** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Snooker: UK Championships

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Snooker: UK Championships I'm going to start by having a bet on the 'to qualify' market. B.Pinches to qualify, 3pts @ 9/4 Skybet This looks a big price on Barry in what looks like a 2 horse race between him and Stephen Lee. First game he has to overcome looks to be against David Gilbert or Andy Hicks, one I'm very confident he'll take with ease. Has played superbly in the PTC events, actually standing 3rd in the rankings behind only Mark Selby and Shaun Murphy. Recent form is none too shabby either reaching the QF 2 events ago whilst losing in the 2nd round in the last event, but no shame in taking John Higgins to 4-2. Stephen Lee has remained in nice form, 7th in the PTC rankings and is rightfully favourite but 9/4 in what I view as a shootout looks too big a price to ignore.

Re: Snooker: UK Championships If you insist ;). 3pts M.Holt To Qualify 13/8 Skybet This price is pretty big even though I'm not keen on backing Michael Holt very often. He's often got an into a nutjob moment not too far away but these qualifiers have come at a nice time. He won the final EPTC over the weekend, dishing out John Higgins' 1st defeat since he returned, in the final and that's a good scalp and shows maybe at long last he's finally knuckling down and putting to use the talent he undoubtedly has. This draw couldn't have been a lot kinder either. He's got either Anthony McGill or the winner of Patrick Wallace or Jamie O'Neill in his 1st match. None of them should cause many sleepless nights and then in the final qualifier he'd have Mike Dunn who isn't exactly a world beater either. Dunn's solid enough I guess but as we saw when he lost 5-1 to a wildcard in the Shanghai Masters, he's more than beatable. Holt's in decent nick at the minute and with a smooth game to warm up if you like for the main match I think 13/8 is a very nice price for the Nottingham man to qualify here.

Re: Snooker: UK Championships I never expected to get involved in the first round qualifiers but I am. Taking just the one. A.Wicheard to beat J.Delaney, 3pts @ 13/8 SportingBet Admittedly, I don't know too much about Adam Wicheard, who only turned pro this term but, from what I read is the sort of player that doesn't mind grinding out results, something that will help over this longer format, and comes here in form buoyed by an excellent victory over the impressive Judd Trump. I'm really going off recent form here and Adam's performances in the last 2 EPTC events have seen him see off Trump 4-2, as well as beat Jamie Jones 4-1 and Ivan Figueiredo 4-2, whilst falling narrowly 4-3 to both Stephen Lee and Jimmy Michie. Delaney meanwhile missed the last event but, previous to that, narrowly edged out Mark Joyce before falling to Anthony McGill. Adam now stands 91 in the ranking and the players he's played above are 27,55,70,18 and 61. That should stand him in good stead against a player ranked below all of those, at 71. Looks a big price here and hopeful of a good show and progression into round 2 where the Whirlwind awaits.

Re: Snooker: UK Championships

Wicheard wins 9-3 :nana. The only doubt about that selection was how long he'd take to win. Cracking shout Russ' date=' at a very tasty price :ok.[/quote'] Thanks mate. Followed the live scores; with that break building, I'd have had a chance:lol Looking at 1/2 tomorrow but price dependent:ok

Re: Snooker: UK Championships Just 1 for me. L.Chuang to beat J.Michie, 3pts @ 5/6 Paddy Power Joint favs here but I'm strongly favouring Chuang. He had a great win in the first qualifying round against, what I believe, is a very good upcoming player in Igor Figueiredo by a convincing 9-4 scoreline. He also has the advantage of 'getting his arm in' as Michie only enters the competition here. The best guide on form has to be the (E)PTC events and again, this favours the 20yo Chinese kid, finishing 41st in the rankings there against Michie's 71st. Recent form in these events also favours Liu Chuang, as well as more playing time; in the last 3 events, he's taken the scalps of Joe Swail, Andrew Higginson, Ryan Day, Shaun Murphy, Jak Jones and Joe Perry, the only one of those you can consider 'worse' than Michie would be Jones. On the flip side, Michie's played 4 matches, winning 1 and losing 1 against Jimmy Robertson, beating Adam Wicheard and losing to Peter Lines. Strictly on form, Chuang looks a super bet here.

