UEFA Champions League > Manchester Utd v Schalke > Weds 4 May

Re: UEFA Champions League > Manchester Utd v Shalke > Weds 4 May With Taggart stating that he'll make a lot of changes for this one, what with them doing their best to mess up winning the league, I wonder if Schalke may be worth some kind of play. They can't be as bad as they were in the first leg, and if they get ahead, things could be a little tricky. Schalke are actually 3.75 to score first, which doesn't look entirely awful.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Manchester Utd v Schalke > Weds 4 May Man United HT/FT @evens (b365) looks good. They were leading most of the time HT at Old Trafford this season, and if they could lead vs Chelsea, they can vs Schalke. With the 1st leg fcked up, they have no choice but try and score at least a couple of goals, so closing the game to avoid taking goals would be pointless. Guests will have to take risks, and United will certainly have a lot of chances. Small to medium stakes.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Manchester Utd v Schalke > Weds 4 May Sir Alex Ferguson has already confirmed that he will field up a changed squad,many players will be rested such as Rooney and Hernandez.Berbatov,Owen and Scholed will start but he said:"We'll need to do that but I will probably keep my experienced players at the back." Maybe he brings Smalling for Ferdinand, but that's it. It's hard to predict the outcome.Actually this clash will be over 2,5 with Schalke who has to put their defense aside to find the net and with Berbatov and Owen up front who want to show what they are capable of.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Manchester Utd v Schalke > Weds 4 May

Man United HT/FT @evens (b365) looks good. They were leading most of the time HT at Old Trafford this season, and if they could lead vs Chelsea, they can vs Schalke. With the 1st leg fcked up, they have no choice but try and score at least a couple of goals, so closing the game to avoid taking goals would be pointless. Guests will have to take risks, and United will certainly have a lot of chances. Small to medium stakes.
OK: Schalke was really bad in first leg. After their amazing quarter final win on Inter there was too much pressure on ther shoulders. This week, i am sure, you will see a different schalke. I think they will score in first half, ManU too. Then Schalke is taking to much risk and ManU score two more goals. My bets: Over 2,5 ManU HCP First team to score: Schalke

This week' date=' i am sure, you will see a different schalke. [/quote'] You will se different MU but not Shalke.Shalke are just sh*t and lucky to be here ;)

You will se different MU but not Shalke.Shalke are just sh*t and lucky to be here ;)
:lol Its a shame Schalke could not keep it down to 0-0 or 0-1 in the first leg as I would happily have gone heavy on a United handicap if they were taking this game ultra seriously and playing a first choice side, this is obviously not going to be the case though and I wouldn't back a United side with Owen and Berbs starting, if this is indeed going to be the case. The Chelsea game is the priority for United now, somehow they have almost managed to blow their Premiership lead which is staggering considering how bad Chelsea have been for most of the season, this is the case though and as always the league is the priority. This tie should be sewn up though, I don't think any of us expected Schalke to be as poor as they were at home, they were destroyed and United had a harder game at home to non-league Crawley in the third round of the FA Cup. Schalke will be better in this game as it is impossible for them to be worse, United will be fielding a weaker team though and given how poorly they have played with weakened sides this season when Ferguson has tried it I don't think there is much value on the home win currently but I would wait for the team line-up before totally deciding on that. Schalke got tonked at the weekend and there is little to no argument for them getting anything at a ground where United have been so dominant this season, would prob go for a straight United win depending on team news.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Manchester Utd v Schalke > Weds 4 May If Nani and Valencia start then I'll be all over the corner betting.Man U are 8/13 with WH to get the most corners and 1/1 with Bet364(+1) -1.5AH corners.In the first game,which was the away leg for the boys in red,they won the corner count 6-3. Maybe a different Schalke will turn up for the 2nd leg but all I have to go on for the moment is the game in Germany.They were by far the inferior team and United got 55% of the ball.This was big for an away team in Europe and they should at least have that much possession tomorrow night.As I said if Valencia and Nani start then I can see United winning the corner battle again.Whether or not they can cover the handicap remains to be seen.......

This is semi-finals of CL' date=' Ferguson in his right mind cannot send 2nd and 3rd subs as though it were the Community Shield.[/quote'] No, don't get me wrong he won't be sending out reserves but he seems to be saying he will be resting a few players with the weekend in mind, wouldn't you? He will get untold stick if they throw away the Premiership after leading it for so long (don't think they will personally). I think Rooney and Hernandez will be rested and Fergie as confirmed as much, midfield will be rotated but United have quite a few players of similar ability there, defence won't be changed much I wouldn't have thought, maybe Smalling for Ferdinand. Its a small risk overall.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Manchester Utd v Schalke > Weds 4 May Sure, his best squad won't be playing for 90min, but I'm sure his line-up will be strong enough to beat Schalke at Old Trafford. My point is that I don't think Ferguson will make changes that significantly reduce his chances of winning tonight.

