Catch those 2 years olds

Re: Catch those 2 years olds 1st - JACK WHO'S HE @ 5/4Fav :loon Racecourse experience and fitness told today , totally agree Quackers , TELL DAD should improve for the run but the winner looks as though he's genuine and could certainly win another one at least . Thursday - 1.50 Newm - 5f Fillies Maiden --------------------------------------- N QUINLAN - 1st season trainer so benefit of doubt given , two 2yo runs this season , 3rd and unp. Mrs K BURKE - 2nd season trainer who has not had a 2yo winner from 15 runs so far. K RYAN - K RYAN has managed 5 from 51 FTO winners in March/April and had 1 win from 4 runs this season. LISLE sired by IFFRAAJ last season's top 2 yo sire . Several of those won FTO over the minimum G KELLEWAY - 3 wins from only 8 runners in mar/apr since 2008 . She had no FTO winners in 2008/9 but had 2 FTO in 2010. 1 unp run this season. WHIPPER's crop do appear to need a run and further to show their best . C COX - unusual to have a 2yo runner in Mar/Apr [0/2] His 2yo usually appear from May onwards , even then only 1 win from 20 , better from June - Aug. M CHANNON - 17 FTO wins from 107 runners . Has been less proficient in general over the past 2 season's with his 2yo's FTO but they do seem to do even better at the 2nd time of asking. 1 win from 5 runs this season. Sired by OASIS DREAM [ 8th in table with 40% wins/runs ] and was a top sprinter. P COLE - 2 wins from 24 debutants in April , 1 win from 1 runner this season . Sired by ROYAL APPLAUSE , 2nd in table wth 24% wins/runs H PALMER - 1st season trainer . R HANNON - 24 FTO 2yo winners from 104 runners in March/April since 2002 . 1 win from 5 this season , noteably that was a 2nd time out runner . Sired by DANEHILL DANCER , 3rd in table with 42% wins/runs. Of the 4 left i'm going to leave out the Northern challenger LISLE who has no notable future entries . Of the 3 that are left i'm swayed by 3 things , Mick Channon's almost certainly improve for a run which this one has , she is the only runner with experience and she is a from a sprint family [ at least moreso than the other 2 ] Selection - PRINCESS BANU she also has mutiple entries in Sales races Dangers - ROYAL BLUSH , P COLE has had 1 win from 1 runner and has had 6 2yo wins from 36 runners at Newmarket but maybe need further as well as lacking race experience. TEA CUP - HANNON's youngsters have ran well fto this season but need the race . Experience and distance also negatives imo.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Catch those 2 years olds I like royal blush in this. Booking of frankie is a positive. The cole runner than won first time out at Windsor looked smart and I have no doubt they have higher hopes for this one starting off in this race. Agree with you jtw about the hannon 2 year olds looking like they need the run but I see that one as the main danger.

Re: Catch those 2 years olds I was underwhelmed by Princess Banu on her debut at Ripon, and this should be a tougher race. The most hyped debutant is Tea Cup, who was is 13/8 this morning and is being backed in. However, (as others have pointed out) Hannon's three 3 2YO debutants so far this season have all been turned over at 2/1 or less, needing the experience (Lord Ofthe Shadows has recently won 2TO). I would prefer to side with ROYAL BLUSH at 9-2 (Sporting Bet). Paul Cole saddled arguably the best 2YO we have seen this season in Silverheels, and on that basis this one should be ready to run first time out as well.

Re: Catch those 2 years olds

Selection - PRINCESS BANU she also has mutiple entries in Sales races
Very nice pick, jtw1! A change of tactics worked wonders as she was bounced out to make all for an easy victory. Royal Blush never got in a blow but was a promising second, whereas the much-hyped Hannon horse Tea Cup was left out with the washing.

Re: Catch those 2 years olds Great call jtw. I thought the second was given a tender ride and will come on bundles for that. That for me is the one to take out of the race. Princess Banu was given a great ride from Catlin from the front and proved that experience really does make a big difference in these 2 year old races. Bring on the Newbury maiden tomorrow!

