Summer Racing 2011

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Summer Racing 2011 510 Cart: Desoliat 1pt (15/2 VCBet) 250 Cart: Cool Touch 2.4pts (7/4 Betfred) Fancy a couple of Nigel Twiston Davies horses today on their long trip to Cartmel, Cool Touch made a very promising chase debut last week when second to Black jack Blues, he jumped well out in front and this trcak should suit his style of running. The danger is Dunowen Point who makes his debut and maybe this is the time to take him on. Desolait ran in a competative Perth hurdle last time and did well to plug on for fourth, goes up in trip again and thats what she needs, a good test of stamina. Dropped 2lbs for that defeat and races off 98 which is fair enough.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 A second and a fifth yesteday. ____________________________ 805 Pontefract: Aussie Blue 1.2pt EW (16/1 WH) 350 Nottingham: Sir George 1pt Win (8/1 WH) Dont really fancy anything today but a tentative vote goes to Aussie Blue in the mile handicap at Ponte, he's won over C/D twice and has dropped to a low mark of just 59, he has won off higher and last time ran better than his finishing position states at a trip too short, he could just bounce back here and worth a small EW bet. At Nottingham Sir George looks well treated and the stable are flying at the moment, its not a great race and chance is taken on him coming back to form today.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 805 Pontefract: Aussie Blue 3rd 350 Nottingham: Sir George lost _________________________________ 315 MR: Zakatal 1.20pts EW (9/1 WH) 205 MR: Street Entertainer 1pt (6/1 Betfred) Been waiting to see what the weather has done to the ground at MRasen before making any selections and many of my original fancies may now be unsuited by the softer conditions, one who wont mind it is Zakatal, he finally came good last time and is well handicapped if he can now progress from that, he won very easily that day and should go close. Taking a chance with Street Entertainer as he acts on better ground than this but his class clould see him through, won at Punchestown last time and is on the upgrade over hurdles, the Pipe/McCoy combo usually hit their targets and hopefully he can cope with the soft ground.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 Full round up later, in a rush this morning! 325 NA: Dorabelle 2pts (9/2 Bet365) 350 Str: Bon Spiel 1.2pts (5/1 WH) Donald McCain sends Dorabelle down to Newton Abbot today and she loks to have a solid chance in this company, she ran a good race when fourth last time in a decent race behind Ixora at Ffos Las. Up in trip which will suit and should be prominent throughout. Bon Spiel has been running well and may finally get his head in front at Stratford today, two good thirds lately shows he's in top form and hasnt gone up in weights either so must start taking his chances in this grade. __________________

Re: Summer Racing 2011 830 Beverley: Commander Veejay 1pt (20/1 WH) 830 Beverley: Market Maker 2pts (3/1 Bet365) 3yo staying handicap and none of them have been this far on the level, Tim Easteby's Market Maker is fav and he has been hurdling lately so has the stamina it would seem. The one at the bottom Commander Veejay looks well weighted, he was third last time at Pontefract and seems to be improving with every step up in trip so at 20/1 looks the value bet, going for the win bet as I cant see why he's twice the price of some of these in opposition?

Re: Summer Racing 2011 No luck yesterday, back with the jumps today as the 2 mile race at Southwell is very poor and no value in the race at all. 840 Bangor: Rawaaj 3pts (4/1 Corals/Boyles) Conditional jockeys race and the useful Henry Brooke takes the ride on Rawaaj for Donald McCain. He ran poorly at Towcester when last seen over hurdles but he can be forgiven for that as some horses just dont suit that track, it was also quite firm that day. Been chasing since withoiut success and then ran on the level at Carlisle last week and was a good third. That should have put him spot on for this which is a stiff task off top weight but just think the race will be run to suit and the main danger With Grace has been raised 6lbs for a win in a poor race at Uttoxeter.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 840 Bangor: Rawaaj Lost ___________________________ 850 Sandown: Mohanad 1pt (13/2 VCBet) 220 Worcester: Heir To Be 1pt EW (8/1 Bet365) The staying handicap tonight at Sandown looks pretty competative and I think Sheena West's Mohanad can go close with Harry Bentley in the saddle. Won at Kempton in April and then was beaten by Spice Fair at Goodwood, has a weight pull with that rival and the softish ground wont inconvenience him yet it may not be so suitable for some of the opposition. At Worcester the first race looks a minefield but in fact only two or three have a realistic chance, Midnight Fun is the hot fav on the back of his two recent wins, he's in top form and should go well again, one to take him on with is Heir To Be, has been a right monkey in his time but you have to catch him when he's in the mood and last time he he was well backed and ran very well to be second and today could be the time to catch him in this weak race.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 850 Sandown: Mohanad 3rd 220 Worcester: Heir To Be 4th _______________________________ 245 Sandown: Hollow Tree 2pt (13/2 Bet365) 245 Sandown: Gottany Os 1pt (9/1 Betfred) 1m6f handicap on soft ground and like the look of Baldings Hollow Tree who has a 6lbs penalty for winning well last time but is still a pound better off than he will be in future races. Changed tactics last time by leading and with no obvious pace in the race he could have it all his own way up front. Definite stayer which you cant say about some of these and has ran ok on soft ground, again which may unsuit some of the opposition. 13/2 is a fair price. Gottany Os from the Channon yard likes the ground and is improving, he looks a big price at 9/1 in this tight race and worth a saver.

