UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September

Jase82

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September

I know that stats on William Hill website are there to confuse people but the fact that Real Madrid have only won two of their last nine Champions league games against French sides can not be ignored.
I dont really understand these types of comments, those are the sorts of records that are there to be broken. Different teams, different coaches, different structures. You could counter that by saying Jose Mourinho has lost only one out of nine previous encounters against French clubs. Dont think it really makes much difference to tonights game to be honest.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September Hi boys, as far as I am concerned, "Marseille will not score" at BWIN for 1.95 looks very nice. Chelsea are very solid at home in the Premier League and they did not concede a goal this season: Chelsea - West Brom 6-0 Chelsea - Stoke 2-0 Chelsea - BlackPool 4-0 I think, that without Lampard and Drogba Chelsea will start in 4-3-3 formation and from my point of view, their line-up will be something like this : Cech - Ivanovic, Alex, Terry, Cole - Ramires, Mikel, Essien - Malouda, Anelka, Sturridge. Chelsea have a very solid defense and three players in the midfield who always work hard on the pitch. What is more, Marseille will probably start with one striker only. So, I can not see them scoring a lot of goals. Ancelotti do not have so many players at his disposal at the moment and I think they will try to score a quick goal, because they will have a very important game this weekend against Arsenal and some players need to be rested. If everything will be as planed, Ancelotti will use Zhirkov, Kakuta and McEachran as late substitutes for Malouda, Anelka and Essien, I guess.. Good luck with your odds ;)

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September Hi all! maximize.gif Chelsea v Olympique Marseille (19:45 BST) I don't think Chelsea'll win here with a huge score. We lost our last 2 games to Man City in League and to Newcastle in League Cup, in last match Chelsea surprisingly didn't score even 1 goal. Key players as Lampard and Drogba won't play nonight; Kalou and Benayon both injured and won't play too, so bench won't be as great as usual. Marseille in French league 1 is pretty good team, scoring in EVERY match for a long, long time. But in cups (including Champions League) they lose their face. Last CL match they lost to Spartak Moscow at home, 0-1. It was really sensational result. There are last 30 Marseiille's matches:

Sun 07/03/10 LI1 Olympique Mars… 1 - 1 Lorient View events More info
Thu 11/03/10 UEL Benfica 1 - 1 Olympique Mars… View events More info
Sun 14/03/10 LI1 Toulouse 1 - 1 Olympique Mars… View events More info
Thu 18/03/10 UEL Olympique Mars… 1 - 2 Benfica View events More info
Sun 21/03/10 LI1 Olympique Mars… 2 - 1 Olympique Lyon View events More info
Sat 27/03/10 CDL Olympique Mars… 3 - 1 Bordeaux View events More info
Sun 04/04/10 LI1 Olympique Mars… 1 - 0 Lens View events More info
Wed 07/04/10 LI1 Olympique Mars… 3 - 0 Sochaux View events More info
Sun 11/04/10 LI1 Olympique Mars… 4 - 1 Nice View events More info
Wed 14/04/10 LI1 Sochaux 0 - 1 Olympique Mars… View events More info
Sat 17/04/10 LI1 Boulogne 1 - 2 Olympique Mars… View events More info
Sun 25/04/10 LI1 Olympique Mars… 1 - 0 Saint-Étienne View events More info
Fri 30/04/10 LI1 Auxerre 0 - 0 Olympique Mars… More info
Wed 05/05/10 LI1 Olympique Mars… 3 - 1 Stade Rennes View events More info
Sat 08/05/10 LI1 Lille 3 - 2 Olympique Mars… View events More info
Sat 15/05/10 LI1 Olympique Mars… 2 - 0 Grenoble View events More info
Wed 28/07/10 SUC Olympique Mars… P 0 - 0 P PSG More info
Sat 07/08/10 LI1 Olympique Mars… 1 - 2 Caen View events More info
Sat 14/08/10 LI1 Valenciennes 3 - 2 Olympique Mars… View events More info
Sat 21/08/10 LI1 Olympique Mars… 2 - 0 Lorient View events More info
Sun 29/08/10 LI1 Bordeaux 1 - 1 Olympique Mars… View events More info
Sun 12/09/10 LI1 Olympique Mars… 2 - 2 Monaco View events More info
Wed 15/09/10 UCL Olympique Mars… 0 - 1 Spartak Moskva View events More info
Sat 18/09/10 LI1 Arles 0 - 3 Olympique Mars… View events More info
Sat 25/09/10 LI1 Olympique Mars… 2 - 1 Sochaux
As we can see, their scoring ability is really great. I think they can score tonight. My picks are: both teams to score@2.02, Betfair /7 pts Nicolas Anelka to score&Chelsea win 3-1@41, William Hill /0.5 pts next (first) goal: Marseille@4.4, Betfair /3.5 pts

