** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Summer Racing 2011

Re: Summer Racing 2011 725 New: Ancient Cross WON 315 MR: Points Of View WON A good day at the office for a change, need to kick on now! New Stake:3.65 _______________________________ Typically difficult racing on a Saturday and i'm looking at Newcastle for todays selection. I like Regal Prade very much in the opener but the price is now around Evens and not very good value. Activate is the one I like in the Northumberland Plate, has a poor draw but is very progressive and think he will find his way through the pack and get into a challeneging position by the time they turn for home. Overturn is sure to make it a test and get them strung out which may make it easier for those at the back to get through and at 7/1 is an EW bet with value. 305 New: Activate 1.82pts EW 7/1 (William Hill)

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Summer Racing 2011 Good racing today at Uttoxeter, the summer national taking centre stage, it's a tricky old handicap and I like one or two of them and Dom D'Orgeval looks like he will go very close. One of the maiden hurdles has caught my eye especially now the ground has dried out overnight. In the 2.45 Franklino of Alan King's horse looks to have a solid chance after some disappointing runs. He should have won by now and has ran ok on more than one occasion, he wears blinkers today for the first time and I think he has been needing these, he will like the ground and the stable had a winner the other day. The main dangers may want a bit of cut to show their best so I reckon at 7/2 he could be a bit of value today. 245 Utt: Franklino 2.65pts 7/2 Bet365 420 Utt: Dom D'Orgeval 1pt 13/2 WHill

Re: Summer Racing 2011 245 Utt: Franklino 2nd 420 Utt: Dom D'Orgeval lost _____________________________ Not the best racing i've seen but it is monday I suppose, anyway I quite like these amatuer races and the one at Musselburgh looks good for Brian Ellison and Westlin Winds, he was second last time to Dechiper who he meets on better terms and has the best amatuer in the race riding him in Simon Walker, he's a fair judge on pace which will be crucial around this sharp track and should have to much for this company. Los Nadis won it last year but he'e been running a bit flat but does like this place so could be the danger. 6.55 Muss: Westlin Winds 3pts 7/4 Betfred 6.55 Muss: Los Nadis 0.65pts 6/1 VCBet

Re: Summer Racing 2011 810 Stratford: Rampant Ronnie 2.46pts (6/1 Boyles) 810 Stratford: Pipers Song 1pt (4/1 Laddies) Been watching this one and the last twice he has shown more like his old form since he came back from injury. His run last time was a fair effort behind Brunston and this track will suit his front running style, has hasnt been raised for his last run and can win off this mark of 105. He's an EW bet to nothing in my book but will go for the win in the hope that fav Pipers Song doesnt repeat his comeback run which was promising, if he does he's a big danger.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 810 Stratford: Rampant Ronnie lost 810 Stratford: Pipers Song WON New Stake 3.50pts _________________________________ Nothing really to get stuck into today but a couple I like at backable prices at Worcester. The first is in the seller, Le Corvee has done nothing wrong and although on first looks his double penalty seems tough to carry the race is actually full of dead wood and only a handful have a chance. At the price he looks fair value although did run poorly on the flat last time which may be a concern. The fav Denton Ryal also has a penalty for winning a poor contest last time and looks the danger. In the 3.10 the handicap chase Andy Turnells Sablazo looks like he could be well in at the weights, he didnt set any records over hurdles although one run wasnt too bad and then was backed on his chase debut here last time and ran well to finish second without getting too close to the winner, he was patiently ridden that day and I expect him to improve on that and this race is a weak affair. 310 Wor: Sablazo 2.5pts (5/1 WHill) 340 Wor: Le Corvee 1pt (13/2 VCBet)

Re: Summer Racing 2011 Not got much time today, so have to be breif. Having a go at the 450 at Perth and taking on the hot fav from the Elliott yard. Dark Energy runs for Michael Scudamore, he often runs at Perth and tries the extra trip, question mark about him properly staying but its their only runner and has a chance on recent form. Desolait is the other one that could run well, he won last time and stayed on really well and may be improving enough to defy his mark of 100. The stable do well here and should go close. 450 Perth: Dark Energy 2pts (8/1 WHill) 450 Perth: Desolait 1.50pts (6/1 WHill)

