** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Norwegian Tippeligaen 2011

Re: Norwegian Tippeligaen 2011 Maybe but I do not dare predict. 19 rounds are left, RBK has good players and the transfer window will be open shortly, everything can happen. Fact that they did not play as a top team so far under coach Jan Jönsson but they have only 5-8 points disadvantage behind the top three teams, I see around 20-25% chance to win the title.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Norwegian Tippeligaen 2011 Hey ETO, any opinions or info on the game tomorrow Viking : Rosenborg ? I find it good value 2,25 for Rosenborg to win. Althought Viking won last two games I think Rosenborg should grab this. What you think ? Thanks! :notworthy

Re: Aalesund FK – Lillestrøm SK

Kick-off: 25/Jun 18:00 CET Pick: Aalesund FK Odds: 2,10 @ Bet365 Stake: 6/10 Aalesund impressed a lot this season. I put against them last week and I lost those bet becouse they did not lose against Brann away from home, it was not a game like I expected, Brann was poor. Aalesund was good at defence and midfield as usually and very weak at attack – as usually, forward players Sellin and Olsen looked terrible but Barrantes scored a goal and saved one point for his team deservedly. For this game Phillips and Morrison are both returning after four weeks from the Jamaican National Team, they are regular players, especially Phillips is very important attacking midfielder. It means that superb coach Kjetil Rekdal can use the best starting eleven, only a few reservist guys are injured or doubtful. Aalesund played cup game this midweek at home and won by convincing manner against Sarpsborg. The opponent was not bad during the first half but the second half was totally different, AFK dominated, created a lot of chances and finally won by 3-0 deservedly. Lillestrøm was good against Strømsgodset and won by 4-2 last week, Ujah scored all four goals. He and two other young but very talented players Nosa Igiebor and Sigurdarson constitute the excellent attacking section but Igiebor is out due to suspension, it is a big blow for LSK. Regular right midfielder Knudtzon is still out, injured. Anyway Lillestrøm did not impress me lately, it could be a hard clash for them. They played NM Cup match this midweek away from home and they were defeated against Rosenborg after penalties. That was a dramatic match, Rosenborg was slightly better and could have won before the extra time but missed a huge chance, the result was 1-1. Thereafter came extra time, RBK had a few chances but LSK took the lead then RBK equalized and won after penalties (4-1). Aalesund has serious advantages for this game. They use artificial grass at home while Lillestrøm uses natural grass. The hosts are playing two times at home during three days, the visitors are playing two away games which one took during 120 minutes. Aalesund welcome back two key players, Lillestrøm will miss one of best midfielders and I think the team’s form are also opposite, AFK should win this one. Odds are dropping but still represents great value.
Not much too add really but Ujah will also be missing I believe due to him signing for Mainz?

Not much too add really but Ujah will also be missing I believe due to him signing for Mainz?
You are right but I did not know this one yesterday when I wrote my preview. It is more disadvantage for LSK. :hope

Re: Norwegian Tippeligaen 2011

Hey ETO' date=' any opinions or info on the game tomorrow Viking : Rosenborg ? I find it good value 2,25 for Rosenborg to win. Althought Viking won last two games I think Rosenborg should grab this. What you think ? Thanks! :notworthy[/quote'] I am not sure, Viking improved a lot lately. I am staying away from this match or I will put on Viking, I have not decided yet.

Hey ETO' date=' any opinions or info on the game tomorrow Viking : Rosenborg ? I find it good value 2,25 for Rosenborg to win. Althought Viking won last two games I think Rosenborg should grab this. What you think ? Thanks! :notworthy[/quote'] Viking Suspended: None Doubtful: None Injured/unavailable: Andre Danielsen (knee ligaments), Patrik Ingelsten (knee), Tommy Knarvik (hamstring), Tomasz Sokolowski (thigh) Viking have four players out for considerable periods. Longest of all absences will be Patrik Ingelsten’s – the striker has not played all season thanks to a knee injury, and is likely to miss the entire year. Good midfielder Tomasz Sokolowski is going to be out for a while with a “mystery” thigh injury, and another midfielder, Tommy Knarvik, will also be absent for an unknown period with a hamstring pull. Andre Danielsen, a regular defender, needs another three weeks at least to recover from an injury to his knee ligaments. For the visitors, attacking midfielder Daniel Fredheim Holm pulled a leg muscle just after scoring in the 3-1 victory against Tromso, and will be out for between two and three weeks. Boti Goa and Michael Kleppe Jamtfall, two forwards, are out for the whole season with knee injuries. Meanwhile, Jon Inge Hoiland’s recovering ankle problems mean he is still highly doubtful. Rosenborg Suspended: None Doubtful: Jon Inge Hoiland (ankle) Injured/unavailable: Daniel Fredheim Holm (leg), Boti Goa (knee), Michael Kleppe Jamtfall (knee)

You are right but I did not know this one yesterday when I wrote my preview. It is more disadvantage for LSK. :hope
1-0 Aalesund :ok I didn't get the price you got but still happy with 1.80 which was value considering Lillestrom's top 2 strikers were missing.

