** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Horse Racing £5000 - £25000 in a year.

Primevil

Re: Horse Racing £5000 - £25000 in a year. Boy,, how heavy is the ground today, Bobby donald never go into the race. 2.50 Wolves. Magical star, 7/1 exchange 13/2 books. This will go off alot shorter, i am on at 13/2, He needs to have 6f, and ask yourself why this still has a box at RH?,,hopefully the win will be today. gl

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Horse Racing £5000 - £25000 in a year. Primevil, I was also at the game yesterday and although not a Liverpool or Everton fan, I feel the Everton fans are getting a little carried away with the result. They were dominated in the first half, got not just one but two lucky breaks for their goals, and then failed to kick on having established a lead. If Liverpool are as bad as the blue half believe them to be, then how or why did you let them back into the game? The heady heights of a supposed "top 4" challenge must seem like awhile ago now. I'd definitely be taking Liverpool to finish above Everton in any match bet either for this season or next, especially with Dalglish and Steve Clarke at the helm, and as I say I'm no red (Newcastle fan if you must know!), just an observer.

Re: Horse Racing £5000 - £25000 in a year. Yep, agree about the game, but at the time u look through rose tinted etc, I know we are a mid table side,,46 points at best this season. What gets to me is all this messiah,bulllocks, they are no better than 50 points this season. Thanks about Rith Bob,,Was my main bet of the day, won well.:D

Re: Horse Racing £5000 - £25000 in a year. Last bet of the day. 3.40 Plum,, Quartz de Moncteua At 5/1, is just simply well overpriced, loves the ground and course, and the only one that imo can improve out of this lot. I think he will make all and win easily. 5/1 taken ,,exchanges GL

Re: Horse Racing £5000 - £25000 in a year.

Primevil, I was also at the game yesterday and although not a Liverpool or Everton fan, I feel the Everton fans are getting a little carried away with the result. They were dominated in the first half, got not just one but two lucky breaks for their goals, and then failed to kick on having established a lead. If Liverpool are as bad as the blue half believe them to be, then how or why did you let them back into the game? The heady heights of a supposed "top 4" challenge must seem like awhile ago now. I'd definitely be taking Liverpool to finish above Everton in any match bet either for this season or next, especially with Dalglish and Steve Clarke at the helm, and as I say I'm no red (Newcastle fan if you must know!), just an observer.
I am 100% Everton. We are poor but so are the vermin. I'd be happy this season if Liverpool do not qualify for Europe, finish 8th-20th and lose Reina and Torres. They are not a big club anymore and live in the past. Lets say they finish 8th and no Europe, will their best players hand around, maybe Gerrard, but Torres and Reina will go due to no European football. Reina could go Arsenal or Man Utd and win things Torres could go city and maybe win things. Who will they attract player wise then with no Europe, no one-well no one good anyway. Kenny Dalglish will probably stay on as manager as no decent manager will go there-they not going to get a top name as their reputation would be over managing them. They are bin dippers and I hate them so much. I have been waiting for this time to come for many years now. We will overtake them in the next few years. Lets see if the attendance figures start to fall, cant say its a protest against Hodson as he now gone. Goodison is full every time we play, and we been bad for years.

Re: Horse Racing £5000 - £25000 in a year. Jazz when you say living in the past what do you mean? They finished 2nd in the Prem 2 years ago, reached a Champs league final in 2007 and won it in 2005. I;m no expert but that's surely more succcess than Everton have enjoyed in recent times, so how are your bitter rivals living in the past more than their great rivals? I'd be the first to agree with you that Liverpool are definitely teetering at the moment, and they could well lose Torres and Reina. But they'll get very good money for them surely. Also doesn't take a genius to work out that Liverpool's owners have the clout to spend, Everton dont. I know fans can sometimes allow their heart to rule their head, but I really wouldn't be confident of Everton overtaking Liverpool anytime soon. From an outsiders point of view one is a huge club with tremendous history both doemstically and abroad. The other is a very solid club with great supporters. But unless someone comes and does a "Man City" with them, and also builds them new ground, they are destined to remain a club who will forever be living in the others shadow, and that's just plain fact whether the blue half like it or not. Re the Dalglish angle, he may just be the decent manager they need. He's one of only 5 men to have won a Premier League title, the others being Fergie, Wenger, Mourinho and Ancellotti - that's pretty decent company.

Re: Horse Racing £5000 - £25000 in a year. With regards to Dalglish, i dont think he is a very good manager, even tho his record is impressive, if you really look at it, he was player manager 1985-91, in that time he won several trophies but the opposition was not up to much as we were banned for the majority of the time from europe, no playes wanted to come to english football. Then when the ban was lifted all sorts of players wanted to come to england, and the level playing field showed dalglish for what he was, average. I Then breaking all kinds of transfer records, he bought his way to the title in 95, I will tell you this I would bet a kings ransom, liverpool finish nowere near the champions league this season. And one more thing, yes Everton need a huge takeover to happen, but they are not alone, 10 other clubs are in the same boat, but Lpool have rich owners, and if you think they will pump money in year on year, think again, they are in it to make money not to lose it...like man city are, win trophies at any cost mentality.