Re: Summer Racing 2011 450 Perth: Dark Energy 3rd 450 Perth: Desolait lost Fav won the race well to be fair. ____________________________ 515 Doncaster: Buddy Holly 2pts (7/2 Boyles) 525 Warwick: Ishismart 1.50pts (4/1 Bet365) Buddy Holly improved has a hurdler last season and dropped to a nice mark on the level after his form tailed off, he came back to form and won last time out at Kempton and now could go on and win one or two now stepped back up to a mile and a half. The race looks pretty weak and 7/2 is fair price for his chances. Darryl Holland keeps the ride who won on him the other day. Reg Hollinshead runs Ishismart in an apprentice race at Warwick and it looks a poor contest, he came back after a lay off and ran well at Leicester recently finishing a good second to Magnitude, only put up a pound for that run and as long he doesnt bounce should be thereabouts.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 515 Doncaster: Buddy Holly 3rd 525 Warwick: Ishismart lost ____________________________________ 830 Carlisle: Bandanaman 1.75 pts EW (8/1 Bet365) Like these staying races on the flat and this handicap at Carlisle has the usual suspects lining up. I think we have some doubys about the front two in the market and are worth taking on tonight. Neptune Equester is a real stayer but has ran twice in the flat lately and this chaser hasnt got close, should do better in a handicap but still remains a major doubt for me. Word Of Warning has been a bridle horse over hurdles and on the level and i'm not sure he stays this far on the flat, he plugged on last time but this 2m1f trip is not ideal and didnt get involved in this race last year. Bandanaman was 2nd in 2010 staying on well but couldnt reach the winner, he's on the same mark now and has ran three times this season, he ran a bit flat last time but that was a bit quick after his race before and has now been given a few weeks off, he does well when fresh and I expect him to go close in this company.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 Update later, in a mad rush; 230 MR: Gunslinger 2pts (6/1 Bet365) 400 MR: Sunsetten 1.5pts (85/40 VCBet) I like the way the Michael Scudamore team have been running just lately and Gunslinger won on the flat last time, unexposed over hurdles and should like this ground compared to the soft he encountered the last time he ran over timber. The race isnt that great and could be well in here. Sunsetten appears to have the quirky Pistolet Noir to beat in the novice chase, has the ability but cant be relied upon so the Henry Daly horse can gain compensation for his last fence blunder here last time.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 245 Newton Abbot: Karasenir 4.15pts (6/5 Hills) Tricky jump card today and the best bet looks to be Philip Hobbs horse Karasenir in the novice chase. Thought this would be odds on when i first looked at the race yesterday so surprised to see the market this morning. Miles better than any of these over hurdles and the danger appears to be Strong Soul, interesting to hear AP's verdict on that one before he ran last time, he said he wouldnt be riding this horse for anyone else but Rebecca Curtis, he ran ok in the end but i'm not sure he's going to be quick enough on this track to beat the favourite who has a Listed win over hurdles to his name. The Hobbs team won with Liberate last week in a novice chase and expect a similar outcome here.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 245 Newton Abbot: Karasenir 2nd _________________________________ A couple of runners at Uttoxeter tonight may be worth backing as both have shown they are ready to win lately. The first is in the seller at 7.20, Marocchius is a very hard puller and often is held up way out of his ground early on and makes his move in the home straight, he hasnt managed to win yet but this contest is very weak and he looks to have his best chance yet to get off the mark. In the last race I like the Bowen horse Dunbrody House, he hasnt ran over hurdles for a while but is well handicapped over the smaller obstacles having won off this mark before, he fell over fences last time when running a good race and this contest is full of disappointing types and must have a chance off bottom weight. 720 Utt: Marocchius 2pts (3/1 WHill) 920 Utt: Dunbrody House 2.15pts (9/2 WHill)

Re: Summer Racing 2011 720 Utt: Marocchius Lost 920 Utt: Dunbrody House Lost Another poor showing, need to get back to basics! ______________________________ The first race at Catterick looks good for the favourite The Dancing Lord, he's got clearly the best form and the race is full of disappointing types. He's won twice already and has the young jockey taking a handy 7lbs off his back which makes him hard to beat. He's in to be claimed for 12,000 so they are not giving him away. At Worcester tonight Rio Gael takes on Black Jack Blues, the fav won last time but did dive at one or two fences and doesnt look a natural jumper to me. Rio Gael will like this ground better unless it rains and must be worth a small bet at the odds, a good EW bet for those who want one. 220 Catt: The Dancing Lord 3.15pts (8/11 Bet365) 840 Wor: Rio Gael 1pt (5/1 PP)

