** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD - 16th of Feb

Aidymac

Wotchalike - Musselburgh 2:20 Again a lot of question marks over nearly all the horses in the field and even with my selection the same! However this horse is the only horse in the field that has won over this distance of 3m 100yds... He has had a break of 272 days since it ran a fine 2nd to Pugnacity at Sedgefield last May. This horse is very well handicapped and has every chance at the weights, it runs of 85 tomorrow but it has won off a mark of 97 in the past, now 12 pounds lower. All its best form has come on soft ground , he has won 3 times on soft going so that is a plus. My only concern is the long absence but if he is fit tomorrow, i feel he olds every chance especially with the addition of a 7 pound claimer which makes it 19 pounds well in in comparison to its win off 97. 0.5 Points e/w @ 7/1 (VC) BOG

Re: BBOTD - 16th of Feb 3.30 Lingfield Cuthbert e/w 5/1 VC Bet This horse has ran well on its last two outings in competitive races. The horse is not blessed with a turn of foot but he does keep finding for pressure which I like. Maybe the extra furlong here may bring about a little more improvement. Jockey on board takes off 3lb and is perfectly capable of riding a good race. The horse will probably be run close to the pace if not trying to make all. I expect him to be involved in the finish but with the slight doubt about the extra furlong I will go each way on him.

Re: BBOTD - 16th of Feb 3.30 Lingfield A very competitive handicap with many of these on good looking marks and a few in the right frame of mind. Tukitinyasok looks well handicapped on turf form, but is yet to convince he handles the AW surface and should come on for the run last time out needs to prove to me handles surface. Shared Moment has sparked back to life having had the visor fitted and does need a strongly run race to suit, he is never gone win by much with his style of racing but that means handicapper cant attack her too much, only 2lb higher for latest win. is 2 from 5 round here and best efforts have always come round here, has placed off this mark before and could easily follow up in current mood. The other that interests me is Cuthbert although not guaranteed to stay this trip he plugged on behind next time out winners advertisement and lockantanks and a few good efforts behind make that race form look very strong running off the same mark today and useful claimer takes a handy 3lb off and is currently 1lb below last wining mark. 1pt win Shared Moment 4/1 vc

Re: BBOTD - 16th of Feb 5.10 Kempton: Inquisitress Pretty low grade fare here but sometimes these races are the best fun to try to solve ;) I quite fancy the chances of Inquisitress here. Decent apprentice booked, is potentially very well handicapped if able to recapture a bit of form which is possible given LTO effort over C&D. Good chance at a decent price IMO. 1pt win @ 10/1 PP BOG

Re: BBOTD - 16th of Feb 5:40 Kempton - Lytham - 1pt @ 12/1 (Bet365 - BOG) Recent form would give this fellow little hope. However, I believe he has valid excuses and the return to his favourite track will see him in a greater light, with victory from a big price very likely. He made his return to racing here over C&D back in December, on the back of what was a 7 month lay off. He wasn't suited by the slow early pace, pulled hard and folded tamely before being eased coming into the home straight. Lytham is definitely one who needs a run to be fully wound up, as proved numerous times in the past, so I'll happily pass over that form as nothing like his usual. It would seem worrying that his next & latest 2 runs were also awful efforts, where he came last on both occasions but his trainer says he hates Wolverhampton and it certainly seemed like that last twice. He now drops 8lbs in the weights for those 3 runs and I expect he could be bang in contention now that he's returned to the course that he has won 7 times at, all from just 12 runs. He's handicapped 5 & 7lbs below his last 2 course wins and he's likely to get a good pace to run at, which is highly desired. He's a big horse and now 10 years old, so it'd be no surprise if he needed those few runs to come on and I fully expect a much improved effort here. The yard are in decent knick and do well at the course, whilst Neil Callan takes over the reins and he has 4 wins & 6 seconds from 21 rides here for this yard. Callan was riding out of his skin when last seen in November and he's a big positive to any horses chance of gaining victory. Assuming he's not too rusty on the back of a few months off, he could have a good chance of getting a nice priced winner here, plus he also has a number of rides before Lytham, which should shake off any cobwebs that may be there. Callan rides the track superbly, with an overall 15% strike rate and 9 winners from his last 23 rides, which is brilliant. He'll hopefully prove to be a welcomed addition to this animal, who hasn't had him on board before. Assuming the horse isn't completely spent and the reasons for his poor runs last thrice are legitimate, then I feel he has a very good chance in this lowly contest. He's likely to be around the 20/1 mark, which is huge and is definitely worth a small/medium bet. If I get that price, I'll be delighted and I expect it'll shorten significantly if he's ready to do the business. Noah Jameel rates as a big danger in my opinion but he may prove better over further but could be worth a small stake saver as he made a pleasing comeback after a break.

