** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD - 18th of Feb

Aidymac

Stow - Newbury 12:10 I like the chances of this horse tomorrow, i think its a big price. Venetia Williams has had a good start to the season. Tomorrows race is a Class 3 race over 3 miles on soft ground. I think the extra 2 furlongs may have been too much for Stow at Huntingdon last time out and the step back to 3m is what it needs. It has also been dropped 1 pound back to 117, the same mark it ran off two outings ago at Chepstow when it ran a fine race behind the impressive winner Universal Soldier, and that day it had Miss Overdrive back in 4th. That was a Class 3 race over 3m on soft ground. On its previous outing, also at Chepstow, it won over same trip and conditions and actually hit a high of 1000 in running that day, getting up to win by a short-head to defeat Radmores Revenge. Everything looks right for it to have a big run again tomorrow. 1 Point win @ 16/1 (Coral) BOG

Re: BBOTD - 18th of Feb Sports Line 1.15 Newbury 11-2 W. Hill (BOG) - WIN (Content copied from last Saturday) Personal opinion but I feel Tchico Polos could be overrated and I'm not too keen on it today. Sports Line was well fancied for the Arkle but has been running too freely. When you look back at its hurdles form it has often led or raced prominently and won races like that but its best form as a chaser has been when ridden with some restraint, 2nd in a Grade 1 novice chase and raced in 3rd and 3rd to Captain Cee Bee when held up early. Timmy Murphy was due to ride last week, which I thought was a plus for a hold up horse but Jason Maguire is in fair form and won today on hotshot Peddlers Cross. It has a win and 2 places from 5 chases and still improving. I feel this could be a bit better than its current rating of 147. No concerns with trip, should go on the ground (has won on soft and heavy). French Opera beat Tchico Polos by 6 lengths and would be the main danger but was last in its last race so doubts there.

Re: BBOTD - 18th of Feb Will stick with comments from Saturday. Havent looked at any racing all week so hopefully I havent missed much :) Its a decent race with plenty of decent horses improving but Walkon ran a blinder LTO and is hopefully gonna come on for the run. This is shorter and should suit (100% when running over 2m/2m1f). Choc has the choice of 4 and opts for this one, could be a massive sign Conditions not an issue and in a big field will need a bit of luck. Walkon - 1pt Win - 5/1 Bet 365 BOG

Re: BBOTD - 18th of Feb 1:50 Newbury: Bothy 1pt win 10/1 William Hill Bothy looks interesting as he meets many of the trends and also has solid form last time over hurdles. In th Greatwood Hurdle Bothy was always held by Menorah yet finished no more than a neck down. While he was receiving a lot of weight, that is still an excellent run against one of the favourites for the Champion Hurdle who has an impressive record at Cheltenham. Bothy had a tune up on the all weather since to keep him fresh and wth his trainer Brian Ellison in fine form, a good run looks on the cards.

Re: BBOTD - 18th of Feb 3:55 Sandown - Megastar - Back This, on paper, looks a 2 horse race. Only Lifestyle looks capable of lowering the colours of my nap here, but I think that even he is up against it. Lifestyle won a Class 4 event last time when hosing up, and it was difficult not to be impressed with the style of that win. Fair enough he beat a promising odds on shot, but the suspicion is that that one was way below par that day. Meanwhile, Megastar was being denied a Grade 1 by only 1 rival (Minella Class) who seems to have a dazzling future. Even more impressive was the fact that he beat Toubab by 3.5 lengths, a horse who is highly regarded in the shrewdest of circles. On that basis, I am extremely confident that he'll make the drop in class tell here and get back to winning ways before moving back up the grades 1pt win @ SP

