UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March

Mustafa

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March

Guyz what do we know about referee Frank de Bleckere ? Does he like showing cards or does he have any "feelings" for Italian or English clubs ?
He is not the referee that shows many cards in most games, but he does when there is much at stake. For instnace last season when Barcelona beat Inter 1-0 at home he showed 1 yellow to Barcelona and 5 yellow and 1 red to Inter.

Lucho González in Valencia?
You still taking the posts by Kiki Martinez seriousely. He just copies the links from infobettor.com, not reliable source. A few months ago they listed Quaresma in their expected line-up for Inter.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March I did some research again on cards, and I found some interesting points: - Tottenham is one of the six least booked side of the CL, with 1.29 yellow card per game. Most English clubs don't get a lot of booking, bar Arsenal. - Milan leads the booking chart, with 2.86 cards per game. - First leg saw 3 cards for Milan, none for Spurs. - Tottenham key players are back, and Milan will probably struggle with their pace ie. they'll have to commit fouls to stop them. - KPB is expected to play, and Ibrahimovic will. - The ref, de Bleeckere, gives 1.67 yellow cards per game for the home side, and 2.22 for the away side. In all his records for top competition, it is pretty rare to see home with more cards than away. Good bet for me on Milan -1 AH card @1.9 (b365)

I did some research again on cards, and I found some interesting points: - Tottenham is one of the six least booked side of the CL, with 1.29 yellow card per game. Most English clubs don't get a lot of booking, bar Arsenal. - Milan leads the booking chart, with 2.86 cards per game. - First leg saw 3 cards for Milan, none for Spurs. - Tottenham key players are back, and Milan will probably struggle with their pace ie. they'll have to commit fouls to stop them. - KPB is expected to play, and Ibrahimovic will. - The ref, de Bleeckere, gives 1.67 yellow cards per game for the home side, and 2.22 for the away side. In all his records for top competition, it is pretty rare to see home with more cards than away. Good bet for me on Milan -1 AH card @1.9 (b365)
Really interesting stats. Can you please clarify 1 thing for me. If let's say Tottenham will recieve 1 card and Milan 2, then the stake will be refunded? Also what do you thinkl about red card to be shown?

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March Spurs v AC Milan - AC Milan to Qualify @ 11/4 Betfred Tough for AC Milan to turn this around on the 1st leg showing but let's not forget that they have the talent upfront to cause Spurs huge problems. 1-0 in the San Siro was a great result but AC Milan know if they come here and score two then they're right in this game on the away goals rule. I think the Tottenham defence could be vulnerable under pressure and if AC Milan start brightly they can turn this around.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March Yes, AH = Asian Handicap = push (refund) when you're exactly on the line. I don't particularly expect a red card tonight, and b365 doesn't offer that market yet (they did very late in the afternoon yesterday). If the price is good I might consider it, but I rarely find it to be so.

Yes, AH = Asian Handicap = push (refund) when you're exactly on the line. I don't particularly expect a red card tonight, and b365 doesn't offer that market yet (they did very late in the afternoon yesterday). If the price is good I might consider it, but I rarely find it to be so.
Thanks for clarifying, might follow you on this one. As for the red card, what do you think about @ 4.50 William Hill? Just saw it earlier today as they Match Winner Special or something like that

Thanks for clarifying, might follow you on this one. As for the red card, what do you think about @ 4.50 William Hill? Just saw it earlier today as they Match Winner Special or something like that
Nah, too low for me. Milan would be the most likely side to get a red, but they are experienced and they don't get a lot of reds in domestic league (only 2, which is reasonably low for Serie A standards). on the contrary, Spurs could get someone sent off out of inexperience, but I don't rate it to be that likely, as it would probably mean Milan get the better hand in the first place. There could also be the odd red card on the last defender making a foul, but it doesn't happen that often either. Eventually, there might be some hard tackling/elbowing/fighting near the very end of the game (from Milan, presumably), but that's quite hard to estimate how likely it is. I don't want do deter you if you think there will be red card(s) tonite, though.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March Tottenham Hotspur - AC Milan - DRAW I'll bet a draw. Coefficients are around 3.30 for this result. I expect Tottenham to hold the attacks of the Italian team and continue to the next phase of the tournament. I do not believe Spurs will miss their chance. Milan's players often miss the nerves and that I intend to bet on red card in the match. 3,40@bet-at-home.

