UEFA > Champions League > Tuesday 2nd November

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Tuesday 2nd November Saw almost every Spurs game this season, and I am happy with what I see. Despite the lack of CL experience I think they got in here pretty well. A draw is a high possibility, Benitez and Italian teams are good at this, still : Spurs to win @ 2,60 - 3,5 units Over 2,75 Goals @ 2,05 - 4,5 units Van der Vaart FGS E/W @ 7,50 - 1 unit With Werder and Twente just an early sparkle is needed to make this one the highest-scoring game of this round. Twente have an amazing defending skills, very compact, watching them live often you can see how well the lines are build. Yet they are up against a team that often runs wild forward. If a draw could help Twente calculating, anything but a win is Bremen out of Europe. Therefore I expect an open game and Over 2,75 @ 1,825 - 6 units Goal/Goal in Tel Aviv @ 1,72. Schalke are no doubt the better team, with good chances to qualify further. As such I expect them to score, but with the Israelis you know one thing for sure - they go forward for full 90 mins, often regardless of the score. And they do it well at home. 5 units In Bursa I expect goals. Valencia didn't create much vs United, so this bet is mainly as of the attractive odds. Vidic is a rock at the moment, but Rio F hasn't peaked up yet IMO, so United might not be that solid. Bursa have only their pride left, and a good result here is more for morale boosting. I expect them to go forward strong, hopefully score, yet leaving themselves more vulnerable at the back. At 2,10 I go for the less expected. 4,5 units Goal/Goal in Lisboa @ 1,80 with 4,5 units. Not much chances for Benfica unless they win today. They have to go forward, and they have the power to score more than just once. Yet only a fraction more space is enough to Lyon to score, so I consider this one a pretty possible choice. No other bets, staked more in the lower English Leagues and Brasil 2. GL all

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Tuesday 2nd November Benfica is facing the French giant Lyon.Benfica lie third in the group standings with just one win so far - at home to Hapoel Tel-Aviv - and need maximum points to keep alive their hopes of a top-two finish.They warmed up for the European encounter with a 2-0 victory over Pacos de Ferreira, which ensured they remain second in the domestic Liga.Coach Jorge Jesus has few injury worries ahead of the visit of Lyon, although midfielder Ruben Amorim and striker Oscar Cardozo are both victims of knee injuries.Benfica is very strong at home ,after losing the first match of the season with 1:2 from Academica then they got 6 straight wins. Lyon got 3 from 3 wins so far and need only 3 points from the other 3 games to secure progress from the group stage.Lyon is starting to play better in France after distastours start of the season.A 2-1 result over Sochaux at the weekend gave the players a further lift, and defender Cris wants to see them carry that performance onto the European stage.Puel, who has come under close scrutiny in recent weeks because of their Ligue 1 position, hopes the weekend success has not taken too much out of his players ahead of the trip to Lisbon.The victory has already come at a cost for Puel, with striker Lisandro Lopez ruled out for three weeks with a thigh injury, while Michel Bastos picked up a knock and is doubtful.Jean Il Makoun is also carrying an injury and Miro Panjic is troubled by a hamstring strain. Frenchmen got very important game during the next weekend - away with Stade Rennais - 2nd in the table , and i expect french coach will rotate his team keeping his best player fresh , and i doubt he is gonna risk the light injury once in such game.Anyway Lyon got home game against Hepoel and 3 points there are securing the progress. Benfica's group: Roberto, Moreira- Maxi Pereira, Luisão, Sidnei, David Luiz, César Peixoto, Fábio Coentrão - Airton, Javi Garcia, Felipe Menezes, Carlos Martins, Aimar, Salvio - Saviola, Kardec, Nuno Gomes, Weldon, Jara Lyon's group of players, made by: Lloris, Vercoutre - Kolodziejczak, Cris, Diakhaté, Lovren, Réveillère, Gassama - Makoun, Källström, Gonalons, Pjanic, Pied, Bastos, Gourcuff, Grenier - Lacazette, Briand, Gomis, Belfodil I expect strong home side , full motivated for 3 points ,otherwise loosing chance for progress , with eventual win for Shalke in Israel. Benfica dnb 1.55 @ Expekt

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Tuesday 2nd November Bursaspor V/S Man Utd both team to score @ 2.00 bet365 No one can deny the lack of form of Man Utd at the moment mainly away from old trafford,but surely they've managed most of the time to get out with a point or all the 3 points,Chicarito is in great shape right now and this little guy remembers me of Michael Owen when the latter was firing goals at anfield,and I can see him scoring again tonight but I also believe the champions of Turkey will surely try profiting the weakened back four of Man Utd today with Rio Ferdinand and Evans missing...So expecting both to score tonight.. GL ...:dude

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Tuesday 2nd November Been looking at these fixtures for the past week and it is a difficult round.No value on most of the away teams who are actually the better teams but odds aren’t justified to merit any punts.

I think the Unders/overs market is the best place to shop as I see most of the odds are at evens meaning the bookies are as confused as we are.

There are some traditional overs teams like Arsenal, Barca, Tottenham and other than spurs, I see no obvious overs games.

