BBOTD - Sat 2nd July

2.00 Sandown: Kingsgate Native 1pt win @ 6/1 Will Hill BOG Think this horse has a huge chance tomorrow. Dropped to group 3 level for first time in two years when winning at Goodwood. Has been competing way above this level since then and recent efforts suggest that this step down in class could end being a penalty kick. Stable struggling a little but were in the winners enclosure today. First time blinkers applied could have a positive effect and will be strong enough coming home up the Sandown hill having winning form at 6f. Decent price here IMO and will take the beating.

Re: BBOTD - Sat 2nd July 4.15 sandown primevere 14/1 bet365 had a tip for this horse first time out this season. Was disappointing that day and has been since but they think a lot of this horse I am willing to give the horse 1 more chance. She hasn't lived up to expectations but hopefully she will come good today.

Re: BBOTD - Sat 2nd July

2.00 Sandown: Kingsgate Native 1pt win @ 6/1 Will Hill BOG Think this horse has a huge chance tomorrow. Dropped to group 3 level for first time in two years when winning at Goodwood. Has been competing way above this level since then and recent efforts suggest that this step down in class could end being a penalty kick. Stable struggling a little but were in the winners enclosure today. First time blinkers applied could have a positive effect and will be strong enough coming home up the Sandown hill having winning form at 6f. Decent price here IMO and will take the beating.
sorry should say first time visor - had my blinkers on ;)

Re: BBOTD - Sat 2nd July 15:10 Sandown So You Think - 1pt win 10/11 >Will Hill despite the disapoinment of Ascot So You Think is still a class horse that cant be writen off yet connections said he was under pressure to early in that race and now with the small field he should be more confident and be to much for main rival Workforce

Re: BBOTD - Sat 2nd July 2.35 Sandown Trade Storm - posted career best when upped to 1m for the first time at Royal Ascot in Brittania Stakes and open to more improvement at trip. Edged up 1lb and now taking on elders but should get a good tow into the race. Trade Storm 16/1 VC bet, 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD - Sat 2nd July 4.30 Haydock Kuanyao is worth another chance having been well down the field at Ascot on return. That should have blown the cobwebs out and he was hugely progressive last season winning all 3 starts and 3 starts prior to that in the Autumn of 2009. Clearly handles a slight testing 6f with wins coming at Newmarket and Salisbury which all have a similar incline to Haydocks 6f. He is 9lb above last winning mark and was progressing nicely and although last time out was a concern he was poorly drawn and shaped as if he was ridden with that in mind to be honest, much better drawn today in stall 10 which puts him in the middle to go where he likes. 0.5pts e/w Kuanyao 12/1 pp

Re: BBOTD - Sat 2nd July 2.00 Sandown - Astrophysical Jet 1pt win 6/1 Skybet Took a while to warm to the task last season (didnt win till July) and finished the season off with 2 good wins in Gp 3. Shown little so far this season but arguably hasnt had anything fall his way. This is a smaller field and likely to track broox's from next door stall. Conditions shouldnt be a problem and drying ground will suit

Re: BBOTD - Sat 2nd July 2.35 Sandown - 1pt win Start Right @ 6/1 (Bet365) - BOG I posted this prior to his run at Epsom...

