** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March

Mustafa

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March I know Tottenham don't need to win this match, but anything over evens has to be value on the spurs win. They were better than Milan at the San Siro and won't be daunted by playing them at home. Bale should be back for this one but even if he is not I think spurs are massive value at 2.28. Can only see the price dropping so i'm going to get on this now to get the value. Spurs @ 2.28 Pinnacle

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March

I know Tottenham don't need to win this match, but anything over evens has to be value on the spurs win. They were better than Milan at the San Siro and won't be daunted by playing them at home. Bale should be back for this one but even if he is not I think spurs are massive value at 2.28. Can only see the price dropping so i'm going to get on this now to get the value. Spurs @ 2.28 Pinnacle
Milan will play Napoli tomorrow and then just after 2 days will travel to London to face Spurs, while spurs haven't played a game for a week or so and their players will be fresh.

Milan will play Napoli tomorrow and then just after 2 days will travel to London to face Spurs' date=' while spurs haven't played a game for a week or so and their players will be fresh.[/quote'] Think you've got your dates mixed up mate. Milan play away at Juventus on Sat March 5th and Spurs play at home to Wolves on Sun March 6th. These games are still 10 days away. :ok

Think you've got your dates mixed up mate. Milan play away at Juventus on Sat March 5th and Spurs play at home to Wolves on Sun March 6th. These games are still 10 days away. :ok
You are right, I though they were playing this coming week. My bad.

I know Tottenham don't need to win this match, but anything over evens has to be value on the spurs win. They were better than Milan at the San Siro and won't be daunted by playing them at home. Bale should be back for this one but even if he is not I think spurs are massive value at 2.28. Can only see the price dropping so i'm going to get on this now to get the value. Spurs @ 2.28 Pinnacle
Hi all, i'm fairly new to posting. I think Milan could put the pressure on and depending on how Spurs play it could be a draw or win to Spurs...:unsure but I do hope spurs can win if I'm going to bet...I'd prefer staying out this game though.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March I'm warming to a bet on Milan. It may be in the 'to qualify' market rather than an outright win. This is the biggest game for this Tottenham team as a whole and I think they may be in two minds on how to approach the game. Milan know they must win - but that doesn't mean they will of course. Milan's main problem was the midfield 3 of Seedorf, Flamini and Gattuso not being able to create anything to even try and break down Spurs. We'll see the team news around that midfield and that will determine my bet.

I'm warming to a bet on Milan. It may be in the 'to qualify' market rather than an outright win. This is the biggest game for this Tottenham team as a whole and I think they may be in two minds on how to approach the game. Milan know they must win - but that doesn't mean they will of course. Milan's main problem was the midfield 3 of Seedorf' date=' Flamini and Gattuso not being able to create anything to even try and break down Spurs. We'll see the team news around that midfield and that will determine my bet.[/quote'] I just can't see where Milan are going to score from. Ibrahimovic has never done anything when playing against English teams, Robinho is similar as he never adjusted to playing in England while at Man City. Of course on paper Milan have plenty of match winners, but so do spurs and I think the pace of Spurs players versus an ageing Milan is ultimately what will decide the game in their favour. The goal spurs scored in Milan is a good example of the damage spurs pacier players (Lennon and Bale if fit) will do to the Milan defence.

I just can't see where Milan are going to score from. Ibrahimovic has never done anything when playing against English teams' date=' Robinho is similar as he never adjusted to playing in England while at Man City. Of course on paper Milan have plenty of match winners, but so do spurs and I think the pace of Spurs players versus an ageing Milan is ultimately what will decide the game in their favour. The goal spurs scored in Milan is a good example of the damage spurs pacier players (Lennon and Bale if fit) will do to the Milan defence.[/quote'] I agree with that and as an Inter supporter it is hard for me to say but Spurs outplayed Inter at White Heart Lane, and Maicon who is considered one of the best right backs in the world was not able to handle Bale. Milan know that they have to win, so will most likely attack and Tottenham plays attacking football at home so overs is a good call IMO @ 2.00 with most bookies or both to score might be good picks.

I just can't see where Milan are going to score from. Ibrahimovic has never done anything when playing against English teams' date=' Robinho is similar as he never adjusted to playing in England while at Man City. Of course on paper Milan have plenty of match winners, but so do spurs and I think the pace of Spurs players versus an ageing Milan is ultimately what will decide the game in their favour. The goal spurs scored in Milan is a good example of the damage spurs pacier players (Lennon and Bale if fit) will do to the Milan defence.[/quote'] I have to agree, I can't see where a Milan win will come from. It will probably come across as the English underestimating an Italian side which is a danger, and it would also be pretty much impossible for Milan to play much worse than they did in the first leg, their game plan was all wrong.. Bale being fit would obviously be a boost for Spurs and I expect him to be, but I don't see Milan making the same mistakes as Inter did when playing against him, it was pretty criminal they gave him so much space to show his pace in the second leg, one would hope they learn from Inter's mistakes..I wouldn't underestimate Ibrahimovic, he has had a brilliant season and scored some cracking goals if there is a danger player for Spurs to watch it will be him, regardless of how he has performed against English sides in the past.. Milan are right up against it though, I am not a massive follower of Italian football but I get the feeling Milan are at the top of the league due to the underperformance of those around them (much like United in the Prem), Cassano might have given them something different going forward but the midfield looks devoid of pace which Spurs have in spades and the longer the game goes on the more likely Spurs will be able to hit them on the break. I don't think anyone will want to draw Spurs in the CL, they are a v.good home side and tend to rise to the occasion when playing better sides as we have often seen in the Prem, their CL results so far have also been solid at WHL. I would be interested in how people think Milan can beat Spurs? Struggling to see how personally..