245 Sandown: Hollow Tree Won 245 Sandown: Gottany Os lost Round up later ______________________________________ 855 Chepstow: Picot De Say 2.5pts (3/1 Bet365) 355 Ascot: Dayia 0.50pts (12/1 WH) At Chepstow we have staying handicap with a moderate animals and most pretty exposed so we shouldnt have many surprises lurking down the field here. The two to concentrate on are Picot De Say and Vertueux both C/D winners and will go on the ground. I much prefer the former as he showed good form last time and the stable are going well enough. Vertueux was poor last time and hasnt showed much since winning this last year. At Ascot another 2 mile handicap and the well treated Keys and Colour Vision look the most progressive in the field but a chance is taken with Daiya and Keiren Fallon, she acts on the track, likes give in the ground and was going well at this distance last time, she could surprise one or two and the price is worth the risk.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 615 Lingfield: Mohanad 2pts (5/2 WH) 445 York: Hawk Mountain 1pt (11/2 Bet365) Two staying races of interest today, I'm giving Mohanad another chance at Lingers tonight, he ran with credit at Sandown the other day and this extra trip should help, he wont mind the ground and the only danger appears to be the one at the bottom trained by Michael Bell, worth a go at taking him on at the prices. I like Hawk Mountains chance at York, he was just beaten by Bollin Judith here last time but I think he's an improver and should get revenge today, i'm sure he will be ridden more handy and deliver his challenge a bit earlier this time.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 630 Uttoxeter: Fashionable Gal 2.5pts(2/1 Boyles) 630 Uttoxeter: Titch Strider 0.5pts (11/1 Stan James) Nice looking mares hurdle at Uttoxeter and fancy Fashionable Gal to get revenge over Maid Of Silk who won the race when the selction fell at the last when leading. Some judges reckon Maid Of Silk would have won anyway, I'm of the opinion it would have been close but Fashionable Gal gets the 2lb age allowance here and she has won on the flat since so is showing improved form, I think she can defy her penalty and win this. 2/1 is about right although I half expected her to be 6/4. The opposition looks pretty weak but Titch Strider if anything could be the surprise package and worth a small saver bet. __________________

Re: Summer Racing 2011 630 Uttoxeter: Fashionable Gal 2nd 630 Uttoxeter: Titch Strider Lost _________________________________ Poor jump racing today so i'm looking at a handicap at Beverley where Kyle Of Bute runs off a similar mark to last week, he goes well for this rider and she has won on him in the past which counts for a lot, he has also won on the track and looks sure to run his usual soild race. At 5/1 its an EW bet to nothing and with the opposition being quite exposed he could easily win this if in the right frame of mind. 535 Bev: Kyle Of Bute 1.50pts EW (5/1 PP)

Re: Summer Racing 2011 The big staying race today is the opener at Goodwood, Tim Vaughan runs the useful hurdler Spirit Of Adjisa, he improved no end last season and if he can do the same on the flat then he is well in here on a mark of just 84. He should stay ok and he has booked Ryan Moore to do the steering. Of the others I like Mark Johnston's Exemplary, he has won over two miles and should get this extra distance, I have a feeling he might try and dictate the pace and De Sousa is the perfect jockey for that around here. 200 Good: Spirit Of Adjisa 2pts (5/1 Bet365) 200 Good: Exemplary 1pt (18/1 VCBet)

Re: Summer Racing 2011 200 Good: Spirit Of Adjisa Lost 200 Good: Exemplary 3rd ___________________________ 505 Stratford: Royal Max 1.5pt (5/2 Bet365) 505 Stratford: Rio Gael 1.5pt (5/1 Bet365) The staying races at Ffos and Notts are real moderate affairs and the Goodwood Cup is wide open this year so having a look at the Novice Chase at Stratford which looks a nice little contest. Royal Max could run away with this if he takes to the fences, he's a trail blazer and likes tracks such as Straford with its tight turns, I could esily see him winning this by a long way if he gets into a rhythm. I reckon Rio Gael is overpriced, he refused to race last time which is a problem but that was the first time he had done it so i'm giving him a chance to put that right. He has some very good form in the book and has experience on his side, if he gets off on terms he will be the favourites biggest danger.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 505 Stratford: Royal Max Lost 505 Stratford: Rio Gael Lost ______________________________ Just the one staying race on offer today and with nothing at Bangor that catches the eye the 645 at Bath is the one to look at. Just 5 runners over 2m1f and favourite Lastroseofsummer tries to follow up her win at Warwick last time. She looks bound to get a soft lead with the other three being hold up horses and only Rosewood Lad looks to be in any sort of form. The selection runs off a career high mark but in this comapny should get away with it. Expect her to dictate from the front and hold off any late challengers. 645 Bath: Lastroseofsummer 3pts (5/4 Bet365)

