** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD - 12th of Feb

Aidymac

Ok i know im posting this very early but im just too excited about this race, im getting that sharp tingly feeling , such a competitive race but there is one horse that stands out more than the rest. Walkon - Newbury 3:35 The fact Robert Thornton chose this horse ahead of the other King horses is alone enough of a reason to fancy this but its reappearance run last time out when 2nd to Tiger O' Toole was an incredible training feat as he was off the track so long. Walkon runs off the same mark tomorrow (148) and should strip much fitter tomorrow, in my eyes he is very much the one they all have to beat and although it is a 23 runner handicap, i am very confident it will do the business.. Walkon has never been out of the first 2 in a race in 7 races. 1 Point win @ 8/1 (Coral) BOG

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb Newbury 3.35 Sweet My Lord EW - 20/1 gen Have a sneaky feeling this could be Pricewise tomorrow, so putting it now. Of the two Mullins runners I think he is the better bet. Always been regarded as a good horse and two falls last year meant his mark hasn't gone up too much. His jumping improved a lot when he won lto, and I think he will progress this year. At 20/1 he makes a very good bet and off feather weight, I think he'll be thereabouts tomorrow.

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb 15:00 Newbury Sports Line 1pt win - 8/1 (Ladbrokes) If he learns to settle he could be a big danger here. Was well fancied for the Arkle last year before going off to quick in front and being caught late on in the Irish Arkle. Didn't settle in the Arkle and weakened quickly. Ran well behind Captain Cee Bee at Punchestown but was then shipped over to the McCain yard. Went off at 3/1 on debut for McCain but was too keen again and weakened as expected. He's very lightly raced and is probably open to improvement more than anything else in this field, and it looks pretty moderate for this race. Big price if building on last year's efforts.

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb Only one decent race tomorrow and thats the Trophy Hurdle @ Newbury. Its a decent race with plenty of decent horses improving but Walkon ran a blinder LTO and is hopefully gonna come on for the run. This is shorter and should suit (100% when running over 2m/2m1f). Choc has the choice of 4 and opts for this one, could be a massive sign Conditions not an issue and in a big field will need a bit of luck. Walkon - 1pt Win - 8/1 Coral

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb 3:35 Newbury: Bothy 1pt win 20/1 William Hill Bothy looks interesting as he meets many of the trends and also has solid form last time over hurdles. In th Greatwood Hurdle Bothy was always held by Menorah yet finished no more than a neck down. While he was receiving a lot of weight, that is still an excellent run against one of the favourites for the Champion Hurdle who has an impressive record at Cheltenham. Bothy had a tune up on the all weather since to keep him fresh and wth his trainer Brian Ellison in fine form, a good run looks on the cards.

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb

Only one decent race tomorrow and thats the Trophy Hurdle @ Newbury. Its a decent race with plenty of decent horses improving but Walkon ran a blinder LTO and is hopefully gonna come on for the run. This is shorter and should suit (100% when running over 2m/2m1f). Choc has the choice of 4 and opts for this one, could be a massive sign Conditions not an issue and in a big field will need a bit of luck. Walkon - 1pt Win - 8/1 Coral
Dont mean to be a spoilsport mate but 8/1 has been long gone, has been 7/1 with Corals since 18:02pm, i think you may have seen the price i took early on today.. Best of Luck :beer

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb 3.35 Newbury Good luck to those backing Walkon but I just feel she might bounce and also feel she really need s further, I'm not sure of the form lto and maybe Thornton has chosen wrong here Going to side with The Betchworth Kid here as he is the speed horse here and is bound to be as fit as a fiddle now. Jumping could be better but if he improves that he is in good shape to run really well. Certainly the best value of the King runners so worth an investment on that alone, but this could go to an outsider and he is at least worth an E/W punt 0.5 Pts E/W 33/1 Ladbrokes

Newbury 3.35 Sweet My Lord EW - 20/1 gen Have a sneaky feeling this could be Pricewise tomorrow, so putting it now. Of the two Mullins runners I think he is the better bet. Always been regarded as a good horse and two falls last year meant his mark hasn't gone up too much. His jumping improved a lot when he won lto, and I think he will progress this year. At 20/1 he makes a very good bet and off feather weight, I think he'll be thereabouts tomorrow.
Which bookie Milen, it will be SP unless you quote a bookie mate.

