** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD - 17th of Feb

Aidymac

Camden George - Kelso 2:40 Course winner who ran well 3 weeks ago when 2nd and is very well handicapped at the moment, i will be disappointed if it cant go close. Runs off 112 tomorrow but has been placed off 125 in the past. Traded short in running last time out but found McCoy too good on Foxesbowe, this is an easier race. 1 Point win @ 9/2 (Hills) BOG

Re: BBOTD - 17th of Feb 3:50 Kelso - Peddlers Cross - Back He looks utterly unopposable here. He is part of the most mouth-watering Champion Hurdle field in my lifetime, and he should get the job done here before moving straight to Cheltenham for the big one. Undoubtedly he won't be at his absolute best here but there is simply no need for him to be. He looks to have been found a glorious opportuninty here for a nice final racecourse blow out before the March date. Connections will be extremely keen for him to maintain his unbeaten record in order to keep his confidence at a peak and therefore he will be expected to go in here. I see nothing in terms of dangers, and expect him to win this relatively nicely 1pt win @ 1/6 Paddy Power BOG

Re: BBOTD - 17th of Feb 2.20 Southwell Alpha Tauri - was beaten here on his last try at a mile when second but the winner that day - mcconnell - was very well treated. Alpha Tauri would be dangerous from the front and is more than capable of going well in this modest grade. 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD - 17th of Feb 3.30 Clonmel - Old Shyan ew at sp 27 race maiden over both hurdles and chasing but it caught my eye. Made h/cap Chase debut on yld/sft off 90 btn only 8lengths and raised 2lbs as a result and put in another good showing next time over heavy ground but over 3f less btn 1L so more improvemen and handicapper took note raising it to 96. All its racing was done on sft-heavy ground so I think its strange that connections decided to run it over Gd and firm ground on next 4 outings over 2m4-3m ,well beaten by 25l , 40+L and then plus 80 on other two. Races back of debut mark of 90 tomorrow and B. cooper takes off a good 5lbs who I noticed riding a strong finish today and has been riding well for dessie Hughes of late. Also has fc conditions of heavy tomorrow and 2m4f so should be in at the placings but I'd be happy with anywhere near anyway considering its complete outsider. Also noticed I finished 40l behind the midnight club before h/cap who was quite well fancied to win a grade 3. Shot in the dark but 2/3 career placings when chasing and usually plugs on and runs its race at track.

Re: BBOTD - 17th of Feb Ffos Las - 2:00 Silver Token gets my backing here for a number of reasons... he's the only CD winner in a potential field of 15 - there is only one other course winner. David Brace is a local trainer, owner AND breeder. The gelding has won following long lay offs in the past (this will be 130). The 6yo Silver token only started racing at the end of 2009, so there is plenty of imporovement left in him. To date he has raced 3 times at this track and not finished out of the top three! Available at a massive 38 on betfair at the time of posting. I feel comfortable going for the win here!

Re: BBOTD - 17th of Feb 4:00 Southwell - Guto - 1pt @ 10/1 (Bet365 - BOG) Tough horse to win with and on a long losing run, stretching back to September of 09, a full 26 races ago. However, things are likely to pan out in his favour and Guto has been running quite well in recent months, shaping as if a win may not be too far away. He's a 4 time C&D winner, who has a lot of speed on his day but doesn't win as often as he should. Though I think the jockey booking of Martin Lane is very significant and although the horse loses his previous riders 7lb claim, the skill of Lane is far superior and worth more than the weight to a horse like this. Lane was the man on board for his last success, when scooting home in a 14 runner contest at Ayr, off a 13lb higher mark. That was the only time he took the ride on this fellow and I think he could well pay dividends yet again, in a race that is likely to be fast and furious, potentially playing into the hands of the well handicapped Guto. All of his course wins have come from higher marks and both of them in this grade, so he looks well treated off a mark of 57, despite being obviously exposed. He has about 4.5 lengths to make up with likely favourite, Shawkantango, but is 6lbs better off now, which may be enough to overturn the form and the price difference is too big. Guto is trained by Bill Rathcliffe and he runs two in this race, with Colorus also lining out. Although I couldn't have him at the price, unless the jockey bookings were swapped around. Lane is a wonderful jockey and has got many a nice winner for me in the past, so he'll hopefully prove a big plus to the horse. He also has a wonderful record around Southwell, with 16% of his mounts winning and many more making the frame. He only has 2 rides here today, the other taking on a likely odds on favourite who should win and I think this is definitely his best chance of success, in what's a relatively weak contest, where the 2 last time out winners may struggle to follow up. I'll happily take them on with the one I consider the value of the race, which is obviously Guto. He loves it around here and his turn to win shouldn't be too far away, so here's hoping that it's today. Small/medium sized stakes on a horse who I believe should be around the 6/1 mark, not the 10/1 generally available. There's a fair chance this fellow won't shorten in the market, being the apparent second string but I think he holds better claims than his stablemate, who is a horse I've opposed a few times, with some success too.

