UEFA Champions League > 14th September

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Let's go for some CL games today with my local bookie (FDJ) Twente - Inter Draw Half-time @ 2.05 Twente conced 1 goal (Away) in their 5 first Eredivisie games so I think they're a solid side and have some good result at home in european cup. In otherside, Inter like italian teams has a lack of motivation in first games of european competition especialy away. They play this kind of game with reaction, I mean they engage the turbo to score a goal after the home side score a goal (if they can score) like the 1-1 last year at Rubin Kazan. I think the 2 teams doesn't go to dominate the other side, they are based on a good defence so I think the first half will finish with a 0-0 or 1-1 score if Twente score first.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September

Sport Football (Champions League)
Event Twente - Inter
Selection Inter -0.25 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 14/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price SBOBet @ 1.80
Reasoning Dutch Champions have been quiet good on defense so far and Inter have had trouble scoring and their defense is also solid as usual. The obvious choice would be Under here but you never know how Twente will react. This is a big game for them and Benitez is a good "Cup" coach. I like the bet on Inter more. Because of bad performances so far the odds are higher then expected and looks like somewhat of a trap. On the other hand the quality is very much on Inter side and the CL will be a good platform to gain form imo. Doubt Twente can sit back and defend and will sooner or later give chances to Etoo and Milito on counter. I take the Draw cover for the sake of it. But a -1 wouldnt suprise me either. Good news is that Maicon will prob start and thats a big boost. Also expect Snejider to perform well in Holland and have already been showing promising form.

Long time since I last posted, but think I may have found a little value to be had in the Barca game.. Goal to be scored before the 36th minute @ 1.83 In their games so far this season the first goal has been scored in: 21st minute vs Sevilla 13th minute vs Sevilla 2nd minute vs Santander 26th minute vs Hercules Having watched the Barca game I personally feel that Barca simply ran out of ideas and just look tired.. I know it's no excuse but the players had just got back after a thumping from Argentina. They are simply better than Panathinaikos and they owe their fans a decent performance, so I expect them to come out all guns blazing and play their normal good attacking football and score before the 26th minute. GL to all ;)
Good stats mate. :ok They also covered in 4 of 6 CL home games last season. Just been mooching about the books to see whats on offer. Boyles have a cracking offer. Anyone having an in-play bet that loses during Man Utd v Rangers, gets an equivalent free bet for Wednesday.

Event Man U - Rangers
Selection Man United -1.75 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 14/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 1.80
Reasoning Manchester Uniteds attack are starting to heat up. Scoring three away against Everton that have been pretty tight defensively and on top of that creating enough to score 3 more. All that without their best attacker Ronney. Today at home where they are the strongest Rooney will start and Sir Alex said he expects a big performance from him. Rangers cant compete with United and the home team and Wayne Ronney have apoint to prove here so it will be a long night for Fergusons compatriots at Old Trafford.

Event Bursaspor - Valencia
Selection Draw
Strength 3/10
Date 14/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betsafe @ 3.30
Reasoning Valencia being touted as favourite here is jot not right imo. Bursa a young talented team playing @ home in Turkey where its never easy for guests. Valencia will miss banega and Vicente. Now the latter isnt the bigest missing but Banega is the heart of this team. Making crucial tackles defensively and splitting the opponents defense with his quality passes. Valencias counter play will be hurt by his absence as Im not sure if anyother can take that role. Fernandes is not really there yet in form and lack the same quality. Bursa have won there home games this term by 1 goal only, they dont score many but dont concede neither. So they wont attack recklessly and give Valencia the counter space they need. But I can see Valencia getting nervy here in front of fanatic crowd and with some players that might not have the mentality to be cool here. Like Navarro, Maduro other new unproven players at this level and they are usually prone to red cards. Ceasar in goal are not to be trusted 100% either as he likes to mix it up and childish misstakes are not uncommon from him. Conclusion they are to unstable to be concidered favourites as this is a even matchup. Concidering the home advantage and Banegas missing. Together with Valencias (club) experience at this level I think the draw is the most likely outcome and have a shot at that. Any team can edge it out but the draw is a result both teams will more or less be happy with

