Tennis - The French Open

Re: Tennis - The French Open

Please. I beg you to stop whining about your bloody combos. Every selfrespecting punter knows these are bound to be -ev. I know it sucks to lose because of this retard not closing the match against an even bigger retard who's also injured. But after 10000 posts about you losing this combo it's getting annoying.
Fair enough bro, needed to share the anguish with someone, guess I was looking for sympathy lol :sad Almost pulling off a 5 fold tennis £10 accumulator is hard, especially if they're not all outright favourites. Shall give it a rest now though ;)

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£389 if Monfils wins - £220 if he loses by less than 7 games in the match as a total. Would have been over £800 had Montanes taken his 20 guzilian match points.
I think you want to be getting out of both of those bets. Can see Ferrer swatting Monfils aside from here on in. Have taken him at 1.76. Really like your Simon +5.5 bet Atko. I've the same at the lower price of 1.87 on betfair. I'm also adding over 37.5 @1.91. I can't see either player winning in straight sets. I've also added Falla-Chela over 37.5 games. Both have gone at least four sets in their last two and I don't see either player taking this one easily. It could easily be another Fognini-Montanes style match between two players who prefer clay but lack the discipline to really take hold of a match. I expect Chela to win but I don't think he'll do it with ease. Finally, I'm on Kvitova (-2.5) against Na Li. Kvitova is playing some really solid tennis at the moment, hitting well and looking strong. She won Madrid, beating Na Li in the semi finals 6-3, 6-1 and while I don't expect it to be as comprehensive tomorrow, I still think the Czech has the game to beat the Chinese once more. She seems to just do everything Li does a little bit better and she's in better form. Li took three sets to beat Zahlavova then narrowly beat Espinosa in two. Kvitova is about four levels above those two and 2.5 games is nothing.

Re: Tennis - The French Open Falla vs Chela - Falla 2/1 - 6/10 In Chela's last 10 matches on clay he has lost to one player Florian Mayer and that was @ a time when Mayer was in red hot form on the red turf, getting to the Quarter's in Rome only to lose to Murray in 3 sets. Ironically enough it was Falla who ended Mayer's French Open run, admittedly Mayer did not quite perform to his season's standards but it was a still a big scalp for Falla if you ask me. Simplistic logic would therefore go to suggesting Falla should be beating Chela on clay, little naive you would say? Perhaps, perhaps not? They've met 3 times before, Chela leads their head to head 2-1 with Falla winning their one and only meeting on clay. I expect this to be AN EXTREMELY CLOSE ENCOUNTER with Chela most likely sneaking it based on his clay court experience pedigree, however Falla being rated @ 2/1 odds is an absolute joke and taking a shot @ him with small - medium stakes is worth it IMO. Could also lay Falla if he wins the first set, or takes a 2 set to 1 lead.... Paddy Power

I think you want to be getting out of both of those bets. Can see Ferrer swatting Monfils aside from here on in. Have taken him at 1.76.
Any particular reason? Or is that just gut instinct feeling? Or are you basing this on the fact he's a break up? What makes you believe Monfils can't spark together moments of magic in this 4th set that'll draw him back into it and pile the pressure on Ferrer who then becomes tight and opens the gate for Monfils? I can't see how Ferrer is going to win a 4th and 5th set 6-2, 6-2 / 6-1, 6-3 / 6-3, 6-1 or anything better than these..... Monfils feeds too much off the crowd... TBH you were JUST ABOUT right with regard to Djokovic and your -6.5 handicap so I am kind of valuing your opinion right now...

Falla vs Chela - Falla 2/1 - 6/10 In Chela's last 10 matches on clay he has lost to one player Florian Mayer and that was @ a time when Mayer was in red hot form on the red turf, getting to the Quarter's in Rome only to lose to Murray in 3 sets. Ironically enough it was Falla who ended Mayer's French Open run, admittedly Mayer did not quite perform to his season's standards but it was a still a big scalp for Falla if you ask me. Simplistic logic would therefore go to suggesting Falla should be beating Chela on clay, little naive you would say? Perhaps, perhaps not? They've met 3 times before, Chela leads there head to head 2-1 with Falla winning there one and only meeting on clay. I expect this to be AN EXTREMELY CLOSE ENCOUNTER with Chela most likely sneaking it based on his clay court experience pedigree, however Falla being rated @ 2/1 odds is an absolute joke and taking a shot @ him with small - medium stakes is worth it IMO. Could also lay Falla if he wins the first set, or takes a 2 set to 1 lead.... Paddy Power
Falla +5.5 - 4/5 - Strength 8/10 All the reasons from my previous tip regarding this match (as quoted above) as well the belief I see there being atleast one tie break coupled with extremely tight sets. If Chela wins in 5 the handicap is guaranteed and if its 4 (which is the most likely scenario) a single break in each set (assuming Falla wins a set with a break) would leave Chela leading with a maximum of 5 games after victory. Lots of variables but always good to weigh up the probabilities. Paddy Power

