Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread

Re: Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread 3.45 Carlisle Several of these come into this badly out of form and others in great form and I feel the inform Beauty Pagent could be very hard to beat if coping with the slightly softer ground than she has encountered before. Yard has been in great form and this filly is lightly raced for a 4yr old winning her maiden at 3rd attempt in June last year, not seen since May this year but made a winning handicap debut off a mark of 63, up 4lb for that effort did still show signs of greeness but appeared to win with a little left so a 4lb rise isnt excessive and improvement can easily be expected in my opinion. One of the 'out of form' rivals who I think is over priced has to be Lake Chini who is usually a reliable sort who has ran 2 very poor races last 2 starts but perhaps forgive last run considering nothing got into the race from behind and he needs a strong pace to race off should get that today with several front runners in the race and will also relish any further rain as best form has always come on soft ground. 3pts win Beauty Pagent 2/1 pp 1pt e/w Lake Chini 20/1 pp 7.00 Windsor Flag of Glory might be worth a small interest in this wide open competitive handicap. He hasnt had much racing for his age and clearly doesnt stand a lot of racing for some reason often running with big gaps between races, but does have a good record fresh so that is no concern. Showed very little for inexperienced rider at lingfield but George Baker has a very good record on him so that is a positive, yard generally quiet but have had a couple of wins and places. Switch back to a mile also looks a good move having shaped as if failing to stay 1m2f only 2lb higher than last win so clearly not handicapped out of things with more improvement likely. 1pt e/w Flag Of Glory 16/1 lads

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread 3.45 Ascot We all know if Frankel is anywhere near his best he will be impossible to beat but Wootton Basset could be a big price for an EW bet. Was a horse that started the Fahey/Hanagan revelation last year winning every start including final start in group1 Prix Jean-Luc at Longchamp on soft ground always looked the type that would easily see out the mile trip. Unable to lineup for 2000 Guineas due to a setback but did line up for the French 2000 Guineas but really didnt stand any chance from his wide draw but still ran a good enough race to suggest all his ability remains intact ahead of a 3yr old campaign and ground is certainly in his favour today and he could easily prove a nice priced placer in this race behind Frankel. 1pt e/w Wootton Bassett 16/1 pp 2.50 Thirsk Surprised to see Tribal Myth and Easy Terms so close in prices. Tribal Myth didnt appear to win with a huge amount up his sleeve last time for all he was hampered a few furlongs out, also has to prove stamina for this trip and has to be questioned. For me Easy Terms looks a solid bet, for all she hasnt been tried over this trip neither yet she stayed on so strongly last time out certainly suggests she would stay this trip. She has won her last 2 starts so comfortably she looks to be lb's ahead of the handicapper and a 7lb rise could be very lenient and Sullivan keeps the ride continueing to take off his 3lb meaning she is racing off another nice light weight and she won on good ground last time out aswell. 3pts win Easy Terms 9/2 pp

Re: Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread 6.00 Brighton The old boy The Tatling may well be hard to beat if bouncing back from a slightly below effort last week but nothing made up ground that day so can be excused. Had been running well prior to that and has kept bumping into better handicapped horses recently. He is often slow away these days and needs a truely run gallop to chase down in the closing stages should get that today with Spic n Span and Lithaam in the lineup, he is well handicapped even on recent form let along form from a couple of years ago. He is also 1 from 1 at this course which is a massive bonus around here and yet again everything points to a bold run. 2pt win The Tatling 5/1 hills

Re: Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread 4.25 Ascot The Royal Hunt Cup the first big heritage handicap of the meeting. High drawn numbers appeared to have a significant advantage which is a slight worry for the current favourite Point North. For me Dance and Dance must have a solid chance to follow up his Epsom win last time out. He has become a frustrating sort often away very slowly and then finishing strongly and the amount he has given away at the start has often been the difference in winning and not. He always travels as if very well handicapped and will appreciate a strongly run race over this stiff mile having won over the extended mile at Epsom, he is 3lb ahead of the handicapper in this race and this is perhaps his last chance at a handicap with his mark looking on the verge of a pattern performer now. Pintura looks a ridiculous price with him drawn high and in fantastic form. Often looked unlucky in running and although the way he is ridden often causes him to look unlucky but he clearly is handicapped to win races and in fantastic form. Good ground no concern biggest concern for me is that Spencer rides and after his performance yesterday is a massive concern. Eton Forever could be a massive danger returning to handicap company and returning to ground more in his favour with a little bit of cut in it. He absolutely bolted up in the Doncaster Spring Mile at the beginning of the season up 11lb for that effort and took on a listed event over CD but was a tad disappointing, that was on rattling ground so this should be much better today and back in handicap company aswell and still unexposed. Another very unexposed runner is Gosdens Bronze Prince who is actually a GoDolphin cast off but looks a very useful one. Hasnt stood much racing so clearly had problems and also had stall problems because did miss an intended engagement on the AW due to misbehaving at the start. Has clearly come on for the couple of runs with Gosden taking a big step forward last time when staying on at the one pace for 3rd, certainly bred with stamina in mind so should stay this extra furlong and if that brings out further improvement could be a massive danger again from a high draw. 1pt win Bronze Prince 20/1 coral 1pt win Eton Forever 16/1 bet365 1pt win Pintura 25/1 bet365 1pt win Dance and Dance 12/1 bet365 7.50 Ripon City Of The Kings should be hard to beat with all the other rivals badly out of form. He can often be slowly away but often finish well and was a massive improvement last time out over CD and very well handicapped on best form having won off a mark of 90 in the past rated just 85 today. He also has a very good record around here and good ground is no concern with the cheekpieces returning having been left off on most recent runs. Yard are going through a bit of a purple patch at the moment. 2pts win City Of The Kings 7/4 coral

Re: Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread 3.45 Ascot A wide open renewal of the Gold Cup in my opinion and Fame and Glory is the class act but worry has to be whether he stays this trip at such a short price. On what looks probably the worst day of the meeting in my opinion from a betting point of view Geordieland looks a good ew bet. He missed all of last season due to injury, has a very good record in this race behind Yeats in previous years finishing 2nd, 2nd and 3rd. Ground wouldnt be a massive concern aslong it got no worse than good ground. He has won his last 2 seasonal reappearances so record fresh is impressive of course 2 years is a long break to overcome this time but Hughes in brilliant form this week and I would expect a bold bid. 1pt e/w Geordieland 22/1 vc

