Best Bet of The Day 06/01/11

cpo

18.40 Wolverhampton Fortunate Bid 10/1 Betfred 1pt win This is a strong bet for me today and have been waiting for it to reappear. John Potts is in the form of his life but I think this horse is worth taking on today with Fortunate Bid. Returned from a break over CD a few weeks ago where he travelled very strongly and was in behind a wall of horses turning for home and then when trying to make a run got hampered and lost its momentum. Still managed to finish strongly and get within 2.5 lengths of the winner. Bentley who finished just ahead of the selection has won since and Pie Poudre put up another good effort finishing third over CD. To me this was an eye catching run after a 104 day absence. I think there's only a few in here with a chance with most of the field looking very average. This represents a drop in class for the horse today so I am hoping for a big run.

Best bet of the day 6th Jan 1.20 Southwell I cant see much getting into this bar last years winner Harlech Castle and the unexposed Benato the Great. Harlech Castle returned to something like some form over CD in claimer last month when finishing well but this was probably still not enough to win a race of this calibre at the moment for all he is on a very attractive mark 14lb below last winning mark. For me the only horse in the race is Benato The Great he looks a real class act, still running very green last time out but easily made it 2 from 2 in his career and confirmed his liking for this surface, up 7lb for that effort but useful claimer takes off 3lb and still looks well ahead of his mark. 0.5pt win Benato The Great 5/4 Bet365

Re: Best bet of the day 6th Jan A faller last time out but was going along pretty nice until the 5th from home when he sadly came down. He's the rank outsider in this 4 runner race but he could give Paul Nolan a wee lift with a win. He was 2nd to Noel Meade's Pandorama back in 2009 and if he can stay on his feet this time he must have a VERY live chance. Thurles 1:05 CLAN TARA 1pt win bet. Best of luck.

Re: Best bet of the day 6th Jan 1:20 Southwell - Benato The Great - Back I'm playing snap with Chris here. Looks absolutely standout and I'm staggered he's odds against at the moment. At 5/4 he looks a huge price and I wouldn't be a tad surprised if he ends up going off at about 4/6. He's won 2 out of 2 including a C&D win lto which is always a major plus at Southwell. He won that race really well suggesting there was plenty of improvement to come and I think he'll maintain his unbeaten career record here 1pt win @ 5/4 Bet365 BOG

Re: Best Bet of The Day 06/01/11 Southwell 15:50 There is something about Dontpaytheferryman I really like. I backed him during his last run here just before the new year where he impressed no end and I think that despite the heafty penalty he has incurred for that success, he has enough about him to see off the likes of Kingaroo and Magic Haze. I thought I would have got around evens on this one but the early prices confirm the fact that the bookies seem to agree with me that he will do well. Plus, I can't access the Bet365 site yet again so I'm not sure if they are offering a better price. Dontpaytheferryman - 1pt Win - 8/11 @ VC

Re: Best Bet of The Day 06/01/11 3.50 southwell Minortransgression - up against a horse that looks around a stone well in in dontpaytheferryman and whilst I expect the fav to win my selection looks worth an ew bet now up in trip. Has been crying out for a stamina test and finally gets it today. 1/4 odds the place so I'm getting just under 4/5 if he places. 10/1 bet 365, 0.5 pt ew