Re: Tennis - The French Open Murray vs Triocki - Triocki 15/8 - Strength 5/10 Going to list my reasons here. 1) Clay is Murray's worst surface. 2) Clay is close becoming Triocki's best surface. 3) Triocki is the most under-rated player in the top 20, very talented and has recently picked up a lot of faith in himself and his game since aiding Serbia to their first ever Davis Cup victory. Djokovic has had a positive influence on his game, its evident from the way he's been hitting backhand winners down the line, very Djokovic reminiscent. 4) Murray comes into this match hampered somewhat by injury. 5) 15/8 odds similar to the Falla odds and is again considering the match up a joke considering all these factors I've just mentioned. Murray vs Triocki - Triocki +4.5 Evens - Strength 6/10 If Murray does win, it definitly won't be in straights (based on the reasons I gave in my previous tip concerning this encounter, a 4 or 5 sets is more likely and I really can't see double breaks for Andy. Paddy Power ....and just to add my only bet for tomorrow is a 5 pound treble. Falla + Triocki + Soderling = 10/1 - Pays 50 (excluding the 5 staked)

Any particular reason? Or is that just gut instinct feeling? Or are you basing this on the fact he's a break up? What makes you believe Monfils can't spark together moments of magic in this 4th set that'll draw him back into it and pile the pressure on Ferrer who then becomes tight and opens the gate for Monfils? I can't see how Ferrer is going to win a 4th and 5th set 6-2, 6-2 / 6-1, 6-3 / 6-3, 6-1 or anything better than these..... Monfils feeds too much off the crowd... TBH you were JUST ABOUT right with regard to Djokovic and your -6.5 handicap so I am kind of valuing your opinion right now...
I don't buy into Monfils feeding off the crowd. I feel he is more likely to be distracted by the crowd than anything else. The guy is one of the most talented players on the tour but he manages time and again to make a mess of things, particularly at key moments in matches. He's at his worst when he's trying to hit winners and that's what I think he'll do tomorrow. Ferrer starts tomorrow a break up in the fourth and serving. If he wins his first service game the scoreboard looks bad for Monfils and you could easily imagine Ferrer breaking again. That takes it, potentially, to 6-1/6-0 in that set. It isn't a huge stretch to imagine that Ferrer then wins the next set. Obviously Monfils could come out, break back straight away and go on and win the fourth set but he's just too inconsistent for my money. Last year he was 2-0 and a break up on Fognini then lost in five sets, in a match played over two days.

I don't buy into Monfils feeding off the crowd. I feel he is more likely to be distracted by the crowd than anything else. The guy is one of the most talented players on the tour but he manages time and again to make a mess of things, particularly at key moments in matches. He's at his worst when he's trying to hit winners and that's what I think he'll do tomorrow. Ferrer starts tomorrow a break up in the fourth and serving. If he wins his first service game the scoreboard looks bad for Monfils and you could easily imagine Ferrer breaking again. That takes it, potentially, to 6-1/6-0 in that set. It isn't a huge stretch to imagine that Ferrer then wins the next set. Obviously Monfils could come out, break back straight away and go on and win the fourth set but he's just too inconsistent for my money. Last year he was 2-0 and a break up on Fognini then lost in five sets, in a match played over two days.
Shocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That frightens me, extremely tempted to cover this one now. Do you not read anything @ all in to the fact he's beaten him once before @ the French 3 years back?

Re: Tennis - The French Open Sorry just got to add another tip lol this is an absolute joke, the bookies have lost their marbles if you ask me. Ferrer vs Monfils - Monfils -2.5 handicap - 40/1 - Strength 2/10 Worth a pound or two bet, taking away the 2-0 lead in this present set, Monfils leads Ferrer by a game in total won, if Monfils wins this set to finish Ferrer off by any scoreline other than 7-6, the -2.5 handicap is won. That's basically 40-1 on Monfils to win current set with any score other than 7-6 ... absolutely amazing!!!!!!!! Paddy Power

Re: Tennis - The French Open Hi guys, 2 more picks for the French Open: ATP: SIMON+5GAMES HANDICAP TO DEFEAT SODERLING @ 2.05 on pinnaclesports WTA: SCHIAVONE TO DEFEAT PAVLYUCHENKOVA @ 1.57 on ladbrokes/stan james Simon is a great counterattacking player with great return of serve. Should be able to take at least a set in this match. On clay Schiavone should be able to force a lot of errors from Pavlyuchenkova who prefers fast surfaces.

Sorry just got to add another tip lol this is an absolute joke, the bookies have lost their marbles if you ask me. Ferrer vs Monfils - Monfils -2.5 handicap - 40/1 - Strength 2/10 Worth a pound or two bet, taking away the 2-0 lead in this present set, Monfils leads Ferrer by a game in total won, if Monfils wins this set to finish Ferrer off by any scoreline other than 7-6, the -2.5 handicap is won. That's basically 40-1 on Monfils to win current set with any score other than 7-6 ... absolutely amazing!!!!!!!! Paddy Power
You've mis-calculated. Monfils is actually tied on games (excluding the fourth set). He is also two down in the fourth, with Ferrer serving. That means he will have to swing that one from 2-0 to 6-3 to win - effectively three breaks of serve. It's not happening. If Ferrer does serve out for the fourth set then he will be three games ahead. Monfils will then need to take the final set 6-0. Again, not happening.

