** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August in my opninion this is the esiest combo for today PSG - 1EH Besiktas - 1 EH odds 2.4 medium/big stakes PSG is two or three times better that their oponents and Besiktas are playing against Russian teams from second division+ they are the home team. the main reason for big stakes are they quality of both teams

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August

I ve seen the Greek bookmakers giving more chances to win on Karpaty' date=' destite PAOK i s a greek team. I dont know why i s so?? Also Greek prediction sites giving advenage on Karpaty... Karpaty is not a tecnical team but only pushers and physically much more ready than Paok.. tat is my opinion:))[/quote'] I wonder where you saw it?We have one bookie,opap,which is given 1,65 for Paok,not good informed.GL

thinking of doing an accumulator with these teams all to win' date=' Tottenham, Celtic, Athletic Bilbao, Fulham and PAOK, odds are nearly 10/1 and all teams apart from Spurs are at home. IMO this has a good chanc of winning, to be honest i cant see any of the teams i plan to back losing or drawing. Anyone got opinions on this?:cheers[/quote'] my instict says that many people will do as you and will lose money it s europa league, a tournament full of surprises every year, specially in this period there are many favourites today, this means many combos, and one match "breaks" the money will flow to books my personal choises are lay fulham, lay celtic in singles i think one of two will break exactly because they will collect most of the money as popular matches anyway there s logic in your combo and good luck

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Austria Wien v Gaz Metan Medias Gaz Metan +0.5 @2.20 with Bet365 Austria Wien are coming after impressive domestic victory over Kapfenberg (5-0). They are currently taking the 2nd spot in the Austrian Bundesliga after 4 games has been played so they are enjoying fairly good start of the season. Austra Wien managed to knock out Slovenian Olimija in the previous round, recording goalless draw on the road and 3-2 win at home. Austrians rely mainly on domestic players, they have only 3 foreigners in the squad which all were in the starting line-up for the game against Kapfenberg. Gaz Metan on the other side had a controversial start of the season. Their poor performance in the Romanian Liga (2 losses in the first 2 games) contrasts with their performance in the Europa League where they knocked out Mainz 05 who are currently taking 1st place in the German Bundesliga. Furthermore they travelled to Cluj to meat CFR Cluj in their 3rd domestic game of the season. Cluj had 2 wins in 2 games before this game and were considered favorites but Gaz Metan managed to pull of another shocking performance and won the game (2-0). It looks like they love to be in the position of underdog. Two key players in the likes of Parvulesc and Munteanu are injured but Gaz Metan managed to deal with Mainz without them so it seems they have a competitive subs for these two guys. Austria Wien is not better team than Mainz, that's for sure. Of course it doesn't mean that Gaz Metan will face no problems against them but I think the odds on visitors represent some value and they shouldn't be so long for a team who have just knocked out German opponent. I've noticed that Romanian teams have a decent performance in the Europa League/UEFA Cup in the last few years. They are yet not involved in the late stage of the tournament (semi-finals, final) but Romanians grew up tactically and regularly manage to qualify several teams to the group stage. Last year was an exception when they had only one in the likes of Steaua but 2 years ago they had whole 4 teams in the group stage. So I'll back Gaz Metan to achieve a decent away score tonight.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Hearts v Tottenham - over 2.5 goals @ 1.9 with Betfair This price looks very tasty. The perceived wisdom is that Tottenham are several levels above Hearts and, if that's the case, then there's every chance that Harry Redknapp's team could cover this line on their own. Of course, there is another way of looking at things. Tottenham failed to keep a clean sheet away from home in all their group games and their qualifying round match in last year's Champions League, conceding 2 at Bremen, 4 at Inter, 3 at Twente, and 3 at Young Boys. Now, realistically, Hearts are nowhere near the level of 3 of those teams, but the Young Boys result is interesting, mainly because Spurs were caught cold at the start of the season by an away trip to unfancied opposition. Also worth noting is that Hearts took 6 points out of 12 at home against the Old Firm in the SPL last season. Now, personally I think Tottenham are a much better side than either of the Glasgow giants, but it does illustrate that Hearts are capable of raising their game at home to stronger opposition. I'm not making the case for an upset here, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a home goal and I think that could be enough to guarantee this line comes in. Either way, whether the gulf in class leads to Tottenham romping it or whether Hearts can exploit those defensive frailties we saw away from home in Europe last season, I think 1.9 represents decent value here.