Re: Norwegian Tippeligaen 2011 Cheers, mate! :cheers Aalesund was poor during the first half but took the lead by a late goal. Second half was different - likely Rekdal rebuked his guys - Aalesund was much better and won deservedly.

Cheers, mate! :cheers Aalesund was poor during the first half but took the lead by a late goal. Second half was different - likely Rekdal rebuked his guys - Aalesund was much better and won deservedly.
as what you have guessed :cheers

Viking FK - Rosenborg BK Kick-off: 26/Jun 20:00 CET Pick: Viking FK (+0,25) Odds: 2,03 @ 188Bet Stake: 6/10 Viking has had a terrible season start and a lot of disappointed and angry fans. But they have a very experienced coach Age Hareide who can work under huge pressure. Sports director Egil Østenstad have left the club but Hareide did not give up the fight and continued the hard work despite a lot of attack. He had two weeks to thinking about the winning tactics after the 10th round and Viking started well this hard period when the teams have to play a lot of games, they lost against Haugesund due to missed chances but then they won over Brann (3-0) and Stabæk (1-0) and knocked out Haugesund from the NM Cup after 0-2 half time result. Nevland – who performed under his skills so far – scored two goals and played well. Hareide made changes within the team a few weeks ago, Neveland had to pass the captain title to Sigurdsson, young talent Landu plays as defensive midfielder – he was right back – and performed well, and the team plays with much more determination. Sokołowski, Knarvik, Danielsen and Ingelsten are still injured, it does not affect the things, we saw another Viking in the last rounds. On the other side Rosenborg also performed under the expectation. Yes, they also won the last three meetings include the Cup match against Lillestrøm however, this improvement was not so huge like which Viking shown. Rosenborg beat Aalesund away from home after 19 days resting with a luckily goal and a penalty while Aalesund played three days before that match. Thereafter Tromsø suffered a defeat against them but the match was tighter than the result shows, Rosenborg took the lead in the 89th minute, than most of Tromsø players tried to attack and RBK scored another goal and won by 3-1. Deserved win but was not too easy. Most of punters favoured current champions Rosenborg and put money on them, that’s gotta be the reason for this quite high price. I think RBK is not the favourite here, Viking players are in fire and they are very motivated against the champions with huge self confidence.

Sogndal Fotball - Fredrikstad FK Kick-off: 26/Jun 14:00 CET Pick: Sogndal Fotball (+0) Odds: 1,82 @ 188Bet Stake: 6/10 Sogndal is still on the last place. They are playing defensive minded football, tries to keep the clean sheet and score a goal if it is possible. Their squad is not too strong, two central defenders Scheel and Hovland and goalkeeper Udjus make sure the closed defence while attacking midfielder Halvorsen tries to help the attacks but the others are quite poor, especially the forward players who are unable to score a single goal. But if we see the last five home games we can say that they are not hopeless at their home stadium. They played a draw with second ranked Tromsø but Sogndal was closer to the win, then came another draw against Viking, a win against Lillestrøm (2-0, Lillestrøm was not bad at all but the home win was fair). Thereafter suffered a defeat against Vålerenga (0-1) after played NM Cup match in midweek while Vålerenga did not play because eliminated earlier and Sogndal did not deserve lose in my opinion. Finally they won over Haugesund two weeks ago. They lost the last two games – both away from home – against Molde (0-2) and Brann (NM Cup: 2-2, 2-3 with penalties). Well, Molde was not much better and the Cup game was totally boring, Sogndal played defensive football while Brann showed poor performance. For this game team captain E. Bakke is injured but he is far away from his top form and did not play well. Another regular midfielder Furebotn and a few reservist guys are still injured. Fredrikstad started well this season but then changed their form and had poor results lately. Let’s see their last six league games. Firstly they beat Vålerenga by 3-1, FFK took the lead with a luckily goal, Vålerenga pressured in the second half but the hosts scored more goals, VIF was not bad at all. Then came two defeats against Molde and Strømsgodset without serious winning chance, a home draw with one of the worst travellers Sarpsborg, and two more defeats against Start and Odd Grenland. All in all they had only a single good game from the six, they played well against Sarpsborg. Team captain Borges is back from the Gold Cup and helped his team this midweek when beat Odd Grenland in the NM Cup away from home. It worth a few words, he missed last four rounds, he is rated as key attacker but he did not show outstanding performance - plays well but nothing special, Elyounoussi was much better in my opinion - so his return won’t give really great push to Fredrikstad. Regular right defender Gamboa and regular midfielder Amin Askar are suspended, key left back Thomassen is doubtful but will play probably. It will be hard to beat Sogndal at home who need every single point. They are on the last place and must win at home against Fredrikstad, I can not imagine away win, Fredrikstad is not strong enough for this at the moment.