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb 1:55 Newbury - Miss Overdrive - 1pt @ 12/1 (PaddyPower) A wide open class 2 handicap over an extended 3 mile trip at Newbury, but I believe it could pay to side with this relatively lightly raced 7 year old mare. She comes here on the back of 2 decent runs, the first being a 7 length defeat to Barafundle, who finished 2nd to the David Pipe trained Grand Crus on his previous outing. The latter has since won a Grade 2 contest at his ease and is currently the 2nd favourite for the World Hurdle in March. The form of those races alone look quite strong, despite the wide margin winners. There should be a fairly good gallop from the off here, with numerous front runners lining up in opposition and that's exactly what my selection needs, as she sees out her races extremely well and gets 3 miles with relative ease. This trip is no ideal for her, if it's a good stamina test and I expect it to be. The ground is currently listed as Good to Soft, which is no problem to her, although I always thought she'd be better on better ground. Miss Overdrive has been competitive at Listed level. She was staying on strongly that day from a long way back and gets another few furlong furlongs today, so anything better than that run could put her in with a shout here, assuming she steps up on it a bit. She also ran well enough over 3m 1f when coming 4th of 18 behind Universal Truth on her penultimate start. The winner was a handicap good thing and won with ease, but the rest were pretty close together and if it wasn't for the very testing Soft/Heavy ground, then my selection would of been a lot closer. That was probably a joint career best performance, so this 7 year old mare seems to be in fine form and possibly ready to take another step up on what she has shown to date. Another positive for me is that due to being rated only 120, she gets to run here off a riding weight of just 10st 11lbs, with her jockey, BJ Poste taking off another 7lbs to leave her effectively running off 113. He seems to get a decent tune out of her and with conditions likely to be ideal, he can add what seems an unlikely victory to that sequence. The mare is trained by Andy Turnell, who hasn't had too many winners of late but his runners seem to be running with credit and making the frame, so hopefully that's the case once again with this runner. If she's there or thereabouts 2 out, then there won't be too many keeping on as strongly as her, though the only worry is how easily she seems to get outpaced when the business end comes along. This is a mightily tough contest but not beyond Miss Overdrive if she could put everything together, which she hasn't done too often. She ran awfully last time out, but that was in a Grade 3 contest at Sandown just a week ago. She smashed the 7th hurdle that day when already under pressure and never got involved, as she was well out of her depth. Now dropping back in class and up in trip, I'm expecting we'll see a lot more from this game Mare, who has enough ability and form in the book to land a race like this, if on song. Her jockey doesn't have the best of stats, having only ever won one race but that was when we was on board Miss Overdrive and he was also on board for her penultimate start, when she placed in a decent contest. He gets on alright with her and could be in line to get his second ever win if reproducing the effort when coming second behind handicap good thing, Barafundle, over C&D. 10/1 looks a perfectly acceptable price to me and the only doubt I have is how she'll handle 2 races in the space of a week, but at the price, it's worth taking a chance on. The favourite is much too short for me, he's vulnerable off this mark in this company and is probably better going the other way around. I'd much rather take him on and I feel Andy Turnell's charge is the one to do it with. She's priced at 10/1 which looks generous to me, as I had her down as a 7/1 shot. Small/medium stakes in the hope that she handles the short gap between her races and does what she has been threatening to do for a while and win.

