** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Snooker: UK Championships

Re: Snooker: UK Championships Jeez, I think I've run over more than just 1 cat. Anyway, taking 2 bets tomorrow with larger than normal stakes. It's not about chasing losses (I've learnt not to do that), it's just that I'm extremely confident on these 2 and feel luck has to turn. Irrespective of my current P&L, I would have taken these 2 to the recommended stakes. M.Allen to hit highest break v S.Bingham 7pts @ 8/13 SportingBet I think this is a cracking price for a player I expect to go on and win this game. Mark Allen is a player I always like to have on side when it comes to break building. Disappointed against Ding in that breaks kept breaking down but (in the absence of the 2nd session frame scores) still hit a 93, 3 higher than Bingham's highest break of the tournament so far. In the first round, he hit 3 tons including a 141. Will be on the TV table for the first time this week and will be desperate to impress. Last season, he hit 11 tons and is a potter I really like. Bingham meanwhile has surpassed all expectations to beat Ronnie and Marco Fu, but in all honesty hasn't had to be at his best to win those. Ronnie looked completely disinterested whilst Fu is a player on the slide. I just can't see him progressing any further and feel it could be a comfortable win for Mark Allen. If that's the case, he'll win a lot frames than the Essex lad, giving him more chance of scoring a ton or greater, which I expect will be enough to land this one. J.Higgins v S.Maguire, over 9.5 50+ breaks 5pts @ 4/6 Paddy Power Yes, I've been stung already with a similar bet but how the hell Ding/Allen bet didn't come in, I will never ever know. Fell 1 short I think but had no less than 7 40+ breaking down before the 50 including a 49, 48, etc!! In terms of break potential, this one represents a similar bet. Up to half time in their 2nd round matches, Higgins had only failed to hit a 50 in 1 of the 13 frames he'd won, that despite not being at his best. Maguire too has played really well, with 4 tons and wins over Doherty and Selby. I expect the 2 Scots will cook up a decent, very close run affair and I'm confident that 13 or 14 frames will bring this bet home. I don't see this finishing much different to 9-6 / 9-7 so we should have more than enough time to land this bet.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Snooker: UK Championships S.Hendry + 3.5 Frames v M.Williams @ 4/5 Betfred 4/10 N Robertson to bt A Higginson -2.5 frames @ 8/11 PP 5/10 S.Murphy v R.Day +14.5 Frames @ 4/5 General 5/10 J.Higginns v G.Dott +15.5 @ 4/5 Blue Square 5/10 M.Selby v S Magiure +15.5 @ 5/6 Blue Square 5/10 100% record so far in the tournament with seven from seven and now +27.23 units for the tournament. Should have layed Fu at that price, but i'm not complaining. Well done to those on Bingham.

Re: Snooker: UK Championships

Can someone please tell me how Higgins/Dott and Robbo/Higginson are more attractive games than Ding/Allen and Selby/Maguire, therefore getting the TV tables? I'm fcuked if I know:sad
There was always going to be people dissapointed with this but clearly something has to be done about the schedule when we are not getting to see games involving some of the top ten players in the world, nevermind the fact that they are facing each other so early. In saying that though, how can you honestly say that Higgins/Dott would be less attractive than the other games mentioned? Any game can turn out scrappy and you may not like watching him(Dott), but as i previously mentioned i think he is unfairly underated and in Higgins we have the best player in the world, and as you well know are both recent world champions. Attractive/Exciting wise Robertson is up there with anyone, and being world champion and looking on fire on fire, i didn't have a problem with the match choice, although tbh i would still have preffered to see the Maguire-Selby match. We can't watch them all at the end of the day so maybe you were eluding to the fact of what games would be closest and would therefore pan out more interesting?

