England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Price definitely going to go out further. Uniteds defence and Goalkeeper definitely have big questions to answer in this match, big test for them. Definitely worth a lay on united winning prematch.

Man.United – Tottenham Man.United has a very good record against Spurs at Old Trafford. They won last 6 home games against Tottenham and in 5 out of these 6 games they won by at least 2 goals. I expect price on Man.United to drop further closer to kick-off, so will be taking this one early. Man.United -1 AH @ 2.15 (5 units) Bet365

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August

Price definitely going to go out further. Uniteds defence and Goalkeeper definitely have big questions to answer in this match' date=' big test for them. Definitely worth a lay on united winning prematch.[/quote'] I think you are joking or otherwise you have no idea.Last year United had also a lot of injury problems and they won 18 out of their 19 matches at home.THey have young and very talented defenders Jones,Smalling,Evans and Fabio.Evra returns.You shouldn't think that de Gea will make mistakes in every match. Tottenham's offense is not that good.tHe scottish side Hearts in no opponent,if they would play in England than in the third division.Furthermore Tottenham has big injury problems themselves.King,Huddlestone,Pienaar,Jenas and Palacios are out.Modric and Gallas are doubtful. I don't think laying United is a good idea.Backing over is a good idea.United will control the match which will reduce Tottenham's chances dramatically.The Red Devils' offense is just too good to be stoped especially against the Brazilian keeper Gomes who is making more errors than de Gea does.I remember last season seeing Gomes producing a lot of silly mistakes.

Sport Football (England - Prem) Event Norwich vs Stoke City Selection Clean Sheet - Stoke City Strength 10/10 Date 21/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Victor Chandler @ 3.20 Reasoning Ridiculous price on Stoke City to keep a clean sheet. Stoke City's attacking threat is not exactly great/ideal given that their 1st choice striker is not available due to injury. Stoke drew their opening game vs Chelsea 0-0 and won their Europa league game 2-0 mid week. Given how Stoke may be potentially tired given their mid-week game, I still expect them to be able to keep a clean sheet against promoted side Norwich. Norwich opened the season with a 0-4 loss vs Man City. I think Stoke will be too much defensively for Norwich.
Eh? When? I think you are confusing Norwich with Swansea... Norwich were top scorers in the championship last season, we only failed to find the net at home twice, and while Stoke may well look to park the bus (which I actually doubt they will if Pulis has done his homework) we've not got promoted twice in a row by letting teams bully us physically. I agree somewhat with others saying this is a no bet match, but I stick to my tips earlier in the thread about norwich finishing strongly and both teams scoring.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Norwich - Stoke draw @ 3.35 pinnacle Norwich coming off a good 1-1 draw away to Wigan where they showed they are capable of scoring but they face a much better defence here, as Woodgate with Shawcross in the middle and add Huth means that this defence will be very hard to breach. For Stoke they will have problems scoring as they do not have enough quality when going forward and will rely on the set pieces to bring them goals. Also they are sure to feel some effects of playing in Europe midweek, as this is something new to them, and can see them not playing to their best. They did not score in 7 of their last 9 games in the EPL last season, and little to suggest that they have improved their ability to score. While Norwich did score last year in the Champinship, the EPL defences are much stronger especially Stoke having added the experience of Woodgate there, they are not an easy to score on. Wolves - Fulham draw @ 3.34 pinnacle Wolves will be pretty happy after their very good win over Blackburn last week, and their home opening should see them come out and take it to Fulham. Fulham could be considered somewhat unfortunate that they did not score against Aston Villa last week as Given was in great form. Wolves defence has been strengthened with the signing of Johnson, while the Fullham defence is not one that is easily breached. While the two sets of central midfielders work hard, both sides have some good players on the flanks, but can see both sides cancelling each other out. Fulham will have to overcome the effects of playing in Europe mid week, but they did not concede in their last 2 away games in the EPL last year, so they will be looking to keep a clean sheet yet again. Can see both teams sharing the points here Bolton - Man City draw @ 3.69 pinnacle Bolton coming off a very good 4-0 win away to QPR and they look likely to do well this year of they can maintain that kind of form. Man City were impressive as well in beating Swansea also 4-0, but they are on the road where they have had their problems last year, asthey could not reprodcue the same form on the road as they do at home. Bolton will be much more tighter at the back to stop the likes of Aguerro and Silva getting through, while the Man City defence is pretty tough to beat. Not much to separate these two sides as both will be wary of the other, as both scored good wins last week. August picks: 7-7 (+4.63)

