APAT UK Team Championship - PL Team Selected .... Good Luck

teaulc

APAT UK Team Championship - PL Team Selected .... Good Luck  

1. 1.

• Yes I'd like to be considered
    • No

the 2 day event is on the weekend of 22/23 October in Luton, although no details are available yet i thought it would be good to see who are interested in representing Punters Lounge this year. also please note there is no guarantee that PL will be one of the 25 teams selected. closer to the time the mods will select from those who have voted yes.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: APAT UK Team Championship - would you like to play for Team PL? What would be the selection criteria as I seemed to miss out last year on some dodgy team selection ;) A fairer system would be to have a league to decide half the team, the winner of the league is captain and then the captain has his wildcard picks (whether it be the the next ones down in the league or players who he rates based on previous results in live events). Thats how its done elsewhere and it gets away from the ambiguity of a self nominated captain picking his own team.

Re: APAT UK Team Championship - would you like to play for Team PL?

What would be the selection criteria as I seemed to miss out last year on some dodgy team selection ;) A fairer system would be to have a league to decide half the team, the winner of the league is captain and then the captain has his wildcard picks (whether it be the the next ones down in the league or players who he rates based on previous results in live events). Thats how its done elsewhere and it gets away from the ambiguity of a self nominated captain picking his own team.
early days yet Brian,and you were told why you were`nt selected last time. which ever way the team is selected it will be done fairly,and all suggestions listened to :ok

early days yet Brian,and you were told why you were`nt selected last time. which ever way the team is selected it will be done fairly,and all suggestions listened to :ok
Yes I didn't say I wasn't told I said I didn't like the selection criteria last time it is about time we picked a team to win :ok

Yes I didn't say I wasn't told I said I didn't like the selection criteria last time it is about time we picked a team to win :ok
:ok oh and nice result at the weekend :clap:clap:clap

Re: APAT UK Team Championship - would you like to play for Team PL? As a comparitive newbie here, im fine to step out for a older regular member if need be, dont wana cause any trouble. Not saying i wouldnt play for PL for the first time though if chosen/allowed :lol

As a comparitive newbie here' date=' im fine to step out for a older regular member if need be, dont wana cause any trouble. Not saying i wouldnt play for PL for the first time though if chosen/allowed :lol[/quote'] No quite the opposite of what I'm saying mate, its a poker competition and as such the strongest players should be chosen not one player over another as he has more posts than you. Alan is obviously uncomfortable with this as he fears he may not get in using this method :lol (joke honest) And yes thanks for yesterday Alan nice score

Re: APAT UK Team Championship - would you like to play for Team PL? I agree with Brian on this one :loon We need to have a strong team and wether that means peeing off the regulars then it has to be done, how we do it tho is another matter. We'll canvas for opinion closer to the date and that way it will done with people on form at the time of the game, not now etc. So, can everyone interested please post up or vote in the poll and we can have a good idea:ok

Re: APAT UK Team Championship - would you like to play for Team PL? Paul, or Graeme, or whoever, should pick a 'First XI' (or however many will be in a team) and PM them about the tournament. Over 4 months away gives enough time for people to pen it into their diaries. Pick a team to win, unlike Fabio

I agree with Brian on this one :loon We need to have a strong team and wether that means peeing off the regulars then it has to be done, how we do it tho is another matter. We'll canvas for opinion closer to the date and that way it will done with people on form at the time of the game, not now etc. So, can everyone interested please post up or vote in the poll and we can have a good idea:ok
which was one of the reasons i posted up early,unlike previous years

Over 4 months away gives enough time for people to pen it into their diaries.
Ah, but I seem to remember we had a few last minute drop outs last time, and the only one who scored any points was the super sub. ;)

Re: APAT UK Team Championship - would you like to play for Team PL? I've put my name forward, although haven't really played or done anything worthwhile in Poker in the last couple of months, it does give me a little bit of time to prove (or disprove:lol) any talent I have for this game...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Re: APAT UK Team Championship - would you like to play for Team PL? we will find out hopefully on September the 5th whether we have been successful in making the list of 25 teams. if successful we will post up the team. if anyone else is interested please let us know.:ok

• 2 weeks later...

Re: APAT UK Team Championship - would you like to play for Team PL? The teams chosen for this event are as follows: APAT Forum APAT Champions APAT Luton Club Chorley Poker League The Maple Dragon Poker Club Eatmystack forum poker shark magazine Blonde Poker Gambling Network Forum NIPoker Elite Amateur Poker League FISO.CO.UK iloveplayingpoker Newcastle poker forum Hetton Social Poker League Bristol Meetup BLACK COUNTRY POKER CLUB LBPN Black Belt Poker PuntersLounge.com London Poker Meetup The Hendon Mob Live Pub Poker League Betfair Forum A world of Poker/IPE Teams are requested to provide 8 person teams, names on this thread by mid October please I will supply details of the two captains of APAT Forum and APAT Champions asap Apologies to the few teams who missed out. if there are withdrawals we will be in touch

Re: APAT UK Team Championship - would you like to play for Team PL? closes Fri.9th Se

if anyone else would like to put their name down you have until Friday 9th September to do so and then the thread will be closed :ok
Further to that, could everyone who has already voted (see below) please post in this thread that they are definitely able, willing and available to play, as we had several drop-outs late on last year meaning we had to mess APAT around revising the team. Anyone additional voting this week please also post in the thread. :ok Yes I'd like to be considered andybell666, andyfmfb, avongirl, BAM, Fonzie14, Goldenjaguar, Haichan, Lars, rejmak, Rivrd (MVP), runadrum, Samba_SamPa, SpurMan, staffy, teaulc