My opinion without explanationsis that: Paok-Austria-Latzio-Dinamo k. are bankers.GL.
Sorry, but explanations are required in this thread. If you'd rather just post your selections, please use the Midweek Bets thread here: http://forum.punterslounge.com/f6/midweek-bets-aug-16-18-a-120124/

I wonder where you saw it?We have one bookie' date='opap,which is given 1,65 for Paok,not good informed.GL[/quote'] I just checked out prosoccer.gr and they give more chances to karpaty.. you can check... and for lazio .. its stabile 1 like a house... our team made his record this year reaching this phase.. anyway Rabotnicki i s the only one team in Macedonia producing players.. the average age of the players is not more than 21... Lazio will win for sure:)

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Vaslui v Sparta Prague - Sparta Prague @ 2.50 - Stan James 5pts As previously said; Vaslui have numerous problems going into this match. They have a transfer embargo which has prevented them from replacing the players they have sold - as well as having the majority of the first team unavailable through injuries and suspensions. Tomas Repka has already said they are in hot form & will go to win this match and the only thing in their way will be the heat which will be 10 degrees hotter than what they are used to. Could fall under the goal line but I don't know the standard of the Vaslui players coming in so a solid win for the Czechs here.

Vaslui v Sparta Prague - Sparta Prague @ 2.50 - Stan James 5pts As previously said; Vaslui have numerous problems going into this match. They have a transfer embargo which has prevented them from replacing the players they have sold - as well as having the majority of the first team unavailable through injuries and suspensions. Tomas Repka has already said they are in hot form & will go to win this match and the only thing in their way will be the heat which will be 10 degrees hotter than what they are used to. Could fall under the goal line but I don't know the standard of the Vaslui players coming in so a solid win for the Czechs here.
with the same team they finished by a score of 17 - 11 -05 in the romanian division A... and also we can not neglige the fact that Twente did not pass very easy in Romania:)

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Standard vs Helsingborg Picks: Lay Standard (game 1) @ 1.93 3 pts Betfair Helsingborg to qualify @ 2.85 4pts Unibet A lot of value imo. Standard is weakened. The whole midfield will be changed against Helsingsborgs. Witsel,Defour (midfielders) and Mangala (defender) have left Standard. Probably Carcela will be sold and so he doesn't play today. Van Damme and Buyens (also midfielders) are suspended This would be the line-up Bolat Goreux - Kanu - Felipe - Pocognoli Belhocine - Camara Berrier - Nong - Leye Tchité In normal conditions Standard would have won against Helsingborg. But with this verry awfull midfield, Helsingborg have a great chance to go on. And the Standard coach says that if they don't qualify it's not significant.

Standard vs Helsingborg Picks: Lay Standard (game 1) @ 1.93 3 pts Betfair Helsingborg to qualify @ 2.85 4pts Unibet A lot of value imo. Standard is weakened. The whole midfield will be changed against Helsingsborgs. Witsel,Defour (midfielders) and Mangala (defender) have left Standard. Probably Carcela will be sold and so he doesn't play today. Van Damme and Buyens (also midfielders) are suspended This would be the line-up Bolat Goreux - Kanu - Felipe - Pocognoli Belhocine - Camara Berrier - Nong - Leye Tchité In normal conditions Standard would have won against Helsingborg. But with this verry awfull midfield, Helsingborg have a great chance to go on. And the Standard coach says that if they don't qualify it's not significant.
so we can go with a modeste X :)))))))))

