** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Champions League > 14th September

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 7-7-1 -0.91 units (50.00%) FC Schalke +0.5 -109 to win 1 unit Schalke really struggling so far to open the season but OL really not doing much better. I think this game likely ends in a draw but being that I think Schalke is better offensively I could see them sneaking one in. Also at least Schalke is losing to teams like Bayern and Hoffenheim while OL is losing to teams like Caen and Lorient. FC Copenhagen pick -112 to win 1 unit Rubin Kazan has been struggling of late in domestic play on the road. Not too long ago this team had only given up 1 goal all year on the road. Then after Zenit beats them 2-0 on the road they seemed to really hit the shitter drawing against some teams I think they would have usually beaten. FC Copenhagen just looking at previous results seems to be spectacular at home.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Hi, My first post - i'm going for Lyon draw (11/5), Bayern win (4/6), Spurs draw (11/5), Buraspor draw (11/5) and Spartak win (10/3). Doing them in trebles doubles and accumalator. William hill offering 40/1 man utd win 3-1 Rooney scores first, just got to make sure Rooney is playing but if so its worth a speculative tenner. Don't see any value in the short priced ones this week so small stakes on the above and see how things progress before commiting large stakes. Good luck with what you all have

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September

Hi, My first post - i'm going for Lyon draw (11/5), Bayern win (4/6), Spurs draw (11/5), Buraspor draw (11/5) and Spartak win (10/3). Doing them in trebles doubles and accumalator. William hill offering 40/1 man utd win 3-1 Rooney scores first, just got to make sure Rooney is playing but if so its worth a speculative tenner. Don't see any value in the short priced ones this week so small stakes on the above and see how things progress before commiting large stakes. Good luck with what you all have
:welcome to PL. Can we have some reasoning wiht your selections, so people can follow you picks.

In my experience, which probably means fcuk all to most :lol The worst thing you can do on CL night is throw all the short priced favourites into an accumulator looking for "easy" money, using reasoning such as, 'team X should have too much for team Y'. I'll be looking at some of the positive handicap prices myself nearer the event.
great point there are always a minimum of 2 shocks from the percieved bankers. the best thing to do is to juggle the accumulater around, only have a maximum of 3 straight wins plus another 2 DNB and do another with the same mix. Im also looking at value asian handicaps overs and unders but cant seem to find value handicaps as barca,Arsenal and manutd all start at -2 which is too much as Im not entirely convinced they can easily pass those.

FC Copenhagen v Rubin Kazan under 2.5 @1.6 Rubin surprised everyone last season and if they would have easier group i'm sure they would go futher then group stage.they don't concede many goals and have solid defence.last 6 away matches they ended under 2.5 goals.they not so strong away so will probably try to play on counters.Copenhagen just passed rosenborg on their way to CL but Rubin willl be much harder for them.Don't think they will score alot,more then likely this game will end 0-0,1-1,or 1-0 to any side.
agred about this one, I got it locked as well as the Inter FC twente game. With the international break a lot of teams are struggling for rythm and fluencuy and I can see a lot of unders all the way to thursday in the Europa league.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Bursaspor - Valencia, Bursaspor AH 0, @ 2.25 (William Hill), stake 4/10 I was in Mestalla last Saturday watching Valencia, and they did quite a poor job, mostly after Banega was injured. He's a very important player and Valencia has no one to play in that position. They were very lucky to win that game, goalkeeper Cesar was the best player. I don't know much about Bursaspor, but they look solid, with 4 wins in 4 games in the league and last year they won against Liverpool 2:1. They are strong at home with their supporters chanting and cheering the whole game and I think it will be very difficult for Valencia to win here.

