** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Summer Racing 2011

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Summer Racing 2011 Cheers Winningbin:ok 345 N.Abbot: Lava Lamp 2nd No excuses, well beaten into 2nd. _____________________________ 720 Southwell: Smart Freddy 2.49pts (11/8 Boyles) 615 Southwell: Marodima 1pt (7/4 Boyles) Smart Freddy looks to have found a good opportunity for Lawney Hill. Had a break since his last run when the soft ground was against him but some of his earlier form is pretty smart. At Kempton he was 4th behind the useful Bobs Worth and then backed that up with a good second to Problema Tic here at Southwell. This is the first time since his debut that he has got the right ground and expect him to brush aside the O'Niell horse who was second last time out in a poor race. Marodima is a long way below the class he was a few years ago, he was once rated 149, now off 114 he takes on this class 4 chase and only has four opponents. He loves to lead and get into his own rhythm and with no rival for the pace he should get things his own way here. He won off this mark over hurdles and showed last time that he still has the heart for the game over fences. Will love the firmish ground and should set up a clear lead, the danger appears to be the Jonjo/AP debutant over fences in Lost Glory, they think a bit of this horse but his future lies over 3 miles at least and may find this all a bit quick tonight especially on his introduction the bigger obstacles. Marodima hasnt ran over 2m4f for ages but on this ground should last home.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 :D A little profit because I placed the same stakes (5% each, so totally 10% for 2 horses). Do you have advice for me ? Should I do that ? :cheers I owe you a beer, and I hope I will owe you many beers next time :rollin OMG, I owe many experts here many beers :drums

Re: Summer Racing 2011

:D A little profit because I placed the same stakes (5% each, so totally 10% for 2 horses). Do you have advice for me ? Should I do that ?
Glad you made a liitle profit, the stakes are up to you but when I choose more than one selection I tend to put more on my best bet of the day and the other one is more of a saver to recoup any losses, doesnt always work out that way. Level stakes isnt a bad idea either, i'm not posting selections without thought and reasoning.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 420 Haydock: Sir George 1.23pts EW (15/2 WH) Ollie Pears trains this one and Paul Hanigan has been booked so I expect a big run from Sir George today. He won three times last season, once on this track on similar going to today, he was also placed a few times and has done himself no favours with the handicapper for being so consistant. Started this year off 87 and ran as though he needed his first two outings. He was then third at Thirsk in a similar race to this and last time was dropped in trip and got no sort of run at Catterick. Now races of 83 (has won off 82), back in a class4 and looks ripe now and hopefully will take his best chance of the season so far, hence Mr Hanagan to get the job done?? 300 Beverley: Lady Excel 0.50pts EW (10/1 Bet365) This one caught my eye last time when staying on into fifth place at Redcar over slightly shorter, she hasnt had much luck lately and has plumeted down the weights since coming over from Ireland. She was on a mark of 66 last summer and now runs here off just 54. Tries this extra furlong here and she could run well at a fair price in a weak race. Just hope the 8 runners stand their ground for the 3 places.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 420 Haydock: Sir George lost 300 Beverley: Lady Excel 3rd 18/1:eek Slight loss on the day but nice bonus with Lady Excel drifting out. Sir George didnt get involved and was disappointing.

Bets55
Won21
Strike Rate38.18%
Stakes146.30
Profit14.18
Yield9.69%
Stake still 3.46

Re: Summer Racing 2011 610 Uttoxeter; Spirit Is Needed 3pts (7/4 BSq) 610 Uttoxeter; Half Mast 0.46pts (6/1 Bet365) This one disappointed last time when beaten at odds on but when you actually look at the form it wasnt that bad, the winner was having his first run and turned out to be useful and the runner up was a highly regarded point winner. Many said he didnt stay the trip but is worth another chance in this poor race. The danger according to the betting is Morning Farewell, well he was beaten over 25 lenghts by the selection the last time they met, since then ran ok at Towcester over 2 miles and and needs to prove he stays as well. McCain runs Baraathen who looks pretty moderate and the real danger could be Bowens Half Mast who hadnt shown anything at all until finishing fourth behind stable mate Mike Towey last time, he looks on to watch for the future and a saver is reccomended with the loose change.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 530 York: Pokfulham 1.73pts EW (4/1 Betfred) Been hurdling all last season and improved greatly as time went on, connections gave a spin on the level at Hamilton last week off a mark of just 54 (Won off 115 over hurdles and ran last time off 130) I used to reckon that you could normally earn a rating of around 40pts higher over timber on average so the 6lb penalty he has here looks well within his compass. One of the rivals today Tenhoo has rattled up a hat-trick and started his stint on 52, now runs off 72 so just shows how these horses can improve pretty quickly, I expect a similar rise for Pokfulham by the time he's done no matter what he does today, this race has plenty of runners but half of them are badly out of form at the moment and cant see him being out the frame for an EW bet to nothing at 4/1. Only slight worry is the ground, he has done all his best work when there has been a little give or good at worst but connections obvioulsy feel they cant miss the opportunity before the handicapper has a look next week.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 530 York: Pokfulham 3rd Money back so no harm done, always going to be in the frame just ran a bit free early on. ______________ 810 Lingfield: Archie Rice 0.75pts EW (10/1 Boyles) Like the chance of Archie Rice here back on the AW, was too free last time under Dettori and never had a chance. Down to a mark of 66 for this average contest and the last time he won here was off ......66. George Baker got on with him well when second around here and as far as i can see all the opposition are hold up merchants so he should get a nice uncontested lead and hopefully kick off the last bend and his stamina should see him home, nice price for an EW bet in case he gets collared but should be in the frame. Over at Hexham and my beloved jumps, its a poor card but I like the handicap hurdle at 4.15 and think its between two, Dance For Julie and Word Of Warning. The former had the race in the bag last time when unseating and the latter was in behind that day and fell at the last. I think thats good form and they could fight this one out today. I'm just a tad worried about the ground for Dance For Julie, it has eased overnight to good and if it gets any more give in the ground i wouldnt be so keen. Word Of Warning looked like he was coming back to form after a poor spell and Jason Maguire takes the ride which could be significant. 415 Hex: Dance For Julie 1.21pts (4/1 VCBet) 415 Hex: Word Of Warning 0.75pt (6/1 Boyles) Non Runner

