UEFA > Champions League > Tuesday 2nd November

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Tuesday 2nd November

Rangers under 3.5 corners @ 10/11 b365. No secret how Walter sets his troops out. Will be happy to concede possession (pity no markets up) and territory, as he did at Old Trafford. Valencia will be looking at the next two consecutive home CL games tonight and v the Turks as must win games. 6 pts will more than likely, mean they'll face the final match at Man Utd possibly already through, or needing a draw at the bare minimum. Valencia SU has no value for mine, with the 6/5 about a home win to nil a better option...not decided as yet, but will confirm if on. Valencia can hit some big corner numbers, and indeed won the Ibrox corner count 12-5, and the -4 mildly tempted, but opposing the Rangers' away trend for lack of corners, incl' 0 @ Old Trafford and 1 @ Celtic. Should be an out and out blockbuster at Spurs. A proper European night that'll rank with any of their glorious 70's and 80's nights. If Mourinho was still guvnor at Inter, i'd be all over them, but he's not, and this Inter won't thrive this season. Disappointed the UK books have no player bookings on offer. The crackling atmosphere and fast tempo, will produce a fair few cards imo. Just weighing up how to wager it.
I am loving the Under 3.5 Corners for Rangers @ 10/11. Like you mentioned the stats point that Rangers will set out be defensive and they will not get a lot of corners in the process as shown in previous matches. I will be backing this with 5pts myself. On the topic of the corner handicap on the match. I am very tempted to back Valencia on the -4 handicap. Please do let us know if you do back it, I will be more tempted to do so if someone else is on it :P GL all :hope

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Tuesday 2nd November 1st post here. I just prepared a preview for all games today but since I was logged out by the system,I lost everything:cry:@. I can't do everything again...:( These were my bets though all on Betfair! -Rubin Kazan vs Panathinaikos over 2.5(2.36) -Copenhagen vs Barcelona X(5.1) -Hapoel Tel-Aviv vs Schalke 04 X(3.6) -Werder Bremen vs Twente 1(1.83) I hope I'll be helpful. Good Luck!:hope

Sport Football (Champions League)
Event Valencia - Rangers
Selection under 3 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 02/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.53
Reasoning Rangers is the good surprise this season after not having a single lose till now with 5 points in the table and showing bit potentil even to go trough the group stage.Rangers made great draw in Manchester and in Glasgow againt Valencia.The Scottish team won against Bursa and now even the point would be perfect result for them.Rangers is playing very defenivelly in their away games in Europe and even sometimes playing with 6-4-0(like in manchester)Valencia is having some scoring problems lately and lost their leader`s position in Premiera.Last weekend they managed only a draw against Zaragoza.The Spaniards got some injury problems but the most expirienced player - the Gk Sanchez will be fit for the game. 16.09.2009 UEFA CL VfB Stuttgart 1-1 Glasgow Rangers 04.11.2009 UEFA CL Unirea Urziceni 1-1 Glasgow Rangers 09.12.2009 UEFA CL Sevilla FC 1-0 Glasgow Rangers 14.09.2010 UEFA CL Manchester United 0-0 Glasgow Rangers These are last 4 games in Europe for Rangers and they are showing that the Scottish are waiting for their opponents to attack and to open spaces for counters.I expect strong defensive minded away team and not in form home side,having troubles in scoring.Valencia got 7 unders in their last 9 home games: 30.10.2010 SPA D1 Valencia CF 1-1 Real Zaragoza 23.10.2010 SPA D1 Valencia CF 1-2 Real Mallorca 02.10.2010 SPA D1 Valencia CF 2-1 Athletic Bilbao 29.09.2010 UEFA CL Valencia CF 0-1 Manchester United 22.09.2010 SPA D1 Valencia CF 1-1 Atlético Madrid 11.09.2010 SPA D1 Valencia CF 1-0 Racing Santander 18.08.2010 INT CF Valencia CF 2-0 Fiorentina 25.07.2010 INT CF Valencia CF 2-0 Al Hilal Riyadh 16.05.2010 SPA D1 Valencia CF 1-0 CD Tenerife

Good stuff...but you'd be better off broadening your horizons with other bookies. You'll be missing out over the long term if you stick with one firm' date=' believe me. You put the work in so why not chase the better prices, and those juicy free offers whilst you're at it? One of your bets last night missed out on 20% profit, and thats only one example. Don't take it the wrong way mate...i enjoy your write-ups.[/quote'] yeah, cheers greenhoff, its a bit of laziness on my part. I have accounts with about 12 bookies and always went with best odds with previous betting style. I recently changed my betting style from 3/4 folds for bigger payouts to singles for more steady profits, i say recently, i mean two weeks ago. i started with a bankroll in bet365 and have been building on that rather than keep pulling small stakes out and shopping around. The aim was to build a bigger bankroll then do it, but your right andi know its lazy, i could just open a seperate bank account to do it from there. I didnt want to merge it with other monies so i could measure progress and continue to bet bigger. LAZINESS....BUT IM ON THE CASE. THANKS