Sport Football (England - Prem) Event Norwich vs Stoke City Selection Clean Sheet - Stoke City Strength 10/10 Date 21/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Victor Chandler @ 3.20 Reasoning Ridiculous price on Stoke City to keep a clean sheet. Stoke City's attacking threat is not exactly great/ideal given that their 1st choice striker is not available due to injury. Stoke drew their opening game vs Chelsea 0-0 and won their Europa league game 2-0 mid week. Given how Stoke may be potentially tired given their mid-week game, I still expect them to be able to keep a clean sheet against promoted side Norwich. Norwich opened the season with a 0-4 loss vs Man City. I think Stoke will be too much defensively for Norwich.
Norwich drew 1-1 with Wigan opening day Swansea lost 4-0 to city

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Sport Football (England - Premier League ) Event Norwich x Stoke Selection Stoke dnb Strength 5/10 Date 21/08/2011 >bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.95 Reasoning Both clubs draw the first match of the season, but i see value on Stoke dnb, Norwich is the first time that go play in home for the premier this year and this game go be hard to predict where the ball go. the Draw of Stoke in home agans Chelsea was sweet and i think that Norwich go have alot of problems for take 1 point on this match, i see 1 stoke that the game from the begginer.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Afternoon Fellas, First off congratulations to Liverpool and Villa backers yesterday but especially those who took on Qpr in some form. Didn't see that one myself and you're braver bettors than me :clap Bit of a disappointment yesterday on the english leagues Villa draw LOST Arsenal dnb Lost Ipswich DNB lost Wigan DNB void Watford dnb Void Carlisle win WON Villa Both teams to score Won Only saved by a dijon and twente double later in the day. Anyway on to today. Stoke dnb/Wolves dnb/swindon dnb/mboro draw and nancy win (singles/doubles/trebles and 1 5 fold) Norwich v Stoke I live just outside stoke. They do have a few injuries to contend with but they've started the season impressively and i can't see a fairly weak Norwich side picking up the 3 points here. Norwich have shown us for 2 seasons now, even in L1, that they do make a meal of their home games. Stoke meanwhile, have a certain knack for defeating possession, pass it about kind of teams ie-Wba away. Only small stakes on all these until the season gets going but i think at 1.95 dnb stoke are value. Wolves v Fulham Imo just as likely be a draw as a wolves win, however i just have a good feeling for today.Doyle and Fletcher up top with Jarvis/Hunt/Hammill or Kightly to choose from on the wings should be good for a goal or 2 and i can see Johnsons inlfuence at the back keeping out fulham or down to 1. 2-0 2-1 1-1 likely results imo. 1.80 dnb wolves a decent price Good luck everyone :hope

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Norwich - Stoke: Draw @ 3.35 (Pinnacle) 10/10 Norwich started the season with a 1-1 draw at Wigan and Stoke started with a 0-0 draw at home against Chelsea. Norwich will still need to adapt to the level of play in the Premier. Stoke is the better team, but they were terrible in away matches last season (3rd worst), may have Europa Cup fatigue and have failed to defeeat Norwich in 3/4 last encounters between the teams. Given this, I think the draw is the better bet in this match. Wolves - Fulham: Draw @ 3.30 (Pinnacle) 10/10 Wolves got a good win at Blackburn (1-2) to start the season and Fulham played to a 0-0 stalemate at home against Villa. Fulham is probably the better team, roster wise, but they may have a bit of fatigue from the Europa Cup. Last season, Fulham played to draws 47% of the time in its away matches. This fixture ended in a 1-1 draw last season. At this point in the season, the draw is a good bet between these 2 teams and is offered at good odds.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August I think that Wolves have a good chance of beating Fulham today. The h2h record favours the home side, and they looked very good last week against Blackburn. The manager signed Roger Johnson from Birmingham, which adds value to their defence. Fulham played on Thursday night in Europa League, so that can affect their performance today. Last season, tey were not especially brilliant away from home and I think they will struggle today. Elsewhere, I fancy Man City game to go unders. Not much reasoning behind that - I just think that Mancini will set defensive tactics and Man City will focus on not conceding. Bolton is always difficult to beat at Reebok, so I expect a goalless draw or a narrow away win. I'll go for a double today: Bolton - Man City