hi mate eto what you think start-valerenga today?
Simply no bet for me. Start coach Knut Tørum has left the club after lose against Haugesund and Frode Fredriksen led the team against Strømsgodset. They won by 1-0 but it was luckily, Godset was better. Regular central defender A. Pepa and midfielder Oluyi are injured. I must waiting at least 2-3 rounds before turns out the team will be better or not. Vålerenga did not play cup match on midweek. Regular defender Stoor is injured while Ogude (reg. mid/att) is suspended. Start is strong at home basically but VIF showed better performance lately and they rested a full week, unpredictable match.

i don't belive this' date=' sogndal was the better side in the opening minutes and then they concede a stupid goal. :wall:wall unbelievable :@:wall:puke[/quote'] I think Sogndal does not can win this game. That is a bad sign if the opponents lead against them. Unfortunately they were unable to keep without conceded goal and missed their chances, I do not see much hope.

i know that ETo' date=' i lost all hope when they made that stupid mistake and conceded the goal. the second half just terrible. no real chance. FFK will probably score the second[/quote'] didn't even draw :eyes

Re: Norwegian Tippeligaen 2011 Sarpsborg vs Brann Pick: Away win Sarpsborg is the newcomer in Norvegian Tippeligaen and they are playing not bad so far. Currently they are occupying the 13th position (with a game in hand) and are out of relegation zone. But coach Roar Johansen has one big problem for this match - the best striker Oyvind Hoas is out due to injury. He has played all 12 games so far and has scored 5 goals. It is clear his absence will be very big handicap for Sarpsborg. Three more players are doubtful - the first goalkeeper Joachim Heier (he was injured on cup game against Aalesund at Wednesday and was replaced) and two regular midfielders - Tobias Henanger and Michael Ron. Both players are important, even Henanger is still without a single match in Tippeligaen. Ron has played 8 games and even scored 2 goals for Sarpsborg this season. It is clear Sarpsborg will be very handicapped for this match. On contrary, the situation in Brann squad is very good as coach Rune Skarsfjord has all players available. Even more, one of the best players Rodolph Austin returned back to the club after his Gold Cup campaign with Jamaica in United States. In situation like this, when Sarpsborg is definitely without the best striker Hoas and probably without few more key players, I think Brann will win at Sarpsborg Stadium.

Sarpsborg vs Brann Pick: Away win Sarpsborg is the newcomer in Norvegian Tippeligaen and they are playing not bad so far. Currently they are occupying the 13th position (with a game in hand) and are out of relegation zone. But coach Roar Johansen has one big problem for this match - the best striker Oyvind Hoas is out due to injury. He has played all 12 games so far and has scored 5 goals. It is clear his absence will be very big handicap for Sarpsborg. Three more players are doubtful - the first goalkeeper Joachim Heier (he was injured on cup game against Aalesund at Wednesday and was replaced) and two regular midfielders - Tobias Henanger and Michael Ron. Both players are important, even Henanger is still without a single match in Tippeligaen. Ron has played 8 games and even scored 2 goals for Sarpsborg this season. It is clear Sarpsborg will be very handicapped for this match. On contrary, the situation in Brann squad is very good as coach Rune Skarsfjord has all players available. Even more, one of the best players Rodolph Austin returned back to the club after his Gold Cup campaign with Jamaica in United States. In situation like this, when Sarpsborg is definitely without the best striker Hoas and probably without few more key players, I think Brann will win at Sarpsborg Stadium.
Good info :ok However, I still think that the value is on home side and 2.60 at centrebet is fantastic price for a team who lost only one match at home so far. Another decent bet in my opinion is Under 2.5 goals (2.10 and higher). Apart from 2-4 defeat to Lillestrom, Sarpsborg conceded only one goal in other 5 home games this season. Team news are favoring the away side, but I base my bets on stats, and will stick to it here. Good luck anyway :ok