Saw almost every Spurs game this season, and I am happy with what I see. Despite the lack of CL experience I think they got in here pretty well. A draw is a high possibility, Benitez and Italian teams are good at this, still : Spurs to win @ 2,60 - 3,5 units Over 2,75 Goals @ 2,05 - 4,5 units Van der Vaart FGS E/W @ 7,50 - 1 unit With Werder and Twente just an early sparkle is needed to make this one the highest-scoring game of this round. Twente have an amazing defending skills, very compact, watching them live often you can see how well the lines are build. Yet they are up against a team that often runs wild forward. If a draw could help Twente calculating, anything but a win is Bremen out of Europe. Therefore I expect an open game and Over 2,75 @ 1,825 - 6 units Goal/Goal in Tel Aviv @ 1,72. Schalke are no doubt the better team, with good chances to qualify further. As such I expect them to score, but with the Israelis you know one thing for sure - they go forward for full 90 mins, often regardless of the score. And they do it well at home. 5 units In Bursa I expect goals. Valencia didn't create much vs United, so this bet is mainly as of the attractive odds. Vidic is a rock at the moment, but Rio F hasn't peaked up yet IMO, so United might not be that solid. Bursa have only their pride left, and a good result here is more for morale boosting. I expect them to go forward strong, hopefully score, yet leaving themselves more vulnerable at the back. At 2,10 I go for the less expected. 4,5 units Goal/Goal in Lisboa @ 1,80 with 4,5 units. Not much chances for Benfica unless they win today. They have to go forward, and they have the power to score more than just once. Yet only a fraction more space is enough to Lyon to score, so I consider this one a pretty possible choice. No other bets, staked more in the lower English Leagues and Brasil 2. GL all
Rio Ferdinand wont play today, he didn't even travel to Turkey with his teammates.

Rio Ferdinand wont play today' date=' he didn't even travel to Turkey with his teammates.[/quote'] I know, and I think Evans is also out. Which makes the selection look slightly better too...

Event Bremen - Twente
Selection over 4.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 02/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 5.00
Reasoning Werder Bremen is one of the most attractive team for their way to play, score a lot of goals, take a lot of goals, with just a 1-1 in Twente, but over 20 occasions for both team missed, I expect to a real festival here, both to score is definitely sure, over 2.5 too, Bremen will start the match in full attack line, they need a victory and must prove they deserve all the fans support. In this group stage in Werder group will be maybe more that a quarter of total goals from UCL. My tip 4-2. Good luck.

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Tuesday 2nd November A great bet in my opinion tonight is in the Bursapor v Man U game. It is a corner handicap bet Ladbrokes are offering and i fancy Man U -1 10/11 on the corner handicap strongly so more than 1 corner for Man U and your bets won i feel this is a real possibility and my bet could be won after 20 minutes. Thoughts Please ??

Event Bursaspor - Manchester Utd
Selection under 1.5 goals (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 02/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price 10bet @ 3.30
Reasoning Manchester defense is in worst form I can remember in last 10 years, they receive goals with no problems even from teams that are not big powers, only few results with many goals: at Fulham 2-2, at Everton 3-3, home with WBA 2-2, Liverpool 3-2... so this kind of defense isn't impossible to crash. Bursaspor even if isn't a great team, is a huge surprise and hope for points in this match. My pic: 2-2. Good luck!

When you state ( in case of win' date=' bet365 will double the profits ) do you not mean 5% think it goes up depending on how many teams, to get 100% you need it to be 14fold. If im reading it correctly. Good luck with your treble[/quote'] I have this message from them. I'm trying out. "Simply place a pre-game accumulator of three or more selections – combining teams from the Premier League, Serie A, Primera Liga, Bundesliga 1 or Champions League – and if successful we will add a bonus of up to 100% to your returns."

A great bet in my opinion tonight is in the Bursapor v Man U game. It is a corner handicap bet Ladbrokes are offering and i fancy Man U -1 10/11 on the corner handicap strongly so more than 1 corner for Man U and your bets won i feel this is a real possibility and my bet could be won after 20 minutes. Thoughts Please ??
Have you misunderstood the corner handicap bet? The bet is for Man U to win one corner more than Bursaspor.

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Tuesday 2nd November Bursaspor - Man.Utd. Despite the fact of a tight schedule Sir would not settle for a tie here for sure! He will be going for 3 points to claim top spot of the group.On the other hand the young and inexperienced squad of the minnows Bursa have been calling this match as an honour match.They're the only team with out a goal in the CL so therefore this match is quite important to them. I'm gonna say the match would go OVERS regardless who scores the 1st goal.If Man Utd do score it would be the home team defence (shakey - stirred!) who would be giving up more chances and if Bursaspor score they dont have the defensive line to keep the score against Sir's team. Good Luck Everyone :hope

I have this message from them. I'm trying out. "Simply place a pre-game accumulator of three or more selections – combining teams from the Premier League, Serie A, Primera Liga, Bundesliga 1 or Champions League – and if successful we will add a bonus of up to 100% to your returns."
Apparently it's only on 1X2, because on sunday I got three games, but one of them was on under 2.5 and after I won I sent them an e-mail asking for my bonus and that was the response: "Place a pre-match accumulator of 3 or more selections combining teams in any of the above competitions on the full time result market only and a bonus will then become available to you."