Re: Summer Racing 2011 340 Salisbury: High Standing 2pts 5/2 Bet365 Saw this horse run at Haydock last time behind The Cheka, he got blocked 2 out and lost any chance, not saying he would have won but showed signs of a bit better than his debut. Loves the soft ground and will get that here and looks to have the Hannon horse to beat. The stable are doing much better now as well so expect a big run today. 430 Doncaster: Muqtarrib 1.56pts 9/4 William Hill This horse ran fourth to Carlton House last season and on his debut this year was third to Lyric Street and Wild Coco. The winner that day is very well regarded and the second went on to win his next race very easily indeed. The extra two furlongs should help and must go close today. There are one or two promising types in opposition but my feelings are they may need more time to show their best.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 340 Salisbury: High Standing 2nd 430 Doncaster: Muqtarrib Lost Poor runs by both horses yesterday _____________________________ 330 Sedgefield: Winged Farasi 1.78pts EW (13/2 Bet365) Lond distance handicap and with Maid In Moscow out the race it looks pretty open, Lawney Hill has the fav Aghill but is poor value due to the connections and the price is one what he may do now with a new stable. Pairc Na Gcapall and Mrs Eff are fairly consistant and will make it a true run race and I like the look of Winged Farasi attempting this trip for the first time. He was running on last time at Cartmel when it was all too late under a youg inexperienced jockey on a quirky track. The trainers daughter is back on board here and she gets on with the horse well winning at Carlisle earlier on together. The horse has also won at this track which does suit certain types and the ground is ok even if they do have a touch of rain. All in all I think he's a decent EW bet and has a chance if this fav is over rated.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 330 Sedgefield: Winged Farasi lost Only 5th and never looked like getting involved, poor run. _________________________

Bets64
Won23
Strike Rate35.94%
Stakes163.05
Profit11.39
Yield6.99%
645 Newton Abbot: Call To Arms 1.78pts EW (6/1 Bet365) Nice novice hurdle at N.Abbot tonight and a few in with a chance on the figures, I have doubts about a couple of the principles so Call To Arms could run a good race from the front. He was second last time to the progressive Rajnagan and has ran well a couple of times on good to soft so thats not a worry if it doesnt dry out. Can be a tricky ride but the jockey gets on quite well with him and the trainer Peter Bowen is in good form. The fav Togiak finished in front of Jezza last time but it was a strange race where many came from miles back to get involved including the two mentioned, i think they were flattered that day and their overall profile is disappointing. The other market leader is the Moore trained Beau Fighter, he has had a few chances now and has been placed in all of them, he just pulls too hard for my liking and his run at Cartmel was poor although the track can play a part but even before that he's looked like a short runner to me and is worth taking on.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 645 Newton Abbot: Call To Arms 2nd Beaten by an 80/1 rag! _____________________ New Stake 3.35pts 500 Ascot: Shumoos 3.35pts (13/10 Bet365) My nap at Worcester is a NR now so will row in with this smart two year old of Brian Meehans, she won her debut in impressive style and the second demoloshed the Windsor Castle field yesterday. She is in stall 3 so will need to get out on terms but the way in which she won at Haydock looks like she will be able to handle this field. I rate the danger as Dozy from the Kevin Ryan stable but she will need luck in running coming from off the pace.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 500 Ascot: Shumoos 2nd Beaten a Short head, such is life? _________________________________ 7.00 Ffos Las : Pure Faith 3.35pts (6/4 VCBet) Only two in with a shout here the more experienced Pure Faith is taken to add to his novice chase win at Aintree, he carries the penalty but looked pretty impressive that day and he might catch the favourite off guard today with him making his seasonal reappearance and going over fences for the first time. Black Jack Blues has a much better hurdles rating than Pure Faith but didnt run up to that mark the last time we saw him and the McCoy factor is squeezing the price to around Evens which is poor value. Happy to take them on with yard thats going well in Peter Bowen.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 Cheers Spooner, thats life eh! 410 Musselburgh : Odins Raven 2nd _______________________________ Fancy a couple at Redcar today so splitting my stakes, the first is Word Of Warning in the 1.45, he's better than the bare form would suggest and this is a weak event, he was pulled out of race over hurdles the other day and goes for this instead. He stays well and has a turn of foot which many of the opposition lack. The other one is Mr Rainbow in the 7f contest at 3.20. He's better class than this and has ran two decent races in defeat this season, he got into trouble last time at Sandown and that was a much better contest than this, fully expect him to go close here and thought he would be a short price to be honest. 145 Red: Word Of Warning 1pt 5/1 Bet365 320 Red: Mr Rainbow 2.35pts 9/4 Bet365