I'm warming to a bet on Milan. It may be in the 'to qualify' market rather than an outright win. This is the biggest game for this Tottenham team as a whole and I think they may be in two minds on how to approach the game. Milan know they must win - but that doesn't mean they will of course. Milan's main problem was the midfield 3 of Seedorf' date= Flamini and Gattuso not being able to create anything to even try and break down Spurs. We'll see the team news around that midfield and that will determine my bet.
Hello mate - if you think Milan will go through then you may as well back the Milan winoutright as they can only qualify by getting a win. A draw or los means they go out. Milan to win outright will be better odds than just 'to qualify.' Good luck if you do go for it though, as the only edge Milan have over Spurs in my opinion is experience. Fancy Milan to get a goal but can't see Spurs not scoring at least once.:ok

Nah, too low for me. Milan would be the most likely side to get a red, but they are experienced and they don't get a lot of reds in domestic league (only 2, which is reasonably low for Serie A standards). on the contrary, Spurs could get someone sent off out of inexperience, but I don't rate it to be that likely, as it would probably mean Milan get the better hand in the first place. There could also be the odd red card on the last defender making a foul, but it doesn't happen that often either. Eventually, there might be some hard tackling/elbowing/fighting near the very end of the game (from Milan, presumably), but that's quite hard to estimate how likely it is. I don't want do deter you if you think there will be red card(s) tonite, though.
Sometimes William Hill offers enhanced odds on strange markets. IMO they did some research and believe this one is unlikely. I remember when Arsenal played Tottenham 5they offered Bale & Van Der Vart to score @ 25.00 and they did score :loon If Gattuso was playing I might have gone with this bet. Still undecided though. I see red card as a result of Bale humiliating someone who will play against him as a LB.

Milan need Ibra to have a big game, he is the player with the game to hurt what is still a fairly fragile Spurs backline, Pato looks alright on occasion and has bag loads of ability but seems to drift in and out of games like Robinho..the midfield is where Milan has the big problems imo, Spurs have a top 4 midfield and plenty of options, I expect them to line up: --------------------Gomes----------------- Hutton/Corluka----Dawson---Gallas-----BAE ------------Sandro--------Modric---------- --Lennon----------------------------Bale-- -----------------VDV--------------------- -------------------Crouch----------------- Think Bale/VDV will start Harry has confirmed as much today, Crouch is also likely to start despite Defoe's two goals at the weekend. Hutton is a def weak spot at the back, lets people cross the ball too easily but Milan don't really play this way I don't think (not sure if Corluka is fit or not, far better defensively), still any defence that concedes 6 in two games against relegation candidates away cannot be seen to be good at the back, Milan have a chance if they can keep Spurs out at the other end..don't think they can though. I want to take a Spurs win but am a bit undecided as yet, Milan are top of Serie A which although not as strong a league as it has been in previous years still has to be respected..you could also factor in that Milan have won only 2 of their last 12 CL games both home and away, the glory days were a few years ago now for them. You are wrong if you think Spurs will go in with a defensive mindset, they won't, they cannot play this way. Sandro has been brilliant the last few weeks and is a good foil for Modric one of the best midfielders in europe. Lennon and Bale obviously have pace to burn which will prob become more of a factor as the game goes on, and VDV is one of the best players in the league. The more I write the more I convince myself there is only one winner in this one, Milan were terrible in the first leg and offered very little. I just don't think they have enough energy to compete with Spurs who are v.strong at home. I have nothing against Italian football although it is easy to come across that way when you are writing negative things about the side that are top of its league! Not bet as yet, will see how tonight goes considering I have a lot layed out, will prob go: Tottenham -1AH - 3.35 (bet365) Over 3 Goals - 2.6 (bet365) Both good odds bets imo..
Got a feeling Bale won't start tonight, Redknapp has said his back is alright but his legs are a bit stiff and he won't risk starting him if hes not 100%, understandable. If Bale isn't fit to start Pienaar will, he is obviously more defensive than Bale but is still a decent player who played his part in the San Siro..Corluka is back in full training but don't think he will be playing, that leaves Hutton at right back who is good going forward but a bit suspect defensively. Rest of the team is sorted, VDV will start, Crouch has been v.good in the CL and will get the start ahead of Defoe. The Milan team selection is uncertain as others have said but to be honest if there is a desire to get KP Boateng fit to start the game, that gives you an idea of where they are at. I would hope he wouldn't get near the first team if they had a first choice available as imo he is not CL standard in such an important position in the team. Either way I will be waiting to see the teams before I take the plunge on this one I think, can't see the odds moving too much now and there are a few possible changes in the starting line ups that need to be cleared up. Prob won't be playing high stakes after the success of last night, there is no need on a game I am not quite as confident about. Still fancy the above bets though, will post up before ko.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March On Tottenham - Milan, I have gone for 2.5+ goals as well. This is second leg, and usually the teams don't hold back. Tottenham don't play catenaccio, while Milan has to attack and play an open game.