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Tuesday 2nd November Bursaspor v Man Utd Man Utd @ 1.84- Betfair Man Utd have left some players like Ferdinand behind but the squad they have taken should be too strong for the Turks. Not been impressed by he home side and they look one of the weakest in the competition and have yet to score. Not as strong a Man Utd side as in recent years but they are still unbeaten this season and I can see them putting in a professional away European performance here and getting a narrow win. Just seen the line up - van der Sar Rafael Smalling Vidic Evra Nani Scholes Carrick Fletcher Obertan Berbatov SUBS: Kuszczak, Brown, O'Shea, Fabio, Park, Bebe, Hernandez. Pretty much the strongest Utd could put out, should be enough to get the three points they need to virtually seal qualification.

Bursaspor v Man Utd Man Utd @ 1.84- Betfair Man Utd have left some players like Ferdinand behind but the squad they have taken should be too strong for the Turks. Not been impressed by he home side and they look one of the weakest in the competition and have yet to score. Not as strong a Man Utd side as in recent years but they are still unbeaten this season and I can see them putting in a professional away European performance here and getting a narrow win. Just seen the line up - van der Sar Rafael Smalling Vidic Evra Nani Scholes Carrick Fletcher Obertan Berbatov SUBS: Kuszczak, Brown, O'Shea, Fabio, Park, Bebe, Hernandez. Pretty much the strongest Utd could put out, should be enough to get the three points they need to virtually seal qualification.
You bring up a good point about united's opposition have yet to score a goal let alone win a game. And this team news for united, only increases my urge to back united strongly to win today at the decent odds being offered for a united win. Will be backing 8pts Man United to win @ 1.72 bet365 GL all :hope

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Tuesday 2nd November Bursaspor v Man Utd 1.84 @ Betfair (5 Points) 0-1 @ 6.8 Betfair (1 point) 0-2 @ 9.0 Betfair (1 Point) Ok, it's hardly the selection of the century but I shall be taking Man Utd tonight. Bursaspor have failed to score in the champions league so far let alone pick up a point. No doubt the Turkish side will play their hearts out tonight and try and give something back to the fans with a scalp against Utd. And it must be said that a trip to Turkey isn't the easiest with what will ineveitably be a rauceous crowd. But Man Utd are vastly experienced in seeing out tough away games like this. They haven't been at their best of late but they still have quality throughout the side. A win here will seal qualification for them and I expect to see 1-0/2-0 come the final whistle in their favour.

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Tuesday 2nd November Line up for Barcelona's game is: Valdés, Alves, Piqué, Puyol, Abidal, Sergio, Xavi, Keita, Iniesta, Villa and Messi. Seeing how Barcelona have played their best against Sevilla at the weekend thrashing them 5-1 in the process, I see a comfortable victory for them with the full squad they have out today versus Copenhagen. I fully expect Barcelona to win today. By what margin remains the question. But they should do so comfortably by 2 goals or more. I will be backing the following seeing how it gives me a little bit of cover: 10pts Barcelona -1.0,-1.5 AH @ 1.825 bet365 GL all :hope Edit: Blimey, just realized I have staked a total of 50 pts :S Lets hope I win something :hope

W.Bremen v/s Twente over 3.5 @ 2.37 bet365 & Twente @ 5.50 stan james This CL group is the highest scoring one of the season with w.bremen,inter,twente and spurs with an average of 4 goals... I can see this to continue with a Werder conceding 21 goals in 10 bundesliga matches and tonight missing defender Naldo and goalkeeper Weise and also Borowski..with all these I pretty much fancy Twente on a nice value of 5.50 as the latter is in great form and on Saturday they did even beat PSV and now leading the Eredivisie..a must win for both teams with lots of goals but expecting Twente to come with the 3 points here hopefully.:hope
Twente made it for me.:clap:nana:nana:nana The spurs game was awesome..Bale superb:clap

Bursaspor - Man.Utd. Despite the fact of a tight schedule Sir would not settle for a tie here for sure! He will be going for 3 points to claim top spot of the group.On the other hand the young and inexperienced squad of the minnows Bursa have been calling this match as an honour match.They're the only team with out a goal in the CL so therefore this match is quite important to them. I'm gonna say the match would go OVERS regardless who scores the 1st goal.If Man Utd do score it would be the home team defence (shakey - stirred!) who would be giving up more chances and if Bursaspor score they dont have the defensive line to keep the score against Sir's team. Good Luck Everyone :hope
It all turned out just as I expected... :ok

Will have a small play on Eto'o Anytime Goalscorer though. See some value in his price at Stan James considering he has been immense so far this season - one of the hottest strikers in Europe. Redknapp's mentality is you have a go, we'll have a go....we've seen so far in Europe that Spurs look liable to concede, 2 at Bremen, 1 vs Twente at home and could have been more that night, and 4 in Milan. I think Eto'o will get a couple of chances tomorrow night. Eto'o Anytime Goalscorer vs Spurs @ 11/5 (S James:1pt)
WIN......:ok