Hi, My first post - i'm going for Lyon draw (11/5), Bayern win (4/6), Spurs draw (11/5), Buraspor draw (11/5) and Spartak win (10/3). Doing them in trebles doubles and accumalator. William hill offering 40/1 man utd win 3-1 Rooney scores first, just got to make sure Rooney is playing but if so its worth a speculative tenner. Don't see any value in the short priced ones this week so small stakes on the above and see how things progress before commiting large stakes. Good luck with what you all have
Reasons for picking these - Lyon/Schalke Lyon are a good team but i think Schalke will be very strong at the back and it has 0-0 written all over it with neither team wanting to commit to much going forward. Bayern although not started great are a good european outifit and i think a dark horse for the final (i've backed them e/w to get to the final) and Roma have started poorly and also not a great team, i think Bayern will win 1-0. Buraspor - A team i know nothing about but at home i think they should be good enough to get a draw - probably the weakest link in my tips ! Spartak have been playing well, added a couple of good players and Eastern European football is getting better all the time. i don;t rate Marseille at all and i think it will be a 2-0 win for Spartak. Spartak should come through the group with Chelsea and if i could get a decent price i'd take them to top the group as i think at home they can beat Chelsea and at the Bridge i think they could park the bus and make it very hard for them to win. Ultimately the group will be decided on goals i think. I think outright real will win the CL because of Jose and a decent price double on Real to win the Spanish league and CL would be very appealling. I also think Bayern will get to the final provided they don't clash before hand. I don't see the English teams progressing much further then the Quarters. Arsenal to be last English team. They were poor last year, nobody has really added any one to there squad of note while Real have gone from strength to strength and Germany had a fantastic World cup and this should and will breathe real confidence into there club football.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Hello, long time user. not many posts. Hope to become more regular. Ok i've gone for 3 games, all into one Multi Bet Barca/Barca - Ht/FT @ 1.36 Barca rested alot of players on the weekend, yes they payed the pirce with an embarassing defeat to Hercules. However with first team coming back, i expect them to win rather comfortably. best value was HT/FT. barca will win, just a matter of how many. Hoping they can atleast get one in the first half here :ok Man Utd/Man Utd - HT/FT @ 1.45 Similar to Barca, a bad result on the weekend should be enough to get them in the mood. Rooney will probably get a run out and i expect him to have a very good game. Utd are alwasy good at home in UCL and well to be honest Scottish teams usually are not very good in UCL games away from home. Like Barca, Utd will win. Saw best vaule in this market aswell. Werder Bremen over Tottenham @ 2.15 Bremen are always strong at home. They dismantled Sampdoria in the qualifiers. Tottenham will be without Defoe and Modric. First UCL game for most of the spurs players, they will likely get off to a slow start. Just look at there performance away from home against Young Boys in the qualifiers. Bremen can score, if there defense turns up, Tottenham will have it tough. Combined 4.23 TAB Sportsbet Australia

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Werder Bremen v Tottenham - LAY Tottenham @ 3.70 Betfair I would love to see Spurs go well in Europe and I think they'll have a good run, however this a very tough game away to Bremen who are a very good German side. Spurs are without a few key players especially Defoe is a big blow. They'd be more than happy with a point here and I can't see them chasing a winner if were locked after 70 minutes. As I said, I'd like to see Harry's boys go well but this is a really tough match and the way they start off their last match at Young Boys I couldn't be confident on them.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Bursaspor - Valencia 1 2,90 expekt For me clear 1 and big value. Bursaspor won all 4 games in the season so far (2-0 with Galatasaray away) so their form as well as their morale are very good. They play at home so it's a huge handicap for them (fanatical crowd). What's more Turkish sides and league shouldn't be underrated - check who was brought in this summer. And we have Los Ches on the other hand. They beat Santander 1-0 but there was nothing special in their performance, the score against such opponent at home is not impressive for me. Besides, they lost Banega who's their main architect in the midfield. Vicente is also doubtful as he suffered some injury on Saturday. We have to also remember that Valencia are not the same team as a year ago. They're in process of rebuilding, main stars (Silva + Villa) were sold because of financial problems and replacements although solid, are not of the same quality. Don't understand why bookies treat them as the favourite, maybe because it's still Valencia and they play against rather anonymous Turkich side. I think they got it wrong. Good luck