Re: Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread 4.00 Ripon 6 runner handicap all are decent horses on their day but have something to prove for now and with the ground going soft you can cross a couple out straight away. Pleasant Day defenetily needs fast ground and I suspect Layline does aswell. I would have been all over Tartan Gunna had the ground stayed fast he ran an unusual race last time at Chester, blowing the start but came rattling through the field at the end to suggest he is ready to win but ground is a concern. Johnny Lesters Hair has won on soft ground but all recent wins have come on fast ground and Charlie Cool has something to prove at the moment after not really showing much enthusiasm in a finish at the moment. For me Dolphin Rock stands out here, acts on soft ground and was a good 2nd last time out just got pipped on the line gets to race off the same mark today and is 3lb ahead of the handicapper racing today and that form looks fairly solid and the 5th horse has since ran another solid race in a very competitive race at york. 2pt win Dolphin Rock 11/4 vc 7.50 Leicester Ive always been convinced Dreamacha is better than a 70 rated handicapper and have backed him nearly everytime except when I was on holiday last week and he goes and wins as though a handicap blot again. That was only his second start at 5f and has now twice run really well over the 5f, kept to the 5f today up 8lb for that easy success and both the 2nd and 4th have both won next time out. He also has form on soft and heavy ground so any further rain would be of no concern. 2pt win Dreamacha 2/1 pp

Re: Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread Couple early ones for tomorrow: Today could be interesting with the ground rapidly changing and the whole season has been run on G/F so form lines could yet again be called into question. 5.00 Ascot Tregoning yard have been rather quiet again but have still enjoyed a few winners albeit at a lower level. He runs Heddywn who comes out from stall 1 so will need a bit of luck probably going round the home bend but George Baker is a jockey I have a lot of time for as I think he is very smart. Heddwyn takes a step up in class but could still be ahead of the handicapper having only had 4 runs to date winning on debut and going close in 3 handicap starts, latest on the AW finishing a good second to the potentially useful Constant Contact of the Andrew Balding yard unfortunately the handicapper saw that as a very good effort aswell sticking him up 5lb but suppose he needed that to get into this sort of race. Could continue to improve and has form on heavy so no ground worries neither but the unknown has to be the trip extra 2f today and on breeding isnt sure to suit but he looks a stayer on recent effort so.. 1pt e/w Heddwyn 16/1 vc 5.35 Ascot Dayia has to be given a chance, Im surprised to even see her out again this season surprised if she wasnt in foal now she has picked up some important black type last year. She is usually a very reliable mare bit of a no show in Cesarwitch but went to france and landed a valuable listed event in heavy ground under todays french jockey again so the rebooking of him looks a positive move and the softer ground sure to suit. She is also well drawn in stall 4 aslong as bounces out and sits prominently. Her record fresh is pretty reasonable aswell. 2pt e/w Dayia 10/1 vc

Re: Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread Couple early ones for tomorrow: Today could be interesting with the ground rapidly changing and the whole season has been run on G/F so form lines could yet again be called into question. 5.00 Ascot Tregoning yard have been rather quiet again but have still enjoyed a few winners albeit at a lower level. He runs Heddywn who comes out from stall 1 so will need a bit of luck probably going round the home bend but George Baker is a jockey I have a lot of time for as I think he is very smart. Heddwyn takes a step up in class but could still be ahead of the handicapper having only had 4 runs to date winning on debut and going close in 3 handicap starts, latest on the AW finishing a good second to the potentially useful Constant Contact of the Andrew Balding yard unfortunately the handicapper saw that as a very good effort aswell sticking him up 5lb but suppose he needed that to get into this sort of race. Could continue to improve and has form on heavy so no ground worries neither but the unknown has to be the trip extra 2f today and on breeding isnt sure to suit but he looks a stayer on recent effort so.. 1pt e/w Heddwyn 16/1 vc 5.35 Ascot Dayia has to be given a chance, Im surprised to even see her out again this season surprised if she wasnt in foal now she has picked up some important black type last year. She is usually a very reliable mare bit of a no show in Cesarwitch but went to france and landed a valuable listed event in heavy ground under todays french jockey again so the rebooking of him looks a positive move and the softer ground sure to suit. She is also well drawn in stall 4 aslong as bounces out and sits prominently. Her record fresh is pretty reasonable aswell. 2pt e/w Dayia 10/1 vc

Re: Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread Forgot to put todays bets in here: 4.25 Ascot Green Destiny is clearly the form pick but whether you wanna take 2/1 against season campaigners has to be questioned and for me I want to find value elsewhere. Looking for runners with soft ground form in this field is hard as most want fast ground, Lost In The Moment is an interesting runner for the Go Dolphin team, he has form on fast ground aswell as some very good form on soft ground, last winning in this country at newbury over 10f on good to soft ground off a mark of 91, since won in Meydan off a 6lb higher mark on the AW before going over the top, but recent effort at Chester is a sign of a return to form when finishing really well on fast ground, set to race off a 4lb higher mark tomorrow and has to be of interest. Another big priced runner could be Bea Remembered who also has form on softer ground, won last time out at Doncaster in really good style up 7lb for that effort and that form is working out ok with second running another solid race. That was only her second win to date and could easily be open to more improvement yet. 1pt win Lost in the Moment 15/2 Bet365 1pt e/w Bea Remembered 16/1 Bet365 5.35 Ascot Still think you want a high draw over the straight course looking at yesterdays evidence so again looking at high numbers for me. Axiom has been declared with the note that he will only run on suitable ground and it looks like he is easily gonna get that today. He ran a very creditable race at Doncaster in the Lincoln finishing 4th, has since ran a little disappointing at Sandown but that has meant his handicap mark has come down 3lb in the handicap and now looking very well handicap having won off a 1lb higher mark last year and will relish soft ground and well drawn in stall 21. Across The Rhine is another very interesting runner with the ground on the turn with most of his best form coming on soft ground. Proved his well being last time out when finishing a brilliant second to the fantastic Famous Name, could be dangerously well handicapped for a horse that spends most of his life in group and listed races but last won a handicap in Meydan off this mark and is again drawn high. 1pt e/w Across The Rhine 20/1 Bet365 (5places) 1pt e/w Axiom 16/1 Bet365 Bet365 (5places) 4.10 Musselburgh Several front runners in the field means this should be run at a true clip and that makes me think Beat The Shower could be a big price. His form round here has been good with 2 runs winning 1 and finishing second on the other occassion. Should be reaching peak fitness with a couple of runs under his belt and will appreciate the step back up in trip and if the ground gets any worse it would be of no concern with plenty of form on soft ground. Handicapped to win races only being 1lb above a good second over CD. 1pt e/w Beat The Shower 10/1 coral __________________