Re: Snooker: UK Championships LOL, in the end i can be happy because I get late on McBain as Bedford turn it completely in second session :nana In the meantime i decide not to follow Jimmy, and I will try with small stakes (out of my plan) on McGill vs. Wallace counting on his recent great performances against Maguire and Hendry. Even if he is newbie and this is his first season with big boys he already reach almost top 50, and I hope that he wouldn't feel some big pressure and get nervous as there is now crowd and tv-coverage at this stage. 1,58 @ Betfair

Re: Snooker: UK Championships Chuang 5-3 up at half time, let's hope he can keep that gap tonight:hope. Taking 1 more in running. P.Lines to beat A.Pagett, 3pts @ 13/8 SportingBet At half time, my selection trails 5-3. However, it doesn't tell the whole story. Lines was 5-0 down but grabbed the last 3 of the session so will enter the evening as the player in much the better frame of mind. Both players have done ok in the PTC events but Lines holds the advantage, having generally played & beaten the better class of opponent. I think here experience will count plenty, Pagett having lost both his ranking qualifiers so far this term previous to his win in the opening qualifer here. Lines, meanwhile, loves this tournament and will be keen to repeat last years success, where he overcame 3 qualifiers to reach the final stages and then amazingly beat Marco Fu and Mark Williams before falling in the quarters to Stephen Maguire. The opening couple of frames tonight are key and, if Lines can get off to a fast start, he could bound away and win this in a canter. 13/8 looks a massive price on a player who has the experience, is buoyed by a great finish to the 1st session, went well at the event last year, is in the better form and is higher ranked.

Re: Snooker: UK Championships Can anybody help with propositions regarding "half time" between sessions?? As i notice, in all matches that is after eight frames and in match I played result is 3-3 before before the break. That depends about number of played frames, spent time on the table or something else.... TNX :cheers

Can anybody help with propositions regarding "half time" between sessions?? As i notice' date=' in all matches that is after eight frames and in match I played result is 3-3 before before the break. That depends about number of played frames, spent time on the table or something else.... TNX :cheers[/quote'] It's due to table time. The evening session was due to start at 7pm but Wallace/McGill had only played 6 frames (3-3) by that time, partly due to 1 frame of 75 minutes:zzz. They'll resume tomorrow at 3-3:ok

It's due to table time. The evening session was due to start at 7pm but Wallace/McGill had only played 6 frames (3-3) by that time' date=' partly due to 1 frame of 75 minutes:zzz. They'll resume tomorrow at 3-3:ok[/quote'] And probably finish while everyone else is at Telford :lol. Great call on Chuang mate. :hope Lines completes the comeback by winning one of the last two.

Re: Snooker: UK Championships Thanks Kev:ok Phew, that was close! Good day today with Chuang winning well 9-5 and Lines doing what I expected in turning around a 5-3 deficit, not the way I expected him to do it though losing the opening 2 of the evening. Not bad, winning 6 of the last 7 frames. So, currently in the qualifiers, I stand at +12.25pts. One bet for tomorrow is looking likely.

It's due to table time. The evening session was due to start at 7pm but Wallace/McGill had only played 6 frames (3-3) by that time' date=' partly due to 1 frame of 75 minutes:zzz. They'll resume tomorrow at 3-3:ok[/quote'] Just as I thought, bad vs. worst. I hope my mug will won in the end even he will need one week as Kevshat predict ;) And of course Jimmy demolished his opponent with 9-1 :wall For tomorrow i cant decide between Burden and Guodong, seems they both should win but... I hope I'm gonna be little bit wiser in the morning. Congrats for your pick :clap

Re: Snooker: UK Championships One for Friday. A.Hicks to beat D.Gilbert, 3pts @ 4/5 SportingBet Is 4/7 elsewhere so I'm ready to take this price. Andy Hicks has been around for a long time now and remains a force against the lesser players in the game, whilst David Gilbert has been, quite frankly, rubbish this season. Gilbert, prior to an excellent win in round 1 against a player ranked 1 place below him, had only won 1 match all season against Hicks' 17 wins in 14 events. That tells its own story. What's more Hicks generally only loses to the better class opposition - of his 14 defeats, his opponents have been ranked 1,1,10,11,15,19,34,37,53,56,63,69,73 plus Luca Brecel. His opponent today is ranked 86, a full 40 places behind Hicks. A solid and experienced player, Hicks should have too much for Gilbert, and I can only assume they are priced up so similar judged on Gilbert's first round win. However, he'll need to reproduce it to have any chance here.