I was underwhelmed by Princess Banu on her debut at Ripon, and this should be a tougher race. The most hyped debutant is Tea Cup, who was is 13/8 this morning and is being backed in. However, (as others have pointed out) Hannon's three 3 2YO debutants so far this season have all been turned over at 2/1 or less, needing the experience (Lord Ofthe Shadows has recently won 2TO). I would prefer to side with ROYAL BLUSH at 9-2 (Sporting Bet). Paul Cole saddled arguably the best 2YO we have seen this season in Silverheels, and on that basis this one should be ready to run first time out as well.
Remember that the majority of 2yo's will improve on their debut so try not to read too much into how a horse ran on it's debut it's all about the experience and race-fitness . P Cole's do seem to be a bit more forward while i'll be wary of Hannon's FTO runners , running a bit below his usual high standard imo. Friday - 1.35 - 5f Maiden --------------------------- ALL making their racecourse debuts . B MEEHAN only 1 FTO win from 32 runners in Mar/Apr in 8 seasons. JW HILLS has had only 2 FTO runners in April in 10 season's and in May has had 32 FTO runs but NO winners . P CHAPPEL-HYAM - 1 win from 8 in 7 season's , had no 2yo runs in April in 4 of those season's . Sired by a horse whose progeny appears to need a run and are definately better over 6 and esp 7f. J CHAPPEL-HYAM has had 1 win from 1 run in April since starting up in 2006 She has had only 2 FTO 2yo winners from 41 runners in ALL of those season's P COLE - 2 wins from 24 debutants in April , 1 win and a 2nd from 2 runner's this season . Sired by SOVIET STAR and the comment in the RP Bloodstock stallion book is - best progeny record over 1m-1m2f B HILLS - 11 2yo debut winners from 47 runs in April , 1 unp run this season. Sire has produced FTO winners and some sprinters . Only just turned 2 , born 10th April . R HANNON - 24 FTO 2yo winners from 104 runners in March/April since 2002 . 1 win from 6 this season , noteably that was a 2nd time out runner . Sire won over 6f but progeny seem better over further , is 11th in table with 16 wins from 32 runners in 2010 . M CHANNON - 17 FTO wins from 107 runners . Has been less proficient in general over the past 2 season's with his 2yo's FTO but they do seem to do even better at the 2nd time of asking. 2 wins from 6 runs this season. Sire's first batch of 2yo's , he himself won over 6f twice and won his first 3 runs . R HARRIS - Never had a FTO 2yo winner from 36 debutants over 6 seasons. J NOSEDA - 2 wins from 5 FTO runners in April over 4 of the past 8 season's. Sired by ROYAL APPLAUSE , Sire Comment on RP = top-class 2yo/sprinter, very good record with 2yos over 5-6f, many precocious and/or smart M CHANNON - See above - Sire won over 5f at Group 2 grade R HANNON - See above - by ROYAL APPLAUSE [see above] W MUIR - 0 wins from 13 FTO in Mar/Apr in fact never had a FTO winner in May or June in 9 season's. R CHARLTON - Only had one runner in April , but in May he has had 3 from 11 FTO winners . Has had 1 2yo run this season which was btn a sh-hd By KYLLACHY - G1 winner over 5f , pure sprinter . B MILLMAN - No FTO winners in the past 4 seasons , 2 runs this season both beaten. Summary - 5 runners to consider and first of all i'd bring it to your attention that M CHANNON has an abysmal record with his 2yo's at Newbury - 4 wins from 122 runs for a 4% strike rate !! On top of that is the yards runners improvemnet for a run means i'm leaving out his 2 - PITT RIVERS and SIGNIFIER. SIXX represents R HANNON and his 2yo's are running well FTO but seem to be needing their outings so far this season . That leaves the 2 runners sired by ROYAL APPLAUSE - J NOSEDA's REGAL ENTRANCE and R CHARLTON's TIOMAN LEGEND . Both were foaled in mid FEB . Frankie DETTORI rides REGAL ENTRANCE and he has a 29% win rate on Noseda's 2yo's [ 10/34 ] and the horse has a couple of Sales race entries while TIOMAN LEGEND has none which could be significant. The very early odds on Betfair have REGAL ENTRANCE as a slight Fav with TIOMAN LEGEND around the 8/1 mark. I have a slight preference for REGAL ENTRANCE over TIOMAN LEGEND but with both on either side of the stalls i think it's prudent to invest in both . Stake 6pt/4pts - REGAL ENTRANCE / TIOMAN LEGEND respectively :ok

J CHAPPEL-HYAM has had 1 win from 1 run in April since starting up in 2006
Strangely enough, that win was in last year's renewal of this very race! Very interesting race analysis thanks jtw. I'll take a closer look at it when I'm fresh in the morning, but the two Royal Applause runners are certainly intriguing.