Re: Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread 3.20 Redcar Im surprised to see Mr Rainbow such a short priced favourite, I have tipped him up several times unsuccessfully, he remains lightly raced and could still have more to offer and did stay on a little bit eye catchingly last time out but not enough to warrant such a price and a major concern has to be the dismal form the yard are in at the moment. For me they will have to go some way to beat Frognal, he showed signs of coming back to life for Ruth Carr before she dropped him into a seller and duly obliged and was then bought by another inform yard in the Guest yard, they got a handicap win out of him last time out at Leicester under todays jockey. That was even more of a surprise considering he got lose before the start and had a really good run around. He clearly isnt the easiest to keep tabs on often plays up at the start but has bags of ability and a 6lb rise looks very fair on the face of it and still remains well handicapped on best form as has been rated in the 90's. Also looks to prefer good ground these days rather than rattling ground so some rain would be welcomed. 3pts win Frognal 3/1 bet365 3.10 Newmarket The Swinburn yard couldnt be in better form at the moment with several winners this week including the winner of the Royal Hunt Cup at Ascot he runs Sunset Kitty in this race. She has won 2 very competitve handicaps, last time out was her turf debut and she confirmed she was just as capable on turf as the polytrack, a 5lb rise in the weights is fair considering she continues to improve with every run making it also 2 from 2 over todays mile trip. Form behind her last time out has been let down a few times but she now tries her luck in her own sex handicap and looks to still have plenty to offer looking unexposed at this trip and on turf. 2pt win Sunset Kitty 5/1 bet365 5.25 Newmarket I wrote this about Roberto Pegasus when he was declared to run a few weeks back: Not a race I want to be getting to heavily involved in with severals these in form and running well but Roberto Pegasus might be a handicap blot aslong as he is fit to do himself justice tonight. On breeding wouldnt have wanted 1m2f on debut but needed every yard of it extra 2f surely has to be in his favour on that evidence and although that win came on soft ground relatives have done their winning on firm ground so that shouldnt be a problem. A mark of 74 is very lenient with the 3rd placed horse in that maiden Shallow Bay winning off a mark of 74 and placed off a mark of 84 twice in some hot handicaps this season. Also the 4th horse won next time out in a maiden and has been given a rating of 76 and he was nearly 8 lengths behind that day so a mark of 74 may be a big blot. Phelan yard are just about running to form and have had several placed horses. This race looks a lot weaker than that he was expected to make his return in, and the fact that there is now some cut in the ground is another plus. The yard have had a few runners go close including the admirable Ermyn Lodge at Ascot this week. 3pts e/w Roberto Pegasus 6/1 hills

Re: Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread Well Royal Ascot over and what a brilliant 5 days it was, to be honest its a good job we got winners at other meetings and didnt rely on Ascot as failed to tip any winner at Ascot but we did have a very nice winner yesterday at 7/1 and fingers crossed we can find some more like that. 3.10 Pontefract A handicap lacking much depth with nearly all the field out of form and then a few unexposed runners who probably have something to prove. The current favourite Adelina Patti is a very short priced for a horse that has only shown glimmers of hope so far in maidens, well beaten last time out not looking as if getting home over 7f so not sure a step up to a mile isnt likely to suit. For me the most interesting runner is Stef Higgins Woop Woop, yard have been very quiet up until the past week or so when all of a sudden there are signs of life and a big priced winner at Newmarket friday night. Woop Woop is still a maiden but on 9 starts has finished in the places 6 times but hasnt looked ungenuine at all so that isnt a concern, 7 of those races have been on the AW, showed she is just as effective on turf last time out Windsor staying on steadily at the end suggesting that she was still improving and could still have more to offer on the AW is actually 1lb lower today in the handicap and Queally replaces apprentice and should appreciate racing against her own sex today. 1pt win Woop Woop 7/1 lads 3.40 Pontefract I tipped Shallow Bay up last time and wrote this; Shallow Bay finished 3rd behind Incendo last time out and is probably the most lightly raced horse in the lineup and still open to plenty of improvement yet and has given 2 good efforts this season and again suggests he too is capable of winning a race. He too has form on soft ground in maidens last year and breeding certainly suggest that stamina is her game and should take this test well. Now ground unlikely to come up soft but that isnt what she requires anyhow so fast ground not a problem. You can completely forget that run last time out in a very messy race at Sandown looked to be travelling well jsut about to make a move when snatched up and then no chance, so considering he was travelling so wells suggest he remains well handicapped. Fallon is also an eye catching booking. 4pt win Shallow Bay 9/2 lads

Re: Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread Seems there is still a lot of fast ground horses about so selections are hard to find on the slower ground at the moment. 3.00 Brighton Ivory Lace is a real horses for courses horse with 4 wins coming at this track but all wins have come on fast ground and super fast ground so this soft ground is unlikely to suit. Foxtrot Alpha has a better chance I would think on this soft ground a good second over CD last time out proves she remains in form, although not exactly well treated she has placed of a similar mark in the past and still relatively lightly raced for a horse at this level. Apprentice takes a handy 5lb off and that only effectively mean she is 1lb above last winning mark and she has the best soft ground form on offer here unless Last King Of Scotland can repeat his effort at Lingfield on Saturday night but not always the most reliable. 2pt win Foxtrot Alpha 10/3 bet365 8.50 Newbury Unfortunately working all day tomorrow so having to put this up now but I believe the ground has come up soft enough for Equuleus Pictor who is a renowned mud loving horse. Hasnt won for nearly 2 years now but has run some better races this season so far especially last time out when looked to be coming with an interesting run and did well to finish as close as he did having been hampered furlong or so out, mark dropped another 1lb to 70 so now gets into a 0-70 and also cheekpieces might just bring out a little extra (never worn any headgear in long career) last win came off a mark of 85 so 15lb lower today and Gannon couldnt be in better form. 2pt win Equuleus Pictor 9/2 bet365