Match day 4 is cagey, some teams have qualified, all teams are playing each other for the second time in 2 weeks and know enough about each other, but more importantly only a few teams have high motivation do impress the home fans as matches have come thick and fast since euro qualifiers and a number of teams are looking flat.

Managers try out new players and I can see quite a few surporises but the one thing that stands out is there wont be too many goals.

I will update this post for unders that I think are worth a punt but I see quite a number

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Tuesday 2nd November Tottenham vs Inter Everytime i've seen Tottenham on White Hart Lane this season, they have been impressive. Think with their 2nd half performance in Italy, they have lost some of their respect for Inter, and know it can be done. And I really rate Tottenham at home. Can't deny Inters star offensive, and if the game unfolds with an early goal, alot can come. Tottenham win @ 2,68 - betfair Tottenham EH -1 @ 6,3 (!) - nordicbet Over 2,5 goals @ 1,87 - betfair Over 3,5 goals @ 3,2 - betfair Valencia vs Rangers Also going with a low scoring game in Valencia, same reasons as some said above. Valencia will have a hard time breaking them down, but have quality in the team to do so. Attractive price. Under 2,5 goals @ 2,04 - betfair Correct score 1-0 @ 7,0 - betfair Correct score 2-0 @ 7,25 - unibet

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Tuesday 2nd November Shalke struggles in Bundesliga lying on 17th place with 6 points and failed to win any of last 5 matches in Bundesliga. Despite their home win 3-1 in their previous encounter against Hapoel i don't think in Israel Shalke will have an easy game.The only threat in my opinion is Raul :) Even if their performance in UCL is poor ,in Israel Hapoel won last 4 games. And now is the best time for Hapoel to make their first points in UCL. Hapoel Tel Aviv v Schalke draw 3.4 @ bet365