Re: BBOTD - 17th of Feb 2:55 Clonmel - SEE U BOB - 1pt @ 6/4 (bog) Bet365 Installed as favourite for this Powerstown Chase, and rightly so. Highest rated in the race on both OR (8 clear) and RPR (11 clear). Won over the big obstacles at the first time of asking when defeating Kempes by 2.5l at Thurles last January, and followed that up with a decent 2nd to Citizen Vic at Leopardstown. Found the ground and the opposition unsuitable when 7th in the Maghull at Aintree, and the ground was all against him nto at Punchestown. Fell in a Grade 2 on reappearance, but has been given 2 spins over hurdles to get over that in December. The ground will be in his favour today, as will the level of opposition he's facing. I'd have him priced around the 11/10 - 6/5 mark, so 6/4 early with Bet365 looks worth taking with best odds guaranteed :hope

Re: BBOTD - 17th of Feb 3.05 meydan Alo pura win Should be around 5/1 when the prices come out. Obviously j j the jet plane is the class act in the field but he will bigger targets later in the festival and I'm hoping he isn't quite they want him just yet and Alo pura can take advantage. This horse is very consistent and runs from a stable who do well with their horses here. The horses last run was a little unlucky not really getting a clear run for most of the straight. The horse still managed to get very close and finished full of running. With a clearer passage today, I think he can win this. Buick takes over the steering and this horse will be dropped in at the back ready for a late finish. Instead of trying to come through the traffic as it's a big field hopefully Buick will stay out of trouble and swoop wide and late! 6/1 William hill. Sorry don't know how to scroll up to put the price up there!

Re: BBOTD - 17th of Feb 7.00 Wolverhampton - Sir Nod 11/2 WH Won on reappearance here the last 2 years off the same mark in class 4 handicaps, won off higher on the turf last season. Drawn 2 here which will suit prominent running style, no definite front runner in the field so hopefully they dont go to quick and this one can get first run on some of these.

Re: BBOTD - 17th of Feb 1:40 Kelso Priceless Art 1pt win - 15/8 (Skybet) Has been in great form on the slower Southwell surface and it's hard to see him not winning his first outing over hurdles. Has won 4/6 bumpers and ran pretty well in a grade two bumper at Aintree behind a few smart types in Dare Me and Megastar. His win lto was his hardest win so far, but he and Jack the Gent pulled way clear of everything else, and I really rate Jack the Gent. Jack the Gent made all to win at Donny holding off two well backed horses, showing great determination. He almost did the same at Doncaster later that month but was beaten by King of the Night who is a very promising Nicholls horse. He has shown a liking for the slower surface so hopefully he'll be alright in the ground. Should take all the beating imo.

Re: BBOTD - 17th of Feb 200 Ffos Las: Teaforthree 1pt (9/4 PP) At Ffos Las we have a good quality event with plenty of form on offer. The one that stands out is Teaforthree, he was third in Mossley's race at Cheltenham, that was a grade 2 so this is obvioulsy easier, he does step back in trip but cant see that being a negative on this track. Tullyraine, the unlucky Invictus, Grey Gold and Saint Are have all shown enough to win an ordinary novice so a good race in prospect.

Re: BBOTD - 17th of Feb 2.10 Kelso - Suprise Vendor (28/1 VC) 1pt Win Moderate on the flat but reasonable record over timber, should find this less competitive than his last two runs over hurdles in Ireland, now with new yard who do well with what they have and are in good form, has gone well on the back of a break before.

Re: BBOTD - 17th of Feb 7.00 Wolves: Tourist Back in November this horse was running from a mark of 87 in class 2 handicaps on the all weather yet today goes from only 72 in a class 5. Has been badly out of form but this two times C&D winner is too hard to ignore from this kind of mark. Didn't run too badly LTO although reported to have bled after which is a negative, however since then the stable appear to have found their feet a little with a lot more positive performances from the horses therefore could prove a little bit of value at current 10/1. 1pt win @ 10/1 Coral BOG

Re: BBOTD - 17th of Feb 5.35pm 'Raihana' 9/4 Broke the track record last week cruising through over a furlong shorter, looked in control of that race the whole way and wasn't hard pushed to do it. No reason I can think of why a repeat performance won't take what looks a weaker race today. 1 point win

Re: BBOTD - 17th of Feb 4.35 Soutwell Although Steed is likely to go off short priced favourite I really like the look of Buzz Bird who is slipping down the weights here. Has ran over a furlong too far last three times and although she has won over a mile is much better over this 7F. Definitely worth a look at the price and Steed may just run out of steam with his big jump in the weights. Buzz Bird 1 pt win 16/1 Hills

Re: BBOTD - 17th of Feb FFos Las 3:05 Lay De La Vega 3-1 BET365(BOG) 1 point WIN Wind operation and tongue tie look to have done the trick when winning stylishly at chepstow last time out. Back to hurdles today and looks well handicapped to follow up the win in chepstow. Ticks a lot of the boxes today, ground, trip, jockey, yard etc so the 3-1 on offer still looks like value to me.