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb 1point win Get Me Out Of Here 3.35 newbury 10/1 PP BOG a cracking renewal of the Totesport Trophy and a large field meaning not one for heavy stakes. however despite the possiblity that conditions might detriorate and with a welter weight all the same, last years winner will take all the beating if in Cheltenham form. with willie mullins horses in fine form an eachway play on both might also be the way to go....:nana

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb 2:40 Warwick - Finian's Rainbow - Back I simply cannot look past him here. I napped him lto when he hacked up. Fair enough Tail Of The Ban fell when 2nd, but Finian's Rainbow had him beaten at that point anyway, travelling really sweetly whilst Tail Of The Bank was well and truly under the pump. He re-opposes today but Finian's is actually better off at the weights today so impossible to see a form reversal there. Stagecoach Pearl is in good form but I just simply don't think he has the tactical speed that Finian's Rainbow has, and I think Finian's will travel smoothly enough to force that rival into costly errors. Kilmurry has been nibbled overnight and was in good form until a heavy defeat lto. He has genuine excuses for that run so can overlook that performance easily, but I simply don't think he's in the same league as Finian's Rainbow here. All in all I expect that Finian's Rainbow will win this with the minimum amount of fuss and therefore justify his position as antepost favourite for the Arkle 1pt win @ 2/5 William Hill BOG

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb 3.35 Newbury Bothy ew 20/1 >Paddy Power Bothy -Was at Cheltenham when he finished second to Menorah and was lucky enough to have bets on both horses that day. Went home being very impressed with othy and deceided to follow him forthe next few races. Had a run out ion a bumper on the all weather over the bad weather period and comes here with plentyo prove. Looks decently handicaped here and with ground to suit a repeat of the Cheltenham run will see him in the shake up.

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb 1.55 Newbury sir kezbaah win Has already shown some decent form this year when finishing second to salden licht. Think the horse can improve for a further step up in trip after staying on well lto towards the finish. Did best of the fancied runners in that race and I expect him to go close in this

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb 2:10 Coscorrig BET365(BOG) 12-1 EW Has been running well recently but just getting pipped by better horses on the day, always in the frame and shows great battling performances. Jockey takes 5lbs off today which attracted me to this horse last week so conditions the same today so still think its great value at this price. Today could be a chance to turn those nearlies into a win finally

2:10 Coscorrig BET365(BOG) 12-1 EW Has been running well recently but just getting pipped by better horses on the day' date= always in the frame and shows great battling performances. Jockey takes 5lbs off today which attracted me to this horse last week so conditions the same today so still think its great value at this price. Today could be a chance to turn those nearlies into a win finally
Leopardstown 2:15.......

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb 140 Warwick: Kayfton Pete (20/1 Bet365) Nothing sticks out in the novice hurdles today but this novice handicap there appears to be a bit of value in Reg Hollinsheads Kayfton Pete. Running off 110 which just gets in this race he was fourth last time behind some useful yard sticks, they were clear of the others and some bits of earlier form also put him in with a squeak. Should be half the price in my book so a little EW at 20/1 looks interesting.

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb 2.25 Newbury - Noland (12/1 Boyles) 1pt Win Never travelling last time out at Cheltenham, but too soon to be writting him off yet in my opinion. Happy to take Riverside Theatre on as I think he's best fresh and his form could begin to tail off as the season progresses. My selection receives a nice allowance from the two market principles and whilst more of a sign that he retains his ability would be preferable I'm happy to take a punt at the price.

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb 4.50 Lingfield Class 3, 1m2f handicap with the maximum 14 in the field. As much as I look at this, I fancy the market leaders to hold sway and will be taking 2 wins bets at combined odds of 2/1. Good Again is well handicapped, is this top jocks only ride of the day and, in my opinion, is well suited by this trip. Based on its last run, this price is justified. Lto here over C&D, in this grade, off this mark, we can consider it unlucky. Finished 7th of 8, 4L back but we need to read much more into that run. Was travelling so easily, eased into contention but couldn't get a run inside in the last 1.5 furlongs, repeatedly blocked off before eased close home. Wider draw should help as should a better jock and I think it can avenge its defeat lto. The other for me is Franco Is My Name. I've read somewhere that it's better at Kempton, I don't agree. Tends to hang left so Lingfield is ideal, and course record of 1-1-3 proves that. Is improving all the time so I am hoping it can handle a extra pound in the weights after finishing a close up 3rd here lto where jock gave it a poor ride. Previous to that at Kempton, found 1m4f too far but still finished 2nd. Record over 10f on AW is 5 wins, 1 3rd, 1 unpl, and this one goes better over the winter months, record between Nov & Feb of 6 wins, 2 places. Has a solid win record which is key so I'll take this one & Good Again to battle out the finish. Good Again, 1pt win @ 4/1 Coral BOG