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Inter Milan @ 2.09 pinnacle While Inter have not set the Serie A on fire this season, they will target the Champions League as their goal for the season. Their manager Benitez is a seasoned campaigner in this competition who put this before their domestic title aspirations when in charge of Liverpool and will look to accomplish what his fierce rival Mourinho achieved last year. Expect Inter to show their superiority in talent to start this tournment with a win. Their backline of Zanetti, Samuel. Lucio and Chivu is very solid and does not allow much, so doubt that Twente will get many opportunities to score. Get the feeling that Twente will be awe struck by playing at this stage of the competition, and against the holders. They look out of their depth here and would not be surprised they play it tight to get a point at least out of this. This will allow Inter to dominate the game and with players like Sneijder in midfield and Etoo and Milito up front, these are players that can create and/or score chances that come their way. Benitez is known to focus on this competition more than the domestic one, so like the look of Inter winning here Werder Bremen - Tottenham under 2.5 @ 2.16 pinnacle With Inter the favourites in this group to progress, these two teams will want to ensure that neither of these two get a decisive advantage by winning this game, so expect this to be a tight game. While Bremen usually like to play an open game with goals scored in it, they showed on the weekend that they can tighten it up, epecially against teams they play believe like Bayern Munich, they will need to, otherwise they will get shedded given their injuries to their team. Expect them to have a similar attitude against Spurs who have players like Lennon and Bale down the flanks that can hurt them with their speed. Fortunate for them is that Defoe is out, as he too has the speed to trouble them. Spurs also lose some creativity with Modric unlikely to be risked for this game, and especially as Redknapp has stated that he will not play this game like he did against Young Boys where they were opened up. He will get Spurs to start with a 4-5-1 with Crouch up top to play it much tighter and look to gain a point at the least. King comes back into the defence and this gives them a much more solid look at the back, while another more defensive minded central midfield to take over from Modric, like Palacios, also reinforces a more conservative outlook. Lyon - Schalke over 2.5 @ pinnnacle Lyon have some pedigree in this competition and tend to play well. Even though they have not started well in their domestic competition, CL games seem to bring the best out of them. They come into this game without a couple of defenders with Cris and Cissokho out which leaves them thin at the back. Schalke have lost all 3 games so far in the Bundesliga, allowing 2 goals in each of them, and to make matters worse, they are without their main defender Metzelder in this game. This should give the likes of Gourcuff and Lisandro to create opportunities to score against them. While Schalke themselves have quite a bit of experience up front with Raul and Huntelaar who also should have a much easier time up front given that Lyon have also lost a couple of experienced defenders. Can see some goals scored in this game Man Utd -2.5 @ 2.66 pinnacle Expect a fired up Man Utd side to make a statement here after allowing 2 goals in the draw to Everton on the weekend. The return of Rooney with the improved performance of Berbatov gives them a more potent line up. Scholes is in good form, while the defence with Ferdinand with likely to play, should be much more solid, as he renews his partnership with Vidic in the middle there. Rangers struggled in the CL last time they were in it and they did not win any of their games and as a result finishing last in their group. They look out of their dpeth here against one of the tournament favourites, and with the home crowd willing their own side on, given that animosity that their is between the two sets of fans, expect a few goals scored by them to rub it into them

What I know about Benfica is that they play like a s...t right know - lost 3 out of 4 games, so their start is extremely poor. Looking at their squad they have great potential and should crush Hapoel easily. But it's only on paper. I think Hapoel to score seems to be a good bet (it's around 1,80), but I don't know nothing about heir attacking power as well as their style - I only know Sahar, Zahavi and Nigerian goalie. Will they park the bus and play for a draw or try to attack and bring 3 points from Lisbon? Benfica will definitely attack but they make many errors in defence and could likely concede something.
Striker Etay Shechter (returns from a slight injury) is the best of them all. Avihai Yadin is a wonderful holding midfielder, and CB Douglas was the 09/10 league MVP. Hapoel won't park the bus because it can't: LB Dedi Ben Dayan is actualy a striker, and RB Dani Bonder is a dud. But if Benfica plays a technical passing game it'll be easier for Hapoel to stop them in midfield. The +1.25 AH are now 2.00 188Bet and SBObet