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Norwich vs Stoke, Stoke 15/8 10 units Norwich vs Stoke, HT/FT Draw/stoke 5/1 4 units Norwich vs Stoke, Over 3.5 3/1 6 units I feel that stoke city is too solid and are very confortable defending. Their physical get the job done style will give norwich a hard time. I feel that either an early goal will be scored from some deflection/blunder then there will probably be a goal-fest and therefore 3/1 @ over 3.5 seems like a decent punt. Otherwise the 1st half should end 0-0 and i will back stoke to wil 1-0 or 2-0 in the second half @ 5/1. Wolves vs Fulham, Draw 23/10. I feel that wolves will really want to build on their opening game win and play very well in front of the home supporters. However, Fulham are a decent side with plenty of pre-season experience and even if wolves go into the lead i see fulham coming back ending the score 1-1 or 2-2. similarly with wolves there are many games where they fell behind by 2 or 3 goals and have managed to get something out of the game. Over 3.5 also seems like a decent bet @ around 10/3 but i feel that fulham are a very defensive side and likes to win by keeping the score down whilst trying to score a couple themselves. Bolton vs City, 15 units on City @ 4/5. 5 units on City -1.5 @ 2/1 Both these teams opened their accounts with 4-0 wins and will be full of confidence. Bolton however were quite lucky against QPR for their 4-0 win. perhaps 2-1 would have been a fairer score. City however looks too solid defensively and too strong in offense for bolton to handle and i dont see bolton scoring here.

port Football (England - Prem)
Event Bolton - Manchester City
Selection over 3.5
Strength 10/10
Date 21/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 3.25
Reasoning Both teams started very well new season. Bolton defeated the new team in Premier Lague QPR 0-4 on the road that was so big win, while everyone expected Man City 4-0 win against another new team Swansea. Bolton are definetly one of good teams in Premier League last season they defeated some of big four team like Chlesea at home. It seems that Bolton offense is so strong with Klasnic, K. Daives, Reo-Cocer and bulgarian national team player Martin Petrov former Man City player. I don't want to forgive defenceman Gary Kahill who scored two goals last week. I think Bolton will score today at least one goal, but Man City is a big team they will need of win more than Bolton. Man City with Dzeko, Ballotelli and Kun Aguero ahead of their offense I don want to forget Tevez this will be their big weapon today. Last season Manchester City won 2-0 here, but this time Bolton is far dangereous. Two years ago this encounter finished 3-3 here and I expect another goal affair today.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August There's a definite "something in the air" about this game and I'm going to take Man City (-1) @ 2/1. I don't rate Bolton - and that's listening to a few of their fans that I know - and they fear the worse for this game. I believe that there's a momentum about City and I agree with Gabriel Marcotti that Mancini is not the negative coach that some would paint him as. City were fourth highest scorers last season and joint best defensively; I can see them improving on that this year. I'm having a medium single on that ... ...and also using it in a small treble with Haugesund (13/10) to beat Rosenborg and Strømsgodset to beat Aalesund (3/4). Norway, I know but thought I'd mention it.

Wolves v Fulham - Goal Before 32:00 @ 1.83 - B365 2pts Just stumbled on a stat that looks solid enough to back this. Wolves at home are usually quick out of the blocks in terms of attacking play. In their last 10 home matches (from last season) this would have banked 9 times, some quite comfortably. Everyone knows that Wolves can be got at in the other direction so I feel this has some value but I'm not going crazy with it. Last two meetings: 23 April 2011 - Wolves 1-1 Fulham - First Goal 22' 20 Sept 2009 - Wolves 2-1 Fulham - First Goal 18'
Lost. Doyle rounded the keeper just before the half hour mark but could only sky it over the bar; then he nets on 42'. 10 minutes too late. :p

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August A couple of late punts for me. Man City v Bolton Sergio Aguero anytime goalscorer @ 2.10 Such an impressive debut last week has obviously lead to his inclusion in the starting 11 today. I think he has already shown his quality and hopefully he can continue that form this week. Man City -1 @ 3.10 City won this same fixture last year 2-0. Their squad is even stronger this season and they really impressed me last week. More a hunch then anything ;)