with the same team they finished by a score of 17 - 11 -05 in the romanian division A... and also we can not neglige the fact that Twente did not pass very easy in Romania:)
Their two best players (Wesley and Adailton) played vs Twente, they won't be tonight. Neither will 5 or 6 other first team players. :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August HEARTS VS TOTENHAM my eyes are on totenham of cource :-) but... Iam thinking of this 1. redknap have to be aware that in premiere league competition their place at the moment is mostly europe league place. So if they want to get some europe trophy they should accpet reality and go for this one. 2. Tendency to underestimate clubs out of england has been often rewarded with :wall and if today play less than 50 % of first team players , it could be some unpleasant outcome scots are ok side, and on their own field could make some damage . I hope there wouldnt be , couse my side is totenham but all depends of an atitude :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Well, today we'll see a lot of games (I hate this round), but I find one very interesting:

maximize.gif NK Maribor v Rangers (19:45 BST) 3.32 3.35 2.2
What do we have here? The price on Rangers went up to 2,5 (Bet365) and I didn't catch any team news regarding their squad. Maribor will miss Vidović (defender). The "Viole" (Violets) from Slovenia don't strike me as a good enough squad to justify that price on Rangers. They will put in a fight, but... I rate Slovenian clubs very low, because Dinamo Zagreb throws one of them out of euro competition every year... So, maybe I'm bias, but I think Glasgow was unfortunate to be eliminated from CL by Malmo, and Maribor won't be a problem in the EL playoff... Hopefully, Rangers will go for a good game away, catch Maribor on the break, and go home without any doubts about qualifying...

Well, today we'll see a lot of games (I hate this round), but I find one very interesting:
maximize.gif NK Maribor v Rangers (19:45 BST) 3.32 3.35 2.2
What do we have here? The price on Rangers went up to 2,5 (Bet365) and I didn't catch any team news regarding their squad. Maribor will miss Vidović (defender). The "Viole" (Violets) from Slovenia don't strike me as a good enough squad to justify that price on Rangers. They will put in a fight, but... I rate Slovenian clubs very low, because Dinamo Zagreb throws one of them out of euro competition every year... So, maybe I'm bias, but I think Glasgow was unfortunate to be eliminated from CL by Malmo, and Maribor won't be a problem in the EL playoff... Hopefully, Rangers will go for a good game away, catch Maribor on the break, and go home without any doubts about qualifying...
in the last match they were eliminated by maccabi haifa ... they lost in Israel 1;0 and on "ljudski vrt" they did not play anything but 1:1.. maccabi is very weak on the road and maribor still did not beat them... I believe in Glazgow abilities as well

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August PAOK - Karpaty PAOK Saloniki already got the successive 3 wins recently, in high morale, this game meet with FC Karpaty Lviv who has ups and downs recently, PAOK Saloniki with home strength is hoped to grab one victory this time.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Nordsjaelland - Sporting FC Nordsjaelland is back in form while Sporting Lisbon's performance is disappointing since the beginning of the season. This match FC Nordsjaelland shall deserve more attention. Danish League started 5 weeks ago, whereas Portugal League just began (sporting played weak and only drawed at home). I risk Nordsjaelland to win @5.0

What about Lazio? Im thinking them and Fulham on a big stake.!?
I would Suggest a treble, Besiktas Lazio and Bilbao. Leave Fulham out, it is anything but safe. Lazio had a solid pre season scoring many goals and conceding few. Besiktas plaing against relatively unkwown Russian team, and Bilbao are simply stronger than tabzonspor, especially at home. Good Luck Lazio 1.15 Besiktas 1.25 Bilbao 1.55 = 2.23

