** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Best Bet of the day 1st of October

Aidymac

Re: Best Bet of the day 1st of October 4.50 Newmarket Reve De Nuit is a frustrating sort he clearly has plenty of ability but needs a really truly run race to be at his best and presented at the right time to go win his races Murtagh is an extremely eye catching booking for a reasonably small yard. A recent 3rd at ascot in a classifed event was a good effort to suggest heart is in the right place at the moment and remains on his last winning mark! 0.5pt e/w Reve de nuit 11/1 VC

Re: Best Bet of the day 1st of October 4:50 Newmarket - Dolphin Rock - .5pts e/w @ 9/1 (PaddyPower - BOG) Highly consistent and progressive gelding who hasn't finished out of the frame at all this season. He started off the season racing off a mark of 67 and is now rated as an 83 animal. He has come on leaps and bounds in his 3 year old campaign showing a great attitude throughout. He has raced 7 times this season, winning twice and coming 2nd or 3rd on the other 4 occasions. His best efforts have come with cut in the ground and that's pretty much assured here today and with the Newmarket course likely to suit his style he has everything going for him. Dolphin Rock has shown a good attitude on many an occasion when looking beaten only to battle back and give his all, he has been unlucky a number of times and with a bit of luck today this race is certainly not beyond his abilities. Jamie Spencer takes the ride on him today and whenever he rides for David Barron it means business. He has ridden for him 125 times and they should a level stakes profit and have a very impressive 22% strike rate. They also teamed up for a winner here yesterday when Amitola got her head in front over 6f. Dolphin Rock should have everything to suit here, he loves soft ground and has a sound draw in stall 8. If there is a strong gallop I expect he'll have a big say come the end of the race when his stamina kicks in and I certainly expect he should place at a minimum. I'd imagine Barron has aimed him at this race for a while now and a mark of 83 is certainly not insurmountable for this progressive son of Mark of Esteem. 9/1 looks extremely generous to me and I think he will go off shorter, I had him as the 7/2 clear favourite given his love of the ground and the doubts amongst many of the field handling it. Hopefully he justifies a maximum each way stake and progresses onto the next level by taking this race. He certainly has it in him and as long as Spencer doesn't ruin his chances he should go close.

Re: Best Bet of the day 1st of October 1.25 Newmarket Khawlah win @ 5/1 >Bet365 Finished second behind Shim Sham over an extended 6 furlongs on when making her debut at Salisbury. Stepped up to a mile for the next outing and duly obliged at todays course. Ran quite freely last time but there looks to be plenty of improvement to come and could get Fankie off to a flyer.

Re: Best Bet of the day 1st of October Premio Loco Price is due to weight and the fact that this horse hasn't yet faced soft ground. The price is absolutely worth risking whether or not the horse is able to handle it. Has been in cracking and consistent form on the turf this season winning 2/4 races, and finishing second and third in the other two. Was sent off unfancied when winning the Sunley Criterion stakes (group 3), beating Red Jazz half a length over 7f. Red Jazz has recently gone on to third in the QEII stakes behind Rip Van Winkle and Poet's Voice, looking the winner at one stage. Premio Loco then went to the Summer mile stakes (group 2) and won that with a late burst of speed, running on powerfully to take the race from Vertigineux, with the likes of Dream Eater and Ouqba in behind. Went to the Sussex stakes next to go against top milers in RVW and Canford Cliffs. Ran well to finish third behind the market leaders and almost a length ahead of Beethoven. Went back down to a more realistic level once again and finished second behind Balthazaar's Gift, finishing only half a length behind. I think the drop down to 7f wasn't completely ideal, though. Back to a mile here and that'll be no problem. George Baker rides Newmarket well and is showing a huge profit along with a 19% strike rate too, which is promising. Hoping for a big run. 1pt win at 9/1 (Skybet)

Re: Best Bet of the day 1st of October 1.25 Newmarket Cochabamba really stands out for me here. Ran a cracking race last time out behind Theyskens Theory which is excellent form. All of her runs have thrown up winners or very good runs from other the other horses. Gets ground which she ran on last time out and I expect her to be up with the running throughout which should be ideal if we look at yesterdays races here. Danger may come from Lily Again but she is much more exposed and may not like the ground. 1 Pt win 13/2 Bet365

Re: Best Bet of the day 1st of October

Shim Sham - Newmarket 1:25 I think this animal is overpriced tomorrow. They say Kawlah is the best horse in this race. Well Shim Sham has beat Kawlah. Fallon takes the mount for Meehan who is in good form and should make its presence felt. 1 Point win @ 8/1 (Bet365) BOG
Non runner BH, ill change it please and thanks. Reddy To Star - Lingfield 2:55 Had some good efforts in defeat last year for Clive Cox and is now with Julie Camacho. Form nothing to get happy about but if reproducing last years form should have a decent shout here. Has run off a mark as high as 78 before and is now running in a seller so @ 14/1 i feel it is overpriced as i put it up as a 8/1 chance. 1 Point win @ 14/1 (Bet365) BOG

