** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis - 27 September - 3 October

Re: Tennis - 27 September - 3 October Sport Tennis Event Nieminen v Becker Selection Nieminen Strength 10/10 Date 02/10/2010 Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 1.85 Reasoning Nieminen rolling back the years and has looked great this week. He beat Becker early last week and should do it again. He has more variety from the back and is serving well. Becker is tough when he gets on a roll, and got a good win over Verdasco, but I'll take Nieminen at the prices.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 27 September - 3 October Sport Tennis Event Wozniacki v Dementieva Selection Dementieva Strength 10/10 Date 02/10/2010 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.65 Reasoning Great chance for Deme to cause the upset here. She's playing great and should have a lot of confidence coming into this. I think she matches up well with Woz from the back and previous matches have been close. Wozniacki was looking great early this week but was quite poor I thought against Azarenka. She's a real battler but has struggled against top players and Dementieva can pressure here. Think this will be close and I'll take my chances with Demetieva. Sport Tennis Event Ferrer v Golubev Selection Golubev Strength 10/10 Date 02/10/2010 Bookmaker/Price Victor Chandler @ 3.25 Reasoning Haven't really been a fan of Golubev, but watched his last two matches and he's been excellent. Especially against Soderling, he was just on fire. Serving good, moves the ball around nicely and backhand was so sweet. If he keeps playing like that he's do very very well. Ferrer too was good against Berdych. Berdych looked to be better player but whenever it got close Ferrer was mentally stronger. I'm not sure how these two will match up but I'll take a chance on Golubev continuing his run.

Re: Tennis - 27 September - 3 October

Sport Tennis
Event Jarkko Nieminen v Benjamin Becker
Selection Nieminen (-1.5) GH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 02/10/2010
Bookmaker/Price SBOBet @ 2.08
Reasoning Well, this is a interesting situation where we can find some nice value. Benjamin Becker produced the surprise by winning against a great player Fernando Verdasco, but speaking about certain this victory and not only about Verdasco's real level I will say that the spaniard purely didn't played his tennis as he has played with quite many errors. There are no doubts that Benjamin Becker did played a nice game against him, but still the most important reason for why he was the winner in the end it was all due to his opponent's not best tennis. Now, speaking about Jarko Nieminen, well here I will mentionate that this player did impressed well as Becker did too, Nieminen defeated Troicki and Melzer, two really nice wins. I won't try to defend Nieminen's desert as in this way I will underrate Becker, the only thing I want to say is that Nieminen is purely better player than Becker and that is all about here. Both players have been in a good form recently and IMO there will be a high qulaity game, but still it is Nieminen the more complete player, with a better baseline play, backhand and so on. Benjamin Becker is the player who can play his best tennis on grass, but on hard is a litter bit different the situation. All in all, Nieminen has the qualities and the game to dominate a player like Becker who depends quite a lot of his serve and groundstrokes, especially the forehand. Nieminen possess other qualities and he has more choices in a game like this one, so he should be the favourite for this one, no doubts. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis - 27 September - 3 October Golubev vs Ferrer: Golubev to defeat Ferrer @Pinnacle 2.92 (and falling) 4/10 Golubev yesterday totally dismantled Soderling. I have been watching this match and it reminded me about Golubev's match with Davydenko in Hamburg earlier this year: Golubev on the run chasing the opponent from one corner to another and smashing him into ridiculousness after the succesfull net approach. Yes, Soderling made it rather easy for Golubev, but still Golubev was absolutely dominating. As to Ferrer, he was lucky to go past Berdych, which still is not in his normal shape. Both Berdych and Ferrer played careful tennis with long rallies ended by sudden change of rhytm, which either failed or succeded. Golubev's approach was much more aggressive and should IMO work against Ferrer. Ferrer-Golubev H2H is 1:0 for Ferrer, who defeated Golubev in Monte-Carlo (clay) this year 63 62. But considering that indoor hard is Golubev's favourite surface, whereas Ferrer is a claycourter and - with the exception of the current tournament - played only one match on i-hard this year Davis Cup with France, lost with Monfils 1:3), the surface plays with Kazakh. I see big chances for Golubev.