Re: BBOTD - 18th of Feb 1:50 Newbury - Bothy - 1pt @ 10/1 (WillHill - BOG) Lightly raced 5 year old, who returns to run over hurdles for the first time since coming a gallant second to Menorah in the Greatwood Hurdle at Cheltenham. He's now 9lbs higher than that run, but he's lightly raced, clearly on the up and ideally suited to todays conditions, now that the ground is turning up soft. Bothy has only run over hurdles on 5 occasions, winning his first 3 starts before finishing a decent 7th place in the Fred Winter at the Cheltenham festival. The ground was good that day, which wasn't ideal and it was a good run with all things considered. He was kept ticking over with a few runs on the flat (where he's a decent performer) but stepped up on all known form when chasing home the current Champion Hurdle second favourite. Bothy also had a run in a 'Jumpers Bumper' at Southwell just before the New Year, so he should be in good enough knick to run his race here and I expect he'll get involved in the finish. He runs here off 136, which may not be beyond him and Danny Cook takes off a valuable 3lbs from his claim, leaving the horse to carry 10st 7lbs, a weight that'll surely prove handy on this ground. The Brian Ellison yard are flying lately and they'll be sure to have the horse spot on for this, plus I'm sure there's still a lot more to come from him. He jumps well, travel well and is ideally suited by this track. I think the 10/1 is a nice price and he has a decent chance off a relatively low weight. Small/medium sized bet at a price that could well get shorter. Let's hope it keeps raining and his chances will be increased even more.

Re: BBOTD - 18th of Feb 0.5 pts eway Get me out of here 1.50 Newbury 10/1 PP BOG last years winner races of 15lb higher mark but he is taken to win again with mccoy up top.a close second in the supreme novices at cheltenham he could take all the beating if ready to go this time out. a wide open race but il take a chance on the champ..

Re: BBOTD - 18th of Feb

3.35 Newbury Bothy win @ 9/1 Bet 365 Bothy -Was at Cheltenham when he finished second to Menorah and was lucky enough to have bets on both horses that day. Went home being very impressed with othy and deceided to follow him forthe next few races. Had a run out in a bumper on the all weather over the bad weather period and comes here with plenty prove. Looks decently handicaped here and with ground to suit a repeat of the Cheltenham run will see him in the shake up.

Re: BBOTD - 18th of Feb Sandown 5.00 Cloud Nine 0.5pt EW - 66/1 VC Caught my eye last season when 5th in a novice chase at Exeter. On the bridle until the home straight disputing lead with Take The Breeze and Copper Bleu. Tired and finished 5th in the end, but all the horses in front of him were rated in the 130+. Ran two decent races in handicaps last year finishing 3rd and 2nd. Suited by right handed tracks and despite the flop in a hunter chase lto, I think he's a good horse and a top conditional has been booked to ride today. Worth a gamble at 66s I'd say.

Re: BBOTD - 18th of Feb 1.50 Newbury - Solix (18/1 Bet365) 1pt Win Looks to have a job on at the weights and will have to be a smart horse to win a competitive handicap such as this from top weight. But looks to have a touch of class to him judging on his performances in France and David Bass' handy 5lb claim will go someway to offsetting his welter burden, not one to be dismissed lightly in my opinion.

Re: BBOTD - 18th of Feb 15:00 Newbury Sports Line 1pt win - 11/2 (Ladbrokes) If he learns to settle he could be a big danger here. Was well fancied for the Arkle last year before going off to quick in front and being caught late on in the Irish Arkle. Didn't settle in the Arkle and weakened quickly. Ran well behind Captain Cee Bee at Punchestown but was then shipped over to the McCain yard. Went off at 3/1 on debut for McCain but was too keen again and weakened as expected. He's very lightly raced and is probably open to improvement more than anything else in this field, and it looks pretty moderate for this race. Big price if building on last year's efforts.

Re: BBOTD - 18th of Feb The novice race at Fakenham is probably the most competative of the day, we have four previous winners plus a couple of Point winners. Brunswick Gold is fav on his good run behind Bobs Worth at Cheltenham, that sets the standard and he recieves weight. Of those that have won, Caught By Witness's C/D win last time looks quite good, Camden also won here in a weak race. The Nicholls horse San Remo Belo hasnt ran since October when fourth to Owen Glendower and needs to improve for his break. Bets; 235 Fak: Caught By Witness EW (9/2 WH)