I just can't see where Milan are going to score from. Ibrahimovic has never done anything when playing against English teams' date=' Robinho is similar as he never adjusted to playing in England while at Man City. Of course on paper Milan have plenty of match winners, but so do spurs and I think the pace of Spurs players versus an ageing Milan is ultimately what will decide the game in their favour. The goal spurs scored in Milan is a good example of the damage spurs pacier players (Lennon and Bale if fit) will do to the Milan defence.[/quote'] That is of course the primary weakness that Spurs will try to attack. The goal in the first leg shows that. As Milan were pushing and Ibra gave the ball away the full-back was nowehere to be seen leaving a 2-on-2 with Lennon running at Yepes from about 30-40 yards away from goal. That is the absolute worst possible situation and Milan paid the price. Spurs will undoubtedly hope for these counter-situations again, but Milan can try to protect against given them opportunities that are foregone conclusions and minimise the danger of the gulf in pace. Defensive full-backs may have to be the way to play as even though Lennon poses a threat 1-on-1 they'll have to take their chances in containing him, so long as they aren't caught up the pitch. I'm aware there are a lot of tactical if's and but's involved but Lennon is not unstopable - far from it. Milan need to be smart and maybe give up the width from the full-backs attacking as they are whack as fcuk on the ball anyway. Ibra divides opinion but the fact is he is a top class player and he can win matches. He was left all too isolated by the rest of his team (mainly the midfield) and Spurs were pretty intent on defending and breaking - which worked in the end. By no means am I writing Spurs off - I'm well aware of the danger they pose. However I'm going to be thinking a lot about this Milan team and whether they can possibly get a result in London.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March They still have to play Napoli and may incur some injuries but looking at their options they may have to play a midfield 3 of Flamini (holding), flanked by Seedorf and KPB. It's a sorry state of affairs that it is so, but this may be an improvement. Compared against a MvB, Gattuso and Flamini midfield there is a lot more going forward. It's not going to make Spurs poo their pants but it will mean Ibra, Robinho and Pato see more of the ball and in better sitautions. Ibra may not have to drop back as a midfielder to collect the ball. Spurs will probably go with three CM's themselves and battle outright in the middle of the pitch. This is by no means a great Milan squad but that midfield will be far more effective getting the ball forward which is their main problem with the previous midfield mentioned. Still a question of whether they can break them down though...

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March I think Milan could well be on to a hiding here. We saw how badly they were torn apart last season away to United. I don't think they can live too well with the speed of the English game. Especially as they have the away goal to overcome, which means they really need to score first. Opening up against this Tottenham side could spell disaster.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March Yeah have a feeling Spurs are gonna smash Milan here. Will wait until after Spurs play this weekend and see what shape they are in regarding injuries but I cant see anything but a spurs win at home. Milan IMO are average bar their attackers. Midfield is too workmanlike and lacking creativity, full-backs not good enough. Spurs will play with plenty of pace and width and thats where Milan are weak. Anything above evens after Wolves/Spurs on Sunday and I'll probably bite.

I think Milan could well be on to a hiding here. We saw how badly they were torn apart last season away to United. I don't think they can live too well with the speed of the English game. Especially as they have the away goal to overcome' date=' which means they really need to score first. Opening up against this Tottenham side could spell disaster.[/quote'] Yes,you are right.Therefore under 2,5 should be a good bet.Milan will defend and wait and with a good defense they will attack.Tottenham has no need to push and score,Milan has to come and then they can counter.But as long it is 0:0 there will be now need for Spurs.I also don't think that Milan will open their defense before 60th or 70th minute.

Yeah have a feeling Spurs are gonna smash Milan here. Will wait until after Spurs play this weekend and see what shape they are in regarding injuries but I cant see anything but a spurs win at home. Milan IMO are average bar their attackers. Midfield is too workmanlike and lacking creativity, full-backs not good enough. Spurs will play with plenty of pace and width and thats where Milan are weak. Anything above evens after Wolves/Spurs on Sunday and I'll probably bite.
I will definitely go on Wolves DNB,Spurs have the most important match of their history a few days later against Milan at home.

Yes' date='you are right.Therefore under 2,5 should be a good bet.Milan will defend and wait and with a good defense they will attack.Tottenham has no need to push and score,Milan has to come and then they can counter.But as long it is 0:0 there will be now need for Spurs.I also don't think that Milan will open their defense before 60th or 70th minute.[/quote'] I don't personally agree with the unders in games involving Spurs. They really only know one way to play, so I think they'll play their normal game and look to score. Once they score one, they'll look to score another :loon Really very simple.