Re: Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread 3.50 Salisbury Quite a wide open looking handicap and Invicible Soul looks a massive price. Acts on good/soft ground and looks to be in reasonable form with a very good 3rd in a small field listed event at Goodwood and could be a danger to all back in handicaps, he has placed in some very competitive races last year off much lower marks but looks to still be improving. You can completely forget his run last week at Ascot having been 1 of just 4 raced on wrong side and was heavily eased and not given a hard race. 1pt e/w Invicible Soul 12/1 vc 3.05 Carlisle David Omeara has been in great form this season rejuvinating runner after runner and Quite Sparky is one of those and continues in good form. Won a handicap on penultimate start off a mark of 72 and appeared to win with a good deal in hand. Ran another solid race last time out in a classified event over 7f when probably had to race a bit keener than ideal should be better suited to this return to a mile and if the visor brings out a bit more could still be on the improve off a 6lb higher mark. Marjury Daw is another interesting contender if able to repeat her effort last time out, she was a consistent mare last season, but has failed to return to those heaight this season but last time out was a step back in the right direction and if that was a return to form and she returns to her consistent ways she could easily capatilise on a lenient mark, she is 3lb ahead of the handicapper at the moment and is 5lb below last winning mark and soft ground defenetily in her favour 2pt win Quite Sparky 13/2 hills 1pt win Marjury Daw 15/2 coral 3.35 Carlisle I was really taken by Pravda Street's performance at Ayr last week. That was his second run for Ellison and his second win. Carries a 6lb penalty today and is 2lb well in compared to his new mark and clearly acts on soft ground. He stayed on readily over the 7f so the step up in trip to 1 mile shouldnt be a massive problem. Yard won this race last year and this horse looks very progressive and could easily go onto better things yet. 2pt win Pravda Street 5/1 lads

Re: Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread 3.30 Warwick Flying Applause has a decent strike rate for a horse of his ability and is clearly in the form of his life at the moment. Has won his last 2 starts very very comfortably even though last time he blew the start he still bolted in with a length in hand. Up another 5lb for latest win but useful apprentice takes that off his back so he looks to be well weighted in this field and ground is no concern and well drawn in stall 4. The Wee Chief is coming a bit of rascal travelling very well into a race but finds very little when asked nonetheless he races up with the pace and because he travels so well he often finishes in the places at decent prices, he is well drawn to latch onto the pace and he is actually only 1lb above last winning mark. 2pt win Flying Applause 5/1 bet365 1pt e/w The Wee Chief 12/1 hills 4.30 Newcastle Front runners often do well at Newcastle even on fast ground but it becomes even more prominent on soft ground like today. Ay Tay Tay has become a front runner recently and that has seen a marked improvement with the cheek pieces and tongue tie left off. Has the stamina for further so this stiff track is not a concern and is effectively 6lb ahead of the handicapper in this handicap today and clearly found his feet of late and first win came on softish ground. 2pt win Ay Tay Tay 4/1 vc

Re: Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread Not the most interesting day of racing today but saving the pennies for a big day tomorrow looks some really good racing this weekend!! 3.40 Folkestone We Have A Dream will be hard to beat if repeating his effort last time out he has tumbled in the weights and even under a penalty looks well treated having placed countless times last season off much higher marks but the presence of so many other front runners in this small field could set it up for a finisher and that only really leaves Curtains and Ray Of Joy, Ray of joy looks high enough in the weights but Curtains could still be well treated and looks a big price. She won in confident style on the AW back in march when fresh and she beat the inform Norville who has since gone up 21lb in the handicap but Curtains herself has been a bit of a no show in latest runnings but they have been in a very competitive handicap and also a listed event last time out which was always gonna be too much for her! Now returns to the track fresh and dropped another 3lb in the weights so is now only 2lb above last winning mark and she has won on turf before. 1pt e/w Curtains 11/1 hills 7.45 Chester Captivator clearly doesnt stand much racing and clearly goes well fresh, she won first time up this season in a weak AW maiden, but stepped up on that form next time out again going fresh on handicap debut winning easily off a mark of 75 winning by 2 1/4lengths but could have won by any number of lengths she was an easy winner that day, up 7lb for that effort but a repeat of last effort will mean she is hard to beat, well drawn in stall 1 if racing up with the pace and not getting shuffled back the only unknown is the slightly softer ground although she has form on good ground last year so any further drying will help her. 3pt win Captivator 2/1 pp 9.10 Newmarket Lucky Art is in the form of his life at the moment but this field has loads of other front runners in the field which is a concern, Medici Time and Lujeanie love strongly run races and Lujeanie for me is the standout value bet in this race. Yard has finally turned the corner with their runners coming back into form and several look well handicapped now, he won over this course last year off a 1lb lower mark and although that was over 6f and all his best form has come over 6f, but Newmarkets 5f is a stiff one and with this full of front runners his stamina and turn of foot could stand him in with a good chance. 1pt e/w Lujeanie 14/1 bet365