Re: BBOTD - 18th of Feb 1.50 Newbury: Rebel Dancer Was still in with a big chance on penultimate start when falling at the last in a race won by Nearby. Showed improved form again LTO when 2nd over C&D on good to soft. ONly 2lbs higher than for that run and every chance today with a featherweight on it's back and Michael Murphy good for his 3lb claim. Soft ground shouldn't cause any inconvenience having won on similar ground in 2/3yo days in France. Big chance here IMO. 1pt win @ 16/1 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD - 18th of Feb 1:50 Walkon @ Newbury - Was out injured last season but was very impressive on return last month finishing 2nd in a grade 2 race.King has two in the race and Choc Thornton has opted for Walkon as will I.Trainer Alan King also said that the horse could probably have done with an extra few days before Saturday so now it has had them must go close 1 pt Win @ 9/2 Bet365

Re: BBOTD - 18th of Feb 0.5 e/w kaayan 15/2 skybet sandown 2.10 im going to take the 2 short priced favs on with kaayan in this 8 runner field kaayan can win this after a good 2nd over 1 furlong more 11 days ago same class race,there is not much in the race after the top 3,so if dosnt win can defanatly grab a place at a decent price,fingers crossed for no withdrawels:hope

Re: BBOTD - 18th of Feb 2.20 Lingfield - Cwmni 1pt win 4/1 Hills Been running well of late and was a tad unlucky last time out not to get up going very close from a poor draw. Is only up 2lbs so that looks fair win rate isn't great but like I said is in form and has to have a chance.

Re: BBOTD - 18th of Feb

Great choice Aidy seen 7th LTo down to pace of race in 2 minds and bottled out:clap
Thanks mate, very small horse but a very tough horse, Awesome Freddie i thought travelled extremely well but Stow was not for passing!! Great day and a free bet on the Totesport trophy now, thanks mate. :ok

Re: BBOTD - 18th of Feb 1.15 Newbury - 1pt win Tchico Polos @ 4/1 (VC) This horse chasing over 2m-2m2f has figures of 21131127. Beaten 44l by Master Minded last time out but that was a comfortably better field than the one he meets today. Form of 1932 on soft ground. On its penultimate start, Tchico Polos was beaten by Cornas at Sandown by 2 3/4 lengths. I'msingingtheblues and French Opera were well down the field - though the latter may have needed it. Worth taking on, though, given it has run well fresh before so it was still a disappointing run. Tchico Polos was giving Cornas 4lbs that day, and didn't get his way out in front. Today he gets 4lbs from Cornas, and has AP McCoy on board. This smaller field should suit, and can go very well here.

Re: BBOTD - 18th of Feb 1.50pm 'Walkon' 4/1 (ladbrokes) Fancied it on Saturday, fancy it today. Impressive last time out when beaten just by a wonderous finish from Tiger O'Toole, who isn't around today and would have struggled to confirm superiority on this track andwith 3fs shorter. Trip looks perfect today as horse doesn't lack speed, chosen by Thornton over the dangeous looking Salden Licht, must go close.

Re: BBOTD - 18th of Feb 1.50 Newbury rebel dancer win Good second last time out beating some of these. Couldn't quite get to the winner that day but maybe a more positive ride today might just see him go close. Saying that this race is much tougher and there are some very talented unexposed types in the race. Rebel dancer gets in here as the bottom weight and the jockey takes off another 3pm which means ge is carrying almost 2 stone less than some of these.

Re: BBOTD - 18th of Feb Ymir 2.20 Lingfield. 0.5 points each way. Bit of a thinker, but does have the ability to go close in context with this race today. The tongue tie & visor stay on, which is good, and although he could do with dropping down to a mark of around 47 or 48, the mark of 49 still gives him place claims in context with today's race. The trip and surface isn't a worry and there could be a little more to come from him. Big price and well worth a nibble I think.

Re: BBOTD - 18th of Feb HUDIBRAS 2.35 Fakenham 0.5 points each way. Needs to improve a bit, but I think this slightly longer trip can bring about that improvement. Going the right way, slowly but surely, and the ground shouldn't be too much of a concern. I have him in at around the 5/1 mark, so the 10s currently on offer look decent each way value.