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September Chelsea v Marseille Dont know if its just me but a couple of factors surrounding this match are putting me off backing the home win with any strength. 1. The omissions of Lampard, Benayoun, Kalou and Drogba will mean Chelsea are without alot of creative and goal scoring talent. This puts alot of Pressure on Essien and Mikel to create for Malouda and Anelka to grab the goals. If they dont deliver we are looking at plan B in the form of the in-experienced Sturridge and kakuta from the bench! 2. Chelsea's form was red hot in their first 5 games (but versus opposition that i regard as weaker than Marseille + with Drogba/Benayoun) and is on the slide a little at the moment whilst Marseille's form is on the up. 3. Bearing in mind points 1 and 2 Chelseas odds of 1/3 are a little skinny for me to take. I dont want to put people off taking Chelsea tonight! I just think it is important to look at both possitive and negative sides of a teams fixture when making a pick. As it happens I can see Chelsea getting the win but may be a little bit of a struggle.

1. The omissions of Lampard, Benayoun, Kalou and Drogba will mean Chelsea are without alot of creative and goal scoring talent. This puts alot of Pressure on Essien and Mikel to create for Malouda and Anelka to grab the goals. If they dont deliver we are looking at plan B in the form of the in-experienced Sturridge and kakuta from the bench!
I thought Drogba was back in?

Hi boys, as far as I am concerned, "Marseille will not score" at BWIN for 1.95 looks very nice. Chelsea are very solid at home in the Premier League and they did not concede a goal this season: Chelsea - West Brom 6-0 Chelsea - Stoke 2-0 Chelsea - BlackPool 4-0 I think, that without Lampard and Drogba Chelsea will start in 4-3-3 formation and from my point of view, their line-up will be something like this : Cech - Ivanovic, Alex, Terry, Cole - Ramires, Mikel, Essien - Malouda, Anelka, Sturridge. Chelsea have a very solid defense and three players in the midfield who always work hard on the pitch. What is more, Marseille will probably start with one striker only. So, I can not see them scoring a lot of goals. Ancelotti do not have so many players at his disposal at the moment and I think they will try to score a quick goal, because they will have a very important game this weekend against Arsenal and some players need to be rested. If everything will be as planed, Ancelotti will use Zhirkov, Kakuta and McEachran as late substitutes for Malouda, Anelka and Essien, I guess.. Good luck with your odds ;)
Beat me to it mate. Can't add anything else to your reasoning apart from the stat mentioned earlier about Chelsea keeping 14 clean sheets out of their last 17 Champions League games, which is very impressive. Selection: Chelsea clean sheet @ 2.16 with Betfair - 4 units

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September Roma -1.5 @ 2.19 pinnacle Roma should have some confidence coming into this game after beating Inter Milan on the weekend. They face CFR Cluj who shocked them two years ago with a win over them but doubt they will be underestimatd here. This time around, Cluj is not playing that well as they were two years ago and it seems they will have some players missing which weakens their position. While they will look to defend, believe that the likes of Totti will show their class and lead them to a comfortable win Chelsea -1.5 @ 2.23 pinnacle Chelsea may have Lampard and Drogba out for thisd game but they still have plenty of quality in this side to beat Marseille. The defence is strong as always and give little away, and they are well protected by Essien and Mikel, while up front, Malouda and Anelka have been scoring goals. They are a very good home side where they score goals and rarely conceded. Marseille were undone by Spartak Moscow at home and though they have some decent players like Heinze in defence, and Cheyrou and Cisse in midfield, they lack the class that Chelsea have, and like the Blues to bounce back from their loss to Man City here Bayern Munich @ 2.10 pinnacle Bayern surprisngly lost to Manz on the weekend but they had a solid start to the CL when they beat Roma 2-0 in the opening round. Though they are without Robben and Ribery for this game, they do have the players like Muller, Klose and Olic who can score while van Bommel and Schweinsteiger anchor the midfield. Basel are a decent side but they are not of the same talent as Bayern and it is just a matter of Bayern captialising on their possession and chances, for them to win this game Real Madrid -1.5 @ 2.73 pinnacle Real were held to a draw by Levante so expect a much better showing here where they predicted to do well under Mourinho. Defensivley they are very solid and do not concede much b tut up front they are not putting their chances away. They were at their efficient best in beating Ajax 2-0 at home, Real will fancy their chances of scoring on Auxerre who have not won in 7 league games and their defence has allowed 10 goals with no cleans sheets in these games. Too much quality up front not for them to continually miss these chances so like them to score goals here AC Milan @ 3.16 pinnacle Ajax were defeated 2-0 by Real Madrid in the first gme of the CL and things do not get much easier as a talented Milan squad come to Amsterdam, who beat Auxerre 2-0 at home. Ibrahimovic will be looking to score against his old club while Ronaldinho has been showing some of his old mastery where he was once seen as one of the best players in the world. Stiill with players of the lieks of Pirlo, Gattuso and Seedorf there, they have the players to take advantage of a Ajax side that is not as good as ones of previous years.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September will follow blackcrow on ac milan...i think they are way overpriced ac milan have a awesome chance to get far in the CL to be honest they proved a point by signing ibra and robinho last season they were pensioners now they are pensioners with superstars :hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September Roma-CFR Cluj Think home side is a sure favourite. If they want to proceed from this group stage to next Champions League round, they must win home game against group outsider. CFR is on 15th place in Romanian national championship, they are one of the relegation candidats. I just can't see any chances away side has here Roma ( -1.0&-1.5)@1.9, Betfair

