UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September

Jase82

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September

Real Madrid and Chelsea double at 2.13 (Bet 365). Auxerre are incredibly poor this season and I don't see how Real won't be able to beat them' date=' especially with former Lyon man Benzema leading the front. Chelsea is at home where they are always strong. They will want to win this game ahead of the Arsenal fixture this weekend and also because this is the strongest side in their group (which they will want to top). That said I don't expect a rout in that last game and a clean sheet is not a certainty.[/quote'] :beer

- Real Madrid -1AH (vs Auxerre) @ 2.00 with Pinnacle (4/10)
Auxerre 0-1 Real Madrid - :unsure Got a push. Real's goal had a handball in the lead up but they deserved the win, missed a lot of chances. Well done to all winners tonight :ok

Good post and I also think that both Real and Chelsea games will be Under 2.5 Goals. And might consider the following doubles just for fun. Chelsea 1-0 & Real 1-0 @ 52.00 Chelsea 2-0 & Real 1-0 @ 48.75 Chelsea 1-0 & Real 2-0 @ 56.00 Chelsea 2-0 & Real 2-0 @ 52.50 Prices are from William Hill. What do you think?
Please tell me you got on this!!!!

new to the forum but would love to hear what you guys think so you can give me some confidence here :) Right now my thoughts are that Real Madrid is a guaranteed pick over auxerre. Mourinho coming off a tie to levante (who just came up from segunda) will want to get on the right track and this is the perfect game to do it. I do see this over 2.5 because against ajax they had more then 10 shots on goal but they just couldn't convert. I don't see them making those same mistakes again Another pick I think is guaranteed is Bayern vs Fc Basel. Don't get me wrong Bayern hasn't been in great form as of late but there is a big difference in champions league games and bundes liga matches. Lahm said it himself that they will be coming for the 3 points. They might not have great away form but this is the perfect opportunity to change that. As roma vs cluj is a great match up. Although Roma have not been in great form they did have a decisive victory against inter this past week which is a definite morale booster. This is an important match up because in a group with bayern, roma knows they need to get all the points they can. I don't see Roma making and blunders in this match. I need some help with these picks. Ajax has luis suarez back and are playing a unpredictable ac milan. I am thinking a draw what do others think here. Also I think arsenal can win but with fabianski starting because almunia is injured I am not too sure. I need some reassurance here. Should I go for the draw or take arsenal? BTW because I am new to the forum I would lvoe to get some advice on my picks and any advice on a punters strategy would be greatly appreciated
Not bad I guess. Got my picks right but didn't end up playing the arsenal match which definitely played in my advantage :) . Was definitely worried because Bayern had to make a huge comeback to take the win but guess it all played out in the end. Still would love to get some advice from people on whether or not I am critiquing the matches in a gambling standpoint and if its a good way. I will be posting some of my Wednesday picks in the Wednesday thread if there is any interest. Good luck to all

Beat me to it mate. Can't add anything else to your reasoning apart from the stat mentioned earlier about Chelsea keeping 14 clean sheets out of their last 17 Champions League games, which is very impressive. Selection: Chelsea clean sheet @ 2.16 with Betfair - 4 units :nana
Winner :ok