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Tuesday 2nd November Tottenham - Inter Milan under 2.5 @ 2.01 pinnacle Expecting a much more subdued game here compared to the first game two weeks ago. Spurs have shown that they have problems playing on the road in the CL as they have tended to concede goals, as was evident when they allowed Zanetti to score after just 2 minutes. Then the sending off the keeper Gomezand subsequent penalty sees Inter lead 2-0. Spurs never rally recoverd after that to be down 4-0 at half time. Sure they scored 3 goals late on, but by then, Inter thought they had it won and lost their focus. Spurs are a different team at home, and with better insight and knowledge how Inter play, they know they cannot be cavalier in their approach here. Inter have class players like Sneijder and Etoo who can torment you if given the chance, so expect Redknapp to have learnt some lessons from the first game and be more cautious in his approach. Benitez has always shown, with Valencia and Liverpool, that he tended to be much more defence minded when playing on the road. Inter lead the group with 7 points while Spurs are next with 4 points, and for Benitez, a point would be enough. He also knows quite a few of the Spurs players from his time with Liverpool, and he would have seen in the first game, what their strengths and weaknesses are. Also, if you have seen their 6 games that they have played in the Serie A and CL, they have gone over twice, 2-1 at Palermo after conceding early and then having to go on the attack to get the win, and 2-2 at Twente Enschede. The other 4 games have been 1-0 scorelines where they have won 3 of these (and kept clean sheets in them), while the other they lost to a 92nd minute goal at Roma. While there are points to say that this will be an open game especially after the first game had 7 goals in it, believe that the managers will play this differently, and will look to get a point while 3 would be a bonus Werder Bremen - Twente Enschede over 3.5 @ 2.55 pinnacle These two teams have 2 points in the group and it is a must win situation for both of them, as they have to face the two favourites in the group, and to have any chance of progressing through to the next stage, they will need to win here. They had a 1-1 draw in the first leg, with both sides having the chances to score more goals, and believe that this will be an open game given the scenario both teams are going for the win, and hopefully this time, the chances will see goals scored. Werder Bremen have scored and conceded in 4 of their last 5 games in this competition, as they like to attack, but also struggle to keep a clean sheet. They have seen 4 of these games result in 4 or more goals in this game, including the two home games where they drew 2-2 with Tottenham and beat Sampdoria 3-1. Things are no different in their domestic game as they have scored and conceded in their last 6 games in the Bundesliga, with 5 of these 6 games seeing 4+ goals scored in them Twente have scored and conceded in their 3 CL games, with 2 of these also seeing 4+ goals scored, including a 3-1 loss away to Tottenham. They too follow a similar pattern in their domestic league, with goals scored in their last 6 games, and 4 of these has seen their games have 4+ goals in them, as they have scored and conceded in these 4 games. With a win vital for both sides, and both teams who can score but have questionable defending, like this to be a high scoring game Benfica - Lyon under 2.5 @ 1.81 pinnacle Benfica have just 3 points in this group and need to win this while Lyon have won all 3 games, and while a point would be good, a loss would not be that much of a big deal for them, as they would be confident of finishing off the other two teams. Benfica beat Hapoel Tel Aviv at home 2-0, but lost 2-0 at Schalke and Lyon, while Lyon have kept clean sheets in both of their home games, and won 3-1 away to Hapoel. Lyon are likely to be missing players to injuries, as attacking players like striker Lopez who scored the second goal in the first game is out, and so they may change their tactics and bring in another midfielder. While Benfica are also without a good striker in Cardozo, so they may find it tough to breach a Lyon defence they could not get past in the first game. Lyon led 1-0 early on and it was only with the dismissal of Gaitan that allowed Lyon to break down Benfica a second time. Looks like a low scoring game here Schalke @ 2.03 pinnacle Schalke have 6 points in this group while Hapoel have lost all 3 games, as they look outclassed in this competition. They were comfortably beaten 3-1 by Schalke in the first leg, and will be missing their best player Schechter, who is injured, and it was he who scored a 90th minute consolation goal in this game. Schalke have class players like Raul and Huntelaar who can score goals, and as in the first game where they had plenty of chances to make the scoreline even bigger, believe that they will create chances in this game to win this one too Bursaspor +0.5 @ 2.23 pinnacle Bursaspor have lost all 3 games in the CL, and are playing for pride. They were tactically found out in the 4-0 loss to Valencia before coming back to lose narrowly 1-0 to both Rangers and Man Utd. As for Man Utd they have won both of their games 1-0 and drew 0-0 at home, so they have kept a clean sheet in each of their games. Bursaspor would like to get something from this competition so what better way than to cause something of an upset if they were to get at least a draw here. Man Utd have been doing enough to get by in their games, and even though they are a much better side than the home team, wonder what the motivation and focus for them is like, given that a point would be good for them with two winnable games to come. They have games against Wolves, Manchester City and Aston Villa to be played withing a week, so can see these players looking ahead and not too worried about this one, which will give some hope for Bursaspor to be more competitive in this game. Valencia - Rangers under 2.5 @ 1.99 pinnacle Valencia, after beating Bursaspor 4-0, then conceded a late goal to lose 1-0 to Man Utd and drew 1-1 away to Rangers, who had drawn 0-0 away to Man Utd and beat Bursaspor 1-0 at home. Both teams need the 3 points here to progress, but have shown that defensively they are pretty solid and will not give much away here, especially as Rangers are likely to play the 5-4-1 formation they tend to use in European games. Can see a low scoring game here Rubin Kazan -1 (AH) @ 2.03 pinnacle These two teams drew 0-0 in the first game and there was nothing to suggest that Panathinaikos could turn things around here. The Greek side were well held by Rubin Kazan, and now with both teams needing a win to have any chance of progressing, then Panathinaikos would have to be more adventurous to get the win. Rubin will go for it at home, where they played well to draw 1-1 with Barcelona. Can see the home side scoring here, but the odds of them winning are far too low. Taking the insurance bet here, expecting Rubin to score first, and hoping that Panathinaikos will open up further and then get hit on the counter, but if they do not, then i will take the money back Copenhagen - Barcelona under 2.5 @ 2.11 pinnacle Having beaten Rubin Kazan 1-0 at home, Copenhagen beat Panathinaikos 2-0 away and lost 2-0 at Barcelona, who did draw 1-1 away to Rubin Kazan, while smashing Panathinaikos 5-1 at home in the first game. Barcelona have 7 points while Copenhagen have 6 points, so a point for each side would be handy. Copenhagen have shown that they are a good side who are hard to break down, as Barcelona experienced this at the Nou Camp, so expect them to give then some problems at home. Barcelona also showed in their draw at Rubin Kazan that they are not as comfortable playing on the road as they are in their home stadium. Copenhagen know that they cannot play an open game here otherwise the likes of Messi, Xavi and Iniesta will open them up, while also believe that Barcelona will be much more cautious in this game, as the more colder climate will not suit their game. Like this to be a low scoring game with a draw, or Barcelona doing enough to win with a clean sheet

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Tuesday 2nd November

rangers is not a good team at all. they gain points on their defensive tactics. i mean when they played valencia at home all they really did was contain their attack to get one point out of the game. how are they going to do any better in spain. its totally different ball game and you can bet your arse they will concede at least two goals in first half.
Did you watch the game in Glasgow? If you did then this post is even more ludicrous. I am by no means a Rangers fan nor do I have any affection for them, however, only a delusional punter can deny that Rangers had FAR more clear cut chances against Valencia at home than the Spanairds did. IMO the Spanish side were unlucky not to be 3-0 down at half time. On another night Rangers would have found their shooting boots and scored at least some of the numerous quality chances they had on the night. Yes it will be different tonight, but I think it's foolish to overlook the tactics Rangers will play and I see absolutely no value on Valencia on the straight win.