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Thun v Stoke Thun DNB @ 2.10 Crvena Zvexda v Rennes Draw @3.30 Nacional v Birmingham Home win @ 1.85 Fulham v Dnipro Home Win @ 1.63 All singles/Doubles/Trebles and a Four-fold As has been mentioned, the Europa League can be full of suprises and after considering about 8-9 ties i've wittled it down to these. Stoke have a few injuries to contend with and are still on abit of a learning curve regards european football. I expect them to tactically set up how they do in many away prem games. I'll be suprised to see Stoke win this but as i don't know too much about Thun i can't take the draw on. I imagine Stoke will be happy with 0-0 1-0 1-1. Regards Rennes, well they are by far the better side here imo. I'm taking abit of a chance but i think value lyes in the draw. Nacional. A great price. They beat hacken 3-0 last time out in this competition and i see no reason why they can't repeat that again tonight. We all know Brums problems and i'm not even sure they want to be in this competition anymore. Finally, Fulham, again the quality difference is significant and i was expecting around 1.40 so to get 1.63 is real value. No point me going over Fulhams strengths. Anything other than a home win would be a suprise and i see no reason to go against that.

in the last match they were eliminated by maccabi haifa ... they lost in Israel 1;0 and on "ljudski vrt" they did not play anything but 1:1.. maccabi is very weak on the road and maribor still did not beat them... I believe in Glazgow abilities as well
Maribor probably will miss the captain Marcos Tavares, and Rangers wil play without Weir, Papac, Bartley and Whittaker, while Lafferty is not sure to play... However the new signed Bocanegra can switch one defender...

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Fulham are over priced here to win to nil @2.5 , I would of put it at best 2.0 they have been destroying opponents at home in this competition and if my stats are right they have only allowed 1 goal in an away game to a side they went on to beat 7-1 on agg. (4-0 at home) they are going to want to seal the deal here tonight for an easier away return match + they drew 0-0 at home to Villa last weekend in the Premiership who are a much better team than Dnjepr Dnjepropetrovsk. Dnjepr Dnjepropetrovsk have signed Croatian international forward Nikola Kalinić from Blackburn Rovers for 6Mill euro, this could be why the price is high, in his first game for the team they lost 1-3 at home to Shankar donkfest with Kalinić scoring a late 81st minute goal for the home side. Could he strike again?! This could be one for the handicap with Fulham [email protected] as ive just noticed the 'Win to Nil' market has dropped to 2.25 while writing this Also Lazio and PSG to win to nil 1.72 and 1.57 respectively seems to be the best value without taking on a -3 goal handicap Fulham -1, Lazio and PSG to win to nil @7.06 paddy power 3units:hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 18 August Hi, Spurs lineup will be something like this .. Gomes/Friedel Corluka/Walker Dawson Kaboul Ekotto Lennon Livermore Kranjcar Bale Defoe Pavlyuchenko VDV may play instead of one of the strikers but he's only just back from injury. Sandro, Palacios, Huddlestone, Jenas, Modric and Pienaar are all missing from the midfield so it's a patchwork job there. Crouch probably won't feature as not to cup-tie him in the case of any potential move.

Standard vs Helsingborg Picks: Lay Standard (game 1) @ 1.93 3 pts Betfair Helsingborg to qualify @ 2.85 4pts Unibet A lot of value imo. Standard is weakened. The whole midfield will be changed against Helsingsborgs. Witsel,Defour (midfielders) and Mangala (defender) have left Standard. Probably Carcela will be sold and so he doesn't play today. Van Damme and Buyens (also midfielders) are suspended This would be the line-up Bolat Goreux - Kanu - Felipe - Pocognoli Belhocine - Camara Berrier - Nong - Leye Tchité In normal conditions Standard would have won against Helsingborg. But with this verry awfull midfield, Helsingborg have a great chance to go on. And the Standard coach says that if they don't qualify it's not significant.
Ciman and Gonzalez are injuried. And Gonzalez is also a midfielder :lol 3 injuried players for Helsingborg: Bouaouzan,Eiswohld and Ohlander