You've mis-calculated. Monfils is actually tied on games (excluding the fourth set). He is also two down in the fourth, with Ferrer serving. That means he will have to swing that one from 2-0 to 6-3 to win - effectively three breaks of serve. It's not happening. If Ferrer does serve out for the fourth set then he will be three games ahead. Monfils will then need to take the final set 6-0. Again, not happening.
You are right, so he'd need to win this set, 6-3 or the next 6-1 or 6-2 if he loses this one on a tie break. Anyway, Falla's making an impression already, what did I tell you guys?

Yesssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!! Cmon Falla!!!!!!!!!!!! Handicap's looking nice too.
There's a lot of tennis to be played in that match though, Chela could easily bagel Falla in this set. Kvitova v Li - 6-2, 1-6. Women's tennis - I never learn :\

Re: Tennis - The French Open Sport Tennis Event Rafa vs. Ljubicic Selection over 32.5 Strength 10/10 Date 30/05/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.75 Reasoning Well, it is already so visible and clear that Rafa is not playing the same tennis at the moment than he was in the previous tournaments. Rafa at the moment lacks the high confidence which is so important in tennis. Today he will play against another player who is playing very similar to John Isner, or at least possess exactly the same dangerous qualities as the american. Ljubicic is in big form at the moment and that change everything here, his serve and his shots have a great accuracy, so he should have his chances in this one do doubts. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis - The French Open Sport Tennis Event Murray vs. Troicki Selection Murray (-8.5) GH (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 30/05/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 4.50 Reasoning Well, Andy Murray will look for a spot in the French Open quarterfinals. Murray will play against Viktor Troicki and IMO this game will all be about on how well Andy did recovered from the ankle injury. Troicki is not a great claycourter, he never was, he defeated Dolgopolov, but speaking about that game I just have to mentionate that the ukrainean player has played with so many errors, he has been just so unstable on the court. Troicki don't possess the qualities to beat Andy's defence and he also can't compete against Andy even from the defence point of view. Murray should be all in control for this game. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis - The French Open Sport Tennis Event Petkovic vs. Kirilenko Selection Kirilenko Strength 10/10 Date 30/05/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.45 Reasoning Well, I have written two previews in the past, both against Andrea Petkovic when she was playing against Maria Kirilenko and it will make no sense if I won't go against her today too. Andrea Petkovic is a great player and there can't be any doubts about that, lets take a look to the form of the moment of these two players. Well, Kirilenko has started so well this Grand Slam, much much better than she was playing before French Open. On the other hand Petkovic has played three games so fat and have to mentionate that in all three games she did had difficult tasks against players not so dangerous. The difference in class between these two players is not meaningful at all, so Kirilenko being in a better form at the moment could be the winner. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis - The French Open Haha my god kvitova is pooorr. She cant even run for gods sake never wasting a penny on her again silly me How she beats top ten i dont know. How do the women get paid same as men for only best of three sets!?!? Oh yea their so crap they end up playing 3 sets like fed or murray or djo! Cant close out shit. So stressful watching the women.. except azarenka

There's a lot of tennis to be played in that match though, Chela could easily bagel Falla in this set. Kvitova v Li - 6-2, 1-6. Women's tennis - I never learn :\
Me neither! I said all the womens will be 2-1 but after first set i thought guaranteed kvitova then Li decided to use her brain n get her running..dumb biaches!

Me neither! I said all the womens will be 2-1 but after first set i thought guaranteed kvitova then Li decided to use her brain n get her running..dumb biaches!
It's horrendous. Kvitova was 3-0 up there in the final set and it's now 3-3. I wouldn't like to pick a winner but it's depressing how swingy the matches are. *I obviously wouldn't be saying this if I had Li Na +2.5 rather than Kvitova -2.5 :lol

It's horrendous. Kvitova was 3-0 up there in the final set and it's now 3-3. I wouldn't like to pick a winner but it's depressing how swingy the matches are. *I obviously wouldn't be saying this if I had Li Na +2.5 rather than Kvitova -2.5 :lol
Haha mate im like 200 down! Get bit back after Li went up to 7/1 for the win but still majorly annoying the women games. Thought was onto a bloody good thing after first set. Oh well Only person to trust is azarenka :)

Haha mate im like 200 down! Get bit back after Li went up to 7/1 for the win but still majorly annoying the women games. Thought was onto a bloody good thing after first set. Oh well Only person to trust is azarenka :)
Hahaha, just wait until she retires after winning the first set like she has done two weeks ago against Sharapova, or against Goerges five weeks ago (and that was her FIRST match in the tournament). With Azarenka, examples are many ;)

Reports suggest that Murray is really struggling with his movement. Think it means backing Troicki at a bookmaker that pays out on retirements is a must.
betfair do if troicki wins the first set .. if murray wins first set then he retires they pay out on a murray win but they said rain is predicted at 6 so murray might get days extra rest. is this troicki much better than berrer then??