Re: BBOTD - 17th of Feb

FFos Las 3:05 Lay De La Vega 3-1 BET365(BOG) 1 point WIN Wind operation and tongue tie look to have done the trick when winning stylishly at chepstow last time out. Back to hurdles today and looks well handicapped to follow up the win in chepstow. Ticks a lot of the boxes today, ground, trip, jockey, yard etc so the 3-1 on offer still looks like value to me.
Should be Lady De La Vega not lay........

Re: BBOTD - 17th of Feb Southwell 4.35, Steed (11/8 Hills) Not a fancy price or anything but looks my strongest bet of the day. Is in really great form at the moment and whilst Id usually take on a horse going for a 5 timer! I just can't find much to beat him here. He can look hard work but has a nice turn of foot in a finish and I think there will be plenty of pace for him to track here and come through with another strong finish.

Re: BBOTD - 17th of Feb 2:10 Well Disguised (Write up) Been running in higher class races over the last year and has its usual jockey is onboard again today claiming 10lb.Won a good handicap last year at Newcastle and a return to that form will see it go close

Re: BBOTD - 17th of Feb Thumbs Up 3.15 Kelso 7-2 Skybet WIN Trainer and jockey in form, trainer with 7 winners in 14 days, jockey with 9 winners in 14 days. 2nd last time out to a decent sort (Girgio Quercus), was giving that 6lb and 1st the race before that, but over a furlong further and on better ground. Has won and placed on soft ground though as a hurdler but not as a chaser. Only ran in small fields so far as a chaser and seems to suit. Always expected to be better over fences than hurdles and a 1st and 2nd from 2 starts is very respectable. Premier Sagas drops back in trip, Alfie Flits looks unsuited by the ground and is drifting, the outsider has no chance and is easily passed over but King Of The Gypsies loves soft ground and is favourite, probably due to the going being heavy in places and rates the main danger.

Re: BBOTD - 17th of Feb 7.00 Wolverhampton Dark lane looks plenty short enough for a horse to me that looks to need another furlong in my opinion ran well last time out but again shaped as if another furlong would suit better and not for the first time. Defector doesnt come into this with a good record fresh but Neil Callan looks an eye catching booking he won over CD off a 1lb lower mark on first start for this yard and ran respectably off higher marks afterwards before going off the boil and if rest has sparked him up should have every chance from a good draw in stall 1 The other saver bet has to be Valmina who was closing late on over CD in apprentice handicap last time out, that was first start for over 3 months and was encouraging. Professional jockey takes over from inexperienced jockey, yard in good form and is 5lb below last and only winning mark has to be respected off bottom weight. The main bet has to be Sir Nod has won fresh last 2 season over CD and has a good record on the AW. Was in good form in summer but went off the boil and slipped down the weights and now back on last winning mark over CD and 2lb below last turf winning mark in summer. Well drawn in stall 2 for a front runner and yard have had a reasonable time recently. 1pt win Sir Nod 11/2 vc

Re: BBOTD - 17th of Feb

3.05 meydan Alo pura win Should be around 5/1 when the prices come out. Obviously j j the jet plane is the class act in the field but he will bigger targets later in the festival and I'm hoping he isn't quite they want him just yet and Alo pura can take advantage. This horse is very consistent and runs from a stable who do well with their horses here. The horses last run was a little unlucky not really getting a clear run for most of the straight. The horse still managed to get very close and finished full of running. With a clearer passage today, I think he can win this. Buick takes over the steering and this horse will be dropped in at the back ready for a late finish. Instead of trying to come through the traffic as it's a big field hopefully Buick will stay out of trouble and swoop wide and late! 6/1 William hill. Sorry don't know how to scroll up to put the price up there!
6.10 Meydan Hujaleya 13/2 Skybet win First one was a non-runner so I am going to give this one as my next best. Will need them to go quick in front which I think will happen with a few front runners in the race. This one ran a good race LTO behind Warsaw and may just benefit from the jockey taking of 7lb. This jockey has won on the horse before and I expect a big run.