** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD - 12th of Feb

Aidymac

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb 335 Newbury - Get me out of here 12/1 (b365,VC,SJ) Sometimes it's about instinct as much as anything. His Cheltenham form is there, and despite two insufficent runs, i think he will return to something near his best today. I don't see any problems with the trip or ground. I think a mark of 150 is fair enough. He should be difficult enough to beat.

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb 4.50 Lingfield - Hidden Glory 14/1 Bet 365 E/W Impressed by this one last time out, travelled well and quickened up down the rail very nicely to score a shade cosily. 5lb rise is fair and returns here under similar conditions. Should get a decent gallop which should suit and looks like there's still more improvement in this one.

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb 3.40 Lingfield - EBRAAM 3-1 1pt Win Hills I gave this a good speed rating rating last time when staying on nicely over 6f and that should put him spot on for this today. Before that he was just over a length behind Feelin Foxy and is now 10lb better off with that one today. Feelin Foxy knows one way to race and he again should bowl along in front but on the much better terms I can see Ebraam running him down late. Yourlikemefrank is seeking a hatrick but only just hung on last time in a class 6 so is up in class and weight - Ebraam should go very close

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb Bostons Angel 1.45 Leopardstown 7-1 Skybet I really like Mikael D'Haguenet and the bookies are taking no chances but it is priced up on hurdles form and potential as a chaser. I have no doubt if it jumps well it should win but I prefer proven form in these big graded races or at least some kind of form over jumps. Bostons Angel definitely gets the trip, possibly needs further but goes on heavy ground and could make it a proper stamina test. It was 1st and 4th in 2 Grade 1 races and knew how to win as a hurdler. Raced prominently last time out and could be hard to peg back if dictating the race. Magnanimity has been running well, probably needs to improve again but my concern is that it is just getting home over the trip and never wins easily, always looks hard pressed at the finish. Mullins has won the race the last 3 years, if he wins it today I'd favour Quel Esprit over Mikael D'Haguenet but my selection is Bostons Angel.

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb 2.35 Lingfield Incomparable - beaten by less than a length by Jack Rackham over this trip three runs ago, Was below par at Southwell but then returned to form last time out (albeit over shorter) when a neck second. 25/1 with Sporting Bet, I have him down as a 6/1 shot. EW

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb 2.35pm @ Lingfield 'Picansort' 10/3 Won well enough last time out against similar sorts including some of these and young horse should still be improving. One of those behind last time, tislaam, won impressively the other day. Jimmy Quinn up top and has to go very close. 1 point win Replacement NAP due to abandonment of Newbury.

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb Replacement: 2.35 Lingfield - Jungle Bay 1 pt win @ 6/1 (BlueSQ) Jungle Bay's form has shown improvement in its last two runs - a keeping on 5th over 6f behind Arctic Lynx at this venue. Only beaten just over 2l. Ran well again over 7f last time out, though was hampered and hit the front too soon. Beaten 1 1/4 by Rubenstar - quite a prolific horse at Lingfield - and the drop back to 6f should suit this horse fine today. Looks on a good mark and has a decent draw in 5 and seems a fair each way price at 6/1.

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb Newbury is off so... 3.15 Leopardstown - The Listener (8/1 Bet365) 0.5pts E/W Competitive field for the Hennessy and I fancy The Listener to notch up another victory on Irish soil. Has a good record fresh but also on the second run back from a break and should go well after running well for a long way in the Lexus, loves heavy ground and is not to be discounted lightly despite his advancing years.

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb Reserve; 3:20 Ayr Reindeer Dippin 1pt win - 7/1 (Skybet) Started the 11/10 favourite when falling at the first in a handicap chase trying to defy a mark of 130. Hadn't run since then (a year earlier) and was given an easy time over hurdles when beaten behind Warne's Way. Will appreciate the return to a left-handed track, all poor runs of late were right-handed including two falls. Might be a big price for such a lightly raced sort that could still be well handicapped.