Re: Catch those 2 years olds No luck yesterday, but Hannon horse looked v.good indeed. Today I'm going for: Beau Mistral 4.10 Ripon (5/1 at WH BOG) As we have already seen again this season, the benefit to having had a previous run cannot be underestimated. Three horses in this race have appeared before: Red Shadow. Led early at this course nine days ago, but ended well beaten (15.5 lengths). Should improve, but probably not good enough this time. Launch On Line. This one was second behind Miss Work of Art in a small race at Lingfield and the third/fourth (The Dancing Lord) have both come out and run well. However, although The Dancing Lord won at Folestone, he subsequently finished down the field at Newmarket and it's possible that the formline isn't as good as it appears if you look simply at the bare wins and places. BEAU MISTRAL ran in the Brocklesby. Although 7th place doesn't look much on paper, the filly did not have a clear passage and certainly wasn't knocked around by Silvestre De Souza. There was a lot to like about the way she shaped that day, and now racing against other fillies (nine of which are actually giving weight away to her) I think she is a cracking bet today.

Re: Catch those 2 years olds Bit of money around this morning for Beau Mistral, who is now 4-1. Debutant Dora's sister (sired by v.promising first season sire Dark Angel) has also been backed, although she is not two until 25 Apr. Anyhow, two other 2YO races today. Here's a brief analysis of the first (I'll try and add the second later on today) : Leicester 2.15 Triggerlo was sixth in the Brocklesby and has since finished third on firm ground at Nottingham. Thorpe Bay was third to The Dancing Lord in probably quite a weak race at Folkestone (although he was at least the highest placed debutant), with today's rival First Rebellion in 4th. David Evans has had a few 2YO winners already this season, but I think the Cockney Rebel sired filly Cockney Fire may need further than 5f. Cockney Rebel was a miler and his two other runners so far Queen Of the Hop and the aforementioned First Rebellion were less than inspiring behind The Dancing Lord at Folkestone. Of the other debutants, the most appealing is Michael Bell's runner APOSTLE (another one sired by Dark Angel). At 2-1 this doesn't look like a good value bet for a debutant to me, but if I was betting it would be my pick.

Re: Catch those 2 years olds GL Haystacks :ok 2.45 Leics 5f ------------- M BELL - 5 from 27 in Mar/Apr , first 2 yo runner this season - Sprint bred. P McBRIDE - Only one 2yo debut winner in 8 seasons [39 runners] J TUITE - 1st season trainer , 1 run unp this season J UNETT - 1 win from just 9 yo debutants spread over 5 of the past 8 seasons M RIMMER - No wins from 8 2yo runs since starting up 2 seasons ago with only one 2yo winner from 21 runs since '08 and that was on the AW. 1 unp run this season. M CHANNON - 17 FTO wins from 107 runners . Has been less proficient in general over the past 2 season's with his 2yo's FTO but they do seem to do even better at the 2nd time of asking. 2 wins from 9 runs this season. JW Hills has had only 2 FTO runners in April in 10 season's and in May has had 32 FTO runs but NO winners . 1 unp runner this season D EVANS - has had 17 wins from 86 runners in mar/apr over 9 season's , 5 wins from 28 2yo's this season W TURNER - 2 yo record in march/april since 2007 has only been 4 wins from 54 runners , 2 FTO wins this seasons however . Sprint Sire , won over 6f [inc 1 G3 ] A CARROLL - No wins from 8 debutants over 8 season's D DONOVAN - O wins from 12 in 2 season's Summary - Hard to see past the M BELL runner - APOSTLE . Hard to give TRIGGERLO another chance even with his experience . Bill Turner's Filly EN ETE is worth an EW look at 20/1 with bet 365.

W TURNER - 2 yo record in march/april since 2007 has only been 4 wins from 54 runners , 2 FTO wins this seasons however .
Thanks jtw - and you! I think Bill Turner's 2 wins this season were actually both 2TO - He's So Cool & The Dancing Lord. I did take a look at En Ete, but thought it might be one to strongly consider next time!?