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Tuesday 2nd November W.Bremen v/s Twente over 3.5 @ 2.37 bet365 & Twente @ 5.50 stan james This CL group is the highest scoring one of the season with w.bremen,inter,twente and spurs with an average of 4 goals... I can see this to continue with a Werder conceding 21 goals in 10 bundesliga matches and tonight missing defender Naldo and goalkeeper Weise and also Borowski..with all these I pretty much fancy Twente on a nice value of 5.50 as the latter is in great form and on Saturday they did even beat PSV and now leading the Eredivisie..a must win for both teams with lots of goals but expecting Twente to come with the 3 points here hopefully.:hope

Copenhagen - Barcelona under 2.5 @ 2.11 pinnacle Having beaten Rubin Kazan 1-0 at home, Copenhagen beat Panathinaikos 2-0 away and lost 2-0 at Barcelona, who did draw 1-1 away to Rubin Kazan, while smashing Panathinaikos 5-1 at home in the first game. Barcelona have 7 points while Copenhagen have 6 points, so a point for each side would be handy. Copenhagen have shown that they are a good side who are hard to break down, as Barcelona experienced this at the Nou Camp, so expect them to give then some problems at home. Barcelona also showed in their draw at Rubin Kazan that they are not as comfortable playing on the road as they are in their home stadium. Copenhagen know that they cannot play an open game here otherwise the likes of Messi, Xavi and Iniesta will open them up, while also believe that Barcelona will be much more cautious in this game, as the more colder climate will not suit their game. Like this to be a low scoring game with a draw, or Barcelona doing enough to win with a clean sheet
I like your reasoning and also expect Copenhagen to cause some kind of a surprise here. I'm personally leaning towards 1-1 draw, but instead picking a draw I have decided to devide the stake into 3 HT/FT bets at Ladbrokes Copenhagen/Draw @ 15.00 Copenhagen/Barcelona @ 29.00 Barcelona/Draw @ 19.00

The one bet I will consider is corner markets in Bursaspor - Mn.United game. United is not soo god in getting corners recently. They lost on corners against Scunthrope, Wolves and Tottenham and it is very likely that Sir Alex will play some youngsters in this game, so I do not see them getting many corners. Bursaspor in my opinion will attack in front of their fans while United will most likely try to score a goal and then defend. Bursaspor corner stats in the Champions League: Bursaspor 9-9 Valncia Rangers 3-4 Bursaspor Man.United 6-1 Bursaspor Or this game can go in completely different direction where some players will want to make a statement and J.Hernandez might even score a hat-trick.
Bursaspor Over 4.5 Corners @ 1.90 Ladbrokes

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Tuesday 2nd November Valencia vs. Rangers Under 2.5 goals @ 2.00 Valencia are in the middle of a torrid run of form after a very good start to their La Liga season taking 1 point from a possible 9 in their last three league games in Spain. Rangers are coming off the back of a very important away win in the first Old Firm of the season and avoiding defeat here will be a massive boost for their chances to qualify from the group stages. They will go to Spain playing a 4-6-0 formation and will literally park a Big Blue bus infront of their goal allowing Valencia onto them. They did this very effectively at Old Trafford and I am sure they will do it again tonight. There are no major players missing out from both teams and I exepct a low scoring boring encounter. Tottenham Hotspur vs Inter Milan Both Teams to Score @ 1.61 Not a great deal of explanation here. Tottenham games have been full of goals at home this season and I don't expect it to stop here. I once read a post on Punters Lounge and it said that I would never bet on Inter Milan to win if they were missing Esteban Cambiasso. Well Cambiasso is missing tonight alongside star keeper Julio Cesar so a goal from Tottenham at home is likely. Inter have plenty of quality about them to score aswell and they're good enough not to come to spurs with a massively defensive formation. They know a win for them guarantees qualification so will come to Spurs hoping to ease the pressure on themselves. Spurs have scored and conceded in all of their last three home games. They'll do it again tongight. The double pays 3.23 At William Hill. Get involved.

Valencia vs. Rangers Under 2.5 goals @ 2.00 Valencia are in the middle of a torrid run of form after a very good start to their La Liga season taking 1 point from a possible 9 in their last three league games in Spain. Rangers are coming off the back of a very important away win in the first Old Firm of the season and avoiding defeat here will be a massive boost for their chances to qualify from the group stages. They will go to Spain playing a 4-6-0 formation and will literally park a Big Blue bus infront of their goal allowing Valencia onto them. They did this very effectively at Old Trafford and I am sure they will do it again tonight. There are no major players missing out from both teams and I exepct a low scoring boring encounter. Tottenham Hotspur vs Inter Milan Both Teams to Score @ 1.61 Not a great deal of explanation here. Tottenham games have been full of goals at home this season and I don't expect it to stop here. I once read a post on Punters Lounge and it said that I would never bet on Inter Milan to win if they were missing Esteban Cambiasso. Well Cambiasso is missing tonight alongside star keeper Julio Cesar so a goal from Tottenham at home is likely. Inter have plenty of quality about them to score aswell and they're good enough not to come to spurs with a massively defensive formation. They know a win for them guarantees qualification so will come to Spurs hoping to ease the pressure on themselves. Spurs have scored and conceded in all of their last three home games. They'll do it again tongight. The double pays 3.23 At William Hill. Get involved.
Good post, reasoning is solid, took Spurs/Inter both to score 1.71 on stanjames yest but I could well be tempted by this double, I actually think Valencia have been overrated by many after the good few results they enjoyed at the start of the season in that it raised expectations amongst supporters and possibly punters..the players they lost in close season were a real blow and they were never going to be able to get players in close to Villa and Silva in terms of the quality they brought to the side, Rangers have been in this situation many times and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they nicked a hard earned draw.