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb With Newbuy abandoned. 3.50 Leopardstown Glenstal Abbey ew 20/1 Boylesports Been in fine form over fences winning twice. Reverts to hurdles today and looks to have been given a competitive mark by the handicapper. Has twice won over hurdles on heavy ground so the todays conditions will suit for Swan/Casey combination.

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb REINDEER DIPPIN 3.20 Ayr. 0.5 points each way. Can be hit and miss, but certainly has the ability to win this race, and does like heavy ground. The trip's fine and, although he can jump a little erratically, I feel the race can be run at a sensible enough pace to see him get his jumping right. Can go very close today if in the mood.

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb Grudge 3.40 Lingfield. 0.5 points each way. In and out a bit too much, but does have the form to get involved in the finish of this race. The trip and surface isn't a concern and does drop down to an attractive looking mark of 71. Hayley Turner riding as well as ever and the small field could play into her hands. Price makes the bet, as it always should.

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb

12.Feb 2011 10:17Newbury 16:40Outright Betting' date=' Balding Banker, 14/1Open
Single £0.50 EW, 1 bets, £1.00 (Pot.Ret. £9.40)
balding banker is a course and distance winner,it won last time out over this same distance and the time before that was a good 2nd,its only had 2 runs,stan james giving 14/1 is to big a price not to get on, not sure how this will look as copyed and pasted the bet with the race details and stake on
as newbury abbandoned replaceing this with..
1Charlie Bucket @ 26.00
Unit Stake: 0.50 EW Single
Stake: 1.00
Total Stake: 1.00 placed with bet365 based only on its run in november where it was 2nd of 12 in a class 3 race,the 25/1 on offer with bet365 is a good e/w price it should get this trip as only a furlong further

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb Replacement.. 4:50 Lingfield - Franco Is My Name - 1pt @ 11/2 (Powers - BOG) Highly talented individual who is probably best suited to Kempton but has won here over C&D and looks well enough treated. They're likely to go pretty quick from the off and that'll be ideal for Franco Is My Name, who gets 1m 4f comfortably and is best suited to truly run races. If the gaps open at the right time, then I can't see this fellow not being involved in the finish. He has a great strike rate on the all weather, winning 6 of his 14 starts and finishing unlucky on a number of other occasions. With the possibility of even more progression, I think that a mark of 86 is certainly not beyond him and now that Dane O'Neill takes the ride, I fancy his chances even more so. This is a tough race by all means but he's ideally suited to these bigger fields and is drawn decently enough. He travels well, has a good turn of foot and looks best suited to going left handed having edged left on a few occasions around Kempton, so I'm interested in him at Lingfield again, having finished a close up 3rd last time out over this C&D in a similarly hot contest when he took too long to get going. If things fall right for him, then I think he's the best handicapped horse in the race and winning is within his grasp. The 13/2 looks massive and I marked him up as a 4/1 chance, with claims of being shorter. He's still on the upgrade, very talented and likely to make his presence felt. Maximum bet for me, which does look a bit risky in such a wide open affair but he'll thrive in these conditions and I expect a huge run.

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb Reserve.... 6:50 Wolverhampton: What's Up Doc 1pt win 7/1 Skybet These races can often be won by the best jockey rather than the best horse, and What's Up Doc certainly won't lack assistance from the saddle. At 10, What's Up Doc has seen better years, but could still feature off 60 here.

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb 8.20 Wolves Covert Decree 20/1 VC win Prescott horse should be hard to beat after an encouraging début at kempton. As for the rest of them though, they arn't anything special. If this horse is even slightly better than average (which he could be), he could run well. At 20/1 I will take my chance.

Re: BBOTD - 12th of Feb Wolves 9.20: Jeer Dangerously well handicapped if fit from a break. C&D winner and has won on the AW from a mark of 76 in the past so current rating winnable. Stable's flat runners appear to be getting into stride with last 3 going down by small margins at decent odds. Could upset the favourite in the lucky last IMO. 1pt win @ 13/2 VC BOG