:lol Its a shame Schalke could not keep it down to 0-0 or 0-1 in the first leg as I would happily have gone heavy on a United handicap if they were taking this game ultra seriously and playing a first choice side, this is obviously not going to be the case though and I wouldn't back a United side with Owen and Berbs starting, if this is indeed going to be the case. The Chelsea game is the priority for United now, somehow they have almost managed to blow their Premiership lead which is staggering considering how bad Chelsea have been for most of the season, this is the case though and as always the league is the priority. This tie should be sewn up though, I don't think any of us expected Schalke to be as poor as they were at home, they were destroyed and United had a harder game at home to non-league Crawley in the third round of the FA Cup. Schalke will be better in this game as it is impossible for them to be worse, United will be fielding a weaker team though and given how poorly they have played with weakened sides this season when Ferguson has tried it I don't think there is much value on the home win currently but I would wait for the team line-up before totally deciding on that. Schalke got tonked at the weekend and there is little to no argument for them getting anything at a ground where United have been so dominant this season, would prob go for a straight United win depending on team news.
I didn't say MU will win easy.Draw is good enough for them as far as they don't get any injuries b4 Chelsea game.What i ment in my comment is:Shalke is sh*t anyway but MU will be a bit weaker as Fergie will rest some players.So all willd epend on how MU will aprouch this game. So it's not Shalke who will decide the final outcome but MU.

Sure' date=' his best squad won't be playing for 90min, but I'm sure his line-up will be strong enough to beat Schalke at Old Trafford. My point is that I don't think Ferguson will make changes that significantly reduce his chances of winning tonight.[/quote'] I think we're agreeing! :tongue2..Giggs, Rooney and Hernandez at least will be rested and the midfield rotated, I would personally wait for the sides before betting and even then maybe a corner bet is best as luckoftheirish suggests, I still don't really trust United and would rather back Barca tonight than United on Wed to be honest.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Manchester Utd v Schalke > Weds 4 May Yeah, I don't like it when United say they are making changes. I still remember the Besiktas game, and I'm sure there are others. I think they'll be happy with the draw that sees them through tbh. At the end of the day they don't need to win, and I personally wouldn't get too carried away with how poor Shalke were in the first leg. They were after all playing a very very experienced CL side, and a United side who have been immense so far this season, conceding zero goals away from home. I'm talking about the CL here before I get someone telling me about how poor they've been away from home in the league.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Manchester Utd v Schalke > Weds 4 May I can't help seeing Schalke attacking to score their away goals, and even if they start cautiously at first, time plays against them and sooner or later they will have to take some risks ie. leave open spaces, and subs like Berbatov are talented enough to take advantage of them after a while, unless he is having a bad day. It is also doubtful whether Schalke can really defend efficiently vs a side like Man United, considering the guests' backline isn't world class, in my opinion. Anyway I'm not with huge stakes here, I can afford to be wrong.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Manchester Utd v Schalke > Weds 4 May Berbatov and Owen upfront? I don't think I'll go in seriously on this one, as Berbatov can be magnificent one game and crap the next and I don't rate Owen nowadays. Will wait for the starting lineups.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Manchester Utd v Schalke > Weds 4 May "Sir" Alex has said (I believe) that Paul Scholes will start this match so I'm going for him to be shown a card @2.7 on Unibet. The same bet is 1.91 on skybet so the odds look tasty. The guy is a walking booking and has received on average about 0.6 cards per game this season. The only thing that puts me off is the manner of his dismissal in his last game may make him more cautious but his style hasn't really changed in 15 years. As Wenger says - there is a dark side to Paul Scholes.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Manchester Utd v Schalke > Weds 4 May I think Scholes is worth it to be backed.He can play as he wants to and a yellow card would't mean anything.He wouldn't be suspended for the final. Another man that is worth it to be backed is Metzelder.He is so slowly.He had to foul Rooney to avoid a goal in the first leg.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Manchester Utd v Schalke > Weds 4 May I'm not sure about this. Man Utd letting rest some key players.. Perhaps under 2.5 scored? On the other hand, how good will their defense be? If they concede they'll want to score... no idea yet. Perhaps I'll go for Berbatov to score but more for fun

Sir Alex Ferguson has already confirmed that he will field up a changed squad,many players will be rested such as Rooney and Hernandez.Berbatov,Owen and Scholed will start but he said:"We'll need to do that but I will probably keep my experienced players at the back." Maybe he brings Smalling for Ferdinand, but that's it. It's hard to predict the outcome.Actually this clash will be over 2,5 with Schalke who has to put their defense aside to find the net and with Berbatov and Owen up front who want to show what they are capable of.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13269092.stm