Tottenham - Inter Milan under 2.5 @ 2.01 pinnacle Expecting a much more subdued game here compared to the first game two weeks ago. Spurs have shown that they have problems playing on the road in the CL as they have tended to concede goals, as was evident when they allowed Zanetti to score after just 2 minutes. Then the sending off the keeper Gomezand subsequent penalty sees Inter lead 2-0. Spurs never rally recoverd after that to be down 4-0 at half time. Sure they scored 3 goals late on, but by then, Inter thought they had it won and lost their focus. Spurs are a different team at home, and with better insight and knowledge how Inter play, they know they cannot be cavalier in their approach here. Inter have class players like Sneijder and Etoo who can torment you if given the chance, so expect Redknapp to have learnt some lessons from the first game and be more cautious in his approach. Benitez has always shown, with Valencia and Liverpool, that he tended to be much more defence minded when playing on the road. Inter lead the group with 7 points while Spurs are next with 4 points, and for Benitez, a point would be enough. He also knows quite a few of the Spurs players from his time with Liverpool, and he would have seen in the first game, what their strengths and weaknesses are. Also, if you have seen their 6 games that they have played in the Serie A and CL, they have gone over twice, 2-1 at Palermo after conceding early and then having to go on the attack to get the win, and 2-2 at Twente Enschede. The other 4 games have been 1-0 scorelines where they have won 3 of these (and kept clean sheets in them), while the other they lost to a 92nd minute goal at Roma. While there are points to say that this will be an open game especially after the first game had 7 goals in it, believe that the managers will play this differently, and will look to get a point while 3 would be a bonus
Some very good points - lost some confidence in my bet. Don't know as much as Inter as you obv do. But just because Tottenham know they cannot be 'cavalier' in their approach, does not mean they won't. Not impressed with Tottenhams central defenders, and do not see them sitting back on a 1-0 lead. Believe the they will play some free flowing attacking football, as to me, that is all they got. Really like your view on the Copenhagen - Barca game, and have followed you there. Forecasts predict alot of rain in Parken tonight, which further strenghtens the bet imo.

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Tuesday 2nd November RUBEN - PANATHINIAKOS Taking a look at this fixture there are few stand out bets for me, have to say that goes for most of tonights games for me. Ive gone for under 2.5 goals @ 4/6 bet365 with a view of the group trend continuing. 6 games in this group so far and 5 have been under. out of 5 games involving these 2 teams 4 have been under with the exception of the greeks away trip to barca but i will let that one slide (it was barca, afterall). these teams played a 0-0 draw last week and both will be concious of losing this game and making things difficult to get out of the group, albeit to the europa league. BENFICA - LYON first thought here is benfica must know that anything but a win here and they will be lucky to still be in the running for qualification with schalke playing tel aviv. they had 2 tough away trips in a row and wll be flying to make this a 3 way group. Lyon are sitting comfortable and with a home tie still to come against tel aviv on last day do not have the same motivation, although i do not expect them to roll over i think benfica will have extra edge. Lyon have proved to be a better in europe than domestic league this season where away from home they have lost 3/5 and benficas domestic home record reading w2 l2. I feel benfica will edge this @ evens bet365, in a low scoring game under 2.5 @ 3/4 bet365. BURSASPOR - MAN UTD man utd have gone 22 games unbeaten in all competitions whilst being unspectacular. infact i couldnt believe it, but its true. with this team that cant last much longer, i dont expect them to lose tonight nessacerily because they will be set up not too but bursaspor can play some decent stuff if on song and shouldnt be overawed any longer having played everyone in thegroup. in my eyes if man utd line up as expected tonight i see only 3 world class players in vidic, evra and berbatov. then a great pro in darren fletcher, 2 over the hill players in Van der sar and scholes although both are more than capable on there day and then 4 average palyers and a great prospect in hernandez. This is not the man utd that can go anywher and expect to win, this will be a tough tough game for this team as the narrow home win suggests. im going for cagey affair, with under 0.5 1st half goals @ 13/8 and under 1.5 goals @ 2/1 both bet 365. 4 out of 6 games in this group under 1.5 goals so far. COPENHAGEN - BARCA no suprises here i think, the danes will try to impress but barca will come out on top in my opinion. I think class will prevail and although they wont lie down i think copenhagen will know these games wont make or break there qualification chances. barca to win by 2 goals @ 3/1 bet365. SPURS - INTER think this will be a cracking game with harry redknapp stating that they will attack inter from the start. If spurs can play with 11 men and the confidence they showed in the second half they will have every chance of beating inter tonight. im not sure inter would have won champions league last year without mourinho in charge and i dont rate rafa at all, despite his european record being excellent. spurs migt be a little naive in europe and it maybe there undoing tonight but im gonna go for it all to click tonight with spurs to win @ 8/5 spurs over 5.5 corners @ 4/5 ht/ft draw-spurs @5/1 0ver 2.5 goals 17/20 all bet365 some interesting games tonight. good luck all.