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Werder- Tottenham = over(1.70) bet365 stake 5 / 10 The first match of Group A Champions League match between Tottenham and Werder two teams are not playing very well in their respective leagues. Werder comes to this game with some defections due to injuries as Naldo, Pizarro, Mertesacker. Tottenham has problems of training accidents as Defoe, Gomes, Modric Dawson questioned. The situation at home Werder is more critical because they can not count on their two good central defenders in this department have always had problems. In Tottenham Modric missed the creativity being questioned so in the end I think both teams play to win. :hope:hope:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Hapoel tel aviv's line-up vs Benfica (4-2-2-2): V. Enyeama; D. Bonder, D. Ben Dayan, B. Fransman, Douglas; A. Yadin, R. Rocchi; G. Vermuth, E. Zahavi; B. Sahar, E. Shechter This is an excellent (in Israeli proportions) line-up. Hapoel, however, still be vulnerable to right-wing attacks. Israeli teams struggle against physical, fast and purposeful teams. Not knowing much of Benfica, I assume that's not the case. Hapoel, in an unusual departure for an Israeli club, seems unfazed in front of a favourite, and though a Benfica win is all but a forgone conclusion, Hapoel +1.25 at around Even (1.91 Gamebookers, after being 1.97 with the Asians minutes ago) looks interesting.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Bursaspor - Valencia HT Draw @1.91 8/10, under 2.5 goals 7/10 @1.60, HW@ 3.00 3/10 Bursaspor is the last year TSL Champion and defence is what they did best. They got only 2 defeats at home last year; one is against Fenerbahçe 0-1 and other is from Gençlerbirliği 1-2. They are also good at counter attacks by 2 fast wingers; Volkan Şen and Ozan İpek. This year their defensive style continue. Conceed only 1 in 4 league matches. This game will be their first apperance and they will be very careful and wont think to attack much in the first half. Bursaspor: Ivankov, Ali, Ömer, Stepanov, Vederson, Volkan, Hüseyin, Ergiç, Insua, Ozan, Sercan. Valencia: Cesar, Mathieu, Costa, Navarro, Miguel, Albelda, Mehmet Topal, Pablo, Tino, Mata, Soldado.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September I'll have a couple of smallish bets on the opening fixtures... I'll take these first goalscorers in a multi Barcelona v Panathinaikos - First Goalscorer David Villa @ 3.20 SportingBet Manchester United v Rangers First Goalscorer - Wayne Rooney @ 3.00 SportingBet Reasoning: I think Barca will bounce back from the weekend's disaster with a solid performance. I can see plenty of goals in the game, and when there are goals to be had, David Villa is pretty quick to pounce. As for Rooney, well he wasn't played at the weekend against Everton - He won't like that and will be bursting at the seem's to shut some people up. A bit like a caged animal! (Not the strongest reasoning - but it's good for a bit of fun) I'll also have a multi on: Barcelona v Panathinaikos HT/FT Double - Barcelona @ 1.36 SportingBet Manchester United v Rangers HT/FT Double - Manchester United @ 1.45 SportingBet I've already provided reasoning on Barcelona, they'll be out to impress. As for Manchester United - They'll be looking for a strong start to the UCL campaign, Nani/Scholes/Berba are all in great form and Rooney is coming back into the side after being rested. Too much talent and qaulity across the park.

Werder- Tottenham = over(1.70) bet365 stake 5 / 10 The first match of Group A Champions League match between Tottenham and Werder two teams are not playing very well in their respective leagues. Werder comes to this game with some defections due to injuries as Naldo, Pizarro, Mertesacker. Tottenham has problems of training accidents as Defoe, Gomes, Modric Dawson questioned. The situation at home Werder is more critical because they can not count on their two good central defenders in this department have always had problems. In Tottenham Modric missed the creativity being questioned so in the end I think both teams play to win. :hope:hope:hope
Dont overrate the defensive injuries too match (Naldo,Mertesacker). Silvestre is quite experienced and Pasanen as center back does his job well too. Bremen only faces problems against fast playing side, you must let them run to create the big space for attacks. Tottenham with VdV and Crouch doesnt look like the fastest options in offense. Prödl is quite good in heading, so he and Pasanen will take care of Crouch most of the time. I had a tendency to the over as well, but in my opinion it is way to short here. :ok

Hapoel tel aviv's line-up vs Benfica (4-2-2-2): V. Enyeama; D. Bonder, D. Ben Dayan, B. Fransman, Douglas; A. Yadin, R. Rocchi; G. Vermuth, E. Zahavi; B. Sahar, E. Shechter This is an excellent (in Israeli proportions) line-up. Hapoel, however, still be vulnerable to right-wing attacks. Israeli teams struggle against physical, fast and purposeful teams. Not knowing much of Benfica, I assume that's not the case. Hapoel, in an unusual departure for an Israeli club, seems unfazed in front of a favourite, and though a Benfica win is all but a forgone conclusion, Hapoel +1.25 at around Even (1.91 Gamebookers, after being 1.97 with the Asians minutes ago) looks interesting.
What I know about Benfica is that they play like a s...t right know - lost 3 out of 4 games, so their start is extremely poor. Looking at their squad they have great potential and should crush Hapoel easily. But it's only on paper. I think Hapoel to score seems to be a good bet (it's around 1,80), but I don't know nothing about heir attacking power as well as their style - I only know Sahar, Zahavi and Nigerian goalie. Will they park the bus and play for a draw or try to attack and bring 3 points from Lisbon? Benfica will definitely attack but they make many errors in defence and could likely concede something.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Manchester United v Rangers I'm in full agreement with the general consensus of a comfortable home win. There is a huge gulf in quality between the two sides IMO and even if Rangers set up to defend and frustrate United I really can't see them holding out. Rooney is back and will be desperate to perform well and get on the score sheet. Looking at the card market, I think Davie weir to be carded at 5 with Betfair represents decent value. At 40 years young, he could be in for a long night against a fired up Wayne Rooney. The odds are a bit longer than expected as he doesn't pick up many bookings in the SPL(mainly because he is the captain of Rangers). Selections: Manchester United -2.5 AH @ 2.44 with Betfair - 3 units Manchester United HT/FT @ 1.65 with Betfair - 5 units David Weir to be carded @ 5.02 with Betfair - 2 units