2.10 Epsom - 1pt e/w Start Right @ 7/1 (Bet365) Competitive Investec Mile, but Start Right leaps off the page at me if ready to go for Luca Cumani and Kieren Fallon. Start Right really did well last year after a slow start - finding a seriously troubled passage at Goodwood behind the useful Aattash, between two hard-pulling defeats over 10f. Cumani dropped the horse back to a mile, and managed to get him settled better, and the plan came together to score at Newmarket in July, beating Rakaan, King Of Reason and Hacienda. Followed this up with a ready success at Goodwood - winning by 2 1/4l from Satwa Laird in a 19 runner handicap. He went up 10lbs for that, but still put in a good run from an uncompromising position (and having been restless in the stalls), to be a fast-finishing 4th to Hujaylea at the Curragh. His run in the Cambridgeshire can be forgiven on the grounds that the ground was soft, with the horse ideally wanting a mile on decent ground. He still managed to finish 2nd of 10 in his group, and was eased down, to finish 17th of 35, beaten 9 1/2l. Proved that his improvement/form wasn't curbed when he went over to Dubai, when running with huge credit in a close (3/4l) 4th in a very hot handicap at Meydan. The three horses that beat it are rated (110, 100, 110), with Start Right one of only two runners rated below 100 (and lowest overall). Despite this, he was favourite for the race, and probably only needed a few more strides to get up. He has conditions to suit today, and assuming he goes okay on the track - has twice run well at Goodwood, where course form seems to gel with Epsom. I think he's well up to winning a big handicap off 98, and today could well be the day. Fitness is the main concern, obviously, but if Fallon can get him settled, with a bit of luck, he'll be bang there at the finish. Cumani's horses are going pretty well at the minute, and Fallon is riding well too.
I think just about everyone realised what an excellent run it was at Epsom, having come from another county to finish 3rd of 18 to Dance And Dance. Was never going to get there, however good his turn of foot is. This run made him quite a fancy for the Hunt Cup at Ascot - when sent off at 8/1. He wasn't ideally drawn, and could only manage a well-held 6th of 28 - beaten 7 1/4l by Julienas. However, Dance And Dance ran a very creditable 2nd, so the Epsom form was at least held up. I'm not particularly convinced the straight mile at Ascot plays to Start Right's strengths, however. A lot of the time in these big fields at Ascot, it pays to be handy, and just grind it out much like the winner did. Naturally the run was a little bit flat, but I expect better tomorrow. First of all, Luca Cumani's horses are running excellently at the minute. 6 of his last 19 runners (excluding any he had today) have won, with 7 placing, and just 6 out of the frame. Given his overall record for June was 11-49, he was obviously hitting top form in the latter part of the month, and this bodes well for Start Right tomorrow. I would say the straight mile at Ascot can be quite lung-bursting, given the break-neck tempo throughout the race. I get the feeling Start Right will appreciate going back around a bend, where he can save a little bit for the finishing kick, which is clearly one of his best assets on a going day. This race is probably a touch easier for him, and I think he'll run a very big race.

Re: BBOTD - Sat 2nd July 3:25 Haydock - Sharaayeen - win @ 15/2 (Bet365) Another very tough race but Barry Hills' 4 year old, Sharaayeen, could be a Group horse in the making. He improved to no end when switched to more reserved tactics on his final 2 starts of last year. Before that, he had run well in the main, but just didn't seem to see out his races when racing up towards the head of affairs and he was beginning to get a little disappointing, despite shaping as if he'd make a nice horse when winning as a 2 year old. There should definitely be more to come from him this year and the fact that he held some fine entries in staying events suggests that connections clearly think he'll continue to improve. Given that he's so well built and is such a strong galloper, a step up in trip looks to be the long-term plan, but for now, 1m 4f at this galloping track should suffice with a strong pace being likely. Sharaayeen proved most progressive towards the end of last year, finishing 2nd to Taqleed at Newmarket before going on to land a handicap by an easy 5 lengths off a mark of 78, looking like a potentially classy horse in the making. It's arguable that he beat very little and that's probably true, but the way he done it was extremely impressive and bode well for the future. The handicapper upped him 13lbs in the weights and he was forced to go up in class and trip to find a suitable race. A return to Newmarket was the plan of attack once again but he succumbed a terrible ride from Tadhg O'Shea. When O'Shea switched him right from a poor position he proceeded to make relentless progress to take 2nd just a furlong from home, but he had done his bit and ran out of steam in the final half furlong. It rated as another career-best effort though and the horse got another couple of lbs from the handicapper, which was probably fair. A break was the order of the day after that. Sharaayeen made a most pleasing return to action when just touched off at Newmarket once again. I backed him that day and he was sent off as a well-backed 9/2 favourite of 12. However, he just found one too good having traveled supremely and shown a nice turn of foot to boot. He was eventually run out of it in the final strides, losing to Times Up, a horse who has since won a Listed race by a more than comfortable 4 lengths. The form looks rock solid and although my selection is now 5lbs higher for finishing 2nd that day, his run of impressive performances may not be finished. He's obviously trained on well into his 4 year old campaign and I really think he could be a Group performing stayer in the making, once he matures and he must be capable of defying a mark of 98 if I'm to be proven correct there. Last time out, things conspired against Sharaayeen as he raced freely on the back of a slow gallop at Royal Ascot. The race turned into a sprint and this was completely against him, so a line can be struck through that effort. He's a much better animal than that and I think he can prove it here, even though it's a very competitive renewal of the Old Newton Cup. Barry Hills was out of form back then but he's got his stable in good order of late, with 7 winners from their last 35 runners. He's got a wonderful record at this course in the past 5 years, with 35 winners coming from 130 runners, giving him a LSP of +£46. Richard Hills is on board and knows this horse well. He's 5 from 15 at this course in the past 5 years and will hopefully add to that record here. I wouldn't be too keen on him as a jockey but if the horse proves to be good enough, there should be no issue. Sirvino and The Fonz were others I was interested in but I think I'll take one last chance on the lightly-raced and potentially useful Sharaayeen, as he owes me a fortune at this stage! Once again, it's small stakes as the race is a minefield and I'm not bothering with each-way money as the price is nothing special. The horse could be though and I think this will be his chance to shine. He's got the talent and conditions to suit, so hopefully he'll put his best foot forward.