RUBEN - PANATHINIAKOS Taking a look at this fixture there are few stand out bets for me, have to say that goes for most of tonights games for me. Ive gone for under 2.5 goals @ 4/6 bet365 with a view of the group trend continuing. 6 games in this group so far and 5 have been under. out of 5 games involving these 2 teams 4 have been under with the exception of the greeks away trip to barca but i will let that one slide (it was barca, afterall). these teams played a 0-0 draw last week and both will be concious of losing this game and making things difficult to get out of the group, albeit to the europa league. BENFICA - LYON first thought here is benfica must know that anything but a win here and they will be lucky to still be in the running for qualification with schalke playing tel aviv. they had 2 tough away trips in a row and wll be flying to make this a 3 way group. Lyon are sitting comfortable and with a home tie still to come against tel aviv on last day do not have the same motivation, although i do not expect them to roll over i think benfica will have extra edge. Lyon have proved to be a better in europe than domestic league this season where away from home they have lost 3/5 and benficas domestic home record reading w2 l2. I feel benfica will edge this @ evens bet365, in a low scoring game under 2.5 @ 3/4 bet365. BURSASPOR - MAN UTD man utd have gone 22 games unbeaten in all competitions whilst being unspectacular. infact i couldnt believe it, but its true. with this team that cant last much longer, i dont expect them to lose tonight nessacerily because they will be set up not too but bursaspor can play some decent stuff if on song and shouldnt be overawed any longer having played everyone in thegroup. in my eyes if man utd line up as expected tonight i see only 3 world class players in vidic, evra and berbatov. then a great pro in darren fletcher, 2 over the hill players in Van der sar and scholes although both are more than capable on there day and then 4 average palyers and a great prospect in hernandez. This is not the man utd that can go anywher and expect to win, this will be a tough tough game for this team as the narrow home win suggests. im going for cagey affair, with under 0.5 1st half goals @ 13/8 and under 1.5 goals @ 2/1 both bet 365. 4 out of 6 games in this group under 1.5 goals so far. COPENHAGEN - BARCA no suprises here i think, the danes will try to impress but barca will come out on top in my opinion. I think class will prevail and although they wont lie down i think copenhagen will know these games wont make or break there qualification chances. barca to win by 2 goals @ 3/1 bet365. SPURS - INTER think this will be a cracking game with harry redknapp stating that they will attack inter from the start. If spurs can play with 11 men and the confidence they showed in the second half they will have every chance of beating inter tonight. im not sure inter would have won champions league last year without mourinho in charge and i dont rate rafa at all, despite his european record being excellent. spurs migt be a little naive in europe and it maybe there undoing tonight but im gonna go for it all to click tonight with spurs to win @ 8/5 spurs over 5.5 corners @ 4/5 ht/ft draw-spurs @5/1 0ver 2.5 goals 17/20 all bet365 some interesting games tonight. good luck all.
Good stuff...but you'd be better off broadening your horizons with other bookies. You'll be missing out over the long term if you stick with one firm, believe me. You put the work in so why not chase the better prices, and those juicy free offers whilst you're at it? One of your bets last night missed out on 20% profit, and thats only one example. Don't take it the wrong way mate...i enjoy your write-ups.

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Tuesday 2nd November Rangers under 3.5 corners @ 10/11 b365. No secret how Walter sets his troops out. Will be happy to concede possession (pity no markets up) and territory, as he did at Old Trafford. Valencia will be looking at the next two consecutive home CL games tonight and v the Turks as must win games. 6 pts will more than likely, mean they'll face the final match at Man Utd possibly already through, or needing a draw at the bare minimum. Valencia SU has no value for mine, with the 6/5 about a home win to nil a better option...not decided as yet, but will confirm if on. Valencia can hit some big corner numbers, and indeed won the Ibrox corner count 12-5, and the -4 mildly tempted, but opposing the Rangers' away trend for lack of corners, incl' 0 @ Old Trafford and 1 @ Celtic. Should be an out and out blockbuster at Spurs. A proper European night that'll rank with any of their glorious 70's and 80's nights. If Mourinho was still guvnor at Inter, i'd be all over them, but he's not, and this Inter won't thrive this season. Disappointed the UK books have no player bookings on offer. The crackling atmosphere and fast tempo, will produce a fair few cards imo. Just weighing up how to wager it.