Thanks jtw - and you! I think Bill Turner's 2 wins this season were actually both 2TO - He's So Cool & The Dancing Lord. I did take a look at En Ete, but thought it might be one to strongly consider next time!?
Quite correct mate , my mistake :$

Hope you got better than the winning SP of 3/1 :nana ' date= Haystacks :hope Must admit that this is the kind of thing i'm looking for , as well as trainers who have their 2yo fit to win FTO , and thats a 1st or 2nd season sire who has a high[ish] of % of FTO winners to runners and especially over sprint distances . MAJESTIC MISSILE looks like fitting the bill , with 10 wins from 84 two year old runs in his first season and , as i stated yesterday , 4 of the 6 individual winners managed to strike first time , one was 2nd then won and it took the other 2 outings before winning . Try to keep an eye on his progeny making their racecourse appearance , esp with a trainer who knows how to win with them FTO.
Posted this last week after MARFORD MISSILE won and this is the first runner from MAJESTIC MISSILE since that race - LAUNCH ON LINE runs in the 4.10 at Ripon this afternoon . Trained by Bill Turner , who as you may have noticed above , has had two 2yo winners this season both winning on their 2nd racecourse appearance . This will be the selections 2nd run after an outing on the AW 17 days ago . I've taken the 4.00 on offer from BET365 .

Re: Catch those 2 years olds I didn't have time to post on the Doncaster race on Sat, which was won by the odds-on favourite, the Hannon debutant Lilbourne Lad. With two debutant winners in two days the Hannon 2YO string is starting to fire on all cylinders. Three 2YO races today. Here are the first two: Red 2.20 Richard Fahey has a very appealing debutant here in Gone By Sunrise, out of first season sire Three Valleys. My main reservation is that this horse is giving weight all round. Another interesting debutant is Kevin Ryan's First Bid, out of Kylacchy. The Ryan stable had an debutant winner back on April 1 with Hamza, but doesn't really seem to be going very well since then, with a couple of favs (Kodiac King and Nannerl) having been turned over, and Liesl and Mebsuta also not showing much. Tim Easterby has had a couple of 2YO debutant winners at Ripon and he fields Fayr Fall. However, the sire Fayruz is not really renowned for precocious 2YOs. However, there is also some reasonable form on offer from Tom Dascombe's Van Go Go, who finished second to Majestic Rose at Kempton. Van Go Go is by first season sire Dutch Art, who broke his duck with the Fahey-trained Miss Work Of Art. Aquasulis improved markedly from her first run to second (finishing third to Lord of theShadows last week, ahead of today's rival Middleton Flyer). The other previous runner is Latte, who did battle for the lead on her debut before fading in the final furlong. It's certainly possible that she could be a big improver. The Fahey stable is in such great form that GONE BY SUNRISE could well pop in first time out. However, at 3-1 favourite this morning I won't be playing. Red 2.50 (seller) Ciara Boo was a non-runner after I tipped her in a similar contest last week. She has participated in two of the hotter 2YO races so far, and should really break her maiden here. The main rival in the betting this morning is Queen Of The Hop. However, I am very sceptical of the form of her seconds to Dijarvo at Southwell and The Dancing Lord at Folkestone, as most of the horses from those races have come out and been beaten. = Another horse returning to the track is Bill Turner's She's Reel Dusty. His runners do often improve markedly second time up, but she's a late May foal. (This one is now a non-runner.) The Fahey runner Spiders Of Spring has to come into the reckoning, but this one is a late April foal and you have to think that if he had real promise he wouldn't be starting out in a seller. It's hard to see much appeal in the other two runners, Bertie Dancing and Mad for Fun. CIARA BOO is the selection, and probably a fair bet at 2-1.