Re: Summer Racing 2011 120 Newmarket: Census 4.15pts (5/2 Bet365) Cracking race here between three decent colts, Masked Marvel ran 8th in the Derby and got a rating of 109 for his efforts and is best on official figures. Solar Sky was second over 2m at Ascot but has had only 3 runs and looked a bit green when winning at Haydock and may need more cover than he will get today. Census was an eyecatching second to Brown Panther at the Royal meeting and if he had a clear run would have finished much closer, he looks progressive and Ryan Moore takes over from Richard Hughes and he has ridden the horse twice before and should be able to produce him late on and he promises to stay this extra trip and could even improve for it.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 120 Newmarket: Census 2nd Not sure how Census got beat? _____________________________ 310 York: State Opera 3pts (7/1 VCBet) 310 York: Defence Of Duress 1.15pts (6/1 Stan James) Interesting 1m6f handicap at York and like the chances of Mark Johnston's State Opera, have to take a chance on him getting the trip but stayed on well last time over 12f so should get it ok. Possibly will be ridden handy and may even lead from his draw and the 3yo's get a stone weight for age allowance in this race so could be a good opportunity. He was well thought of as a 2yo after he won at Hamilton and has taken time to come to hand and has been crying out for a trip. The danger looks like being the other 3yo Defence Of Duress from the Tom Tate yard.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 Another rubbish day at the office; Just putting this one up early for Saturday in case the price goes; 410 Nm: Tropical Beat 1pt (15/2 Bet365) Backed this one at Royal Ascot and was given an awful ride by Buick, missed the start and cruised home passing beaten horses, would have gone close if he was ridden closer to the pace and hopefully Nicky Mackay will give him a chance here. Its quite competative but must follow this horse especially in a visor for the first time.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 410 Nm: Tropical Beat 1pt (15/2 Bet365) 255 Nm: Fathsta 1pt EW (16/1 Bet365) 205 York: Borderlescott 1.15pts (4/1 Betfred) Tropical Beat was posted last night, now down to 6/1. I like Fathsta in Bunbury Cup, the booking of Silvestre De Sousa looks interesting and he ran well at Ascot and hampered last time when making ground. Borderlescott looks a stand out bet in the Listed race at York, he's a few pounds better than these and hopefully this is not just a warm up for Goodwood.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 330 Stratford: War Party 3.40pts(9/2 Boyles) This is a decent prize and they are going to go like scalded cats from the off with The Jigsaw Man and Sunday City in the line up. I reckon this will play into the hands of War Party who travels well off a strong pace, he made smooth headway last time but didnt stay 2m4f and weakened over the last, this trip is ideal and the trainer is in fine form at the moment.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 330 Stratford: War Party Lost Never got competative? _____________________________ 530 Ayr; Pokfulham 3.4pts 2/1 Bet365 Backed this one at York where he ran well to finish third in a class 4 race behind Odins Raven. That was a decent effort and then was a bit one paced in the finish next time out when second over C/D, the ground was a bit soft that day and he will appreciate the better going here and should get back to winning ways.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 Non Runner earlier and going with one later on at Wolverhampton; 920 Wolver: Lujano 2.4pts (100/30 PP) 920 Wolver: Pie Poudre 1pt (100/30 SBet) Ran well first time back after a break at Redcar showing improved form since we last saw him where his form had tailed off somewhat. He's gone down the ratings in the last 12 months and despite them putting him back up 2lbs for that run at Redcar he looks well in still. He has won 3 times here at Wolver including twice on stiffer handicap marks than he's on today. Good claimer on board and must go close for a trainer doing really well of late. Pie Poudre looks the only realistic danger and a saver is worth having at the prices.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 No luck last night! 330 Beverley: Mojolika 2.40pt (7/2 PP) 330 Beverley: Markington 1pt (11/2 WH) Just 5 runners over 2 miles and 4 horses that like to be held up for a late challenge, this leaves a nice chance for Silvestre De Sousa to set the pace on Mojolika and dictate from the front, the same tactics earnt him his only win at Redcar, he couldnt get near the lead last time and was third at Wolverhampton, i expect the connections to instruct SDS to make all here. The old fellow Markington showed a bit of his old self when chasing last time and he could just be about to hit form, he won this last year and Hanagan has been employed to do the pushing, he could be a live danger.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 330 Beverley: Mojolika Won 330 Beverley: Markington 2nd _______________________________________ 700 Worcester: Risk Challenge 1.70pt EW (9/2 PP) Looks very competative on paper but in fact only half a dozen of these can get involved. I'm aware of the dangers that Direct Flo, Watch Out and Commit To Memory provide but the most consistent by far is Risk Challenge, was given far too much to do last time by the champ and the stable continue to go well. Last time he ran on over this trip and the two runs before that were over two miles and helped get the handicap mark down so he can run in 0-90 races. He should be able to take advantage here. A bet to nothing EW for those that want some insurance.