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Lyon vs Schalke 04 - Over 2.25 goals at 1.89 with Canbet (4/10) This is a match that pits two teams who are out of form in their own leagues and will eye this match up as a winnable encounter in what is a fairly weak group by Champions Leauge standards. Lyon are a pretty strong side at home in the Champions League and I don't expect them to lose here, but there's an argument to be made for a match that could offer goals. I don't know a great deal about Schalke and thus have got some information from our resident German expert 1907Zico. I'm sure many are aware that Schalke have a pretty ominous trio of attackers in Jefferson Farfan, Raul and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar. Now, even though these three haven't played much together, individually they have the ability to create something out of nothing and I feel they'll be a threat here. Lyon, moreover, are suspect at the back. Cris is still injured so the defence hasn't really got a leader. Pape Diakhite, signed from Dynamo Kiev, is decent but doesn't have much experience playing beside young Croat Dejan Lovren, and in addition, he's likely to be partnered on the left hand side of defence by 18-year-old Timothee Kolodziejczak, who didn't look good against Valenciennes at the weekend and could be susceptible to Farfan, who I assume will be on the right flank. The Germans are more than capable of scoring, especially on the break. In addition, it's worth noting that Schalke's defence itself has been less than watertight. They have shown frailties in the three games they've lost domestically and are without Christoph Metzelder, who has experience at this level. With slow full-backs such as Hans Sarpei, Michel Bastos and Jimmy Briand could well have opportunities on the flanks, and then there's the combination of Yohann Gourcuff and Lisandro Lopez up top. The four haven't quite clicked yet in Ligue 1 (five points from five days) but this will be the first time all five have played together. They could ignite or they might simmer, it's hard to say, but I do expect them to get chances and they may well punish Schalke in the final third. With all that in mind, a 2-1/2-2/3-1 scoreline isn't beyond the realms of possibility here. I also think the price of 1.89 is pretty decent considering you get a bit of cover if there's only two goals. Happy to play this one. :hope

BARCELONA V.S. PANATHINAIKOS

2017.gif1039.gif

Well well well. What do we have here? A Barcelona who just lost to newly promoted hercules versus Panathinaikos, who is on form for the Greece Super League.

What information do we have for this match? Firstly, Barcelona thrashed them 5-0 and 3-1 for the past two meetings. Panathinaikos has yet to win a single game in Camp Nou. If that is not worrying for you, other than the match last week against Hercules, they have NOT lost a single game at home, since 06/01/10 against Sevilla(Who were actually on fire at that point of time, sigh).But one word of caution, that match was for Copa Del Rey. The next home game was amazingly, Sevilla again and this time, they thrashed them 4-0 at home. So what can we tell from all these statistics? Barcelona is GOING to whoop Panathinaikos tonight for sure :lol

If you were to look even DEEPER at the trends, whenever Barcelona loses a match(regardless of home and away), the next team will take the blunt of the enraged Barca.

Barcelona 6 - 1 Real Zaragoza - 26/10/09, after they lost to Rubin Tenerife 0 - 5 Barcelona - 11/01/10 , after they lost to Sevilla Barcelona 4 - 0 Racing - 21/02/10, after they lost to Atletico Madrid Barcelona 3 - 1 Deportivo - 25/04/10, after they lost to Inter Milan Barcelona 4 - 0 Sevilla - 22/08/10, after they lost to Sevilla in Super Copa

So what do you get when you see an angry Barcelona tonight? Simply blood.

BARCELONA -2.25 @ 1.97 188BET OVER 3.5 @ 2.10 188BET

Currently doing my college homework now(sigh).I will post more games later on when im free

:cheers

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Rafa Benitez and his tactics will take more time to convince me as against Udinese the players were still unfocused , Milito is a shadow of his former shelf and even Etoo almost missed a penalty, hell he missed it , but his quick legs saved him this time..The squad is just not clicking at all and I will personally stay the f away from predicting todays game althought offers over 2+ dont appear every day when you have current UCL winner against a debutant..

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September My first bet of the season. Man Utd to score the first goal after 21 mins, 2.3 @ Paddy Power I fancy a comfortable Man Utd win tonight, but I expect Rangers to set out their stall to be tough to beat. The season is young, but Man Utd have so far scored only one goal before the 33rd minute in any game, so a defensive Rangers could well see out 21 minutes tonight. Of course, if Rangers go and score first that throws a spanner in the works - but I doubt they will score at all, let alone before Man Utd. Compared to the odds of many similar bets n this kind of market, this one jumped out at me.

BARCELONA V.S. PANATHINAIKOS

2017.gif1039.gif

Well well well. What do we have here? A Barcelona who just lost to newly promoted hercules versus Panathinaikos, who is on form for the Greece Super League.

What information do we have for this match? Firstly, Barcelona thrashed them 5-0 and 3-1 for the past two meetings. Panathinaikos has yet to win a single game in Camp Nou. If that is not worrying for you, other than the match last week against Hercules, they have NOT lost a single game at home, since 06/01/10 against Sevilla(Who were actually on fire at that point of time, sigh).But one word of caution, that match was for Copa Del Rey. The next home game was amazingly, Sevilla again and this time, they thrashed them 4-0 at home. So what can we tell from all these statistics? Barcelona is GOING to whoop Panathinaikos tonight for sure :lol

If you were to look even DEEPER at the trends, whenever Barcelona loses a match(regardless of home and away), the next team will take the blunt of the enraged Barca.