Hello mate - if you think Milan will go through then you may as well back the Milan winoutright as they can only qualify by getting a win. A draw or los means they go out. Milan to win outright will be better odds than just 'to qualify.' Good luck if you do go for it though, as the only edge Milan have over Spurs in my opinion is experience. Fancy Milan to get a goal but can't see Spurs not scoring at least once.:ok
Unless its 1-0 AC MILAN. That will then force ET.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March Tottenham @ 2.37 pinnacle Nice work by Spurs to get the 1-0 win in Milan and their task here is much more easier with a number of players out for Milan. Especially in the midfield, where Ambrosini, Pirlo, Gattuso and van Bommel are not playing, and with the way Sandro and Moric dominated the midfield in the first leg, hard to see Milan do much there, with Boateng and Flamini the likely players oposing them. While both are good players, Modric in particular is a class above them, and expect him to do well here with his incisive passing through the Milan defence for the speed of Defoe and Lennon to run on to. Ibrahimovic was well shackled in the first leg, and think that Spurs have him figured out. For Milan they need to score and Spurs can sit and hit them on the counter as they have the speed to take advantage of this. Like them to continue their unbeaten run at home in the CL this season

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March I'm going to put money on Valencia to qualify I think as I feel they are a better team than Schalke. I am however liking the odds for Valencia's win better but not sure if I should take the risk. You guys got any advice or stats for which option I should choose?

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March I really don't see Tottenham trashing Milan tonight. Milan wont come out gung ho and allow Spurs to pick them off on the counter - it just isn't their style. I think they'll play a considered game and try to keep the ball as much as possible. They'll have to show a damn sight more than they did in the first-leg and I'm sure they will. Their midfield may be 'weaker' in squad status but it will be more dynamic with the ball. Plus Silva-Nesta is so much stronger the Yepes-Nesta it's ot even worth talking about and I think as a defensive 4 Milan will handle Spurs much better than expected and it coud well go under 2.5. Anyway, we've all spoken enough about the game. I'd like to catch Milan on the plus +0.5 line but I don't think I'm gonna get the chane - I thought the Spurs price would move in but it is holding firm. I've taken 1-0 (9.50) and 2-1 (11.00) Milan with nothing serious but I'm waiting for the line-ups. Huge game and I can't wait. May have to watch it on mute though given how commentators act in an EPL v Serie A clash.:lol

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March Yeah I was just thinking about the other match. I quite like the look of both to score (1.83 - Bet365) purely given how the tie is set up. I'm going to have to flick back through the pages and have a look myself because I'm not well informed regarding either side to be honest.

To qualify is the bigger price. It was 3/1 yesterday versus 9/4 on Milan winning in 90 minutes. Prices are now: 11/4 Milan to qualify 9/4 Milan to win I just don't see how Milan keeps a clean sheet in this match. Very rarely do Spurs fail to score at home. And against this ageing Milan team they should score one eliminating the 0-1 from the equation. I firmly believe Tottenham will run riot like Man Utd did something like 3-0, 4-0, 4-1 full time. So either bet on Milan is bad in my book. :lol
Ah right - apologies, I had the odds as the other way round i.e. bigger for the win. I won't be touching Milan anyway.