Re: Catch those 2 years olds Windsor 5.20 Richard Hannon won this race last year with The Sydney Arms. His Mrs Mop was bumped at the start on her debut, and would be expected to make a big improvement on that run. However, the Hannon yard also field Best Terms, with Richard Hughes on board and therefore seemingly the first string. This filly was a late May foal, and it is somewhat surprising to see her out so early in the season. At 5/2 in a big field this one is obviously seriously fancied. Mick Channon has had a couple of 2YO winners now (Majestic Rose & Princess Banu), and Rooknrasbryripple out of Piccolo has to be a contender, especially drawn right against the stands rail, which often helps keep 2YOs running in a straight line. Tom Dascombe's Misty Conquest is also worth a mention. Her sire Mujadil has only had nine FTO 2YO winners, but bizarrely over half of them have come in March & April! The Dascombe yard has turned out a 1st & 2nd from only two runners so far this year. (Plus Van Go Go has just won on his second run earlier this afternoon.) Roger Charlton virtually never turns out 2YOs this early in the season, so Supreme Quest is notable for that reason. However, it will be a tough task for her to give weight away all round on her debut. Mousie & Summathisnthat have been declared NRs. With some powerful 2YO yards represented this looks like a very interesting contest. I think MISTY CONQUEST and ROOKNRASBRYRIPPLE may both be worth a small e/w wager at around 25-1 (Paddy Power) and 16-1 respectively.

Re: Catch those 2 years olds A couple of late-foaled winners today Haystacks !!! Tues - 2.10 Ponte - 5f ---------------------- M JOHNSTON has had 2 from 26 in recent seasons. Strike rate improves from May onward. 0 from 4 runs this season. Sire was winner over 10-12f , progeny do better as 3yo's R FAHEY has had 7 FTO wins from 20 runners in March/April , 3 wins from 11 runs inc one FTO today at Redcar . Sired by KYLLACHY [13/44 2yo winners last season] K RYAN has managed 5 from 51 FTO winners in March/April and had 1 win from 9 runs this season. Sire usually gets winners at further . A DUFFIELD has had 1 win from 35 FTO runs in Apr/May . T D EASTERBY has had 5 FTO winners from 61 runners in March/April in the past 6 seasons. Has had 2 wins from 6 runners this season , both FTO . Has also had a 3rd and two 4ths in the past 14 days from 3 of those. By LUCKY STORY whose off-spring come to hand early and can win over 5f T DASCOMBE has had 3 from 23 since 2006 , no runners in one season. Has had 1 FTO win and a 2nd time out win from 3 runners this season. By EXCEED AND EXCEL [ 21 wins from 53 2yo runners in 2010 ] Top class sprinter in Oz , won G1/2and 3's. A BERRY has had 1 win from FTO runners in Mar/Apr since 2002 R FAHEY - See above , Sire can get early 5f winners. M APPLEBY trained 0 FTO wins from 3 runs between 2004/5 , stopped training until 2010 and had 1 unp in that season M HAMMOND had 1 wins from 27 FTO runners since 2002 G KELLEWAY - 3 wins from only 8 runners in mar/apr since 2008 . She had no FTO winners in 2008/9 but had 2 FTO in 2010. 2 unp runners in 2011 , no turf wins this season. Summary - PYMANS THEORY from Tom DASCOMBE's yard looks the one to be on here . Sprint bred by the 6th most prolific sire of 2010 , holds an entry for the Super Sprint at Newbury in July [ as does Easterby's PUNCHIE ] DANGER - PUNCHIE , from a stable whose 2yo's are running very well , just loses the selection on the assumption he may need a furlong or two further to be seen at his best ..

Re: Catch those 2 years olds Having been very well backed this morning, Pymans Theory is now a very short-priced fav for a debutant at a shade of odds against. It is part-owned by footballer Michael Owen together with Betfair founder Andrew Black, so I'd be surprised if they didn't land the gamble. As you say, jtw, Punchie looks best of the rest. There is a somewhat more open-looking 2YO race today at Bath (6.30pm). Three of these have run before, but the two who raced in the very weak race that The Dancing Lord won at Folkestone can probably be discounted (Courtland King and Sea Poet). On the other hand Copper Falls is more interesting. This one came 4th at Leicester and the three who finished in front of him have since managed two wins and a second, so that is obviously decent form. Also, he did manage to keep up with the seemingly quite smart winner for much of the race, albeit before being ridden and fading over 1f out. Worth is sired by Indesatchel and trained by Brian Meehan, who has yet to have a 2YO winner this season. Mick Channon has a Baltic King sired debutant in Factory Time. Baltic King is a first season sire and has only had two runners (including today's rival Courtland King). The in-form Tom Dascombe fields the Bertolini sired Spring Daisy. However, Bertolini doesn't have a great record with early 2YO debutants, just 2 wins in 47 runs. Very tentatively, I would opt for COPPER FALLS to exploit his greater experience at around 7/2.