Barcelona 6 - 1 Real Zaragoza - 26/10/09, after they lost to Rubin Tenerife 0 - 5 Barcelona - 11/01/10 , after they lost to Sevilla Barcelona 4 - 0 Racing - 21/02/10, after they lost to Atletico Madrid Barcelona 3 - 1 Deportivo - 25/04/10, after they lost to Inter Milan Barcelona 4 - 0 Sevilla - 22/08/10, after they lost to Sevilla in Super Copa

So what do you get when you see an angry Barcelona tonight? Simply blood.

BARCELONA -2.25 @ 1.97 188BET OVER 3.5 @ 2.10 188BET

Currently doing my college homework now(sigh).I will post more games later on when im free

:cheers

Good reasoning, will follow the overs one. Over 3.5 @ 2.10 William Hill

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Twente Enschede vs Inter Inter (-0.25) (Asian-handicap) @ 1.73 Price of 1.98(SBO) available at time of posting:loon. This odds has been drifting out today. Inter are a far superior team to Twente in all areas of the field. Defensively solid, offensively lacking a bit of creativity but they have enough and can win this one. Combine with Rafa Benitez's record in CL competitions, I think Inter shouldnt be this high in odds. Price of 1.96 for (-0.25) is value imo. I see many ways for Inter to win this one, Cambiasso/Sneijder's long shots, through balls behind defenders, set pieces where they are superior to Twente in the air. Id give them a better chance than odds suggest to beat handicap here. :hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September I like much that has been written about the Bursaspor Valencia game, so I will take the AH - 0 Bursaspor @ evens with them on Betfair. Spurs and Bremen I believe to be two fairly matched teams who like to play open expansive football. Despite Redknapp claiming he will NOT play 4-4-2, to counter Bremen's diamond formation in the middle; they have enough to trouble Bremen who are missing their 1st choice defender Metersacker; Bale is in good form down the left, Modric might even be fit to play and Crouch, Keane and Pav all have european pedigree. Bremen lost their most creative threat in Ozil though still scored home and away vs Sampdoria. In their respective leagues this season, Bremen have gone over 2.5 in 2 out of 3 games. Spurs have gone over 2.5 in 1 out of 4. In CL qualifiers both teams went over in home and away legs. Over 2.5 @ 4/5 I am willing to bet on. A 1.5 AH for Hapoel @ 4/5 vs Benfica also appeals. Benfica have lost in the league 2-1 3 times out of 4 and have only won once. Hapoel have their key striker Shecter back in the team after hamstring injury. I think they will score at least 1 in what should be a fairly open game, both teams are better attacking then defending (all of Benfica league games over 2.5) so I will go over 2.5 goals @ 8/11 too. Last 7 European home games for Benfica and 20 goals have been scored. GL all :hope

Dont overrate the defensive injuries too match (Naldo,Mertesacker). Silvestre is quite experienced and Pasanen as center back does his job well too. Bremen only faces problems against fast playing side, you must let them run to create the big space for attacks. Tottenham with VdV and Crouch doesnt look like the fastest options in offense. Prödl is quite good in heading, so he and Pasanen will take care of Crouch most of the time. I had a tendency to the over as well, but in my opinion it is way to short here. :ok
Agree about missings at the back for Werder - subs did well vs Bayern, IF they could be called subs. On the other hand Spurs are fast enough on the wings with Bale and Lennon, goals could come both ends. Went for Over 3,5 as I am not happy with the odds for Over 2,5 or Goal/Goal... GL

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Bursaspor - Valencia I will agree with most that have been said about this one and about the fact that Bursaspor is underestimated here by the bookies. It's true that they are first team in Turkey in like 34 years to win the League apart from top 3 Turkish teams and recently they defeated Galatasaray 2-0 away. However, top 3 Turkish teams were not so impressive in Europe during the last few years even though they managed to sign quality players. Valencia has good European experience, but I do not see them winning this game because it is always hard to win in Turkey. Since it is a debut for Bursaspor they definitely will not want to lose so will be playing carefully in attack. I guess they will be like Rubin last year and expect them to produce some surpise results in the group stage, maybe even defeating Man. United at Old Trafford. But in this game both teams will be happy with a draw. Draw @ 3.25 Ladbrokes