Got a feeling Bale won't start tonight, Redknapp has said his back is alright but his legs are a bit stiff and he won't risk starting him if hes not 100%, understandable. If Bale isn't fit to start Pienaar will, he is obviously more defensive than Bale but is still a decent player who played his part in the San Siro..Corluka is back in full training but don't think he will be playing, that leaves Hutton at right back who is good going forward but a bit suspect defensively. Rest of the team is sorted, VDV will start, Crouch has been v.good in the CL and will get the start ahead of Defoe.
It's all mind games, Bale will start - as will Corluka.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March I'm gonna dutch for small stakes: Draw @3.40 (b365) Tottenham -1.5 @4.40 Aggregated odds: @1.918 I see too main scenarios for this game: either Milan scores first but they cannot hold the result (1-1 or even 2-2+ FS), or Spurs cruise comfortably thru this game with a 2-0+ or 3-1+ win. I'm taking a risk on the 1-0 or 2-1 wins for Tottenham, but I'll cover that with in-play betting if necessary. Small stakes, as I'm not sure about this game but I wouldn't want to miss out on a good result for Spurs.

It's all mind games' date=' Bale will start - as will Corluka.[/quote'] Corluka looks likely now in the latest team news this afternoon, better option than Hutton for this game imo, still not sure on Bale, hope he does, be good for bets I will poss take..

I'm going to put money on Valencia to qualify I think as I feel they are a better team than Schalke. I am however liking the odds for Valencia's win better but not sure if I should take the risk. You guys got any advice or stats for which option I should choose?
Schalke have played 15 home matches in the Champions League, and only lost four of those. Of those four losses however, three have came against Spanish opposition. I like the price of Valencia to qualify outright [2.00], but both teams to score [1.80] or 2.5+ goals [2.20] seem decent value also, as both teams seem strong going forward, plus Valencia have played on German soil three times and scored on each occasion.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March Shalke-Valencia: 2-1 @10 (b365) 1-1 @6 1-2 @11 Aggregated odds: about @3.4 I expect both teams to score, and in the meantime not too many goals. BTTS is @1.83 (too low), and "2 or 3 goals" @1.95 (hardly better). I'm happy to dutch these scores for low stakes and good odds, with the b365 refund on 0-0.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March Tottenham - AC Milan First of all i will say that Tottenham have meet with the low level teams in this tournament (Y.Boys,Werder,Twente) no one of them is not strong enough for this tournament.Because this was Tottenham very lucky, but now we will see the realy face of football they will meet with a real experienced team in this tournament.No one can say that Tottenham can't go one step forward,but no one can say yes they can..I think the best joice is for this game is Ac Milan scores the first goal.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 9 March Schalke - Valencia Valencia to qualify Bet365@2.10 Absentees Schalke: Huntelaar, Pander, Hoogland, Moritz Valencia: Chori Dominguez, Maduro, Miguel, Moya Schalke managed to hold a lucky draw in the first leg. Valencia outperformed the germans but a silly mistake in their defence let the blues score an important away goal. Schalke are not doing well in the Bundesliga but they reached the German Cup Final and they also showed some good games in the Champions League which defines them as a strong tournament team. Their main weapon will be Raul supported by Farfan. Valencia are performing quite good in La Liga, taking the 3rd spot in the table behind the big two Barca and Real. Spanyards recorded 1 win and 2 draws in their away games in CL earlier on this season. Los Che have only one away win against german teams but it came exactly against Schalke in the group stage of Champions league 3 seasons ago. Valencia have all it takes to score the needed away goals in order to qualify - fast wingers with amazing technique like Joaquin, Pablo and Mata, creative midielders like Banega and Tino Costa, clinical strikers like Soldado, Aduritz and Jonas. I can't see how Schalke is going to keep their sheet clean tonight. The bad news come from Valencia's defence where Emeri can't find the correct formula. Ricardo Costa, Navarro, Stankevicius and Dealbert were rotated as central backs during the season but none of them performed well enough, silly mistakes in the defence didn't allow Valencia to win some of their matches i.e. Schalke (1-1), Osasuna (3-3) etc. However Spanyards are capable to overcome their defence issues with a strong midfield play, possesing the ball more than their opponent, using their wingers to cut through Schalke's defence. Last year Valencia showed scoring in Germany is not a problem when they came to a 4-4 draw with Wereder which was enough to qualify them further in Europa League. Add to this their great away form in La Liga - 3 wins in the last 3 matches against the tough teams of Atletico Madrid, Bilbao and Mallorca. My pick is Valencia to qualify.