Re: Tennis - 27 September - 3 October So unlucky with Nadal unders. Incredibly poor stuff on return by Rafa, especially on break points. Should have won this match a long time ago. I guess it's the worst display I've seen him in a long time considering how many chances he had

Re: Tennis - 27 September - 3 October Sport Tennis Event Date Krumm v Medina Garrigues Selection Lay Medina Garrigues (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 02/10/2010 Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 3.16 Reasoning Date is still going strong, and is very good in this part of the season. She's had good wins the past two weeks and can't see beyond her in this game. Medina is really struggling, hasn't had a win since mid July. Her last two efforts have been really poor, against out of form Shvedova and getting 2 games against K Bondarenko. Can't see her changing it around in this one and should be a comfortable win. Sport Tennis Event Goerges v Bacsinsky Selection Goerges Strength 10/10 Date 02/10/2010 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.66 Reasoning Goerges has really got her game together this year and is playing well. She's got a huge game, likes hard courts and should have too much power I feel. Bacsinsky is a player that I like too, but she hasn't really developed and seems to struggle most of the time. She has the odd good week, but early on seems worth opposing. Goerges should be a solid favourite for today.

Re: Tennis - 27 September - 3 October One of the craziest matches I've seen. Garcia-Lopez has turned into Federer :eek No-one in their right mind would've taken him today, he's normally a bag of nerves against big players. Fair does to him though.

Re: Tennis - 27 September - 3 October Sport Tennis Event Nieminen v Garcia Lopez Selection Nieminen Strength 10/10 Date 03/10/2010 Bookmaker/Price Betfred @ 1.83 Reasoning Expect Nieminen to take this final. He's just playing great this week, and has to finish it off. Garcia Lopez got an incredible win over Nadal, still don't know what happened. He played very well and in the final set Nadal was forcing too much and making a lot of errors. He saved 16 break points in the 2nd set otherwise it should have been a heavy defeat. Surely he'll struggle to back up that performance, and I expect Nieminen to take him down. Sport Tennis Event Youzhny v Golobev Selection Golubev Strength 10/10 Date 03/10/2010 Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 2.58 Reasoning Got to be Golubev for me here. He's simply playing incredible stuff this week. Excellent wins over Soderling and Ferrer and he's just producing a really high level, like he did in Hamburg earlier this year. Youzhny has had 3 tough matches this week, and it's tough to determine how well he's playing. Youzhny leads the H2H 3-0 including a comprehensive win in the US Open, but Golubev wasn't playing like this!

Re: Tennis - 27 September - 3 October

[...snip...] Sport Tennis Event Youzhny v Golobev Selection Golubev [... snip...]
Following you on this one @ Pinnacle 2.62. Just replayed Golubev's match with Youzhnyi at US open. Golubev seemed totally disinterested, the last game of the match he intentionally spread the balls outside the court. Tomorrow he will be in his favourite conditions, and having chance to grab his second career's title - big motivation! Fingers crossed. :hope

Re: Tennis - 27 September - 3 October Jarkko Nieminen to beat Guillermo Garcia-Lopez. 1.80 @ Victor Chandler (7/10) Can't see GGL past Nieminen. Jarkko has been incredible this week and is yet to drop a set. The Spaniard has played a lot of tennis and has had 3-setters in his last 3 matches. Bottom line here is that he will be tired and should not have been here anyway. It was all about Nadal's inability to take his chances. Rafa missed incredible 24(!) break points. It was ridiculous. Surely GGL will be tired. Don't think he'll have a chance, really. Nieminen has been serving very well and with GGL being tired he will more likely struggle on serve and Nieminen has got solid return game, so I see him taking his chances, not like Nadal. Alisa Kleybanova vs Jing-Jing Lu. Uncer 18 games. 1.85 @ Nordicbet (8/10) Total of 18 games... Seriously? Having a laugh here. Kleybanova will destroy this Chinese youngster. Not even playing at home will help her to avoid humiliation.

Re: Tennis - 27 September - 3 October Sport Tennis Event Kanpei v Pavlyuchenkova Selection Kanepi Strength 10/10 Date 03/10/2010 Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 1.83 Reasoning Happy to choose Kanepi here. Similar types of player, but Kanepi is showing the better form. She seems to have really matured this year and is playing very well. Had a good week last getting some wins (including Jankovic) and lost a very tough match against Schiavone. Pavlyuchenkova seems to have had a drop in form, and some injury concerns the past couple of months. She's had some losses where she just hasn't been in the game and that would be a concern backing her. Kanepi deserves to be favourite and I'd have her around 1.70.