Re: BBOTD - Sat 2nd July 15:20 Leicester GALE GREEN looked fairly promising as a 3yo and although well held on reappearance, she’s more than entitled to improve for the switch to handicaps and this trip and level is about right for her and at a track her trainer does well at, she should go well. She’s a 4yo handicap debutante trained by Henry Candy whose best effort came on her second start when running over this trip in a hot Newbury maiden. Albeit beaten 12 lengths she shaped very nicely for a long way, leading from the start and looking professional in her racing. She stuck about a lot longer than the market expected (40/1) and she managed to finish fourth. That built upon her debut which was only very average and in a good maiden like that one (winner now rated 104) it was a nice performance. That was in June 2010 and she wasn’t seen for an entire year until reappearing in a maiden at Doncaster. Given more patient riding tactics, she was far too keen and didn’t look fully fit anyway, so that effort is easily excused. Today she races over 1m2f, the same trip that she ran well at in the Newbury effort. She’s been allotted a mark of 70 which is more than fair and she could well be the type that takes off when running in them. Henry Candy’s record here is fantastic with an 18% strike rate and a LSP of £36.25, so it’s interesting he brings her here to make her handicap debut (only runner at the track today too). Amy Scott has struck up a decent partnership with the trainer and she rides Leicester extremely well, with a 5/10 record and a LSP of £30.00. She’s good value for her 5lb claim (definitely around here!) and that might make all the difference today, especially with higher rated 3yo’s able to get a weight for age allowance. At the forecasted prices, she’s far too big. She should handle the ground/track, is fairly rated and with scope to improve as a 4yo and it’s interesting connections have persevered. She can build upon her reappearance effort and run very well today, with not a bad draw to boot. GALE GREEN; EW @ 14/1 >Bet365 (bog)

Re: BBOTD - Sat 2nd July Mandatori - 8.00 Carlisle (1pt win 6-1 SJ) Handicap debut for this one, off a mark of 62. Last time out was backed in from 20-1 to 10-1. However, was poorly drawn and had to be switched wide but stayed on strongly for third behind Pinch Of Posh (who runs at Leicester 2.10 today). Silvestre De Sousa is on board this time, which is obviously a big plus.

Re: BBOTD - Sat 2nd July 3.40 Sandown Ships Biscuit is stepping up to this distance and it is going to be interesting to see how she handles it. Just have a feeling she will relish it and with Moore on fire it is likely to go very close here. Stoutes runners a bit in and out but I'm confident of a good run at least. 1 Pt win 5/1 Boylesports