12.Feb 2011 10:17Newbury 16:40Outright Betting, Balding Banker, 14/1Open
Single £0.50 EW, 1 bets, £1.00 (Pot.Ret. £9.40)
balding banker is a course and distance winner,it won last time out over this same distance and the time before that was a good 2nd,its only had 2 runs,stan james giving 14/1 is to big a price not to get on, not sure how this will look as copyed and pasted the bet with the race details and stake on

3:35 Walkon @ Newbury - Was out injured last season but was very impressive on return last month finishing 2nd in a grade 2 race.King has two in the race and Choc Thornton has opted for Walkon as will I. 1pt Win bet @ 8/1 VCBet
King has 4 in the race mate.. Walkon Salden Licht The Betchworth Kid Iolith

Dont mean to be a spoilsport mate but 8/1 has been long gone' date=' has been 7/1 with Corals since 18:02pm, i think you may have seen the price i took early on today.. Best of Luck :beer[/quote'] Well done on getting the 8/1 as well! I didnt look at the prices again when I posted as I assumed it handnt moved, current best price is 15/2 with Bet365 so happy to take that as part of the comp. In any event I dont actually think Walkon will now win so its probably not my BBOTD but will stick with it nevertheless

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb 3.30 Newbury: Drill Seargent 0.5pts e/w @ 20/1 Bet365 BOG Missed an appointment for this last sunday in the Scottish County Hurdle at Musselburgh when well fancied. Was decent on the flat for Mark Johnston and could prove very well handicapped here today especially with a decent apprentice on top claiming an additional 5lbs. Return to this kind of trip looks sensible after appearing not to stay 2m5f LTO at Kempton. Decent chance at big odds.

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb 1.55 Newbury - Ackertac - 0.5pts e/w @ 14/1 (VC) Previously improving Nigel Twiston-Davies runner, before flopping in a big Kempton handicap hurdle - won by James De Vassy - in mid January. No real excuses that day, other than perhaps the trip being a touch on the sharp side. Was beaten 71l, though. Seems to prefer good ground - but it was only good/soft that day, and it is the same today. Shouldn't have run that flat. The NTD yard were in poor form, though, and now seem to be hitting a little bit of form again. If you ignore Ackertac's latest run, it was showing consistent improvement. Two comfortable novice wins were followed by a decent 5th behind Cross Kennon in a listed handicap at Cheltenham over 3m2f, just fading out of the picture. Looked unfortunate at Cheltenham behind Lush Life, when making headway going well enough, when jumping excellently, but unfortunately straight into trouble and was brought down. Hopefully can bounce back here, at a nice e/w price of 14/1.

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb 15.15 Leopardstown Was all set to go with Carter in the last at Wolverhampton when I noticed this. China Rock is my top rated horse in this one but the price available doesn't suggest that. He is an improving horse who can perform at this level, the only doubt I have is with regards to the distance as the other threats in this race (Joncol & Money Trix) are proven over this trip. But I reckon that if he can take to this trip, China will be there at the end. If Irish racing isn't allowed today (can't see that anyone else that has posted a selection for here today) or if China is a non runner, then I'll go with Carter in the 21.20 at Wolverhampton. Currently 11/10 @ Paddy Power. China Rock - 1pt Win - 15/2 @ Bet365