Auxerre v Real Madrid - under 2.5 goals @ 1.87 Bet365 Agree with Qvister here, this looks a very good bet. I looked at the odds on this expecting it to be around 4/7 considering Mourinho's teams are always very defensive minded and solid and have already drawn 0-0 twice in La Liga. This is a tricky group for Real here and having won the first game against Ajax, Mourinho's primary approach will be not to lose the game and aim to nick it by a goal. Real Madrid have only conceded 1 goal in their last 5 games. Don't know an awful lot about Auxerre, going by recent results they don't look a great side but any French team at home will be competitive and the French teams in this competition I've seen apart from Lyon have been defensive minded. Low scoring affair at a tasty price. Chelsea v Marseille - under 2.5 goals @ 2.32 Betfair Chelsea are missing a few players here with Lampard, Kalou, Benayoun all missing through injury and Drogba suspension. They have been brilliant so far this season, last weekend apart and have been firing in the goals while Marseille have struggled defensively by all accounts. But with the above firepower missing and if we take into account the fact most of Chelsea's opposition in the EPL early rounds were very weak and also the fact Marseille are a better side than any English one that has went to the Bridge this season and they will set up defensively, then I can see Chelsea struggling to break them down. I do expect Chelsea to be too good in the end and should wear down Marseille but at 1/3 they look a bit short with injuries. Chelsea have kept 14 clean sheets in their last 17 Champions League group matches at Stamford Bridge, so even with quality players like Gignac Marseille will be doing well to score. Nicolas Anelka seems to relish the role of main striker when Drogba doesn't play and has a good recent scoring record in the CL. This could turn out to be wrong but my hunch is Chelsea 1-0 or 2-0 eventually. Unders looks a decent price. Not a fan of scorecasts but expecting a narrow Chelsea win and taking into account Anelka's good scoring record with Drogba out and the in-form Malouda, these may be worth a pound for fun. Anelka first scorer and 1-0 Chelsea @ 25/1 Anelka first scorer and 2-0 Chelsea @ 25/1 Malouda first scorer and 1-0 Chelsea @ 33/1 Malouda first scorer and 2-0 Chelsea @ 33/1 Bayern Munich at odds against away to Basel is also tempting me. Saw bits of their game against Roma on gameweek 1 and they looked impressive, Thomas Muller in particular scoring a peach. They have started poorly in the Bundesliga but its still a match you'd expect them to win and they have a good spine of players who did so well for Germany at the WC. Basel lost 2-1 at Cluj in the first game but the only thing putting me off is I think they have a decent home record in the CL ( trying to find out stats to back this up if anyone can help) so could maybe pull something off but odds look attractive enough on Bayern here even without Robben & Ribery.
Unders in both, nice profit tonight :ok

Well done Mustafa for getting in the right results at Chelsea & Real Madrid game' date=' I wanted to do that bet too but unfortunately my bankroll is a little low. but GZ !:clap[/quote'] Unfortunately I was thinking about it but didn't place those bets :wall

Chelsea vs Marseille UNDER 2.5 goals @ 5/4 (S James:3pts) Think Chelsea will have a tough one tonight. Crucial injuries to Lampard, Drogba will stunt some of their attacking play,and Marseille are no mugs...I think they'll set up to play a compact game and frustrate Chelsea. Bookies expecting overs and no surprise really with the start they've had this season. But I think the value is on the unders and will take it. GL!
WIN Worried after Chelsea scored twice early on, but Marseille got the job done.

I didn't and will blame myself for a long time :@
i must thank you for my win this morning the only reason i put it on was because you put that post up. if it wasnt for that profit would of been much lower today i feel like i owe you a :beer

i must thank you for my win this morning the only reason i put it on was because you put that post up. if it wasnt for that profit would of been much lower today i feel like i owe you a :beer
If I placed that bet I would have covered my lossed for this month. It is second time for the past week that I guess correct score markets but for some reason don't place them. On Saturday I was thinking Bolton 2-2 Man. United but didn't place it. Conclusion: If you have a strong feeling about a bet go for it.

Partizan- Arsenal =over (2.00) bet365 stake 3 / 10 Partizan lost the first group match against Shakhtar's 1-0 while Arsenal won the first match 6-0 against Braga. Preview: Partizan: absent: Moreira; in doubt: Miljkovic. Arsenal: injured: Fabregas, Van Persie, Walcott, Ramsey, Vermaelen, Bendtner, diabetes; in doubt: Rosicky, Eboue. Partizan has many problems in the defensive department due to the presence of inexperienced players and some defections while Arsenal because of the numerous injuries and at the goalkeeper Fabianski I think the prediction is over. :hope:hope:hope
Profit :cow:nana:clap:nana:cow

Conclusion: If you have a strong feeling about a bet go for it.
tell me more about it.. i have to be more confident about my initial thoughts... do you see how easy it was for Shaktar? :) 3.20 wasted :( oh well will have to find another one good job all winners tonight - as usual i made the wrong decisions :spank

Is it only me who thinks that Shaktar is huge @3.20 away to Braga? Yes, they didnt convince in the first round and only managed to get a 1-0 win at home vs Partizan but they are a solid club with ambitions and if they want to get out of this group, which i think is not one of the hardest ones, they should not lose much points to braga. These ofcourse are first thought without any research. I think They could get at least a draw so +0.5 AH @1.65 with bet365 looks decent for me. What do you guys think?
Took Shaktar as livebet 3.60 yesterday after first half before Luiz Adriano scored. I read this and decided to take Shaktar straight. Thanks mate :cheers My bet was a double with Real Madrid -0.75 2.10 and Shaktar 3.60 Braga is far to unexperienced on this level!