** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD 18th March

I've never made this thread before but I don't see one and I'm away out, woohoo, go virgin me. 2.40pm: 'Kilcrea Kim' 8/1 (ladbrokes) - Won a decent race last time out, stays 3m well, prior to that 4 lengths off Junior which was given quite the boost earlier. Will be on the premises. NAP

Re: BBOTD 18th March 19.50 Wolverhampton Black Coffee - 1 pt win @ SP ive done this horse last two times and hes done me well he loves this course and is going for a hatrick over this course and distance and should take the field well and theres no reason why he Shouldn't have a good run

Re: BBOTD 18th March 3.20 Cheltenham This is the biggy! To be honest I can’t wait for this race. Would love to see KAUTO STAR win again but the age stat would rule him out. Coupled with the fact that he may just be on the decline, I can’t be having him here. Certain other trends rule both DENMAN and IMPERIAL COMMANDER out. The last 10 winners of the race have all come from the first 3 in the betting which only leaves LONG RUN. His comfortable victory in the King George was pretty impressive and I fully expect him to be involved at the finish. 9 out of the last 10 winners were rated 166+ which also rules out some of the fancied horses such as PANDORAMA and MIDNIGHT CHASE. For some reason I really like the look of TIDAY BAY. The horse has shown some really high class form over hurdles and has won at Cheltenham before. He has finished second on his last 2 outings over fences, both times finishing strongly. If they go a good clip in this race, it could be set up nicely for him. The horses form at Cheltenham reads 1-2-2-1-1-3-4-1-7-2 and I hope he can add a 1 to that tomorrow. I think this horse can run a massive race tomorrow and at 20/1, I pretty happy to take that! Bets TIDAL BAY 20/1 Bet 365 WIN

Re: BBOTD 18th March I sure hate passing over my old friend Imperial commander in this race, he brung me my 2nd biggest pay day last year in the Gold Cup and i,ve more or less been with him from day one as a punter, i could still be punished. Today am going for the monkey in the race, am sure am not alone in saying i feel this horse has got some class in him but its finding the magic combination getting the big race win out him. Maybe today the 1st time blinkers will work, or maybe he will get his ground if the rain is not that bad, maybe its a combo of the both. Jockey Daryl Jacob does get on well with him and should know today what might be needed in getting him upfront at the exact moment and just maybe winning the Gold Cup. This is my No-1 Fav race and a race thats been very good to me over my years, i still don't feel great in passing over a very loyal servant over the years in Imperial commander, if he wins i will still rase a smile, But! he's not for me today. Cheltenham 3:20 What a Friend 1pt win 33/1 Coral. Sorry Paddy.

Re: BBOTD 18th March 2:05 Cheltenham - Get Me Out Of Here - 1pt @ 16/1 (PaddyPower) Today could be the day that Jonjo O'Neill's talented 7 year old finally gets off the mark this season. Get Me Out Of Here has been extremely disappointing this year, failing to win in 3 attempts, the first of which when sent off as a 5/2 favourite in a Listed contest at Ascot. He was given a tender ride by AP McCoy that day and came a poor 7th of 11, bringing those who touted him as a potential Champion Hurdle back down to earth. His next assignment was the Greatwood Hurdle, where he re-opposed the horse who touched him off by a head in last years Supreme Novices' Hurdle, Menorah. A head turned into 23 lengths, as the JP McManus owned gelding disappointed yet again, but he didn't really settle and was ridden with tender hands for the second time, with other days clearly in mind having seen his challenge weaken after 2 out. It was a similar story 4 weeks ago, where he lined up in the Totesport Trophy (won it last year). However, he was easy to back as the ground went against him with the race postponed by a week. Before that, he was well punted in the ante-post market and is obviously showing a bit at home. Get Me Out Of Here was bang there 2 out, going well until failing to pick up in the ground. He was allowed to jog his way home yet again and obviously didn't run up to abilities. He's now dropped 2lbs, to a mark of 148, which is certainly workable given his undoubted talent. The better ground and return to Cheltenham could see him in a much better light, with a place being a very likely outcome if he's tuned up and going all out, which is hard to know with O'Neill's horses, but I'll take my chances. He should prove to be a much better spring horse and his time could well be now. Jonjo has a grand record in this race, with 1 winner and 1 place from 6 runners. The yard had a welcomed winner yesterday with another animal who hasn't shown his true colours this season and I think that this fellow could follow suit, going on to hopefully land the £40,000 prize. The likely fast pace and big field should help him settle a lot better, which will be key to his chances, and assuming he does so, he has a huge chance of placing, much larger than the odds suggest. The last 4 winners of this race have been priced up at 20/1, 20/1, 50/1 & 12/1, so it's definitely worth siding with something well priced, which my selection undoubtedly is on last years form, where he had 4 wins and a 2nd from 5 runs. He has the scope to jump fences and should get further than this trip in time, but for the moment, I think he's a shoe-in to run a big race here and I'm having a sizable each-way chunk at the current 16/1, which is madness with 5 places being paid. If he runs to ability and last seasons form, he places or wins. If he runs to this seasons half-arsed attempts, he'll finish a modest 8th or 9th, barely ridden and saved for another day. Hopefully it's the former.