Re: Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread Newcastle 2.30 I feel the bottom 2 in this handicap have a great chance. Klynch has been in fantastic form recently like many of the yards runners was badly out of form for a long time and slipped a long way in the weights and has since been making hay in handicaps. Couldnt have been more impressive last time out at Ayr over 6f on soft ground, up 9lb for that effort and also a step up in grade aswell but did look impressive last time and creeps into the bottom of the weights here and was rated much higher in his younger days. Ideally suited to the soft ground aswell although low draw not ideal. The other runner at the bottom of the handicap which makes plenty of appeal is Roker Park who also has slipped a long way in the weights before cashing in last time out, up 5lb for that effort more than fair in my opinion and still very well handicapped on best form having won off a 5lb higher mark. Kept on well last time out as if he still had something left, that was on fast ground but is another that is better suited to softer ground and is also well drawn in stall 15. 1pt win Klynch 15/2 bet365 1pt win Roker Park 11/2 bet365 3.05 Newcastle A wide open renewal but looking at the market the top of the market is where to concentrate for me. Overturn is going to try and repeat his effort last year and is more than likely to try and make it from the front again. He is now 13lb higher than last year, and I am also concerned about the softer ground as all his impressive front running tactics have been on fast ground and the softer ground just might stretch him with better handicapped horses for all he is better drawn this year and another worry is the use of a 5lb claimer in such a tactical rough race. Activate looks a useful horse in the making but he is drawn out wide which is a major concern and is a horse that is gonna need cover and produced late and will need a lot of luck in the running and therefore looks a bit risky at the moment. Deauville Flyer is another that has been fairly positive in the market but again has to come from a wide draw today and has clearly been trained with this race in mind again having been very unlucky in running in this last year. 3lb higher this year but probably needs to find something a little more to beat some better handicapped horses. For me Harlestone Times looks a massive stand out bet. Again has clearly been trained with this race in mind having a light season this far with a good comeback effort before getting back on the winning trail last time out beating Nave by just under a length, stayed on very strongly and looked a stayer in the making and breeding certainly offers hope for longer trips bringing out further improvement. Up 7lb for the win last time out but is still lightly raced and clearly unexposed and open to bags of further improvement. Soft ground is no concern and yard remain in good form and well drawn in stall 5 aslong as not getting shuffled back in the beginning. 2pts e/w Harlestone Times 7/1 bet365 4.45 Newcastle Grams And Ounces looks a massive price, he hasnt had a race go his way this season all 3 races he has run in have been run at a steady pace and he needs a truely run race with a strong pace to close in on at the end. He should be guaranteed that today with Johnny Lesters Hair, San Cassino and Doctor Zhivago in the field. For all the races havnt been run to suit he has finished well in the last 2 starts. Handicap mark has remained static and still 7lb higher than last winning mark but the efforts so far this season make him still look well handicapped and still relatively unexposed. Soft ground is again in his favour here only concern is Newcastle doesnt often pay to the strengths of finishers. 1pt e/w Grams and Ounces 11/1 vc 4.30 Newmarket Zain Sharmardal was starting to cost his followers a bit too much but did win a maiden on the Rowley course in really good style and that form is working out well with the 2nd, 4th (maidens) and 7th(low grade hcp win) winning next time out. The 2nd then went on to be a very good second on a mark of 85 up at Ayr in a competitive race and Zain pulled well clear of that rival that day. He bettered that effort last time out at Goodwood when pulling well clear of the remainder of the field and only being beat by another unexposed and improving performer up another 4lb today but gets a handy age allowance in this handicap and clearly has more to offer. 2pt win Zain Sharmardal 11/4 hills 4.20 Chester Whozthecat could prove hard to get past today, he is a speedy sort that is well drawn in stall 1 has never missed the kick which is vital from stall 1. He isnt actually badly handicapped on best form having won off this mark on the AW in the spring just running respectively lately but the way this track suits front runners who could prove hard to pass. 2pt win Whozthecat 6/1 bet365

Re: Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread 3.05 Salisbury Interesting little handicap both Red Somerset and Free Tussy are better horses on the AW though have produced better efforts recently but whether theyre enough to win has to be questioned as this certainly looks stronger than the races Free Tussy has competeted in last twice. Penchesco's form nosedived the end of last year but so has his mark now but some average efforts over hurdles (beaten at 8/11fav last time out) has to again be called upon. For me Chief Exec is a small selection. Another horse which has much better form on the AW with all wins gained on the AW mostly over 7f and 1mile but does have some form on the turf and was more than encouraging last time out when getting slowly away but finished with some promise from a very unpromising position. That was his first try at further than 1mile and he appeared to appreciate it and if building upon that surely he can break his duck on the turf especially as he is rated 18lb higher on the AW and last win on the AW came off a 15lb higher mark and has the visor fitted for the first time in a while and has won in headgear before. 1pt e/w Chief Exec 7/1 bet365 4.10 Salisbury Mildoura continues to be under bet in my opinion simply because she is from an unfashionable yard. She looked very unlucky last time out whether she would have won has to be questioned but she was hampered in the final furlong when staying on and should appreciate this further step up in trip she looks an out and out stayer and she is tough and usually consistent, only 1lb higher today and has placed form off this mark and trip. Will appreciate the good ground and yard are in good form having had 2 big priced winners . 2pt e/w Mildoura 12/1 vc

Re: Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread 2.45 Pontefract Qeethaara looked a very well handicapped horse when bolting up in a apprentice handicap at Warwick only 4 days earlier goes unpenalised in this event but the worry has to be whether this comes to soon and I wouldnt wanna be backing at current 5/2 price. I like the chances of Wisemans Diamond who has slipped a long way in the weights having been largely out of form this season and end of last season. Has gone without a win for nearly 2 years now but now looks very well handicapped running off a 11lb lower mark than she last won off. There was more encouragement last time out when 3rd behind Classic Descent doing best of those up with a strong pace that was in first time blinkers and they have been retained again today, she probably found the ground slow enough last time out and todays faster ground will suit much more and also she has won over CD and run several good races at this course. 1pt win Wisemans Diamond 5/1 bet365

Re: Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread 5.30 Wolverhampton JustCallMeHandsome isnt always the most consistent and tends to pop up every now and again and always goes well round here winning 9 times and 8 of those over todays CD. Well handicapped on best form having been rated as high as 80 at his best, now down to 2lb below last winning mark and signs of a return to form last time out when staying on late under todays jockey who claims a very useful 7lb. Well drawn in stall 5 and perhaps would need some luck in running but he is a capable horse on his day 1pt win JustCallMeHandsome 8/1 bet365

Re: Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread 4.00 Brighton Achalas would be a confident selection if the ground softened up and you could be sure he would handle Brightons unique course and therefore im slightly against him despite him winning very easily last time out. Penang Cinta loves it around and all ground comes alike to him, he ran a game race in second over CD last time out before when the winner got a soft lead throughout. Should find a truer run race more to suit today and gets to run off the same mark. He is well handicapped on best form having won off a mark of 70 and now running off 61 and continues in good form this season alongside the rest of the yard which continue to go well. 1pt win Penang Cinta 5/1 bet365 7.30 Southwell Mid summer racing at Southwell on the fibresand can often prove easy pickings if you just search out CD form and I am surprised to see Shawkantango such a price. He is 4 from 4 over CD and goes well under Fitzpatrick and ran on readily over CD 3 starts back as if he had plenty more to come, has since ran 2 good races on turf off a lower mark to suggest he remains in fantastic form and only 5lb above last winning mark and is clearly unexposed on the fibresand and has plenty more to offer, not badly drawn in stall 7 as it is now often thought that the middle of the track to high draw is the best place to be on the flying five at southwell. 2pt win Shawkantango 9/2 hills

Re: Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread

5.30 Wolverhampton JustCallMeHandsome isnt always the most consistent and tends to pop up every now and again and always goes well round here winning 9 times and 8 of those over todays CD. Well handicapped on best form having been rated as high as 80 at his best, now down to 2lb below last winning mark and signs of a return to form last time out when staying on late under todays jockey who claims a very useful 7lb. Well drawn in stall 5 and perhaps would need some luck in running but he is a capable horse on his day 1pt win JustCallMeHandsome 8/1 bet365
Well done on that one mate :ok Watched the race at work and remembered someone tipping it up.