Strange post:unsure Anyway, back to reality and a loser today. Hicks loses last 3 frames to go down 9-8. Back to +9.25pts. Aaah, swings & roundabouts. Qualifiers continue on Sunday.
Why strange? Don't understand... Really shame the way he lost, but fortunately big boys are slightly getting involved from tomorrow and I hope we can count on some significant profit in the end.. No meter on used strategy :ok

Re: Snooker: UK Championships A.Hamilton to beat R.Lawler, first 8 frames, 4pts @ 5/6 Skybet I like Hamilton here. Basically, we're looking for him to exit the 1st session leading, 5-3 or better. The best guide we've got here is the PTC form and the first to 4 format; on that, Hamilton looks good. Missed the last EPTC event as he'd already guaranteed a place at the finals. Previous to that, won 4 matches en route to a quarter final defeat to John Higgins, whilst he also reached 2 other quarters and the final of the Paul Hunter Classic losing to Judd Trump. It shows, to me, that he generally settles early in his matches and he's clearly found some form this year. On the flip side, Lawler's had a pretty torrid time in the PTC format. He did have a nice win in the last round, beating Ben Wolleaston but faces a much classier opponent today and one that won't be put off by the slow and safety minded game of Lawler.

Re: Snooker: UK Championships Need to turn this around. Hamilton bet's a loser, currently 4-0 down. Got that totally wrong. Looks as though Lawler beat him into submission in a 50 minutes first frame before knocking in a couple of good breaks. Frustrating though as Hamilton lost at least of the frames on the colours. Now just +5.25pts but still in profit which, in the qualifiers, I'm always pleased with.

Re: Snooker: UK Championships Not my normal style but I'm taking a double. Don't like backing at anything less than 8/11 but I really like the look of these so putting them together for combined odds of 2.3 D.Dale to beat M.Selt, 1/2 SportingBet T.Ford to beat T.Drago, 8/15 SportingBet 3pts double Both these matches start this afternoon, concluding tomorrow, and I fancy the higher ranked players to come out on top, both of whom are PTC winners this season. Matt Selt had a good win in the last round, edging out the very talent Jack Lisowski but Dale represents a different challenge. Dale won their only previous meeting, a 5-1 scoreline at the Welsh Open, and I fully expect him to extend that head to head record. In the other match, Drago won 9-4 against Liam Highfield in the last round but I like Tom here. Both like to attack and score heavily where they can, that will suit Ford. Both Dale and Ford are rising back up the rankings, courtesy of their PTC performances and the fact they sit inside the top 10 on the PTC money list, whilst their respective opponents are both outside the top 50. Recent form also favours the market leaders, Dale reaching round 3 in the last 2 events and Ford reaching the last 16 in 1, whilst exiting the the other in the opening round; however it took the prowess of John Higgins to knock him out both times. Could do with this one to turn the recent tide and get lady luck back on side.

Re: Snooker: UK Championships Need to be quick here as this one restarts shortly. 3pts B.Pinches to beat D.Gilbert 2/1 Sportingbet Barry Pinches goes into this 2nd session trailing 5-3 but that's not an insurmountable lead. Pinches has made many a comeback in his career so he can't be ruled out here, especially having won a tournament already this year. Dave Gilbert hasn't won many matches this year and he should really have been beaten in the last round here. Now that he's favourite in this match it might take on a different complexion and if Pinches can haul himself level pretty quickly then I still think there's room for him to come through quite easily. Pinches has beaten Hendry in a deciding from at the Crucible in the past so a deciding frame here won't worry him too much. Whether he does it quickly or via a decider, I still think there's plenty of mileage in this one for Pinches and at a very attractive price too.