Re: BBOTD 18th March 0.5 pts e/w architrade 66/1 stan james 1.30 cheltenham ignoreing its last run were architrade just didnt fancy it from 3 or 4 out,im hopeing for the architrade from the 3 races before that which won all 3 races in class 2,3 and 4 company,with the going in september(its last win) good,good to soft in places the same as today i think architrade has a good chance of grabbing a place(1st place would be a bonus) 66/1 i think is a very good price,has won over this distance also :hope

Re: BBOTD 18th March 2.05 Chelt I really liked the way Alarazi won last week and I think he beat a very good horse that day. Travelled brilliantly the whole way and looked like the winner a few furlongs out. Hopefully he won't bounce here and if he doesn't he'll take the world of beating. 1 Pt win 8/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD 18th March 1.30 chelts: Sam winner 1pt win @ SP nicholl's has a strong hand here and of the two I can't get away from Sam winner. Has o be forgiven lto defeat at Chepstow but that wasn't the horses running and the c&d win foe this horse is some of the strongest available and is my idea of the winner.

Re: BBOTD 18th March W6.50 Empress Leizu 0.5pt E/W 8/1 William Hill This one has absolutely everything in its favour today. It's only 2 career wins have come over this course and distance, the last of which was off the same handicap mark as todays. The horses only other win was the only time that todays jockey has sat on the horse and todays booking has to be a major positive. Finally, the stable is absoultely flying and couldn't be in better form, 8/1 looks a great price.

Re: BBOTD 18th March 130 Ch: Sam Winner 6/1 Bet365 Sam Winner's run earlier in year here is the best novice form of the season in my book and last time was bogged down in the ground so expect him to bounce back today. Backed him ante post at double figure prices so the 6/1 looks skinny for a race like this but cant desert him now. I rate Third Intention as a danger and Local Hero could be a surprise too but Nicholls has this one spot one he should win.

Re: BBOTD 18th March 14:05 Cheltenham Alarazi has made great progress since going hurdling and he was pretty useful on the flat as well - rated 95. His first couple of runs over the hurdles were nothing to shout about but he was chucked straight int oa grade 2 race for his first try over hurdles. After around 20 months off the hurdles and around 15 months off the track he won a novice event at Leicester to rid his hurdling maiden tag. Since then he finished 3rd and 4th in novice events before entering handicap company for the first time off a mark of 118 where he finished a creditable 2nd over todays course and distance. He was only beaten a short head after being headed on the last stride. Raised 8lbs for that but he bounced back with a win just 6 days ago at Sandown when he won a listed race, the Imperial Cup, off a mark of 126. Only raised 5lbs for that win and its clear he is still on the upgrade so he must have big chances here today, especially since the form suggests he acts well at this course which is always a big positive. E/W Alarazi @ 8/1 (>Bet365 - BOG - 1/4 odds - 1,2,3,4,5)

Re: BBOTD 18th March Lingfield 2.30 - Better Self 1 pts win @ 6/4 with Bet365 I fancy Better Self on these terms weight wise with Silly Billy who is just about fav atm. Better Self beat him last time they met over c&d and Im expecting that form to be confirmed again and if it is should be good enough for a Better Self win.

Re: BBOTD 18th March 4.00 Cheltenham - 1pts win Astracad @ 33/1 (VC) One I fancy at a price if the rain stays away is Astracad. I think NTD could have a fantastic Friday and despite this one not being his most likely winner, could run a blinder. On good ground or better his form reads 21131. Has course form with a good 4l victory over Organisateur in October with Lucaindubai in 3rd. These 3 were clear. Organisateur is 30lbs higher in the weights now (rated 158), and Lucaindubai ran an excellent 4th in the Imperial Cup at the weekend. Has been running in better races since, in the Greatwood Hurdle (8th of 17). Then ran a 13l 6th behind Menorah, Cue Card and Silvinano Conti, before meeting Bobs Worth last time out. Was beaten 22l in 6th (giving weight) but on all three of those runs, the ground was on the soft side. Back in a handicap here, can outrun his price if the ground stays in his favour. Big question mark though with rain forecasted.