Re: Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread Cheers mirage was good to see the old boy win again! Just the one small bet today. 4.10 Yarmouth Cant get a much weaker race than this; Pockets Pick has no record fresh and was badly out of sorts end of last year. Clerical has also no record fresh and this mark has always proved beyond him. Greek Secret is another that has no record fresh and looked held last year. Bobbys Doll has been well beaten on all starts this year. Canadian Danehill has been in rapid decline for the past year or so. Macie is out of the handicap and shown little form to date. Gemiamaville is 0 from 19 and is another that has been well beaten on recent starts. That leaves me with just 2 left them being Imaginary Diva who will need to recover from 2 disappointing efforts but was a close second at Folkestone 3 starts ago and a repeat of that will see him go close, but for me The Tatling has to stand a massive chance in such a weak race. Long losing run backing up now sadly but he is a capable sort and he just keeps meeting 1 too good, last time out it was the rejuvinated Stonecrabstomorrow who was well handicapped, The Tatling looked an all over winner until he came storming through, up a 1lb for that but still looks well treated and his consistent nature has to see him go very close here. 2pt win The Tatling

Re: Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread 2.20 Sandown Doc Hay looks the tough nut to crack and I dont like backing short priced favourites but i cant see the 7/4 sticking around for long looks a massive price in my opinion. He has been in rapid improvement since switched yards and since been campaigned over 5f. Won with plenty of ease last time out another 7lb higher here but still 3lb ahead of the handicapper and aslong as the faster ground doesnt cause a problem he will prove hard to beat from an inform yard. Macidllion won last time out but would prefer the going to be a lot softer than this I feel and the other potential threat could come from Ritual who hasnt been seen for 8 months but was progressing well but yard form is very concerning lot of short priced beaten horses recently. 4pt win Doc Hay 7/4 bet365 5.05 Sandown Not sure Nibani can be supported until showing a little more conviction in a finish. Kitty Wells trys this trip for the first time and on breeding she should get it and is unexposed and open to improvement aslong as last time out effort was just disappointing because it was run at a dawdle and no other reason but he also meets another unexposed runner who has proven well being recently and that is Roberto Pegasus who won last time out and I wrote this about him last time out; Not a race I want to be getting to heavily involved in with severals these in form and running well but Roberto Pegasus might be a handicap blot aslong as he is fit to do himself justice tonight. On breeding wouldnt have wanted 1m2f on debut but needed every yard of it extra 2f surely has to be in his favour on that evidence and although that win came on soft ground relatives have done their winning on firm ground so that shouldnt be a problem. A mark of 74 is very lenient with the 3rd placed horse in that maiden Shallow Bay winning off a mark of 74 and placed off a mark of 84 twice in some hot handicaps this season. Also the 4th horse won next time out in a maiden and has been given a rating of 76 and he was nearly 8 lengths behind that day so a mark of 74 may be a big blot. Phelan yard are just about running to form and have had several placed horses. This race looks a lot weaker than that he was expected to make his return in, and the fact that there is now some cut in the ground is another plus. The yard have had a few runners go close including the admirable Ermyn Lodge at Ascot this week. Was made to work reasonably hard but would have learnt plenty from that and also should strip fitter again, will be interesting to see if faster ground will suit (has been pulled out of fast ground before) but is related to a very useful fast ground horse. Yard remains in good form for a small yard and a 4lb rise doesnt seem excessive for an unexposed improving sort that can only have more to come. 2pt win Roberto Pegasus 5/1 vc

Re: Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread 4.05 Beverley Noodle Blues Boy is an admirable consistent horse who has been in good form recently but although he has finished 2nd last twice he has been well held despite staying on in the finish and mark this high looks his holding point especially carrying top weight in this race, however his course form is impressive 3 from 6 so is a lively danger. Oldjoesaid used to be a lot better than this grade and has even been competitive in stronger races than this season but clearly not the force of old and would want ground softer than this ideally. For me Another Wise Kid looks a progressive 3yr old recieving a generous 5lb age allowance. He shaped promising last time out when winning by nearly 3lengths running on very strongly. Only 4lb higher today which looks extremely lenient, that was on good/soft ground but has won on fast ground over CD earlier in the season so course is no problem and should go very well at his first try in an all age handicap. 2pt win Another Wise Kid 2.35 Sandown Not a race to get to heavily involved in with several of these have a chance if you look deep enough but Duster looks a reasonable price and wouldnt be surprised if he were to drift further (make sure you take BOG). He bounced right back to his best at Warwick a couple of weeks ago and 5lb rise is fair he was slowly progressive last season and could perhaps be back on that path. This will be the most competitive event he has raced in but does scrape in here off a very low weight which could be a good thing as he doesnt look over big. Well drawn in stall 7 to be prominent again. He appeared to get home well over 7f last time out and a mile trip looks worth try and is related to a useful french 1m-1m4f horse so no forlorn hope on pedigree. Yard continue in great form and Hayley Turner is riding out of her skin this week. 1pt e/w Duster 16/1 vc 4.30 Haydock Kuanyao is worth another chance having been well down the field at Ascot on return. That should have blown the cobwebs out and he was hugely progressive last season winning all 3 starts and 3 starts prior to that in the Autumn of 2009. Clearly handles a slight testing 6f with wins coming at Newmarket and Salisbury which all have a similar incline to Haydocks 6f. He is 9lb above last winning mark and was progressing nicely and although last time out was a concern he was poorly drawn and shaped as if he was ridden with that in mind to be honest, much better drawn today in stall 10 which puts him in the middle to go where he likes. 2pts e/w Kuanyao 12/1 pp 4.55 Leicester Madame Kintyre looks a good bet in this race, she was a bit of a no show in maidens but has found her feet switched to 5f and starting out in handicap company off such a lowly mark. Won very easy off a mark of 60 on fast ground at Bath on handicap debut and did well in a very well contested 5f handicap at Newmarket on slower ground, is clearly suited to a stiff track as obviously gets further than 5f so a stiff truly run 5f suits her best, runs off the same mark today and still unexposed at this sort of trip for a yard in good form! 3pts win Madame Kintyre