Re: Best Bet of the day 1st of October Newm 1.55 - Alexandros - win at 9/2 BOG with Bet365 Could be another one for Godolphin and Frankie ! This horse is in his right grade today having won twice before at group 3 level, 8F is his best trip, he acts on soft ground. The key to this horse seems to be that he gives his best when he's fresh from a decent break and he comes here after nearly 10 weeks off Penitent looks a big danger but he also perhaps acts best fresh and he had a hard race a couple of weeks ago. I'm more worried about Cityscape, who's always promised to be a good horse and started to show signs of fulfilling his promise last time out at Haydock.

Re: Best Bet of the day 1st of October 425 Hexham : Isitcozimcool EW (14/1 Boyles) Al Qeddaaf is fav here and has been beaten a few times and the last twice when odds on like today, has a great chance to get his head in front but no value. One at a bigger price that could run well is the Murtagh horse Isitcozimcool, been progressing slowly and made late headway last time without getting involved, this track does throw up some funny results so will take a chance with this one today at a backable price.

Re: Best Bet of the day 1st of October 3:05 Newmarket - Dream Ahead - Back Unbeaten in 2 career starts thus far. Looks a really exciting prospect and I think he'll win today before hitting the big time next year. Gosden and Buick have had a brilliant season and it's likely to continue here 1pt win @ 11/8 StanJames Bog

Re: Best Bet of the day 1st of October 16:05 Ling Victorian Bounty - A five year old who has had a bad season mustering just the one place. Has won a class 2 as a 3 year old boosting her rating to 94 now down to 75. Owners trying the AW for 1st time in a year and half has a AW record of 2 places from 4. Trying the visor today. 0.5 EW 10/1 Paddy power

Re: Best Bet of the day 1st of October 1.55 Newmarket ALEXANDROS record on soft ground reads 1-2-1-3 and the only other one who has decent form on a soft surface is PENITENT who won the lincoln back in march on soft ground. The godolphon horse has the stamina to beat Penitent on this surface but i wil cover the forecast as well Alexandros 4/1 Bet365

Re: Best Bet of the day 1st of October 17:50 Lingfield I really think that J J Bridgers Byrd In Hand has a chance here upped in trip and think the odds of 25/1 currently on offer are far too big and will definitely not go off that huge. Has raced the past twice at 7/8f's, and from those runs, he definitely needs further than that. Has ran at today's distance twice, and one of those runs (in maiden company) he was only 4 lengths away from the 90 rated Nuture, in his next run he was only 6 lengths away from the 81 rated Hear The Roar when he ran over an inadequate 8f. Has gone off the boil since then, but showed he was still up for his racing last time, where he was hugely outpaced but stuck on dourly at Newbury last time, when they went off very quickly. Debut on the all-weather which is perhaps a concern, however is related to AW winners so that shouldn't be a problem. 25/1 is far too big and I'm willing to give this one a chance, each-way of course. EW @ 25/1 >Bet365 BOG

Re: Best Bet of the day 1st of October DUDLEY 2.55 Lingfield. 0.5 points each way. Did well enough last time to suggest he can get involved today, and with the visor added for the first time I think it could bring about that bit more improvement to see him go very close. The trip and surface is fine and the price is currently looking very good value. I'll take the 16/1 with Stan James.

Re: Best Bet of the day 1st of October 7:15 Baby Strange @ Wolverhampton - Been running quite well this year with two wins and one place.That place came here at Wolverhampton over the same distance as today finishing 2nd to Arabian Mirage which has since finished 3rd in a Listed race. 1 pt Win bet @ 10/1 William Hill

Re: Best Bet of the day 1st of October 7.15 Wolverhampton - Drawnfromthepast (8/1 Ladbrokes BOG) Former winner of the Windsor Castle at Royal Ascot, won last time out over C&D when contesting a class 4 handicap for the first time since winning one at Bath. Is turned out quickly under a 6lb penalty in another class 4 tonight, with Sophie Doyle onboard, who has revitalized Lang Shining for the same yard.

Re: Best Bet of the day 1st of October

7.15 Wolverhampton - Drawnfromthepast (8/1 Ladbrokes BOG) Former winner of the Windsor Castle at Royal Ascot, won last time out over C&D when contesting a class 4 handicap for the first time since winning one at Bath. Is turned out quickly under a 6lb penalty in another class 4 tonight, with Sophie Doyle onboard, who has revitalized Lang Shining for the same yard.
1pt win, sorry

Re: Best Bet of the day 1st of October ELUSIVE RIDGE 9.00 Dundalk. 1 point win. I like the way he ran last time, and that form in context with this race gives him chances. I also think there might be more to come, so with the trip and surface not looking a problem and getting in off a mark of 85, I think it's all in place for a big effort.