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September http://www.bet365.com/news/en/betting/press-releases/rooney-138-to-get-hooked-by-fergie Can anyone find where the bet for Rooney not to play 90 mins/ Rooney to be subbed off during the match is located at? Its being offered at a cracking 13/8 odds, and given Man Utd play Liverpool this weekend and if United are cruising he is more than likely to be subbed off.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September FC Barcelona v Panathinaikos + 2.5 @ 1.75 - Canbet. Crazy price imo because everyone expects Barcelona to win 5-0. Barcelona have a history of being shocked in the group stages. I also think based on past experiences, sides like Barcelona can afford not to bitz the group stages, because they will get through fairly comfortably. Panathinakos have a fair amount of European experience in their ranks, and although I don't expect them to win, losing by one or two isn't concievable. Barca have started the La Liga season poorly, and I can definitely see them conceding here.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Manchester United - 4.5 Asian Corner Handicap @ 1.82 - BET365 V Rangers. Manchester United generally do very well on corners at Old Trafford, so I'm surprised to not see them set about -6 or something. I really think Rangers will be under the cosh for the majority of this game. Scottish sides are usually famed for their spirited performances, so I don't expect them to roll over easily.

Inter have been drifiting all day' date=' can get as high as 2.38 with Victor Chandler. Interesting.[/quote'] Yeah, I'm a bit wary too... I haven't seen a team like Twente fall from 5s to 3s in a long time in a game with a lot of eyes on it... :\ The conspiricy theorist in me is struggling.

Can't find that bet on Rooney either on Bet365. Probably have to ring 'em and see if they're still offering it.
Just rung them up, not being offered anymore.. :( What a joke, all these good bets get snapped up by some punter the second it comes out, and cos he put a boat load of cash on it the market has been removed :(

FC Barcelona v Panathinaikos + 2.5 @ 1.75 - Canbet. Crazy price imo because everyone expects Barcelona to win 5-0. Barcelona have a history of being shocked in the group stages. I also think based on past experiences, sides like Barcelona can afford not to bitz the group stages, because they will get through fairly comfortably. Panathinakos have a fair amount of European experience in their ranks, and although I don't expect them to win, losing by one or two isn't concievable. Barca have started the La Liga season poorly, and I can definitely see them conceding here.
Will follow you on this mate Trying to take 1.8 on Betfair

Inter have been drifiting all day' date=' can get as high as 2.38 with Victor Chandler. Interesting.[/quote'] Betfair go as high as 2.44 currently, have Twente just signed Ronaldo or something!? Might have a punt on them if it goes much higher, Twente are no world beaters even if Inter are unlikely to repeat what they did last season..

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Fc.Copenhagen-Rubin=under (1.60) bet365 stake 5 / 10 First match of Group D of the Champions League. FC Copenhagen are a good team with very solid defense and a good midfield. The home team has included new signings as Bolaños, Grønkjær. The Danish coach has liked the game a TTime Rubin did a great defense and counterattack. Rubin Kazan, Russian champion in 2008 and 2009, the year 2009/2010 was in the group stage of Champions League is currently second in the championship. It sold its stars as the Argentine Alejandro Dominguez (Valencia), Semak and Bujárov to Zenit St Petersburg. Rubin in recent weeks to buy some players like the Nigerian Martins (Wolfsburg), Brazil's Carlos Eduardo (Hoffenheim) and defender unionized (Genoa). Possible configurations: Copenhagen: Wiland; Pospěch, Ottesen, Antonsson, Wendt, Vingaard or Bolaños, Claudemir, Kvist, Grønkjær, Santin, N'Doye. Rubin Kazan Ryzhikov, Ansaldi, Navas, Orekhov, Kuzmin; Gorbánets, Noboa, Natkho, Kasáev, Carlos Eduardo and Kornilenko. At the end because for me it is a balanced game play under. :hope:hope:hope

Betfair go as high as 2.44 currently' date=' have Twente just signed Ronaldo or something!? Might have a punt on them if it goes much higher, Twente are no world beaters even if Inter are unlikely to repeat what they did last season..[/quote'] It's incredibly suspicious though, since Inter have a huge rep compared to Twente. And I've done a stupid mistake of putting Twente in a double and take Inter as a single. :unsure

FC Barcelona v Panathinaikos + 2.5 @ 1.75 - Canbet. Crazy price imo because everyone expects Barcelona to win 5-0. Barcelona have a history of being shocked in the group stages. I also think based on past experiences, sides like Barcelona can afford not to bitz the group stages, because they will get through fairly comfortably. Panathinakos have a fair amount of European experience in their ranks, and although I don't expect them to win, losing by one or two isn't concievable. Barca have started the La Liga season poorly, and I can definitely see them conceding here.
Jase did you see Barca's opening match???. Barca were awesome and to say they are poor is nonsense, they will bounce back tonight. Barca rested some key players at the weekend and team was out of sorts and tired from midweek travels. I expect Barca to come our firing tonight and can see them running out 3-0 winners maybe more.