Re: BBOTD - 16th of Feb Punchestown 1:45 Across The Bay 7-1 BET365(BOG) 0.5pts EW Interesting that Noel Meade drops this horse back in trip to what i believe is his strongest with regular win/places on heavy ground too. Everything looks good but negatives would be that there are two Mullins horses and Across the bay has never won around here. That said, the Mullins yard while they are doing well these two have not been as impressive. Across the bay has place claims at least based on his form and may win this, willing to take on Mullins pair with this selection. Carberry is a top jockey and knows whats required here.

Re: BBOTD - 16th of Feb 15:50 - Muss Gringo - I think this as a very good EW bet if the eight go to start. A CD winner who is going back to hurdles after 2wins a second and a 5th in chases. The fifth was LTO making mistakes whilst jumping. He has won a listed race race in hurdling and is a CD winner. 3/4 record on going 5/17 from distance. Trainer has a fair current form and 23.4% win rate from 183 runs at this track and 44.2% place rate. 0.5EW 16/1 ladbrokes

Re: BBOTD - 16th of Feb 1:15 Punchestown - Fiveforthree - Back OK, so he has a 657 day absence to overcome, but the fact that he is back to the racecourse suggests that all problems have now been sorted. People may think 4/7 is short on the back of that absence but to me the fact that he is that price suggests that connections are confident that he is up to it and if that's the case, 4/7 looks standout. When I was scanning through the various cards on Sporting Life today, he absolutely jumped off the page in terms of form figures, with no worse than 2nd in any of his last 6 runs. If he is anywhere near the horse he was before his absence, he would be around 1/5 here. If he's fit, he'll win and he'll do it easily 1pt win @ 4/7 Paddy Power BOG

Re: BBOTD - 16th of Feb 14:10 Leicester Phar Again looks to notch up his third win a row today and not just only that but he is seeking a hat-trick over this course and distance. Is now 14lbs higher than his win here on the 11th of January and he was raised yet another 7lbs for his latest win but Tommy Phelan does ease that burden today by claiming 3lbs. He knows how to win on the horse having won on board over this CD on the 11th of January. He won both those races in good enough fashion (3 lengths and 5 lengths) and the form from his latest win has been franked since as Ours went on to win in his next race off a 2lb higher mark. He is back up in class today but looking through the field not much else stands out to me and due to him still being fairly treated I feel he will take all the beating at a course he clearly acts at. 1pt win Phar Again @ 10/3 (>Bet365 - BOG)

Re: BBOTD - 16th of Feb 6.40 Fine Ruler ew at 7/1 - BET365 BOG Hinted at a return to form lto when finishing well late on over CD , going down by half a length. Was hampered in running so did well to get so close to winner who it re-opposes today only a 1lb better off. Low mark of 53 , 3lbs lower than last win over CD so does have a chance and top jock Baker on board who shows 48pts profit with trainers older horses.