Evening gents, First bet I like the look of in the CL this week comes in Spain, Valencia v Rangers - Draw/Valencia @ 4.7 (Betfair) Think this looks a fair bet to be honest, it's no secret how Rangers will approach this game tomorrow night, they will adopt the 5-4-1 formation which, to be fair, has served them so well both at domestic level and in Europe thus far this season. The draw at Old Trafford was a credible one, no matter what side SAF put out that evening, at home to the Turks and Valencia last time out, again Rangers played well and deserved the points they got. However, I feel it might be a slightly different evening for them in Spain tomorrow night. Valencia are in trouble and are in danger of not qualifying for the last 16 of the competition, however a win against Rangers on home soil tomorrow night will put them back in the driving seat for second place. They will go out to win this game, there will be no resting players nor any under estimating Rangers as they know they will be in for a tough night trying to break down the Gers defensive banks. For this reason I can see not much action happening early on, with Rangers happy to sit in and soak uo the pressure. Gers dropped first points of the season at the weekend to Inverness at Ibrox in the SPL. Star defender Bougherra has came out and warned his team mates about fatigue, even this early on in the season, they have had a number of hard fought victories where they have fought from being behind to grabbing victory. The tactics they employ have been successfull but they are also tiring, it is difficult to press a team for 90 minutes without some players feeling some wear and tear, it is for this reason I am slightly more confident of Valencia getting that important goal in the second half, with the away sides legs perhaps starting to tire a little and the Spanish sides fluent passing being able to expose a few tired legs. The bookies seem to think this will be a breeze for the Spanish side, and whilst we cannot rule out a comfortable home victory, I think they will have to work hard for their desired win and if they are to get the winning goal it will come in the second half. With the knowledge of what tactics Rangers will use and how they will approach this game, I think 4.7 is a tasty price for a very possible outcome to this football match and I am willing to oblige in backing it. Like Spirit's shout on the unders too. Goodluck everyone :hope:ok
Hi gents, Another bet I think is priced up a bit too high for this game.. Valencia v Rangers - Valencia to keep a clean sheet @ 2.02 (Betfair) Most of my resoning for this bet has been said in my previous post along with other members tips aswell. Rangers will settle for a 0-0 draw right here right now, they will go defensive with Miller leading the line and they will be defending for the majoirty of the game. I know Valencia did not look great defensivly at Ibrox a couple of weeks ago, but at the Mestalla it will be a different game and Los Che will be on the attacking foot for the majoirty of the game. I'd have priced the home clean sheet up, at around 1.7-1.8, although I wouldnt have been surprised if it was lower given the tactics we know the visitors are going to employ, so I am more than happy to take the home clean sheet at above evens. Cheers and goodluck everyone :hope

Some very good points - lost some confidence in my bet. Really like your view on the Copenhagen - Barca game, and have followed you there. Forecasts predict alot of rain in Parken tonight, which further strenghtens the bet imo.
Yeah i'm the same on both of these points after reading your post. Benitez is defensive on the road and does know the Spurs team well from his time in England. I think Harry will attack tonight though, spurs don't know any other way and don't really have the squad to keep it tight tonight. Also Dawson/King are out, apparently King might make it but atm it looks like Kaboul/Gallas are starting. Good analysis of the Copenhagen game and i'd have to agree with that one and follow it myself. I like the point LLudvig made about it raining, don't think people take into consideration the weather often enough. But the Spaniards will surely not enjoy a wet night away from home.

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Tuesday 2nd November Here we go for the Queen of football competition: I can see tight game this week, the 4th day is a turn in the competition. A lot of teams are in a streak of 5 or 6 games with 3 days between each games. So tonight, I will go for a Combo of draw --> Rubin Kazan vs Pana Draw @ 3.29 Between last year and this year, all games of Kazan at home have finished by a draw. They meet 2 times Barcelona, 1 time Inter and Dynamo Kiev. I think it's just not a hazard but their play is builded to not take too much risk at home and to be more agressive in away games (they won vs Barca and lost all other) In front of them, Pana have an experienced team who play more simple in away games because in this modern football, at home you have to create the game, create combinaison to try to score a goal. In away games, you can just park the bus and wait for a counter attack especially if you have players with lot of pace and Pana have this kind of player. Benfica vs Lyon Draw @ 2.98 I think Lyon this year do not the same error during last 2 years. They finished 2nd and met Barca and Real Madrid in the last 16. Lyon is better than Benfica, they have a lot of injured players but they still have enough quality to get 1 point in this fixture. They will meet Schalke in away and I can't see them take 0 point in this 2 games. Spurs vs Inter Draw @ 2.98 I will go like the forum on this game, I can see tight game, a lot of injured players, Inter will go for a draw and if Tottenham score Inter put the turbo on and they will try to equalize. Valencia vs Rangers +1 Rangers @ 2.80 I take the handicap on this one beacause Rangers are really willing to pass the qualification for the last 16. They do it well with 5 points and they are on a good dynamic. Ok Rangers' play is not the Barca or Spain 's play. But it's not a competition to prove something about your play It's about winning at all cost and to do what you have to do to win. Rangers are making good with them players ( they have not Messi or Xavi, allright they park the but and wait for a counter attack or a good set piece) Valencia at this odd is just a joke, they are on a bad dynamic and it's always difficult to beat athletic and strong teams especially for a team like Valencia. I will go for a 2/4, 3/4 and 4/4 on partybets.fr With 2 good results, my money will be back and with 3 or 4 good results, champagne! :hope

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Tuesday 2nd November Bursaspor v Man Utd - back Man U at 4/5 Looks a big price on Man U this (on betfair currently). For all their recent domestic problems, Man U are just too experienced to slip up against a side who are possibly the worst in the competition. A lot is made of the Turkey factor, intimidating atmosphere etc, but I feel the standard of Turkish football is an all-time low right now. Bursaspor were annihilated at home by an average Valencia side and Man U are clearly a step up from the Spaniards. Valencia v Rangers - back under 2.5 goals at Evs I agree with an earlier opinion on this match. We all know how Rangers will play for the 0-0, and even if they go a goal down, they'll still be ultra-defensive, so the unders looks a terrific bet (currently 2.04 on betfair). Valencia look mediocre compared to last season (you don't lose all those great players in the summer and not be effected) although I expect they'll be more dangerous at home compared to the last match at Ibrox where admittedly they rested a lot of players. Spurs v Inter - lay Spurs at 2.66 I was surprised by how much of a gulf there was between the sides at the San Siro. Nobody should be fooled by the 2 late goals for Spurs. It was very one-sided. Inter will be more cautious at WHL but they've just got too many good players and experience for Spurs. It could be a closer match this time but at the price, I'm happy to lay Spurs all day.

