APAT UK Team Championship - PL Team Selected .... Good Luck

teaulc

APAT UK Team Championship - PL Team Selected .... Good Luck  

1. 1.

• Yes I'd like to be considered
    • No

Re: APAT UK Team Championship - PL Team Selected .... Good Luck Had my most enjoyable day of live poker yesterday since you know when. Simply because it was a strong starting table (3 of us made the final 12) where I spent all but the last hour or so and because I had a decent run of cards - including every pocket pair at least once other than KK and TT. My game definitely only works if I have the cards to back it up. An obvious thing to say I guess, but after sitting for most of the day with the man who ended up day one chip leader on 235k, I realise that it especially applies to me ! In a conversation with the Mole and Alan I understood what Stef meant when he said he doesn't acknowledge the phrase 'card dead', but unlike him I do have a too limited range of hands I will play, and especially open with. Got stalled before moving tables yesterday when lost 2/3rds of my stack with QQ v JJ, only to get it back a few hands later with AA. Without the QQ reverse I think I'd have gone in overnight on 80k plus rather than 36k. Today started very slowly thanks to my limited card range, folding KsQs to an all-in on the 3rd or 4th hand of the day thinking I would be bound to find a better spot, that didn't come until I'd been blinded and anted down to 14k :eyes Was happy to make the money and seemed to be building up a stack I could use and was looking for the FT when my A7 broke down against the big stack's KJ with a board of JxKxJ. Well done to Mick as he definitely should and would have made the FT had that Ace not come :clap Good to meet up with old faces (some not not seen for a long while) and new - all good company as ever. :ok

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: APAT UK Team Championship - PL Team Selected .... Good Luck

So because its 10k deep stack you shouldnt be all in,i think your being a bit unfair on al here lets say he folds and guy turns over 67o :puke:puke sometimes you have to go with your gut feeling and as morls says he thought he had ak so had a good hand or so he thought,dont get why everyone seems to criticise al but dont say much to others,unlucky al and chin up mate :ok:ok:ok:ok:ok
much appreciated Karl, but have had a bit of an epiphany over the weekend and have done a lot of soul searching. i still wouldnt have done anthing different as i knew i was that far ahead even on such a limited time span sitting next to him,as it was he wasnt even a member of black belt forum but a last minute replacement,but that is neither here nor there. if my hand had held up you would of all be saying what a great start etc, (or maybe you wouldnt). many congrats to the team for their effort and well done to Helen,Staffy and Duncan,especially the latter 2 who have proved to themselves and everyone else they are very good players :clap:clap:clap Staffy, as Morls says if your not all in with KK, what are you going all in with,just very unlucky mate. as for my exit,i still swear that i saw AK in my hand and was shocked when i turned over A/10 on the flop, now the way this hand played was this,he raised 3xbb with 1 caller and me, flop was A/2/K so i am looking at 2 pair (or so i thought) i raise the pot,her re-raises, the caller folds,i re reraise he shoves. i know he has crap going by the info he gave out previously,i call and lo and behold he Q/9 .............then i show A/10 and i had to double check the 10 to see if i had 3 cards,but i didnt,anyway i am miles ahead but he hit a Q on turn and rivers a 9 to give him 2 pair.thats just the way i run and make no apologies. i have never mis-read any of my hands before and doubt i ever will again. i can tell you all its not nice to go out like that and it makes no difference whether i was to go out in 184th or 51st, i got no points and that hurt. anyway moving on from that, i hit the cash tables and managed to get my £50 up to £120 only to lose that as i felt that the time i wanted to leave the table it was my BB and i felt it would be rude to leave then, as it was i got dealt KK and lost a £240 pot against 3/3 ...hey ho.:\ it was great to meet up with the mole again and i was sat next to him in the evening tourney and cheered me up no end with his banter at the table until his A/A got busted but a rivered straight. i finished about 25/97 when my A/K was all in against 6/7s and 7/4 only for the 6/7s to river a flush. that just about sums up Saturday and i went back to the hotel a bit dejected but was going to play the Omaha on the Sunday,but woke feeling very much under the weather so went home.

Re: APAT UK Team Championship - PL Team Selected .... Good Luck Well done to Runna, Staffy and H on making the points. My tourney was not very eventfull. Early on was playing steady picking up a few pots, but nothing to write home about and got up to about 15k at 1st break. One hand that sticks out was a limped pot to my bb where I had pkt3s....flop 335 with two spades....hmmm flopped quads!! :nana how to get paid???? Checked flop, check, check, Bet from button :D. I called, but other limpers folded. Js on turn...check, check. Another spade on river, I bet half pot (Praying that button has a large spade :hope)....FOLD :eyes Ah well...no spade. After that, went a bit card dead, just managing to steal from lp to keep ticking over. The main damage hand :(, I have QQ in cut-off, early pos raise with a call from mid pos, so I 3-bet to try and isloate/win pot. Early raiser has a think and flats, mid pos folds. Flop comes K with 2 rags, he checks, I cbet 1/2 pot, he shoves....I fold. He shows AK. A couple of rounds later with no decent hands and I'm pretty short, get it in with K6 hearts....called by AK......game over.:wall Had a fun weekend though, always nice to meet old friends and make a few new ones.:cheers

Re: APAT UK Team Championship - PL Team Selected .... Good Luck not sure if this has been post courtesy of apat forum: APAT Forum - 101pts Hetton Social Poker League - 98pts Blonde Poker - 91pts A World Of Poker - 89pts Live Pub Poker League - 89pts Newcastle Poker Forum - 89pts Punters Lounge - 80pts Black Country Poker Club - 44pts APAT Luton Club - 41pts Lee Barrett Poker Nights - 38pts Bristol Meetup - 36pts Elite Amateur Poker League - 35pts Eatmystack Forum - 34pts Chorley Poker League - 21pts London Poker Meetup - 20pts Maple Dragon Poker Club - 18pts APAT Champions - 10pts FISO - 8pts Betfair Forum - 0pts iLovePlayingPoker - 0pts

Re: APAT UK Team Championship - PL Team Selected .... Good Luck Levels 3 - 5 for me were the most frustrating 2 and a bit hours of poker I have ever experienced!. OK so starting on a pretty loose table, and picking my spot managed to get up to 15k at first break, picking off a smaller kicker to a pair of aces each. That's when the real problems started. Dan from Maple Dragon was sat down acting after me, and was playing literally anything, though he had some good hands mixed in with his rags, which made a patient game a priority. Should maybe have played one or two more hands given the percentages, but the best hand I saw in three levels was pocket 6s, and those acting before me had raised and reraised and all in, so would have been a risky call on that. Played a KQ, board coming AJJ, turn A, River J. Managed to get away relatively unscathed when Sue from the Newcastle bunch had the A. Only other one was an A9 which two paired the board, which fortunately didn't kill my stack completely as caution paid as another of the Newcastle mob showed A10 which gave a higher two pair. Moving to Staffy's table with only 3k, managed to get up to 14k again with a nice pay off with jacks, and a good read to take another pot down when holding trips against what I was told later was two pair, only to run into the hooks when holding 9s and with an M of 6 I really had to play them, and that was me gone. Still fun was had, and was good to meet some new faces along with the usual suspects. Did not change my opinion of Luton though. It's still a complete shithole!..