Re: Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread 3.00 Brighton Plenty of CD winners in this lineup which I always think is important round here. Buxton goes well round here and 3 from 8 here but will need a strongly run race and not sure gonna get that today as there is only one confirmed front runner in the field in Screenprint and I wouldnt be surprised to see tactics change on that one after bombing out last time out from the front, he looks capable of winning a race off this mark but needs to learn to settle so therefore im against him aswell. Mandhooma is a bet of a standing dish around here with 15 runs to date with 6 wins all coming over this course and ran well last time out over a furlong to far and should find the return to 7f in his favour but will need a career best off a 2lb higher mark than last win for me Ivory Lace is a massive price she has been a bit of a resurgent recently which has been down to her being put in foal recently, she is a 4 time course winner she hasnt won for nearly 2 years but remains on last winning mark and recent efforts have certainly suggested she has turned the corner recently and has been getting on well with the very useful Harry Bentley who claims a handy 5lb. 1pt e/w Ivory Lace 8/1 vc 7.40 Windsor For me Taurus Twins has to go well again tonight. He was a winner 3 starts ago under a brilliant front running ride, then tried to do it again at Sandown in similar conditions and did best of those up with a furious pace and also came from a wide draw. You can totally forget his run last time out when he was unable to lead and was also hampered, looks the only confirmed front runner in the field tonight and shaped as if still in form and has won over CD back in April this year and that was on fast ground. 2pt win Taurus Twins 11/4 vc

Re: Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread 3.00 Pontefract Ponte's steep uphill finish takes some getting and that helps to rule out on of the chances on handicap marks that being Prince Apollo who has been running consistently until not staying the extra 2f last time out and therefore is unlikely to get the trip today. Daaweitza, Gold Rules, Desert Vision and Hidden Glory have shown little form recently, the bottom 3 of the weights Adlington, Idealism and Satin Love have also shown little on recent starts to suggest they can get involved in a race like this. King Kurt ran well this season but was a bitter disappointment last time out and needs to bounce back from that and not sure he is gonna get a soft time up front with Amazing Blue Sky in the field who is another worth considering having enjoyed a bit of a good spell but the over riding feeling is the handicapper is just in charge at the moment with a hefty rise for an easy success earlier in the season still 9lb above that winning mark and will probably find one or two coming for him in the final furlong. For me Eltheeb is an interesting runner he won with something in hand last time out at Beverley having met some trouble in running and clearly goes well over a stiff track and a race run at a good clip which is what you can guarantee with Amazing Blue Sky in here, this is only his 3rd start for Moore and still potentially more to come with the yard in superb form. 3pt win Eltheeb 4/1 vc 2.45 Wolverhampton A class 6 handicap full of quirky sorts. Tell Halaf landed a gamble in the winter and made a good return 2 weeks ago round here but the drop back to 6f is a worry having never shown much form over the trip and looks to need all of 7f and also hung quite badly last time out. Pinball is not one to trust at a short price, has often thrown a race away at the start and has even refused to race before, but he is a capable sort in a field like this. Has won off a 2lb higher mark in the past and last win came off a mark 48 and is now running off 50 but useful apprentice takes off a handy 5lb putting him below both winning marks, has never been the same horse on turf (although has won on turf) and should have atleast come on for the run last time out, well drawn in stall 1 here and is 1 from 1 over CD and looks a big price. 1pt e/w Pinball 16/1 vc 7.40 Southwell 'Never back a maiden in a handicap' is how the old saying goes well you havnt got a choice in this very weak event which is a Maiden Handicap. It might be worth taking a chance on Golden Emporer who comes from the in form Dalgleish yard who are in fantastic form. He showed plenty of promise in 3 flat starts in maidens beating some modest horses who have since gone on to handicaps and won off marks in the 50's and 60's which makes an opening mark of 55 for him workable, obvious main concern is he missed whole of last season and has been no great shakes over hurdles for new yard but the booking of hanagan is eye catching having had only 3 rides for the stable and winning on one of them. 1pt e/w Golden Emporer 10/1 vc

Re: Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread 3.00 Lingfield Really poor card at Lingfield today and this is probably the worst race of the lot to be honest. Country Road is rated 68 but has an attitude issue that often holds him back and also probably better on the AW and over further and will struggle off top weight in this event with better treated rivals. Fly By White is top rated and looks well treated at these weights but has shown very little this season having won a mile maiden last season at the end but that is starting to look worringly weak with not a single winner coming out of the race, she has failed to beat a rival in 2 starts this season and this trip looks to stretch her at the moment. Viewing could be the safest option of a bad bunch again attitude isnt exactly brilliant often looks a little reluctant to go past and flashes tail aswell but showed a lot more last time out than has been the case recently. Travelled very nicely into the race and looked a winner turning the home bend but failed to go through with the effort but did pull well clear of the remainder of the field and could make amends in this poor event. 3pts win Viewing 9/4 bet365 3.20 Catterick Puy Darnac looks a massive price in this field, admitly does meet several inform rivals today but you could also say he is in form aswell and has a good strike rate round here 6 runs with 3 wins. He won a weak selling hurdle recently and followed that up with a fair third last time out goes 3f further today and has won over this trip before. The horse behind him last time out went on to win off a 2lb lower mark next time out and if the step up in trip brings out a little more he has to be in the shake up. He is on his last winning mark and although softer conditions would suit better he is capable of going on faster ground aswell with the yard in fantastic form. 1pt e/w Puy Darnac 9/1 lads 7.20 Kempton Lord Of The Reins is worth a small interest in a fiercely competitive event not the best drawn in stall 11 but he is a hold up horse and will need to be tucked in anyhow and need some luck. Has since changed yards and not seen for 84 days, yard dont have many horses or runners but they do have a good strike rate at Kempton that is worth noting from 34 runners 8 winners with a LSP of +10.38 and to strength the stats furth Buick has ridden for the yard 8 times and winning 3 times and a LSP of +17.50! He isnt badly handicapped still even after winning his last 2 races now runs off a mark of 72, 6lb higher for latest win but that was a relatively easy success, has won off a mark of 75 and even 80 in his prime and if he is ready to go for the new yard he could still be dangerous. 1pt e/w Lord of the Reins 12/1 lads (make sure you take BOG as would expect to drift)