Roma-CFR Cluj Think home side is a sure favourite. If they want to proceed from this group stage to next Champions League round, they must win home game against group outsider. CFR is on 15th place in Romanian national championship, they are one of the relegation candidats. I just can't see any chances away side has here Roma ( -1.0&-1.5)@1.9, Betfair
No way CFR Cluj is relegation material in the league. How can you say that? They are in a bad period but will not have any problems with relegation.

Ajax - Milan This game is very unpredictable and in my opinion can go either way, so I have decided to focus on corners here. Ajax is not so good in getting corners. Corner stats from their last 3 Champions League games: D.Kiev 4-5 Ajax Ajax 1-4 D.Kiev Real Madrid 11-3 Ajax Milan last game against Auxerre won on corners 8-3. In Serie A Milan lost on corners only this weekend at home to Genoa 1-5. In their previous games they won corners by a good margin. Milan 6-3 Lecce (+3) Cesena 9-12 Milan (+4) Milan 8-2 Catania (+6) Lazio 5-9 Milan (+4) Milan -1 Corner @ 2.87 (4 units) William Hill
Hi fella can you tell me where you get your corner stats thanks.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September Since Drogba is missing for Chelsea Anelka will be their main force in attack and he has been scoring recently so I expect him to score against Marseille as well. As was mentioned here already Mourinho will play Benzema instead of Higuian and I Real was solid in defense recently and after drawing 0-0 against Levante I expect them to have another good performance here. So I will take a wincast double just for fun. Anelka/Chelsea & Benzema/Real Madrid @ 5.67 (2 units) William Hill

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September Going for one tonight. - Real Madrid -1AH (vs Auxerre) @ 2.00 with Pinnacle (4/10) Even though Auxerre have home advantage and the l'Abbe Deschamps will be rocking tonight, I just can't see past Real Madrid here. Auxerre are having a poor season domestically and threw away a two-goal lead at the weekend at home to Nancy. Jelen returns to the side so he'll be a goal threat but it's at the back I fear for them. Mignot is out so they have a weakness at left-back - neither Dudka or Berthod are fully fit - and Coulibaly, Grichting and Hengbart are physical, but slow. It might take them a bit of time but I expect Di Maria, Ronaldo and Ozil to prise AJA apart, and with Benzema expected to start up top, I suspect he'll want to prove a point back in France. Real have got too much quality in the final third for Auxerre, and I'd expect them to punish them at some point. :hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September Evening gents, One bet for me in the early kick off tonight.... Spartak Moscow V MSK Zilina - UNDER 2.5 Goals @ 2.10(Bet365) Little bit surprised at these odds to be honest, I feel the bookies have made the Overs favourite here as they expect Spartak to run amok on the rookies of the group. However, I don't see this as being as straight forward as that. Spartak are missing a few players, Bazhenov, Kombarov and Drincic have all been ruled out, slightly weakening the homes side. After picking up an impressive three points away to Marseille on matchday 1, the Russians will be looking to take 6 points from 6 before their double header against Chelsea. Whilst I believe they can and probably will win this game, I can see it being by a low scoring margin, possibly 1-0 or 2-0. I just feel the odds of unders are more value then taking the home win at 1.4 here so that's what I am going to go with. 3 out of 5 star bet for me :ok Goodluck everyone :hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September Partizan- Arsenal =over (2.00) bet365 stake 3 / 10 Partizan lost the first group match against Shakhtar's 1-0 while Arsenal won the first match 6-0 against Braga. Preview: Partizan: absent: Moreira; in doubt: Miljkovic. Arsenal: injured: Fabregas, Van Persie, Walcott, Ramsey, Vermaelen, Bendtner, diabetes; in doubt: Rosicky, Eboue. Partizan has many problems in the defensive department due to the presence of inexperienced players and some defections while Arsenal because of the numerous injuries and at the goalkeeper Fabianski I think the prediction is over. :hope:hope:hope