Sarpsborg vs Brann Pick: Away win Sarpsborg is the newcomer in Norvegian Tippeligaen and they are playing not bad so far. Currently they are occupying the 13th position (with a game in hand) and are out of relegation zone. But coach Roar Johansen has one big problem for this match - the best striker Oyvind Hoas is out due to injury. He has played all 12 games so far and has scored 5 goals. It is clear his absence will be very big handicap for Sarpsborg. Three more players are doubtful - the first goalkeeper Joachim Heier (he was injured on cup game against Aalesund at Wednesday and was replaced) and two regular midfielders - Tobias Henanger and Michael Ron. Both players are important, even Henanger is still without a single match in Tippeligaen. Ron has played 8 games and even scored 2 goals for Sarpsborg this season. It is clear Sarpsborg will be very handicapped for this match. On contrary, the situation in Brann squad is very good as coach Rune Skarsfjord has all players available. Even more, one of the best players Rodolph Austin returned back to the club after his Gold Cup campaign with Jamaica in United States. In situation like this, when Sarpsborg is definitely without the best striker Hoas and probably without few more key players, I think Brann will win at Sarpsborg Stadium.
Well done :ok

Fair bit of knowledge on this game, i had £100 stake at 8/5 Received £160.

Wednesday 29 June 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Fredrikstad v Haugesund (17:00 BST) 1.8 4 5.2 99.79 %
maximize.gif Lillestrøm SK v Start (17:00 BST) 1.83 4.03 4.62 101.00 %
maximize.gif VÃ¥lerenga v Molde (19:00 BST) 2.1 3.75 3.8 100.60 %
Thursday 30 June 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Brann v Odd Grenland (18:00 BST) 1.94 3.76 4.33 101.22 %
maximize.gif Viking FK v Sarpsborg 08 (18:00 BST) 1.75 4.06 5.43 100.19 %

Vålerenga IF – Molde FK Kick-off: 29/Jun 20:00 CET Pick: Vålerenga IF (-0,5) Odds: 2,05 @ Pinnacle Stake: 6/10 Vålerenga has been easier schedule during the last weeks, they did not play in the first half of June, the game against Odd Grenland was postponed and they eliminated from NM Cup. Their first game was on 19th June when beat Sarpsborg, clear victory, Enga dominated especially during the first half. One week afterwards followed another win against Start away from home. The team was not so overpowering like last year but improved comparing the previous months. Right back F. Stoor and key attacker M. Berre are still injured, regular midfielder F. Ogude – who played as attacker lately – is back after served his one match suspension. Molde has been difficult period in these weeks and played a lot of games the players are quite tired. I have seen only once convincing performance from their last four meetings, that was the NM Cup match against Adeccoligaen team Hønefoss. Otherwise they won over Strømsgodset away from home despite that Godset was close to equalize in the second half and Molde was not better. Then they beat last ranked Sogndal, deserved win but was not big difference between the teams. And three days ago Odd Grenland beat them, Molde did not have winning chance despite that the opponent was also poor in my opinion, slight dominance, a few long shots and finally won in the last minute. First goalkeeper Pettersen and very important young midfielder Eikrem – who showed great performance lately - are doubtful, central defenders Steenslid and Steen struggle with long term injuries. Best midfielder Hoseth is back after suspension. Although Vålerenga is weaker than last year and Molde is better than last year, nevertheless I will put on Vålerenga. Molde could be better with Hoseth than last round but they can suffer away from home against most of teams. Vålerenga enjoys a few advantages, more time to recover between the games, most of key players are available, just wingers Nordvik and dos Santos will need improve. Basically home team has enough potential to win this one in case if most of players will perform well.

Re: Norwegian Tippeligaen 2011 ETO. What do you reckon for Fredrikstad v Haugesund. On Sunday Stromsgodset beat Haugesund 3-1, While Haugesund lost a 1-0 lead, Fredrikstad beat Sogndal 1-0 although Sogndal played poor throughout this game. Fredrikstad are placed just above Haugesund in the table, Fredrikstad have drawn 2 games at home so far and Haugesund are yet to draw away from home. I fancy a draw at 13/5 SkyBet.