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Tottenham/Tottenham 7.5 Betfair - 0.5/10! I can't call the Tottenham match, it looks like an absolute money pit. I've backed Spurs to win both halves on massive odds and tiny stakes just because I don't think there are any insights to be had here and this is a possibility. Betfair are giving huge odds on this compared to Bet365's 5.00. Tottenham don't have Defoe, Dawson or Modric but they coped most of last season without Modric so I don't know if that will be an issue. Just shove Huddlestone in the hole and rely on him for creativity with Kranjcar on the left. Familiar setup. Crouch, Pav and Gudjohnson know what they're doing in front of goal so I don't think Spurs are without goalscorers. Spurs are an attacking side but I'm sure they will set up defensively for at least the first half and try and catch 'em on the counter using Lennon. Bit of route 1 football maybe! The danger with this bet is that either side will score and Tottenham will go defensive.

Dont overrate the defensive injuries too match (Naldo,Mertesacker). Silvestre is quite experienced and Pasanen as center back does his job well too. Bremen only faces problems against fast playing side, you must let them run to create the big space for attacks. Tottenham with VdV and Crouch doesnt look like the fastest options in offense. Prödl is quite good in heading, so he and Pasanen will take care of Crouch most of the time. I had a tendency to the over as well, but in my opinion it is way to short here. :ok
What about Lennon and Bale? Spurs tend to play at a million miles an hour, so I would have thought they could be described as a fast side.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Werder vs Tottenham. Over 3 goals. 2.25 @ 188bet Spurs missing some key players like Defoe and also Modric which will affect their attacking options. However, I do believe they still will be good in the final 3rd. Redknapp has come out saying they will have cautious approach in Champions league which I can not believe, not today against Werder anyway. Bremen is very open minded team and will be playing attacking football at home and will present chances to visitors as well. Surely this game should bring up few goals and overs are the best option in this match. Barcelona vs Panathinaikos. Over 3.5 goals. 2.18 @ 5Dimes Barcelona crushed Panathinaikos 5-0 at Nou Camp last time these two played. It was 4 years ago. both teams have changed a lot since then. I see Panathinaikos as an improved team, especially in attack. They have players like Cisse and Govou amongst others and could nick a goal or two today, won't be surprised about that. Barca need a strong performance after humiliation against Hercules at the weekend. Should be comfortable home win, though I'm not sure they will keep a clean sheet today. Therefore going for overs. Man. United -2 AH vs Rangers. 2.05 @ 188bet United messed up @ Everton on Saturday letting slip a two goal lead away in the injury time. They will be very much up against this one and will need a very good performance after the failure to beat Everton. Rangers won't be competitive against United for 90 minutes, maybe one half. Rooney is expected to be back, Berbatov is scoring in every match lately so I fully expect United to teach Rangers a lesson here. Benfica vs Hapoel Tel-Aviv. Over 2.5 goals. 1.85 @ 188bet This is a stone wall over for me. Benfica playing at home should be winning this match easily and Hapoel not the team who could trouble Benfica away. The Portuguese side has got massive quality in attack with the likes of Saviola and Cardozo. Won't be a dull match. Smth like 2-1 to the home side most likely, overs anyway for sure.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September FC Twente vs Inter Milan AW - 2.08 @ 188bet Expected line-up: FC Twente: Mihaylov; Rosales, Wisgerhof, Douglas, Tiendalli; Brama, De Jong, Janssen; Ruiz, Janko and Chadli. Internazionale: Julio Cesar; Zanetti, Lucio, Samuel, Chivu; Cambiasso, Mariga; Pandev, Sneijder, Eto'o; and Milito. Taking a look at Inter's last 2 games. 0-0 Bologna 2-1 Udinese Inter having trouble scoring making no field goal, just 2 goals out of a standard situation. (corner and penalty) FC Twente: 2-1 VVV Venlo Having lots of goal opportunities but scoring only 2 against a poor VVV Venlo 4-0 FC Utrecht Scoring 4 but taking into consideration that all 4 goals were defended poorly, and having lots more chances to finish off Utrecht 6-0 7-0. Twente need many chances to make goals and against rock solid defenders Zanetti, Lucio, Samuel and Chivu, Twente won't get as many possibilities to put away a goal. Also, FC Twente needing lots of little fouls to keep off opponent strikers, creating lots of opportunities for key player Wesley Sneijder to put 1 in with a free-kick around the box. All the firepower on the Twente side must come from key player Ruiz together with Luuk de Jong. Keep both of them isolated and Twente is absolutely powerless. Taking into consideration that Inter is not in form this game could easily end in a 0-0. But when we look at the difference in quality, surely Eto'o, Milito and Sneijder should be able to score atleast one in Enschede. In the end, quality and also lack of experience will be the 2 factors that will make a home win impossible. And at these odds you should always take Inter over FC Twente.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Barcelona - Panathinaikos Usually its pointless to pick Barca as 1X2 winners, the offer is always low as hell, AH -1 is not so interesting also, only 1.4 so I found Total Corners 10,5 @ Unibet with a 1.8..I strongly believe Barca is out for the sweet revenge and Panathinaikos will be the unfortunate club whos goalie will pick up the ball many times from the net ..Home team here will try to forget the Hercules defeat and give the crowd something new to cheer on..Im sure Barca alone can get over 10 corners, with Panathinaikos playing for the counter they can easily add few more.. Bayern - Roma Bayern just finished 0-0 against Bremen where both teams fluffed some very good chances again and again but Van Gaal had some guilt in this also..Klose behind of Olic in 4231..(facepalm)..VG has to make some changes for tomorrow and will fire the squad to get a result against this Roma side, who was simply embarassing against Cagliari..They were without Burdisso yes and deservedly so, but they made some stunning mistakes also, Inter won Italian Super Cup basically because Roma let them to, they managed 0-0 with Cesena @Olimpico and now they have crashed again like a card-house..They are changing from 4231 to 442, so a change of formation and without key player Vucinic I cant see them getting a result here.. Straight home win 1.699 @ Pinnacle