S.Hendry + 3.5 Frames v M.Williams @ 4/5 Betfred 4/10 N Robertson to bt A Higginson -2.5 frames @ 8/11 PP 5/10 S.Murphy v R.Day +14.5 Frames @ 4/5 General 5/10 J.Higginns v G.Dott +15.5 @ 4/5 Blue Square 5/10 M.Selby v S Magiure +15.5 @ 5/6 Blue Square 5/10 100% record so far in the tournament with seven from seven and now +27.23 units for the tournament. Should have layed Fu at that price, but i'm not complaining. Well done to those on Bingham.
Nice going TBB.:clap

Re: Snooker: UK Championships S. Maguire v J. Higgins -Total match centuries all Ladbrokes 3 centuries @ 7/2 3/10 4 centuries @ 13/2 2/10 5 centuries @ 14/1 1/10 The longer this match goes on, obviously the more chance we have of one of these bets coming in and my feeling is that this game could easily go all the way here. On fire Stephen Maguire has certainly lived up to his nickname scoring heavily so far in this tournament notching up five centuries in his two matches. Higgins on the otherhand nothched two in his first match, but has just fell short of a ton on numerous ocassions, and in a game with such heavy scorers, and the players knowing that a lot of the frames will have to be won at one visit, I would be very surprised if we didn't see a good few ton's in this match, just as long as there's not 6. :lol:ok

Re: Snooker: UK Championships Well done sneej and theboybroon - top stuff. :clap Yesterday wasn't great for me. Although Bingham obliged (much more easily than I expected!), Selby cost me the handicap and one of my outrights. With just Williams left as an outright now, I really hope his form gets back to the level he's been playing at for most of this season, as he really wasn't good against Hendry. All of which leaves me currently -5.84pts for the tournament. Two for today: 3pts - Mark Allen v Stuart Bingham - over 8.5 breaks @ 1.72 with Betfair Frankly, I'll be astonished if this line doesn't come in. My one fear is that either of these two runs away with the match, but if they both bring anywhere near the form they have shown so far, then this should be fairly straightforward. Bingham made six 50+ breaks against Marco Fu in the last round, whilst Allen hit 7 against Tom Ford, including 3 centuries. He wasn't so hot against Ding but, as Russ pointed out, he got into the 40s enough times to suggest that was a bit of a freak. 2pts - Stephen Maguire v John Higgins - over 2.5 centuries @ 2.5 with Betfair Not much to add to what Russ and theboybroon have said already on this match. Seven centuries between these two so far suggests that both are scoring heavily when they get the chance. It's hard to see either of them running away this match, so I think we'll see plenty of chances for this line to land and I don't think three centuries is a big ask with these two over a potential 17 frame distance.

Re: Snooker: UK Championships A pretty scrappy session with both player missing so many relatively easy balls. Maguire missed a trick in the first session, but Higgins improved after the interval. For anyone not watching, I can't believe how unlucky that there has not been at least two or three centuries. less than bloody millimetres :puke

Re: Snooker: UK Championships All bets now settled, am currently +9.81 pts for the tournament so far... Just the one for tonight: Williams V Joyce 6pts Joyce +3.5 frames h'cap @ 5/6 Will Hill Quite surprised to see this line given, was expecting only the 2.5. Joyce has really impressed me this tournament and tonight will be the biggest match of his life yet. He has been playing some great snooker and putting in some big sessions at the table. Williams on the other hand hasn't impressed me a great deal. You look at his results which may suggest otherwise but when you think about it, he beat a very out of sorts Davis and beat Hendry 9-6 who played the worst game of his career (think he had a 76% pot success which is truly shocking for him.) Joyce has already come out and said he will be rallying up the crowd to get behind him and am sure he will be able to get the 6 frames required. Gl all.

Re: Snooker: UK Championships One for me tonight. +5.6pts coming in. 3pts S.Bingham (+3.5 frames) to beat M.Allen 4/5 Betfred Stuart Bingham comes into tonight's final session 5-3 behind but I think he can share the next 6 frames to bring this bet in. He shared the opening six frames this afternoon and actually played quite well. He's knocked in a ton and a couple of 50's so his scoring continues to be heavy enough to compete here. Mark Allen limped over the line against Ding yesterday despite having a 6-2 lead at half time so a fast start from Bingham tonight would get the Northern Irishman thinking. Mark Allen is favourite to win the match now but this lead isn't insurmountable yet. If Mark Allen does win I don't think he'll win it easily. A win here for Stuart Bingham would finally put him in the top 16 for the 1st ever time so he'll be giving it his all. He's scoring well enough to get in and take 3 more frames I think so I'll take him to make it up to 6 frames tonight.