Re: Catch those 2 years olds 5.05 Newcastle Only four go to post for this decent-looking contest with 3 debutant winners and another horses that have finished second. Kevin Ryan's Hamza faces Stonefield Flyer again on slightly worse terms. Although the latter was very green that day, one would still expect Hamza to be able to confirm a 3.25 length victory. Tom Dascombe has had some early 2YO success this year and he fields Marford Missile, a narrow CD winner 12 days ago. The form of the Fahey runner Lily's Angel took a knock when One Kool Dude was well beaten the other day. Although Kevin Ryan has been struggling with his 2YOs of late, I liked the look of HAMZA on his debut and fancy him to follow up, with Stonefield Flyer again in second place. (Looking at the odds today, I'm very surprised that Marford Missile is all the way out at 10-1. He was forecast at 5-1 in the RP and two runners have been declared NRs since then.)

Re: Catch those 2 years olds HAMZA was withdrawn , race won by Fahey's LILY'S ANGEL . Only 3 ran . left that race alone as 3 were previous winners , trying to find race's where , ideally none have won and the race has a majority of FTO runners. PYMANS THEORY was 3rd on Monday and returned at 4/5f , i wouldn't advise anyone to take odds-on favs in these type of races !! Thurs - 2.30 Folkestone 5f [Class 5] ------------------------------------ J BEST - 2 FTO winners from 40 runners in Mar/Apr/May since 2000. First 2 yo runner this season. P MCENTEE - FTO record of 2 from 52 in 10 seasons [all months] and 2nd time-outs fare only slightly better , 3 from 37 [all months in 10 seasons] Fallon has ridden 10 times over the past 5 seasons fro the yard with 1 win. D EVANS has had 6 wins from 34 runners this season , the last 3 seasons have seen his runners win 14 from 81 attempts on their 3rd run , a definate improvement on previous seasons. Sprint-bred and only btn a hd LTO in a Cl4. JW Hills has had only 2 FTO runners in April in 10 season's and in May has had 32 FTO runs but NO winners . 0 wins from 2 runs this season M CHANNON -3 from 13 this season , 2 were FTO . Sire better over further D EVANS - see above , but sire was best over 8-11f R HANNON - 4 from 10 this season , 3 were FTO . Sprint-bred B MILLMAN - No FTO winners in the past 4 seasons , 3 runs this season both beaten. I WOOD - 0 FTO wins from 34 runners in Mar/Apr/May in the past 8 seasons Got it down to CHOICE OF REMARK and KARUGA. Despite the nine 2yo winners from 28 runners R HANNON has had at Folkestone , i'm swayed toward CHOICE OF REMARK who has a few positives to his name , those are race experience and he is a Colt . Generally a bit stronger than the fillies at this stage of the season i believe.

Re: Catch those 2 years olds Hamza was a non-runner yesterday (due to playing up in the stalls), and Lily's Angel beat the other two runners. As for today's race, I much prefer the Newmarket debut form of Chillie Billie to that shown by Choice Of Remark on his two runs. Karuga is very easy to back this morning, whereas Chillie Billie has been backed in from 2/1 to 6/4. The Channon debutant Gatepost has also been supported. I won't be backing him at 6/4, but it's CHILLIE BILLIE for me.

Got it down to CHOICE OF REMARK and KARUGA. Despite the nine 2yo winners from 28 runners R HANNON has had at Folkestone , i'm swayed toward CHOICE OF REMARK who has a few positives to his name , those are race experience and he is a Colt . Generally a bit stronger than the fillies at this stage of the season i believe.
I think i took the coward approach and backed both ew..

Re: Catch those 2 years olds Hey guys been a while since I backed a 2 year old but I like karuga here. Favourite is far too short now and karuga won't have to be to special to win this. Comes from the powerful hannon stable and Ryan Moore booked for the ride. 8/1 with bet 365 is massive

Re: Catch those 2 years olds 2.30 Cork REPLY I have my doubts about what ISHVANA beat at Dundalk on debut. REQUINTO ran well enough on debut and looks as though the drop back in trip will suit but I really like the look of REPLY. Cost 500,000 euros and has group 1 entries already. By Oasis Dream, this horse should know his job straight away, and although he looks like the second string, he could very well be good enough to take this.