Re: BBOTD 18th March 4:40 Indian Daudaie @ Cheltenham -Ran well on British racecourse debut finishing 3rd in a grade 2 only beat by about 4 lengths.Finished 5th in a grade 1 at Leapordstown since then behind one of the horses fancied in the Triumph Hurdle Unaccompanied.The step up in trip and the ground should suit and can get involved at a good price 0.5pt E/W @ 25/1 Ladbrokes

Re: BBOTD 18th March Secret Dancer 2.05 Cheltenham. 0.5 points each way. A bit hit and miss, but does have the ability to go well in a fast run race and should get that today. The trip and ground's not a problem and I feel he'll be involved in the fight for the line up the hill. I'll have the 16/1 with Stan James.

Re: BBOTD 18th March MISS WENDY 2.20 Fakenham. 0.5 points each way. Needs to find a bit on the book, but unexposed over hurdles and will find this race a little easier today. The ground has come right for her and the trip isn't a concern, so with being a fair price and being trained by the shrewd Mark Tompkins, I'd be a player in what looks a weak sort of race. 14/1 with Paddy Power for competition purposes.

Re: BBOTD 18th March From BKI Punter BBOTD: 1:30 Chelt A Media Luz EW - 10/1 (VC) She was a very smart flat horse running well behind the likes of Sarafina in France before joining Nicky Henderson. Her NH debut was impressive for me, given the circumstances. She was free to post and subsequently pulled hard for the first minute of the race, which gave her no chance. Geraghty allowed her to stride on but she weakened as you'd expect. Her jumping really caught the eye, extremely quick and fluent over the obstacles. Just 16 days later she went to Newbury where she finished second to current favourite and stable-mate, Grandouet. I don't think this is her true form at all. She was held up quite some way back and you can bet the objective was just to get her to settle and finish her race, which she did. Despite Grandouet not coming off the bridle, she galloped all the way to the line and still put considerable distance between herself and the third placed horse. Another short break and she was at Kempton, up against the well-regarded Brampour. She travelled easily and jumped brilliantly before not getting her front legs high enough and falling at the second last when under a tight reign. She traded at very short odds to win and it's likely that she might not have come off the bridle had she stayed up. She then put in a pleasing display at Huntingdon to easily beat Pantxoa, albeit in reciept of weight. Again, her jumping caught the eye and she chased the strong pace of Two Kisses throughout, taking the lead before two out and going on to win, eased down, by 18 lengths. Now, I'm not sure this Triumph bunch are that inspiring. I think the experienced she's gained will see her at her best here. She's also experienced the course, which she seemed to handle well. Hopefully they'll go off quick so she'll settle, as that's my only worry.

Re: BBOTD 18th March Highlife Dancer 16-1 Bet365 5.05 Lingfield Has been running in better class races, down to a mark of 70 and has 5lb claimer on board. Looks to me to be up against poorer horses yet some are in form. Give this a chance at the weights and its drifting too which is not good but doesn't put me off.

Re: BBOTD 18th March Phil your bet was too late. Evening bets still to run

19.50 Wolverhampton Black Coffee - 1 pt win @ SP ive done this horse last two times and hes done me well he loves this course and is going for a hatrick over this course and distance and should take the field well and theres no reason why he Shouldn't have a good run
W6.50 Empress Leizu 0.5pt E/W 8/1 William Hill This one has absolutely everything in its favour today. It's only 2 career wins have come over this course and distance, the last of which was off the same handicap mark as todays. The horses only other win was the only time that todays jockey has sat on the horse and todays booking has to be a major positive. Finally, the stable is absoultely flying and couldn't be in better form, 8/1 looks a great price.

Re: BBOTD 18th March 7.50 Wolverhampton - High Five Society 14/1 Ladbrokes E/W Competitive race this and i think Black Coffee is well worth opposing at 9/4, just got up last time out and 3lbs higher in a more competitive race i think he'll struggle. Chief Exec has never been straight forward but won well last time out, only a small rise in the weights but this longer trip is a worry. Only ever won at 8f once and this should be a truly run race, i'm not sure this trip will suit. Kyle Of Bute wont get an easy lead, is up in the weights without winning in weaker races than this, opposable. Northern Flyer is looking progressive and won well enough from a break lto, was gifted that race though and wont get an easy time if trying to lead, career high mark to win off as well. The money for Beetuna is interesting and is looking well handicapped, cant be backed at the price but is a danger. High Five Society had a decent 2010 flat season, winning twice easily on the flat off marks of 60 and 66 in apprentice races. Comes here off 63 with Declan Cannon claiming 5lbs. Has a good record here winning 3 times from 14 starts with the trip not a worry. Returned from a 3 month break last time out in an apprentice race travelling well, was put in the lead that day by Leonna Mayor which wasnt ideal. Should strip fitter for that run and from stall 1 should get plenty of cover hopefully being held up where his best form has been shown. Trainer Roy Bowring has had 2 winners from his last 4 runners. I'll take a punt at a big price.