Re: Snooker: UK Championships Good calls guys. Bingham bet already in Kev:clap Horrific for me, again. Minus a lot now!! Bingham hits 2 centuries in a full season, then knocks 2 in 1 game, including a 142:wall:wall. Now where's that cat.........:lol

Re: Snooker: UK Championships A couple of quick bets for tomorrow..... S.Murphy v N.Robertson, over 14.5 frames 5pts @ 4/6 Paddy Power I'm really confident this will be very close. Robertson has looked in fine fettle so far and is rightly favourite but I never ever write off Murphy. He's a super match player and will undoubtedly up his game for this match up. I expect a high quality match and one that neither player will run away with. No surprise if these 2 excellent players went the full distance so 4/6 on 9-6 or better looks a very good bet. M.Joyce highest break v M.Williams 3pts @ 15/8 Victor Chandler Mark Joyce has been the surprise package of this tournament seeing off both Ali Carter and Judd Trump but he hasn't been lucky. He's played some really good stuff whilst Williams has been average at best. It wouldn't be a surprise to Mark J up his game and take this in a canter but, at the prices, that would be a massive risk. I'd rather take the big odds that Joyce hits the highest break and, considering current form, this price is way too big. This week, he's hit breaks of 70+ on 6 occasions (97,103,87,100,79,96), all of them highest that Mark's biggest run which is just 71, his only 70+ break so far in 18 frames he's won.

A couple of quick bets for tomorrow..... M.Joyce highest break v M.Williams 3pts @ 15/8 Victor Chandler Mark Joyce has been the surprise package of this tournament seeing off both Ali Carter and Judd Trump but he hasn't been lucky. He's played some really good stuff whilst Williams has been average at best. It wouldn't be a surprise to Mark J up his game and take this in a canter but, at the prices, that would be a massive risk. I'd rather take the big odds that Joyce hits the highest break and, considering current form, this price is way too big. This week, he's hit breaks of 70+ on 6 occasions (97,103,87,100,79,96), all of them highest that Mark's biggest run which is just 71, his only 70+ break so far in 18 frames he's won.
Already in to 13/8 with VC... Paddy or BSQ best now at 7/4:ok

Re: Snooker: UK Championships A loss of 4.64 units on the day, although i would have been well in profit had there been at least one more ton in the Higgins/Maguire match. Having watched the whole match i still can't believe my luck with this one, but its part and parcel of the game and i can deal with it. Still + 22.59 pts going into tomorrow, were there's only one bet for me but will be my strongest of the tournament so far. S.Murphy v N. Robertson Over 9.5 Total 50 Breaks @ 4/5 PP 7/10 Tomorrow the current world champion meets a former winner of snookers greatest prize. Robertson is showing this week that he is imo the best player in the world right now and has been scoring ridiculously well so far this week even though he has yet to meet any of the games elite. Tomorrow that will change though in the shape of Murphy and although he is not quite at the top of his game at the moment, he is still a great player and extremely high scorer when he is cuing well and his eye is in. Both players will be relishing this match as we get to the business end of the tournament, and again i can see this being a very close match with a minimum of 15 frames in it. With this in mind the fact that Robertson scored an astounding 8 breaks over 50 in his first match and 9 in his 2nd round match is reason enough to back this alone, whilst Murphy has had 5 and 4 breaks over 50 respectively in his 1st two matches. This match will be a fast paced, open and exciting game with lots of breaks being won in one visit, and i cannot believe the odds for the line they have set this at, so much so i will be visiting a few shops tomorrow.