I don't personally agree with the unders in games involving Spurs. They really only know one way to play' date=' so I think they'll play their normal game and look to score. Once they score one, they'll look to score another :loon Really very simple.[/quote'] As I mentioned earlier price on overs is @ 2.00 and Tottenham to win @ 2.20 and considering that Tottenham don't have to win this one Over 2.5 Goals is relatively safer bet.

As I mentioned earlier price on overs is @ 2.00 and Tottenham to win @ 2.20 and considering that Tottenham don't have to win this one Over 2.5 Goals is relatively safer bet.
So you think it will finish 2-2 or 3-3!? These are the only results that will result in Spurs going through and the overs coming in if you take the 'they don't have to win' philosophy. If you think Spurs will go through you may as well bet on them to win the game, there is absolutely no point in betting on overs imo if you are going to take this viewpoint. Milan won 3-0 against Napoli last night but to be honest if Napoli are supposed to be one of the better sides in Serie A (which looking at the table they are), then it highlights the problems in the league, imo they were v.poor, although they appear to be a stronger home side and have a few problems when they play any of the top sides away. I hope Spurs do just get a draw at the weekend and let VDV and Bale have a few more days rest, but with the league the way it is currently I expect Spurs to play their strongest XI, they don't really have a lot of choice. Sure Redknapp is also delighted that the idiots at Sky have put this game on at 16.00 on Sun, gives them little recovery time compared to Milan who play on Sat night, expect Ferguson would be spitting fire if it was United in that situation.. I will prob have a small play on Spurs on the handicap as well as the straight win, it is important not to view Milan as cannon-fodder, they are top of their league and are only 1-0 behind coming into this, if they play the correct game plan they can keep it tight for a majority of the game then play for the win late on. I doubt if they have the ability to do this though.

So you think it will finish 2-2 or 3-3!? These are the only results that will result in Spurs going through and the overs coming in if you take the 'they don't have to win' philosophy. If you think Spurs will go through you may as well bet on them to win the game' date=' there is absolutely no point in betting on overs imo if you are going to take this viewpoint.[/quote'] The point is when you take overs you get a cover in case this one ends in high scoring draw.

Hi all, i'm fairly new to posting. I think Milan could put the pressure on and depending on how Spurs play it could be a draw or win to Spurs...:unsure but I do hope spurs can win if I'm going to bet...I'd prefer staying out this game though.
:welcome to PL Viv. :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March Spurs to beat AC Milan @ 2.25 (Paddy Power:7pts) Spurs game just finished 3-3 at Wolves, now the attention turns to Milan and I dont think the Italians will get anything out of this. They have huge problems in midfield with Van Bommel(and striker Cassano fwiw) ineligible, pirlo and ambrosini are also out, Gattuso is banned and boateng is injured now aswell. This for me will be a huge problem and consequently starving the strikers of service they need......and the main strength of Spurs is the width their wingers provide, Milan's fullbacks are not the best and I think Spurs will get alot of joy in this area. Bale came on today as he recovers from his injury so he may play a part and Lennon Of course on the other side. I really can see Spurs dominating this game and playing with too much pace and intensity for this Milan side. Anything over evens is value IMO so happy to play this. GL!

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March This will be a huge test of Allegri's ability as a manager - or at least his balls. Milan are in the strange situation of not having anything to lose. Flamini, Strasser, Merkel midfield would be very interesting. Have to see what gets said over the next two days. I don't think Spurs will comfortably win at all.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March Spurs at 2.30, insane :loon Milan were awful in that first game, so I can't see why they should be any better in this one, with Spurs having Bale back, and hopefully Van der Vaart as well. They'll also have Modric from the start, and Defoe coming off the back of his goals today. I remember last season when Man U were something daft like 1.80 to beat AC, and strolled it, and I foresee a similar outcome on Wednesday, as the Spurs go marching on.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March Don't cross out AC Milan so easily guys. They have always had old men in their lines but it didn't stop them to win 2 CL titles in the last 10 years and to participate in one more final. Ibra and Pato(if fit) surely know how to score and Tottenham do not have the best defence around which was proven once again against Wolves. Defoe is not in his top form for sure no matter he scored 2 against Wolves, Bale is just coming back after an injury, same goes for Van der Vaart if manages to recover at all. Spurs got 3 goals in their sheet in each of their last two games so 2.20 doesn't look like a value to me. Milan is coiming after 3:0 against Napoli and away 1:0 against Juve. Bear that in mind although Serie A is quite far from the quality of EPL.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March The Spurs-Milan game could go any way in my opinion; Spurs will probably attack but there is no guarantee they will score, and Milan has the experience and players to be dangerous, but they are also prone to screw games every now and then. It could well end up with 0-0, 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 or 1-2 -- none of these scores would surprise me. I haven't found any interesting market so far for this game.