Re: Summer Racing 2011 645 Bath: Lastroseofsummer Won ______________________________ 235 Good: Harlestone Times 1.5pts (5/1 Bet365) 235 Good: Activate 1.5pts (8/1 Bet365) Terrific staying handicap at Goodwood today and like Dunlops Harletsone Times who didnt stay in the Northumberland Plate. Before that he looked a nice progressive sort winning at this track which is a bonus, should be better suited to this trip and expect a big run. I saw Activate win at Haydock in good style and he was well fancied for the Plate at Newcastle but was poorly drawn and the rider had no sort of run and was unable to hunt up the leaders like he does. He also prefers this ground and we can ignore that performance. If he does bounce back he has a chance in this race and Jamie Spencer the winning rider at Haydock is back in the saddle.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 235 Good: Harlestone Times Lost 235 Good: Activate Fell _________________________ Poor racing today at Market Rasen but Rangefinder should get off the mark over hurdles in the 2m5f event at 3.05. He is rated in the 80's on the level so should be making his mark in this type of race. Ran well on hurdles debut and then was caught flat footed at Uttoxeter, that was a much better race than this and the extra distance will help also. 3.05 MRasen: Rangefinder 3pts (11/10 Bet365)

Re: Summer Racing 2011 315 Ripon: Jonny Lesters Hair 2pts (11/4 Betfred) 725 Car: Bandanaman 1pt (8/1 William Hill) The only staying race of the day and its up at Carlisle at 7.25 which takes some getting, Bandanaman is a reliable sort who was fourth over C/D last time behind the fav Neptune Equester, he takes some pushing and not sure if the jockey will get the best out of that one tonight so he may be worth opposing. Swinbank the trainer of the selection is in much better form now thatn last month so I expect Bandananman to finish closer anyway, I reckon these will be strung out like monday mornings washing with a furlong to go and just hope Miss L.Alexander is not amongst them!, seriously though she's a decent rider and has plenty of rides lately for some good trainers. At Ripon Jonny Lesters Hair carries a 6lb penalty for winning last week at Beverley, he won well that day and looks up to defying it in this mood. He's been rated higher than this in the past so the weight shouldnt be a problem in this company.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 330 Catterick: Cat O' Nine Tails 3pts (7/4 Corals) 4 staying races today such is the great race planning in this country and a couple of them are very weak races. I like the make up of the Catterick 3.30, only 5 runners and most of them seem to want further than this 1m6f. This could play into the hands of Mark Johnston's runner especially on this track. No certain front runner to push the pace and the selection could be too quick and steal this race.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 330 Catterick: Cat O' Nine Tails Lost Ran no sort of race?? _____________________________ 420 New: Body Language 2pts 100/30 Boyles 420 New: Finellas Fortune 1pt 8/1 Bet365 Best staying race of the day is up at Newcastle, still calling the ground good which will suit the selection as he hanst ran on anything firmer before and that would have been a question mark. Anyway he was caught last time after making his way home at Beverley over 2 miles, this step down in trip could be the answer in what looks like a race with no pace in it, his turn of foot could catch these out. I rate the danger as Finellas Fortune, he was a disappointing fav at Redcar after showing some fair form and ran well last time at Carlisle, 8/1 is a bit big for that one.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 420 New: Body Language Lost 420 New: Finellas Fortune 2nd 14/1 __________________________ 710 Folkestone: Anjomarba 3pts (6/4 Bet365) Looking at the Ratings in more detail and this is the only race of the day where a selection is the overall top rated from a previous performance plus ran best of the field in thier most recent run. Anjomarba likes the track and won 3 runs back here, last time was second and the winner has won since, looks solid enough in this company.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 710 Folkestone: Anjomarba Won ____________________________ 5.00 Brighton: Ishikawa 3pts (100/30 Stan James) Same formula as yesterday, Ishikawa earned the best rating of these when winning at Wolverhampton over 9f the time before last. The most recent run was a third at Lingfield on the turf but is the best effort in this field. Favourite Snowy has yet to run on turf and also has been well fancied three times now and still hasnt delivered the goods. The soft ground should be ok for the selection as he's been kept away from firm ground and was staying on last time so has the stamina to cope with it.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 5.00 Brighton: Ishikawa lost _______________________ I have three 'system' horses running today so will split the stakes on them, my best bet is Tillitudlem as its the most exposed form of them all but will follow the other two as they look to have solid chances. 810 Ayr: Tillitudlem 1pt 100/30 Boyles 245 Hay: Sajjhaa 1pt 4/1 Bet365 300 Asc: Averroes 1pt 6/1 Bet365

Re: Summer Racing 2011 810 Ayr: Tillitudlem NR 245 Hay: Sajjhaa Lost 300 Asc: Averroes Won 6/1 _______________________________ Not much time today, two qualifiers both running at Windsor; 200 Win: Daneside 1.5pts (11/2 Betfred) 330 Win: Mauritino 1.5pts (5/2 Bet365) Round up later:ok