Yes Man Utd have a phenomanal record at home against Spurs' date=' so isnt about time that record was quashed? United have many injuries and were lucky to pick up the 3 points at The Hawthorns. Also, put in the fact of Tottenham's very bad luck at this ground for goalscoring opportunities - Pedro Mendes' effort that clearly went over the line! Nani's goal I think it was last season where Gomes thought he had a free kick. Spurs are due some luck at this stadium and I think its about to change[/quote'] I don't agree at all. United do well without key players, they don't really rely on any players too much, as they don't have many stars. (In fact, I'd say they have a worse side on paper than Liverpool, Chelsea and City.) It's their ability to play as a team that gets them wins, as well as luck and Ferguson's ability to motivate his teams. Tottenham's attack isn't actually that good, they don't have a good goalscorer, Bale is overrated and their best player Modric wants to leave. Their defence isn't the best either and with United's very strong wingers I can see their full backs getting pinned back a lot. With the large gulf in quality I see United winning quite easily, especially with their very good record at Old Trafford and good H2H record against Spuds. United to win @ 1.66 10/10 United HT/FT @ 2.4 4/10 United to win to nil @ 2.75 3/10 United -1 AH @ 2.075 3/10 365

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August I know its a bit early but I have to post this cause I know that the odds on Man Utd will drop after monday...talking about the next week match (manchester utd v arsenal). I see gr8 value in the -1 AH on Man Utd odds @BET365 1,85....gonna take this one early with HIGH stakes...probably the biggest bet for me this season. Arsenal was weak v Liverpool and they have not a good record against Man Utd even in full strenght, so imo they r no match for Man Utd now. The odds 1,5 for a str8 win r short for me and imo man utd can win easily by 2 or more goals keeping a clean sheat even though they have absence of a few defensive players...I am going to bet high on this one so I picked imo the safest pick with most value which i mentioned above...just wanted to hear ur opinions whether this is a good pick for high stakes. THANKS :ok

I think that Wolves have a good chance of beating Fulham today. The h2h record favours the home side, and they looked very good last week against Blackburn. The manager signed Roger Johnson from Birmingham, which adds value to their defence. Fulham played on Thursday night in Europa League, so that can affect their performance today. Last season, tey were not especially brilliant away from home and I think they will struggle today. Elsewhere, I fancy Man City game to go unders. Not much reasoning behind that - I just think that Mancini will set defensive tactics and Man City will focus on not conceding. Bolton is always difficult to beat at Reebok, so I expect a goalless draw or a narrow away win. I'll go for a double today: Bolton - Man City not a good call on the unders, City are really strong cheers

I decided to go for a DNB on Liverpool odds 2 @BET365 - IMO no reasoning needed...weakened arsenal side, new strong singings for liverpool, arsenals poor performances during past 2 matches etc. :cigar Than my second bet is a double on a double chance LIVERPOOL or DRAW + M.CITY to win...odds around 2,7 @BET365 Man city had a strong entry against a newly promoted side which wasnt hard. During the match I noticed that the signals and teamwork works well which is a BIG + in any match and If they keep the teamwork going with their offensive approach bolton shouldnt be a big deal. :p Man city is a rich team with a quality squad that is a candidate for the top 3 in premier league so hopefully they will fulfill my expectations. IMO the game will go smth like 0:2/0:3 for Man City and I see good value in 1,8 odds, but i am a bit greedy and decided to pump em up a bit with a safe double chance which is at 1,5 where i can see gr8 value. Any opinions??? I hope that I aint gonna be surprised by some heroic effort of RvP...:lol
NICE :beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer :rollin :puke

English Soccer 2011-2012 1W-3L-0P -3.04 units (25.00%) Norwich pick -118 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Stoke terrible on the road, they haven't won a game on the road since last year in December. I'm sure people will be hoping all over them after an impressive goalless draw against Chelsea. But this team is completely different on the road!
**** me sideways, the 90th minute goal has happened to me now two days in a row 3 times this season. I didnt lose any money, but it feels like I have :unsure

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Took the -1 on City at 3.5 which i thought was great odds, especially when they took the -1 lead twice yet let it slip :wall. Backed them to win also so i made a little profit but wasn't happy that they let their lead slip twice:sad

A couple of late punts for me. Man City v Bolton Sergio Aguero anytime goalscorer @ 2.10 Such an impressive debut last week has obviously lead to his inclusion in the starting 11 today. I think he has already shown his quality and hopefully he can continue that form this week. Man City -1 @ 3.10 City won this same fixture last year 2-0. Their squad is even stronger this season and they really impressed me last week. More a hunch then anything ;)
Just missed out on both bets here. Aguero had a couple of fantastic chances in the first half and was simply unlucky not to get on the scoresheet. While the -1 should have come in, City switched off and allowed Bolton to score. :wall

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August ROONEY 1st goalscorer 7/2 @ LADBROKES. Looking like he's rediscovering form from 2nd half of 09/10 season when he was nailed on 1st scorer for about 8/9 matches in a row, expect him to go on a bit of a run again.