Re: BBOTD - Sat 2nd July Reflect - 2.15 Haydock (0.5pt e/w 10-1 Sportingbet[url=http://www.punterslounge.com/goto/stanjames]) This doesn't really look like a grade 3 race ... all the horses are more used to grade 4 or 5 races. First I wanted to go with Pintrada in this one, after those nice wins in grade 5 races but think this guys in here are a class above what he is used to. Reflect has a very nice odd for this one...being a horse used to a lot more important races than this one. Finished in his penultime race, on CD in 2nd, just 1 and a half lenghts behind Brown Panther (winner of that race and after that winner in Royal Ascot). In Ascot Reflect has done a misserable race, don't really get the reason why.... and hope he'll bounce back today. Think the ground was a problem in Ascot...doesn't really like that soft ground...but back to good to firm today so most likelly he'll love it and bring back a win in this race. On good to firm ground he has from 3 starts (one 2nd place and a third place). I thought Dobbs will be ridding again...but it looks like Ahern will take his place...hopefully it will addapt fast to this horse...

Re: BBOTD - Sat 2nd July

15:10 Sandown So You Think - 1pt win 10/11 >Will Hill despite the disapoinment of Ascot So You Think is still a class horse that cant be writen off yet connections said he was under pressure to early in that race and now with the small field he should be more confident and be to much for main rival Workforce
I did hear that a bet of 40K has been laid so someone thinks its a recovery mission

Re: BBOTD - Sat 2nd July 4.30 Haydock Judd Street ew 20/1 Bet 365 Looks over priced to me on his best form and is well Handicapped here. Not been at his best of late but with his favoured fast ground on offer today and the fact that both trainer Eve Johnson Haughton and jockey Tom Quealy both hav great records at the course make him look the value bet of the race.

Re: BBOTD - Sat 2nd July 2.00 sandown kingsgate native 11/2 Sportingbet both the starts at ascot were reallclose affairs, lto he was only five lengths behind the winner society rock, thats the jubilee stakes. again on the 14th in the kings stand stakes he was less than 4 lengths behind the winner. This is a step down in grade, hes shown he can handle the ground, course and trip. I rate his chances, and as always ryan moore is the man:hope

Re: BBOTD - Sat 2nd July Haydock 3.25 War Poet win - 10/1 365 Lads WH Ran well in all his 3 maidens before winning easily in first handicap at Thirsk in May. Still on the up and was 2nd to Oriental Cavalier at Doncaster lto. Trip ground ideal and very much respected off just 4lb higher for a excellent up and coming trainer

Re: BBOTD - Sat 2nd July N8.10 Lady Chloe 1pt Win 9/2 Stan James Totally agree with Milen in the above post about War Poet, but I'll take Lady Chloe in tonights Nottingham race as my bet of the day. I'm surprised the horse is as big as 9/2 to be honest, it looks more like a 5/2 shot to me. It's run last time out when winning unchallenged on fast ground looks really good. It defied a raise in the weights that day and the horse is clearly still improving. It's the only 3-y-o in the field and therefore less exposed than many of these and the jockey who's been impressing of late takes off a further 3lb.

Re: BBOTD - Sat 2nd July Beverley 17:10 - Medallie Dor 4/1 Skybet 1pt win Like this one today dropping back to 10 furlongs after the step up in trip LTO did not suit, previous race she won over Lingfield's 10 furlongs, wasn't the strongest of handicaps but she did it nicely suggesting could be more to come, obviously we didn't get to see that LTO as she had a difficult race and just seemed to weaken. This doesn't look anything special and I reckon she'll bounce back here. Stable in good form with 7 winners from their last 16 runners.

Re: BBOTD - Sat 2nd July 830 Carlisle: Bandanaman 1pt (8/1 Bet365) Like these staying races on the flat and this handicap at Carlisle has the usual suspects lining up. I think we have some doubys about the front two in the market and are worth taking on tonight. Neptune Equester is a real stayer but has ran twice in the flat lately and this chaser hasnt got close, should do better in a handicap but still remains a major doubt for me. Word Of Warning has been a bridle horse over hurdles and on the level and i'm not sure he stays this far on the flat, he plugged on last time but this 2m1f trip is not ideal and didnt get involved in this race last year. Bandanaman was 2nd in 2010 staying on well but couldnt reach the winner, he's on the same mark now and has ran three times this season, he ran a bit flat last time but that was a bit quick after his race before and has now been given a few weeks off, he does well when fresh and I expect him to go close in this company.