Re: Best Bet of The Day 06/01/11 19:10 Wolverhampton Slightly optimistic this one, as it’s drawn pretty terribly and has obviously had a few problems, but I feel that Kanace should be a lot better than a horse rated 47, and is worth a punt in this contest. He’s moved trainers a few times, as he started his career with Ian Williams. He ran three times in AW maidens, and although never making the frame, seemed to slowly improve from run to run. These were over trips that were on the sharp side. He didn’t weaken too badly, but just never got into contention. He was allotted a mark of 45 for his handicap debut. This handicap debut was his most promising run to date, and if replicating it, even with a poor draw today, he could piss this. It took place at Bath over a mile, and he was quite well backed all day, and ended up 9/2f. He broke and travelled well, and perhaps pulled a little too hard, he wanted to go on a bit quicker. He just couldn’t quite keep on for a challenge and ended up finishing 3rd. He was only 3 lengths behind the winner, Flag of Glory who later won off a mark of 70, and in 2nd was Celtic Ransom, who was consistent on marks of around 60. He was entitled to improve from that run, and I expected a decent performance. It seemed that he might not quite have stayed the mile that well, so the drop down to 7f today will prove to be of benefit. Last seen in a maiden here in November, likely that was too competitive a race (he looked in need of the run) and he also was running over a trip that was likely to be too far for him. Should strip fitter for that run and I think he can recreate his Bath run once again. Some market support for him already. EW @ 12/1 William Hill

Re: Best Bet of The Day 06/01/11 210 Hnt: High Benefit EW (7/2 Bet365) The 2.10 is probably the best novice race of the day, Cucumber Run will be a hot fav after his pleasing debut at Newbury when second to Pride In Battle, this looks easier and is fancied to go one better. High Benefit is well regarded by connections and made hard work on winning her debut at Warwick when odds on, last time she was going well when falling behind Backspin and have a feeling she is alright, does carry a penalty though. Thoresby and Fairynuff have place prospects at good prices but will be surprised if this is not a two horse race over the final couple of hurdles.

Re: Best Bet of The Day 06/01/11 Southwell 14:50 - Nicholas Pocock @ 4/1 Stan James WIN The money coming for this one could well be a sign with the owners normally doing well with their gambles, the horse has fair form and shown the ability to win a race of this nature, a weak class 6 affair this with just 7 going to post and I think the Pocock can strike.

Re: Best Bet of The Day 06/01/11 Huntingdon 2:10 Looks like slim 16-1 BET365(BOG) 0.5pts EW Watched this horse finish 6th last month at newbury and immediately added it to my alerts. Was traveling really well that time and hit some traffic a few furlongs out and got distracted, still a creditable run but should have been placed. If it gets a clean run today i can see this horse causing an upset, trip and ground should be ideal and at 16-1 has place claims at least.

Re: Best Bet of The Day 06/01/11 2.50pm Southwell - 'Bentley' @ 11/4 (BOG Ladbrokes) Won very easily over course and distance last time out and this race doesn't look any better. Stays the trip well, running style means it's a fairly straight forward ride and the jockey gets on well with horse. 1 point win

Re: Best Bet of The Day 06/01/11 1.10 Huntingdon

DHAAFAR - 1pt win 11-2 Vcbet

I need to find a winner as I am at the wrong end of the BBOTD table at the moment:sad so I am hoping this one can come on a fair bit from his last run when 2nd of 9 at Wetherby. Jockey and Trainer do well at this track and will hopefully get a winner on the board for me “or not” :D

Re: Best Bet of The Day 06/01/11 6:40 Fitzwarren @ Wolverhampton - Hasnt been seen since July when finishing 2nd at Beverley only a length and a half behind the winner.Last ran on the all weather back in March last year when finishing 2nd again 2 lengths down that day.That was in a class 6 so the drop down to a class 7 tonight may help as will the booking of Jimmy Quinn and could run a good race at a big price. 0.5pt E/W @ SP

Re: Best Bet of The Day 06/01/11 12:40 Huntingdon - KINGS STORY @ 3/1 VC Maybe had some problems as was off the track for over 2 years but was well supported in the market on return only to be dissapointing. That race over 19 furlong i think was too short and step up to 26 furlong should suit as ran well over 3 mile before when on a mark of 80 and now off 71 looks an attractive mark.

Re: Best Bet of The Day 06/01/11 4.10 Wolverhampton - Shutterbug (2/1 SportingBet) 1pt Win Not a great race and hard to fancy most of these, my selection has showed some good form in the context of this race since switched to the polytrack and a repetition of her 2nd last time out in a better race than this will probably be good enough to take this. 2/1 looks plenty generous and I expect her to be going off closer to evens.