Re: UEFA Champions League > Manchester Utd v Schalke > Weds 4 May Man Utd v Schalke 04 Total Man Utd Cards - 2 to 3 @ 9/5 (William Hill) 5 pts Total Man Utd Cards - Over 3 @ 7/1 (William Hill) 2 pts Can't believe the odds for these. Scholes is likely to play and Ferguson should still keep a strong back line - the likes of Vidic etc. Scholes has received 9 yellow cards this season and Vidic has received 8! There are no implications if Scholes receives a yellow card here - he won't miss the final. If Schalke even score a single goal, the nerves will creep in regardless of what score Man Utd get. I'm going for a decent bet on 2-3 cards, but the saver will be a smaller bet on over 3 cards for Man Utd @ 7/1. Either way, should be looking at a decent profit here.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Manchester Utd v Schalke > Weds 4 May Under 2.5 @ 1.94 pinnacle Man Utd lead 2-0 from the first leg, and judging bu how confortably they played in the game, doubt that Schalke can reverse this result at Old Trafford. Ferguson has said that he is likley to make some changes with the Chelsea game in mind for the weekend, but the changes are likely to be in midfield and forwards, as he tends to keep his backline as it is, with Vidic or Ferdinand, and not both, being rested. Schalke will look to their keeper Neuer to once again keep them in the game, and can see them still being tested by Man Utd but with the likely absence of Rooney, Giggs and few others, it takes away their main attacking threats. Schalke did not show enough in the first leg to suggest that they will breach this Man Utd defence, so doubt that they will score here

Re: UEFA Champions League > Manchester Utd v Schalke > Weds 4 May As you know, it was me who backed Schalke in the first leg. I knew I can't put too much faith in this German team but on the other hand, I was hoping that United will play their usual football on the road and we'll get an even match more or less. It was never going to happen, though. Schalke have played unexpectedly bad while United have played unexpectedly well. It was, maybe their best road perfomance of the season and of course, probably, it wouldn't have happened if not Schalke defenders "inviting" them to score. I have to say that I can't remember when was the last time I've assisted to such poor defending, especially in the Champions League semi-finals. United could have easily won by five goals and would have been a fair result. What do we expect in this return leg? Well, taking into account that United have been really strong at home while Schalke not a force on the road (despite their success), it only points out to a home win. However, Sir Alex will make rotations, and on the top of that, I know him too well to take United with this spread. They will play to get through not to thrash the German side, although, it might happen if the chances occur. What do I like is the over. Even if United make some changes, even if Rooney and Hernandez don't play, they can still score. Berbatov will play up front and I have big respect for him this season. In the midfield, we still have Nani and Valencia who can always create danger. But the best part is, Schalke need a 2-0 win at least to have a chance. It is likely that not even Schalke players believe they can get through, but they are not allowed to give it up. They will play their slim chance and the only way they could do it, is to play pushy right from the start and throw up many players. United, on the other hand, always score many goals when they don't need to. They love to do counters, and with every Schalke attack, they will have a chance to score on the break. According to media, Owen will partner Berbatov up-front. I agree, he's not what he used to be, but he will be interested to prove that he can still do it, and he won't get a better chance if not against a poor defence, and when the pressure is off. Another good thing is, high-rated Van der Sar will be replaced by Kuszczak. So all in all, I expect both teams to create good chances and while I don't trust United to beat the spread despite their superiority, I do believe we will see some goals scored no matter how well does Neuer play tonight. Manchester United v Schalke over 2.5 @ 2.03 Sbobet

Re: UEFA Champions League > Manchester Utd v Schalke > Weds 4 May United has conceded at least one goal in their last 3 UCL games at Old Trafford against Valencia, Marseille and Chelsea. Schalke scored 5 at Milan and I don't see why they cannot score 2 here, not against a top first 11. Manchester will have to face a very difficult German team today, and I don't think that the qualification is already decided as Ferguson thought. Both to score @ 2.00 (7/10) Home team cards >1.5 @ 2.25 (6/10), bet365

Re: UEFA Champions League > Manchester Utd v Schalke > Weds 4 May UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 25-23-5 -097 units (52.08%) Schalke +1 (-119) to win 1 unit @ 5dimes I could see this score coming out like yesterday's game. I expect Man U wont push the pace too much and just try to get Schalke from scoring. I think there is a good chance this ends a draw.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Manchester Utd v Schalke > Weds 4 May I think there are 3 possible results for today and I will put 1 unit on each bet: 1-0 7,00 bwin 2-0 7,00 bwin 2-1 8,75 bwin United want to make everything clear and then take pace out of the match to keep their power to make sure that they are 100% fit for Sunday's decisive championship match.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Manchester Utd v Schalke > Weds 4 May Manchester (4-4-1-1): Van der Saar - Rafael, Smolingk, Evans, O-Chi - Anderson, Gibson, Scholes - Valencia, Berbatov, Nani. Schalke "(4-2-3-1): Noier - Outsinta, Cheventes, Metselnter, Eskoudero - Papadopoulos, Chourado - Farfan, Baoumgiochan, Ntraxler - Raul.

Manchester (4-4-1-1): Van der Saar - Rafael, Smolingk, Evans, O-Chi - Anderson, Gibson, Scholes - Valencia, Berbatov, Nani.
Man United side looks very weak. Has Fergie underestimated Schalke? I think the Germans might take the lead here and then the big guns will come on and save the day. Worth a cheeky punt anyway. Man United to come from behind and win or draw 5.00 on William Hill

i find value on AH +1 @ 1,885 for Shalke (Pinnacle) MU without Rooney is not the same team, and i cannot see why to push themselves with 2-0 lead
Yeah, price looks good; it depends on how Schalke's defence will perform tonight, compared to 1st leg.