Re: Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread 4.40 Newarket Perrfect Blossom did really well last year for the Ryan team winning 6 times but signs the handicapper is catching up or racing caught up with her end of last year and wasnt hard pushed on first start of the season having got behind (usually races up with the pace) but probably needed to show more to be of interest here. Five Star Junior is not as good on turf and hasnt been at best recently. Whozthecat bombed out last time out at Chester after getting an awful start from a prefect stall and never landed a blow and needs to bounce back. Jamesway is becoming extremely frustrating often finishing off his races well but never quite gets there and if your happy to take that risk yet again he might be worth a small bet but for me he is too skinny for that sort of risk. Lujeanie looks a standout bet here for me, he won over 6f round here last summer and went close a couple weeks ago but over todays trip of 5f. Has never won over 5f but showed plenty last time out. Forcing the pace as he clearly stays the trip so that suited him getting a truly run race (should get that today with so many front runners in the field), was unlucky to bump into a rejuvinated useful sort in Medici Time last time out but they pulled well clear of the rest of the field and 3rd has gone on to win since off same mark and that form looks fairly solid, he will need a career best but looks to have returned in good heart and looks a lot more straightforward than most in this field! 2pts win Lujeanie 6/1 bet365 3.45 Folkestone A field full of out of shape horses and that makes Kadouschki look a very big price, 4 maidens in the race and although Swordsman is well below last winning mark he hasnt shown anything recently. Kadouchski bounced back to form last few runs, all flat form has come on the AW but is a useful hurdler on his day off a mark just into the 100's which makes his flat mark look very lenient off just 56, up 3lb for latest 2nd but pulled well clear of a modest bunch. That was under todays inexperienced jockey who is still looking for her first win and she isnt gonna get many easier opportunities than this. 5pts win Kadouchski 2/1 betfred 5.00 Warwick Fabreeze looks an interesting runner in this race, he was a comfortable winner off todays mark at kempton nearly 3 years ago and looked a really good sprinter in the making unfortunately had problems since and only seen once a year after and finished last after a totally disgusting start when a false start was called but unfortunately they had gone far enough so you can forget that run but questions over why he has now been off for another 2 years is a massive concern but good sign that same yard persevere with him and they obviously feel he still has potential. Also the eye shields are an interesting addition for a first run for nearly 2 years, I take the view they wouldnt be added if he wasnt fit to do himself justice as they are usually added like blinkers to spice a horse up when in the doldrums so would expect a big run from a yard that is going well. 2pt e/w Fabreeze 12/1 vc

Re: Chris34's 2011 Flat Thread 2.35 York Anne Of Kiev must hold a solid chance to pick up a group win here at her first try in group company. Made hay in handicaps on the AW during the winter and continued that progression through into listed company. Then proved she was just as effective on turf as the AW surface by winning a listed event at Haydock in Mau and followed that up with an even better performance on less than ideal ground in the Wokingham at Royal Ascot finishing really well not quite getting there in the slower ground. The good ground shouldnt cause a problem on that evidence and should get a strong gallop to aim at with Rose Blossom and Puff in the field. Yard still in great form. 2pts win Anne Of Kiev 9/2 bet365 1.50 Newmarket Steps looked a porgressive sort last year in maidens on the AW, unlucky on return this year at Chester stumbling round home bend when looking to be going very well, was unbelievably sent off a big price next time out and duly got back on the upward curve winning very easily followed that up next time out over this course over 5f on good/soft ground again staying on very strongly so the return to 6f didnt ought to be a problem off a 5lb higher mark and clearly still ahead of the handicapper and yard continue in great form. 2pts e/w Steps 8/1 bet365 Ascot 2.50 Anyone who knows me will know which horse I am gonna tip up in this race. I wrote this about Roberto Pegasus last time out before being pulled out yet again on ground that wasnt ideal.

Not sure Nibani can be supported until showing a little more conviction in a finish. Kitty Wells trys this trip for the first time and on breeding she should get it and is unexposed and open to improvement aslong as last time out effort was just disappointing because it was run at a dawdle and no other reason but he also meets another unexposed runner who has proven well being recently and that is Roberto Pegasus who won last time out and I wrote this about him last time out; Not a race I want to be getting to heavily involved in with severals these in form and running well but Roberto Pegasus might be a handicap blot aslong as he is fit to do himself justice tonight. On breeding wouldnt have wanted 1m2f on debut but needed every yard of it extra 2f surely has to be in his favour on that evidence and although that win came on soft ground relatives have done their winning on firm ground so that shouldnt be a problem. A mark of 74 is very lenient with the 3rd placed horse in that maiden Shallow Bay winning off a mark of 74 and placed off a mark of 84 twice in some hot handicaps this season. Also the 4th horse won next time out in a maiden and has been given a rating of 76 and he was nearly 8 lengths behind that day so a mark of 74 may be a big blot. Phelan yard are just about running to form and have had several placed horses. This race looks a lot weaker than that he was expected to make his return in, and the fact that there is now some cut in the ground is another plus. The yard have had a few runners go close including the admirable Ermyn Lodge at Ascot this week. Was made to work reasonably hard but would have learnt plenty from that and also should strip fitter again, will be interesting to see if faster ground will suit (has been pulled out of fast ground before) but is related to a very useful fast ground horse. Yard remains in good form for a small yard and a 4lb rise doesnt seem excessive for an unexposed improving sort that can only have more to come.
Takes a marked step up in trip today off a 4lb higher mark, looking at breeding hard to find any evidence that he wants this far but that said yard do well with stayers and no what to look for so I trust a yard that continue ticking along. I expect ground to get softer than is officially now and therefore should suit and I am guessing if it doesnt he will be withdrawn again he is clearly hard to train and is delicate but has looked a useful sort and the form for his last win is working out well with 3rd, 4th and 8th winning next time out and 3rd won off a 1lb higher mark and Roberto pulled length and 1/4 clear of him so the 4lb rise looks more than fair! 5pts win Roberto Pegasus 9/2 lads 7.35 Chepstow Wrote this about Frognal last time before he became a non runner; For me they will have to go some way to beat Frognal, he showed signs of coming back to life for Ruth Carr before she dropped him into a seller and duly obliged and was then bought by another inform yard in the Guest yard, they got a handicap win out of him last time out at Leicester under todays jockey. That was even more of a surprise considering he got lose before the start and had a really good run around. He clearly isnt the easiest to keep tabs on often plays up at the start but has bags of ability and a 6lb rise looks very fair on the face of it and still remains well handicapped on best form as has been rated in the 90's. Also looks to prefer good ground these days rather than rattling ground so some rain would be welcomed. Same applies today and ground looks ideal on the slightly faster side of good and plenty of the other have lots of questions to answer aswell. Mujood has become very moody recently and looks like one to avoid, Galatian needs to bounce back from disappointing run last time out, Dr Wintringham doesnt always look to put everything in and doesnt win very often, Polar Annie is another that needs to bounce back from a disappointing run. The only other interesting runner could be Frozen Over who has only had 4 runs to date and could prove the biggest danger. 1pt win Frognal 6/1 lads