Re: Best Bet of The Day 06/01/11 17:10 Wolv Misty Morn - Best run to date was a CD nursery when 28/1 second at the end of November. Although not the best draw is a back of the pack runner and the experienced Jimmy Quinn on top makes me believe this is the value bet at 8/1 V/C 1pt win

Re: Best bet of the day 6th Jan

A faller last time out but was going along pretty nice until the 5th from home when he sadly came down. He's the rank outsider in this 4 runner race but he could give Paul Nolan a wee lift with a win. He was 2nd to Noel Meade's Pandorama back in 2009 and if he can stay on his feet this time he must have a VERY live chance. Thurles 1:05 CLAN TARA 1pt win bet. Best of luck.
Backed Davy Russell in the 1:05 and in the 2:05 he never gave the poor horse a chance of jumping in the 1:05 and he fluffed the hurdle in the 2:05. He then wins the 2:35 at 6/1. what a strange game this is. Fingers in ice time, cheers Davy.

Re: Best Bet of The Day 06/01/11 Jambo Bibi 17:10 Wolves looks good value at 10.5 Stripping out the 6f form shows two close defeats and back over this trip today could take advantage of a favourite that likes to find one too good.

Re: Best Bet of The Day 06/01/11 Wolverhampton 5.40 - Kiama Bay - 4/1 Bet365 Cant be having Albertus Pictor at 2/1 here, lightly raced Prescott runner is always feared but based on his last run he could be anything. Bold Adventure has never won off this high and appears better over further, may put in a big run from the front though as i doubt he'll get much competition for the lead. Straversjoy has got a 6lb rise from an all out win and is now in better company, progressive but i think this will be a step to far. Kames Park will probably pop up in a handicap at some point as he's well handicapped but flopped on his last handicap start and is inconsistent, has a good record in small fields though so this may favour him. Parhelion will need to return from a break and show remarkable improvement, unlikely. This leave with me with the lightly raced Kiama Bay who had excuses last time out. Tried over 14f for the first time and reportedly had heart troubles after the race, i expect this has been sorted out after some time out. Before that he ran very well in a much stronger race than this trying this trip for the first time. Travelled well that day and showed inexperience but stayed on well over course and distance. He's 4lb higher than that run without the claimer on board but is open to improvement and should get a decent gallop that i think he'll need. John Quinn's runners are going well of late and this is one of Liam Keniry's 2 rides on the card. Other runners in the field have got just as many or more question marks over them and 7/1 is massive imo.

Re: Best Bet of The Day 06/01/11 7.10 Wolves: Cane Cat 1pt win @ 7/1 WillHill BOG Price looks good value IMO. Horse looked a little unlucky LTO when not getting clear run at Kempton over this trip. May not have won that day but was certainly entitled to finish a lot closer and 1lb rise in the handicap seems fair. Will need luck in running if adopting similar tactics this evening but in a very poor looking race think 7/1 is a great bet.

Re: Best Bet of The Day 06/01/11 6:40 Wolverhampton - John Potts A lowly class 7 encounter, where the standout runner, John Potts, is looking for his third straight win. The second also came in a cl7 20 days ago, after dropping down from a cl6 victory. He is the only CD winner taking part, so the 5/1 price is too tempting! 5/1 bet365 - win

Re: Best Bet of The Day 06/01/11

7.10 Wolves: Cane Cat 1pt win @ 7/1 WillHill BOG Price looks good value IMO. Horse looked a little unlucky LTO when not getting clear run at Kempton over this trip. May not have won that day but was certainly entitled to finish a lot closer and 1lb rise in the handicap seems fair. Will need luck in running if adopting similar tactics this evening but in a very poor looking race think 7/1 is a great bet.
Never placed to challenge imo, and one to keep a close eye.