Re: Summer Racing 2011 145 Red: Word Of Warning 2nd 320 Red: Mr Rainbow lost ________________________________ 400 Hexham: Maska Pony 1.67pt EW (15/2 Betfred) Thought this one ran well at MRasen last time, he got caught flat footed at one stage and ran on well behind Speedy Directa. This is quite competative but runs off 123 which is fair enough and has Graham Lee taking over in the saddle who knows his way around this tricky course.

145 Red: Word Of Warning 2nd 320 Red: Mr Rainbow lost ________________________________ 400 Hexham: Maska Pony 1.67pt EW (15/2 Betfred) Thought this one ran well at MRasen last time, he got caught flat footed at one stage and ran on well behind Speedy Directa. This is quite competative but runs off 123 which is fair enough and has Graham Lee taking over in the saddle who knows his way around this tricky course.
Nice one :clap

Re: Summer Racing 2011 400 Hexham: Maska Pony Won Finally a winner!

Bets71
Won23
Strike Rate32.39%
Stakes183.35
Profit13.38
Yield7.30%
New Stake 3.40pts _____________________________ 500 Wolver: Mustajed 1.70pts EW (6/1 Betfred) The favourite Country Road looks well in at weights here but hasnt ran for over 200 days, has never been ridden by todays rider and has been a btn fav twice in his last three outings so may be worth taking him on with the top one Mustajed. He won last time out for todays jockey and has stayed on strongly the last twice so this step back up to 12f should be ok. He's ran ok a couple of time around here as well and at the prices looks an EW bet to nothing.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 500 Wolver: Mustajed 2nd 8/1 New Stake 3.43pts __________________________________ 600 NA: On The Bridge 2.43pts (5/2 Boylesports) 705 NA: Rio Gael 1pt (9/2 Bet365) Ordinary maiden hurdle in which fav Zakatal tries to win on his 10th run over hurdles, been placed in most of them at different trips and always seems to find one or two too good, must be a doubt about his temperament and happy to take him on with Irish point winner On The Bridge, he ran well on his hurdle debut when second to Betavix, that was fair form for this time of year and this extra couple of furlongs will suit after being successful at 3 miles in the point field. Nicholls had a debutant who hasnt shown too much in bumpers and it will keep the prices respectable on the others. In the novice chase later on we have a competative affair despite only a small field, Al Qeddaaf is fav after a good win at Cartmel, Wake Board has a double penalty for winning two small races and Bermuda Boy makes his debut over fences after a placed efforts in a handicap hurdle last time. Rio Gael was rated better than these over hurdles and won his chase debut easily, at the prices he looks a value bet for the in form Peter Bowen.

Re: Summer Racing 2011 600 NA: On The Bridge 3rd 705 NA: Rio Gael Lost Poor yesterday _______________________________ Worcester today and like the look of both handicap hurdles, one of my favourites Kangaroo Court runs in three miler at 4.00 and would like to see him run a decent race, its his first time at the trip but has been used to running in better company than this. I also like the chances of Great Mates, he's closely handicapped with Kangaroo Court on their run at Cheltenham and i expect both to figure prominently in this race. My best bet is in the 3.25, Ten Pole Tudor dropping back to 2 miles and I think he's a very good EW bet at 8/1. He fell last time when running a fair race, he would have been 4th but he was tired as he really only gets 2 miles, this is an easy track too so should have something left for the business end of the race and may get revenge over Cardinal James who wants further than this and he's half the price. The fav Be Ashored hasnt won for ages but looks well handicapped, he's not the most consistent of animals and worth taking on. 3.25 Wor: Ten Pole Tudor 1.71pts EW (8/1 Boylesports) __

Re: Summer Racing 2011 345 Ffos Las: Owen Glendower 3rd Bit of profit! New Stake 3.24 __________________________________ The novice chase at Market Rasen looks at the mercy of Kim Baileys Points Of View, he took his time to notch his first win but can now go on to better things. He jumps well and should run his usual soild race. Pyracantha has joined Jenny Candlish since winning last time out, he just cant jump and wouldnt want to be on him at a short price and Sunsetten may chase home the selection. I have been a fan of Ancient Cross this season and Mick Easterby has gone close with his 7yo who used to run over longer trips. Has improved since his switch to 5f and is a decent price tonight in the Gosforth Cup. 725 New: Ancient Cross 1pt 11/1 (betfred) 315 MR: Points Of View 2.24pts 5/4 (betfred)