No way CFR Cluj is relegation material in the league. How can you say that? They are in a bad period but will not have any problems with relegation.
I mean at te moment CFR is in relegation zone, on 15th place

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September FC Basle – Bayern Munich I think the odds on the away win here are extremely tempting. Basle come into this game off a fantastic win at the weekend away in Vienna and their form in the league so far has been middling, dropping points at some of their biggest rivals. They’ve only won two of their last six games in the league. Bayern have also started the season slowly yet again and haven’t really gotten going yet. A good win away against Hoffenheim was undone at the weekend by losing to Mainz at home which came at a relatively big shock. They’ll be very eager to rectify their relatively poor form and I trust them to do so here tonight. Basle haven’t been all that impressive in qualification for the group stages and could only manage a 1-0 win at home against Sheriff in the third round, albeit finishing the tie 4-1 over two legs. However when one has a look at their last Champions League campaign it makes for pretty grim reading, losing five out of the six games they played including all three at home. If Basle had much hope of advancing in this year’s competition they surely would have looked to their matches against Cluj to pick up points and unfortunately they lost their first game against them 2-1 two weeks ago. On the other hand there is no real need to go into too much depth over Bayern’s form in this competition considering their success, but ultimate failure, last season. They have begun this season’s competition with an added incentive and this could be seen in their 2-0 win over Roma in their first game. Last season they started the group stages poorly but finished it with an incredible dismantling of Juventus in Turin, beating them 4-1. They also beat Maccabi Haifa, a team relatively close to Basle’s standings, 3-0 while in that poor run. Jacques Zoua is the noticeable absentee for the home side who have a relatively fit squad to choose from. The two R’s are massive losses for the visitors as we’re well aware. Robben and Ribery would be missed by any team in the world but the replacement are they to ease those absences and Bayern should still have enough going forward to seriously trouble the Swiss. Olic, Klose, Muller, Altintop and company are capable of scoring at any time. All in all, Bayern should have too much for Basle tonight in my eyes and I think the bookies are over-reacting to the standard poor start to the season from Bayern. Tonight they also have an added incentive with Louis van Gaal having signed a new contract on Monday. Bayern win at 19/20 (pp)

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September Ajax - Milan despite having world-class talent in attack, Milan's defence is very bad and were lucky not to concede against Genoa and i strongly belive that Ajax could score at least a goal at home. With both teams having a lot of attacking options i belive itll be a hig-scoring game. over 2.5 - 1.83 @ VC Chelsea - Marseille chelsea are without lampard, drogba, benayoun and kalou and as wee saw in the match against man city the only chences they created were from from set-pieces, they dont have any good attacking players on the squad beside anelka and malouda and as do marseilla who sold their top scorer niang. under 2.5 - 2 @ VC

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September Braga - Shakhtar OVER 2.5 2.10@balticbet! it looks like it should be and under game here, but i think that will go over tonight, because both teams will play more offensively than defensive. draw gives nothing for both sides, so we can expect some interesting attacking game here. 1.65 on under and 2.10 on over, bookies showing that it must be an under game, but i will take an over here :hope Spartak - Zilina | Time of the first goal (28:00 min or later/No goal) 1.8@triobet! There is some betting combination in my mind. for some reason this one should go and under game here for me, but i will take a 28+min of the first goal, i think that both teams will be very carefull at the begining, and if somebody scores a goal i will be placing a bet on under on live betting with bigger odd, but the main pick is here the time of the first goal 28+min or no goal!

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September Chelsea vs Marseille UNDER 2.5 goals @ 5/4 (S James:3pts) Think Chelsea will have a tough one tonight. Crucial injuries to Lampard, Drogba will stunt some of their attacking play,and Marseille are no mugs...I think they'll set up to play a compact game and frustrate Chelsea. Bookies expecting overs and no surprise really with the start they've had this season. But I think the value is on the unders and will take it. GL!

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September Real Madrid and Chelsea double at 2.13 (Bet 365). Auxerre are incredibly poor this season and I don't see how Real won't be able to beat them, especially with former Lyon man Benzema leading the front. Chelsea is at home where they are always strong. They will want to win this game ahead of the Arsenal fixture this weekend and also because this is the strongest side in their group (which they will want to top). That said I don't expect a rout in that last game and a clean sheet is not a certainty.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September i suggest a wee OVER 1.5 goals acca which pays around 2.80 . AUXERRE v REAL MADRID PARTIZAN v ARSENAL TEL AVIV v LYON RUBIN v BARCELONA Reasoning being those home teams all came from pot 4 in the draw and are taking on teams from Pot 1 . It's the nature of the game that the home sides usually tend to try and attack more in these games which , in theory , should allow the better sides to hit them on the break. I do like a good theory :gimme