Re: Horse Racing £5000 - £25000 in a year. Dont think they will pump money in Primevil, not on a Man City scale, but i reckon they'll invest in the team. With Comolli in place now, KD as manager (and even if that doesn't remain after the season, with a role within the club), Steve Clarke as coach, I think things look alot healthier now for the club than 6 months ago. re KD's record, I understand why some will question it, but the fact is that he's won the title with 2 different clubs. And who hasn't spent to win it? Man Utd, Chelsea, even Arsenal if the right player comes along spend money. I remember reading an article years ago which showed how well he'd done with buying and selling players on. Shearer was sold for a huge profit, as I think were Sutton, Le Saux, Sherwood, Flowers. I also, through my line of work, had a chance to speak to Tony Gale about him, he was also at Blackburn, and he said he was by far and away the best manager he ever played under. It will be interesting to see how things pan out. I know it is different from the neutrals perspective as opposed to someone who is desperate to see him and them fail (!), but i wouldn't be holding my breath that Liverpool will finish in a worse position next season than they do this. And yes I agree with you, I'd be lumping on them to finish outside top 4 this season. I wouldn't back them at 100's, but a Europa Cup run isn't out of the question, and they could finish 7th.

Re: Horse Racing £5000 - £25000 in a year. I find that its now a case of Bookmakers will not take a chance on any horse they have chalked up, unless they can immediately lay it of in the whole. And you dont want to ask or try to get on, for them to say no, but you have shown your hand... Very frustrating if you want to get on at a double figure price, thats the situation i am in today, Hardly no liquidity on the exchanges and no chance with the books. And to top it all the few quid thats available, The books keep on cramping the odds down by taking the £10 ;s that become available.:@ This is becoming more and more evident.

Re: Horse Racing £5000 - £25000 in a year. Ok 1.40 Folk,, BEARNEEN BOY, Managed to get 14/1 12/1,,hope you can get this e/w. I am on e/way. This is the day for this horse will be the gamble of the day, excellent trade out. See form,,see the clues yourself. GL

Re: Horse Racing £5000 - £25000 in a year. UL with the above e/way, what a trade if you got it, alas i did not. However to my NAP of the day. BELLES BEAU, 4.20 WOLVES. What a cock up the hcappers have made here, off 60 is a ridicoulus easy mark, this will get the pace today and the step up is ideal. I got 7/2, no wbits available at 7/2, but it will go soon, i reckon hell go off at 9/4. GL

Re: Horse Racing £5000 - £25000 in a year. No m8, i dont but plenty do, ARbing is not for me, but as i have pointed out the majority of the selections i put up early, trade lower at some point, Id like to think its minds thinking alike, but who knows.? Sometimes you feel your going to have a good day, and i feel it today, good racing, good horses, i'll post my selections 10 mins if i can before each race, once i get my money on,,,GL:hope

Re: Horse Racing £5000 - £25000 in a year. Next two bets 2.50 Newc EURO AMERICAN, TO COME BACK TO FORM, 9/1 TAKEN 3.15 NEWB STONEYS TREASUSURE, my best bet of the day without a dout, 2.92 taken. I expect him to win easy, at around 11/8. GL

Only found this thread today. Very interesting. Anyone been keeping a profit and loss record just as a matter of interest?
No, I thought that was his job but he doesn't seem to bother anymore. I make it one winner from the last 7 bets at 6/4. Not great.

Only found this thread today. Very interesting. Anyone been keeping a profit and loss record just as a matter of interest?
JUst as Danny says, he only hinted here and there how profitable it was during the days of kamikadze staking. I pretty much doubt any profit would be made at level stakes (so far), the thing is that he won a lot with the last gasp/back to the wall bet and would probably dwell on that if anyone asked. I suspect you would never see a proper P/L figures here which is a pity as if you take your time to read through all the gloating and stuff, there might be something of interest for some.;)

I think he's only got a couple of £k to lose before he hits his magical target of £25k.

Re: Horse Racing £5000 - £25000 in a year. If you read properly, I'm not putting my bets up in ££££'s from now on due to abuse, so as on previous page, i done a running total for this thread to a £10 stake,,win or £5 e/w,,,, The running total from 30th dec is +++£126. Thank you, and as i always say the majority of my selections trade alot shorter pree off or during the race, I DO NOT TRADE OUT, but there are plenty who do. Fist selection of the day is NEW DEN in the 12.50, i think he will hold on today, by making all. 4.1 taken, but i assure you will trade alot less odds on in running,,definately.gl:D

Re: Horse Racing £5000 - £25000 in a year. 1.30 Taunton. I cant see THUNDERSTORM BEING OUT OF THE FIRST 3. He wold have needed the latest run in a decent hurdle race, was overkeen early and took time to settle, and got tired late on. Obviously the fav looks decent but i am willing to take a chance he can be turned over, the 2nd fav won a race but was not the greatest. 23/1 win taken and 3.2 place, GL, ps 14/1 with the books.

Re: Horse Racing £5000 - £25000 in a year. Running total from 30th December? Why that date? Seems a bit random. I'm sure I read a profit figure not too long ago so it shouldn't be that difficult to tie the two together. Good luck today anyway.