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Tuesday 2nd November I have got 3 bets so far and one slightly more risky one. Man United's games have been averaging below 3 cards per game so far in the Champions league, so based on that fact, I will be backing the following: 5pts Under 3.5 Cards @ 1.90 bet365 It is a well know fact that both Inter Milan and Tottenham have been averaging > 4 goals in all of their champions league games. I will be backing the following: 5pts Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.95 bet365 Barcelona is a well-rounded team that attacks down the flanks, and based on the past games in the Champions league, if I remember correctly I think 3 out of 4 of their games they have beaten the -2 corner handicap. Hence I will be backing: 5pts Barcelona -2.5 Corner Handicap @ 1.85 bet365 Now for the slightly more risky one. Both Lyon and Benfica play pretty rough and the stats backs the following seeing hwo they have been averaging >4 cards in their games in the champions league in 3 out of 4 of their fixtures if not all 4 of their fixtures. On that note, I will be backing: 3pts Over 4.5 Cards @ 1.72 bet365 Going with the following as well: 2pts 4-Fold @ 11.78 bet365 4pts 3-Fold on the 1st 3 mentioned bets @ 6.85 bet365 GL all :hope Edit: Looking into more bets atm, will post when I finalise them.

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Tuesday 2nd November Tottenham v Inter - Both sides to score @ 1.75 Betfair This seems like a great bet to me. Tottenham came away from the San Siro feeling like they had won and I expect them to go into this game with high morale. I believe that Tottenham are without Ledley King who is their rock at the back and without him I cannot see them keeping a clean sheet. Also, Tottenham have conceded in their last 5 games at White Hart Lane. Inter Milan, on the other hand, are a quality side who embarassed Tottenham in the first 15 minutes at the San Siro. So I would be very surprised if Inter Milan are unable to score tonight. Therefore this is my main bet for tonight. Good luck to all :hope

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Tuesday 2nd November Bursaspor v M.United The only reason, I place my bet on this game is the approach and mood of Bursa. Now, it is clear for them that the Champions League cant and wont be a target for them after 3 lost games and even being 3rd and heading to Europa League is a far target considering the points obtained by Rangers and Valencia so far... Besides, no need to point the lack of experience. But, the weakest part of the Bursa is the narrow vision of the board and the coach about transfers. Just to maintain the payment level equal, they didnt transfer any player that can really make a difference. Even smaller teams or teams that dont play in Europe this seasonlike Kayserispor and Ankaragucu has some players like Vitek, Zalayeta who can make difference but most importantly has experience. But, Bursa didnt do that and that was their biggesr mistake. You cant think small if you are competiing in C.League. This is another subject ofocurse... Anyway, as a team Bursa is good and solid. Now, they have no pressure and its clear for them that Turkish Super League has more importance for them considering being in Europe next season as well with more experience. In the weekend they have an important game away from home. To conclude, I believe that Bursa without any pressure on will just enjoy the game which most probbaly will bring the obvious outcome comewhich is playing better and I expect them to score their first goal in C.League. I expect to see some goals tonight and I believe that we will most probably see an tight away win with each side scoring. I have to admit that the price offered is higher than I expected. So ; M.United @1.75 Gamebookers 4/10 Over 2.5 Goals @2.18 10Bet 4/10 M.United (-1) (X) @3.34 10Bet 2/10 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I found some interesting bets and just as an aditional informaton for anyone interested : Sercan Yildirim - Anytime Scorer @3.40 Gamebookers Correct Score (1-2) @7.85 10Bet M.Utd to win & over 2.5 goals scored combined in the game @3.20 Gamebookers Good Luck All :)

As an Inter supporter I will also add that Inter struggles against English teams when playing away with some exceptions. The only games that I remember Inter winning were 3-0 against Arsenal somewhere in 2000 and last season against Chelsea.
mar 26/11/02 ULD Newcastle United 1 - 4 Internazionale mar 16/09/03 ULD Arsenal 0 - 3 Internazionale mar 19/02/08 ULD Liverpool 2 - 0 Internazionale mié 11/03/09 ULD Manchester United 2 - 0 Internazionale mar 16/03/10 ULD Chelsea 0 - 1 Internazionale

Schalke (0) @ 1.52 Valencia @ 1.40 Copenhagen - Barca over 1.5 goals @ 1.25 ===================== Total treble @ 2.625 Bet365 for 4/10 In case of win, Bet 365 will double the profit. Copenhagen game should have goals, as the home team has to go out and attack. From what I'm reading Valencia should win by at least 1 goal. Schalke is the only doubt, however I read that Hapoel play-maker is out, and the israeli guys are recommending Schalke. Hope it goes through.:dude
When you state ( in case of win, bet365 will double the profits ) do you not mean 5% think it goes up depending on how many teams, to get 100% you need it to be 14fold. If im reading it correctly. Good luck with your treble