Re: Norwegian Tippeligaen 2011 Here is my pick: Frederikstad vs Haugesund Pick: Over 2.5 goals I think there will be goals at Nye Fredrikstad Stadion. And the main reason for my pick are the visitors. They are playing very efficient matches on road. Three of the last four Haugesund's away matches ended with Over 2.5 goals (in fact all of them ended with Over 3.5 goals, but never mind). Just look the results: 26.06. Stromsgodset - Haugesund 3:1 16.06. Sogndal - Haugesund 3:1 16.05. Rosenborg - Haugesund 0:1 25.04. Lillestrom - Haugesund 5:0 Of course, Haugesund played efficient matches at home too, like 5:0 against Molde, 3:4 defeat from Stabaek, 3:3 with Brann or 4:2 with Sarpsborg. What can we say about the host? Well, they will be forced to play open if Haugesund attack. They are playing at home and they are complete. Coach Tom Freddy Aune has a rare opportunity to be without missing players. Even more, he will have Amin Askar back from a three games suspension. Speaking of absences, the situation in Haugesund squad is not so good. Joakim Vage Nilsen, Eirik Maeland and Jarle Steinsland are definitely out, while Nikola Djurdjic, Juska Savolainen and Are Tronseth are doubtful. At the end I will mention that the only mutual match at Nye Fredrikstad Stadion was also efficient. It happened on 02.07.2003 and Frederikstad won 3:2. I think there will be goals again.

Re: Norwegian Tippeligaen 2011 Lillestrom vs Start Pick: Under 2.5 goals I think Lillestrom and Start will play a low efficient match at Arasen Stadion in Kjeller. First of all, both teams are playing that way in the last period. Lillestrom played three Under 2.5 matches in the last four: 25.06. Aalesunds - Lillestrom 1:0 19.06. Lillestrom - Stromsgodset 4:2 16.06. Tromso - Lillestrom 1:0 13.06. Lillestrom - Odd Grenland 1:1 On other side Start is in series of two consecutive Under 2.5 games. Here are the results: 26.06. Start - Valerenga 0:2 19.06. Haugesund - Start 1:0 The next reason for my pick is connected with the absences. Lillestrom coach Henning Berg will be without three long term injured players - Edwin Eziyodawe, Erling Knudtzon and Youssef Sekour. Few more are doubtful, some of them very important. The top scorer Anthony Ujah (scored 13 goals so far) was injured and missed the last game. It is unclear if he will play, specially because he is close to leave the team during Summer transfer window. Another key player, the midfielder Stefan Gislason is also doubtful, just as Mathis Bolly. On other side Start coach Knut Kjartan Torum has two doubtful players - Birger Madsen and Oladapo Olufemi. So, we have the home side handicapped by the fact that some important players will probably be out, specially the best scorer Anthony Ujah. On other side Start is the worst away team in Tippeligaen. It is clear they will defend here. In situation like this I don't expect many goals.

Re: Norwegian Tippeligaen 2011 Valerenga vs Molde Pick: Under 2.5 goals I don't expect many goals at Ullevaal Stadion in Oslo, even the bookmakers are thinking different. There are two reasons for my pick. First of all, both teams are in series of inefficient matches lately. Valerenga have played 11 games in Tippeligaen so far and guess what - just one of them ended with Over 2.5 goals. Just one match the whole season. It is too much to present 10 games here. On other side Molde last three matches ended with Under 2.5 goals. Here are the results: 26.06. Odd Grenland - Molde 1:0 19.06. Molde - Sogndal 2:0 16.06. Stromsgodset - Molde 0:1 The second reason for my pick is the situation in both teams. Valerenga coach Martin Andresen will miss the defender Fredrik Stoor and midfielder Morten Berre. But it is also important to be mention that three important players, Kristofer Haestad, Stefan Strandberg and Amin Nouri are just returning from injuries. I am sure their fitness isn't on the highest level at the moment and they will need some time to get into the right form. On other side Molde coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, the famous ex Manchester United player, will be without one, possibly three players. Borre Stenslid is definitely sidelined, while Emil Johansson and Christian Steen are still doubtful after missing the last few matches due to injuries. As conclusion, I expect an interesting match here. Both teams have big ambitions this season. Molde is sharing the top with Tromso and Aalesund, while this match is the perfect opportunity for Valerenga to climb on the table. That is why I am expecting a tight game and not many goals.

Re: Norwegian Tippeligaen 2011 Valerenga V Molde I would agree with Lillestrom and Start I feel Start are letting in to many goals and Lillestrom have the capability of scoring against weaker teams. I think a home win will occur. Probably 2-1 or 3-1. Best of luck with your picks Al