Re: BBOTD - 16th of Feb 320 Muss: Miereveld (9/4 WH, Lads) The only novice race today is pretty poor so had a look at the juvenile handicap and its pretty tight to be honest, however one that is steadily improving and may have got in a few pounds light is Miereveld. He was second to Ultravox at Towcester in the soft and then ran a good race at Doncaster on his handicap debut, leading two out before weakening. This is less competative and with the stable doing well too he looks the safest option.

Re: BBOTD - 16th of Feb 6.10 Kempton - Island Legend 4/1 Bet365 Only the 7 runners here now and i think Island Legend could make all here from the plum draw. Nothing here to take him on for the lead and a weaker race from his win last time out, smaller field should also make this easier. He was all out for his win lto and an extra 2lb wont make things any easier but in this company he should make a bold bid.

Re: BBOTD - 16th of Feb 3:50 Muss Dontpaytheferryman 1pt win - 9/4 (Skybet) Hasn't been seen over hurdles since November but has since won four out of four races on the flat at Southwell so clearly appreciates a slower surface. Soft ground today will obviously suit and the trip is one of his preferred over hurdles. Given that the experienced 6 year old improved so rapidly on the flat during the winter, he may well have more to give over hurdles and could be on a lenient rating. Ellison is going well at the moment too.

Re: BBOTD - 16th of Feb 3:30 Shared Moment @ Lingfield - Course and distance who was impressive LTO when running wide on the turn into the straight and stayed on to win by a head.Only been given a 2lb penalty for that win and with Chris Catlin in the saddle must go close today 1 pt Win bet @ 9/2 VCBet

Re: BBOTD - 16th of Feb 3.20 Musselburgh - Baraathen (9/1 VC) 1pt Win May have needed his first run for a while last time out and whilst his form last year in juvenile hurdles is nothing spectacular on a line through Sassanian and Joan D'Arc I think he has a couple of these comfortably beat yet is the outsider of the field. Stable continue in decent form and you would imagine that this son of Sakhee will be suited by the tight nature of the track.

Re: BBOTD - 16th of Feb punchestown345 CATLEEN 8/1 BPG paddy power 0.5pt ew big field of handicappers up against the proverbial good thing in the odds on jolly (which should win) im happy to play each way on this one that is running consistently well and is taking on inferior animals here. in short an each way bet to nothing in a dirty each way race that the bookies hate.

Re: BBOTD - 16th of Feb

punchestown345 CATLEEN 8/1 BPG paddy power 0.5pt ew big field of handicappers up against the proverbial good thing in the odds on jolly (which should win) im happy to play each way on this one that is running consistently well and is taking on inferior animals here. in short an each way bet to nothing in a dirty each way race that the bookies hate.
You must post your selection at least 10 minutes before the race! :ok

Re: BBOTD - 16th of Feb 5.00 Lingfield - Mister Green @ 11/4 (VC) This horse has bounced back to form in its last two runs on polytrack - finishing 3rd over 7f at Lingfield, and a cosy win last time at Kempton over the mile. Has shot down the weights after a shocking run of form last year. Was running off 92 even in November, and its win at Kempton came off 63! Now it has got the winning thread back, a 6lb penalty may not be enough - as it has won off 74 and gone close off 84 previously. Conditions look ideal. at Lingfield over 10f its form reads 123367 (including top handicaps and listed races). Is well treated so long as it continues to get back to form - and certainly showed that he may well be with the comfortable 1/2 length victory last time (travelling strongly and leading on the bit). Should go very well.

Re: BBOTD - 16th of Feb 0.5 e/w Alfresco 7.40 kempton Alfresco will probably start as the outsider of 8 runners as it hasnt run for 165 days and was plum last then,but that was a class 2 race,this is class 4 which of Alfresco,s 8 wins 5 have come in class 4 races includeing 1 win over this course and distance,includeing its 8 wins has also been in the top 3 twenty five times from 65 runs which at a projected sp of about 14 or 16/1 is a great record worth a small e/w bet