Re: BBOTD - Sat 2nd July haydock 15:25 sirvino 1pt win bet fred 9-1 great run last time out at windsor won by 5 6 lengths stronger feild today but like fast ground . not sure bout the jokey on board but i like this horse should really go ew on this but i want full points if it wins. gd luck to you all as i seen many of us in this 15 25 race

Re: BBOTD - Sat 2nd July 4.30pm @ Haydock 'Baby Strange' 7/1 (ladbrokes) Running better than form figures recently, last time out after falling outta the stalls and having to be pushed along eventually finished really well not being beaten far in the end. 6fls suits better than 5fls and sooner or later this horse is going to jump on terms and win a big race easily. Why not today? 1 point win

Re: BBOTD - Sat 2nd July So You Think all the way - Workforce has been pushed too hard in training and should have been rested. However Snow Fairy was the best middle-distance filly of her generation last year and has had a nice break since winning Group 1 contests in Japan and Hong Kong at the end of 2010, so she could surprise all of us today. xxxxx facebook page, check this out. They have some good insights. Love this page.

Re: BBOTD - Sat 2nd July Sand 3.10 - Sri Putra - ew at 33/1 BOG bet365 Going with a bit of a hunch today. Sri Putra finished 2nd in this race last year in what was probably a weaker renewal but I think there are doubts about the main protoganists here today...... So You Think...........how good is he ?, is this too soon after a really hard race at Royal Ascot ? Workforce ..........does he need soft ground now ? stable form ? Snow Fairy.........is she fully wound up after a break ? Sri Putra is proven on the ground, on the track. He's a big horse and probably needs a couple of runs to reach his peak, should be cherry ripe now If forced to piut my life savings on the race I'd go with So You Think, but Sri Putra looks like a sporting EW bet,................:)

Re: BBOTD - Sat 2nd July workforce 1 point win 7/4 bet365 15.10 sandown i dont think i need to write to much of a case for the arc de triomphe and derby winner from 2010,on its day i would put workforce up against most horses,with a pacemaker (confront) to help it along,if on blob should be in the winners circle,so you think is an excellent horse who had sri putra six lenghts back last time out so will have that for second,snow fairy has had a long time off but wont be to far behind sri putra who might just grab third and confront though a very good horse wont be able to stay up front for the 1 mile 2 furlong race and will tire near the end prediction 1st workforce 2nd so you think 3rd sri putra 4th snow fairy 5th confront

Re: BBOTD - Sat 2nd July 3:10 Sandown - Workforce - Back I think he's over-priced here. He has achieved a bundle more so far in his career thus far than So You Think, and I would not be wanting to take the Evens today just based on potential after he was beaten lto against a lesser horse than he faces today. Rewilding is a quality horse in his own right but he's nowhere near as good as Workforce. Last year's Derby and Arc winner looked impressive when winning on his seasonal re-appearance and I think he has a great chance here at a relatively juicy price. Snow Fairy is a very good horse in her own name, but she'll have to step up to challenge the big boys here and this may just be a step too far 1pt win @ 7/4 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD - Sat 2nd July Bowdler's Magic 3.25 Haydock. 0.5 points each way. Consistent enough, although last time was a little below par, and with trip and ground not a concern and at long last being dropped a pound in weight, he does have a chance of a win today. The price is there to take a chance and the race should be run to suit his style. 20/1 Bet365 (bog)

Re: BBOTD - Sat 2nd July 3.25pm @ Haydock 'Bay Willow' 25/1 (ladbrokes) Baby Strange Nr so I'll go with this Godolphin '2nd string'. Form in Meydan beyond what the rest of this field have managed. If fit and ready to roll will be hard to beat never mind keep out of the frame. 0.5 EW

Re: BBOTD - Sat 2nd July POWERFUL PIERRE 3.35 Beverley. 0.5 points each way. A bit of a thinker, but does go well at this track and the trip and ground's not a concern. Seems to dislike winning, so not sure why he deserves to be a 'bet of the day', but at the same time I fail to see how he shouldn't be involved in the finish of this race. The race has enough pace about it to suit us, so at a decent each way price would be worth a pop. 8/1 William Hill BOG