Tip Detail
SportFootball (England - Prem)
EventMan UTD v Spurs
SelectionMan UTD
Strength10/10
Date22/08/2011
Bookmaker/PriceBetfred @ 1.66
ReasoningThis selection for me is based on the fact at home Man UTD are simply awesome. They win the majority of games at home and with their record over spurs recently unbeaten in 20 games this is an easy selection.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August theres this special offer on the hills website on rooney to score in the first 30 minutes @ 7/1 which might be worth putting some money on. you just never know of tottenham. The odds were exactly as i remember of last season of this same fixture but also of arsenal vs tottenham, which tottenham managed to come back from 2 goals down. Personally i see tottenham as a dangerous team and i feel the bookies have got the price exactly right. nothing to be gained here i feel.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August No Modric for Spurs: Luka Modric has not travelled with the rest of the Tottenham Hotspur squad for Monday night's game at champions Manchester United.

Modric has been desperate to leave Spurs all summer, with Chelsea having bids of £22 million and £27 million rejected, and manager Harry Redknapp has revealed the player is not is the right state of mind to play. The game will be Tottenham's first of the Premier League season, with their opener postponed due to riots in London. Modric did not feature in last week's 5-0 Europa League win at Hearts, which would have made him ineligible for Chelsea's Champions League campaign. Chelsea are expected to unveil the signing of Spanish winger Juan Mata from Valenica in the next 24 hours, while new striker Romelu Lukaku will also be paraded in front of the press. Redknapp is hoping the signing of Mata is the end of the Modric saga, but Blues owner Roman Abramovich is seemingly ready to spend again. There is now the suggestion that Israel international Yossi Benayoun could become part of the Modric deal, and he has indicated on his Twitter page that his future should be decided by Wednesday after one injury-ravaged season at Stamford Bridge. Redknapp now finds himself in the same situation at Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger with Cesc Fabregas, having a player who is essential physically fit to play but not mentally. It's a situation which makes a move to Chelsea all the more likely. Redknapp told talkSPORT: "He's got a little bit of an injury. There's a possibility he could have played through it. But at the moment his head's not in the right place. "I think Daniel [Levy] has said he will sit down with Luka in a month or so and have a chat with him and a look at his contract. I want to keep him for sure. I just felt that if he didn't want to be here that much that maybe we might have to sell him. If people don't want to play for you, you might have to sell him and go and get three or four players in. "As a player I couldn't be happier to keep Luka Modric, he's a fantastic footballer and as I've said many times you couldn't meet a nicer boy."

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Man Utd - Tottenham over 3.5 @ 2.75 bet365 These two teams have had some cracking game over the last few years with some controversy added to the mix so like this to be another good game between these two sides. Man Utd will probably field a very youthful looking defence with no Ferdinand or Vidic, so that leaves Smalling, Evans and Jones up against Defoe, while van der Vaart will sit just in behind him. With no Modric in this game, expect Spurs to be play to their strengths and use their flanks with Lennon and Bale hitting them out wide. But Man Utd also have some quality down the flanks and like Young and Nani to get down the line and in behind Assou-Ekotto and Walker, while Dawson and Kaboul try to fend off Rooney and maybe Berbatov. While Man Utd are weakened without their regualr centreback pairing, this should give Spurs confidence that they can breach them, but also not too confident with the Spurs backline. Like the look of goals in this game. August picks: 8-9 (+4.98)

Sport Football (England - Prem)
Event Manchester United - Tottenham
Selection over 3.5
Strength 10/10
Date 22/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 3.00
Reasoning The champion Manchester United will host Tottenham today. The tradition is on United side they are 20 years unbeaten at home of this rival. United won last five matches at home against Totthenam, two years ago the match here finished 3-1, last year 2-0 but Spurs have problems with injuries then. Three of last six matches between finished over. Spurs have easy match on Thursday in Scotland against Hearts 0-5 away win, Bale, Defoe, Lennon, Van der Vaart all these players scored in that match so Totthenam offense seems to be very strong. Modric is out of this match but he also did not played on Thursday. United will be with fresher legs they did not played in midweek. United scored five goals in two matches on the start of new season but they also allowed three. Totthenam will not give up today they will look for at least one goal, but United are so strong in offense. United have problems with their goalie De Gea allowed two easy goals against City I think this will be goal affair.