Re: Snooker: UK Championships +8.00 for me with Bingham bringing that handicap bet in within 4 frames. One for me tomorrow. 3pts S.Murphy vs N.Robertson - Over 2.5 centuries 5/4 Paddy Power These two heavy scorers are playing some top notch snooker this week and most importantly they are scoring heavily. Nobody is scoring heavier than Neil Robertson. In the 18 frames he's won this week, he's only won 1 of them without hitting a 50 break or above. Of those 17 frames he's hit 50+ in, 5 of them have been century breaks in a sensational burst of scoring. The world champion has had the cue ball on a string this week. Murphy himself is scoring nicely. Despite limping over the line against Ryan Day in the last round, the Magician devised a spell consisting of 3 tons in the match to emphasise what I said about him being such a heavy scorer. He showed how heavy he is scoring with a devastating burst of potting in the Premier League semi final against Fu in the lead up to this event. I think this will be a close match. I totally agree with Russ that this could easily see a decisive 17th frame but at the very worst it will be 9-6 either way. That gives us 15 frames to get the 3 centuries in, so we need 1 in 5. Robertson is currently hitting a century every 3.6 frames he wins and Murphy has hit 1 in every 6 frames he's won. Those averages will get the job done here so I'll take the over 2.5 centuries in what has all the makings of being a belting quarter final.

Good calls guys. Bingham bet already in Kev:clap Horrific for me, again. Minus a lot now!! Bingham hits 2 centuries in a full season, then knocks 2 in 1 game, including a 142:wall:wall. Now where's that cat.........:lol
omg :eek We don't speak about just one cat anymore.. You should really think about calling Cat Busters :lol

Re: Snooker: UK Championships Like the look of Kev's overs bet but the price is now evens. Still a fair price but with me already having a wedge on the over 50 breaks which is now into 4/6 i'm happy to leave it alone. Absolute joke, that just two books are pricing these two markets up although its really only one as Skybet have the cheek to call themselves a bookie. Even betfair haven't got a market for the over/under 2.5 centuries like they've done for other games which i find rather strange, considering its a QF and the players involved. :wall

Re: Snooker: UK Championships how does everyone see the MUrphy robertson game going later? Always loved snooker but only really recently betting on it. Backed Murphy earlier, and thinking of trading out , but as far as i can tell hes playing better snooker that RObertson right now. ANyone any thoughts on how the game will go this evening? Murphy currently 2.24 with roberston favourite, based on ranking i suppose

agree it is strange why only 2 bookies are offering over 50 breaks bet' date=' [b']is there anywhere i can find out how many there is so far in the robertson v murphy game, i was watching but i lost count :unsure
Global snooker is probably the best site out there and you can follow live scoring, but i don't think there is anything on there that will tell you the break sizes untill the game has finished. You could watch the live scoring console but no one in there right mind would want to do that. http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/ gives you live commentary in text and is the best i can find. Back in the day before digital, ceefax done the job with live scoring including break sizes so that could still be apossible option for you?:unsure 5 so far mate but would have been more had Murphy not hit a red in when going into the pack of the blue, and Robertson refusing take a black on when sitting on 40.

Global snooker is probably the best site out there and you can follow live scoring, but i don't think there is anything on there that will tell you the break sizes untill the game has finished. You could watch the live scoring console but no one in there right mind would want to do that. http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/ gives you live commentary in text and is the best i can find. Back in the day before digital, ceefax done the job with live scoring including break sizes so that could still be apossible option for you?:unsure 5 so far mate but would have been more had Murphy not hit a red in when going into the pack of the blue, and Robertson refusing take a black on when sitting on 40.
he was probably right not to touch that black though, positionallyt fooked as he was. whats your reckoning on how the game will go later Broon?

how does everyone see the MUrphy robertson game going later? Always loved snooker but only really recently betting on it. Backed Murphy earlier, and thinking of trading out , but as far as i can tell hes playing better snooker that RObertson right now. ANyone any thoughts on how the game will go this evening? Murphy currently 2.24 with roberston favourite, based on ranking i suppose
Wouldn't like to call a winner mate, but the first 2 frames are obviously crucial and if any player can gain a 2 frame advantage, it should be enough for either of them to go on and win. Robertsons playing better than Murphy, but with regards to the 1st session, Murphy looked in better nick and Robertsons safety will have to improve from what it was earlier. Murphy does have a heavy cold but as one of the commentators said, it can make you concentrate harder and it certainly didn't appear to affect him today. Absolutely anything can happen here, but i'm going to stick my neck on the line and say no ones going to run away with it.:D