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Manchester United v Rangers - Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.61 Coral Think we should see three goals or more at Old Trafford tonight, it could well turn into a romp for the home side if the goals come in early. United should have enough about them to win the match but I can see Rangers scoring also so I am wary of the handicap, United have conceaded a few lately and if balls are thrown into the box Rangers could sneak one, may be a few nerves around after Saturday's shocker. Ferdinand is meant to be back and it will be interesting to see how he does. United could get 3 themselves but a Rangers goal would help this alot.

I have had a bet on both teams scoring at 1.64 (betfair) for a number of reasons. Firstly neither of these are smart, experienced european playing sides, there is a different mentality when playing other sides in Europe and I personally don't think we will see a cagey encounter, not for the full 90 anway, Bremen have more experience in europe sure but have never set the world alight in the CL and are unlikely to be comfortable seeing out the game if they go ahead..Redknapp has said he will not be as naive as he was in the Young Boys away match and may play a 4-5-1 with Crouch, they will play 2 up in the home leg but not away, this doesn't overly concern me as they will still have numerous attacking threats on the pitch in Bale, Lennon, Crouch, Modric (for at least some of the game). Don't underestimate Crouch I consider him an excellent player and if he is on song (with the likely support he will receive from the usual Spurs empathasis on wide play) I can certainly see him causing problems, it will be important he receives quick support from other players though. Spurs are an offensive team anyway if Redknapp talks about a more controlled style of play this will still be generally more attacking than we will see from a lot of away sides in this round, I'm confident if they go a goal down we will certainly see them push forward rather than sit back waiting for the opportunity to counter..I didn't watch all of Werder's game at the weekend but they looked pretty good Arnautovic played well and looks like he will be a key player for Bremen, Marin looked good too, Palacios will have his hands full dealing with him and certainly the overall midfield battle will be key as to who wins the game, the game will prob start quite congested in this area due to the formations both are likely to employ. Bremen's defensive problems have been well documented but they gained an unexpected cleen sheet against Bayern with a patched up back line which is going to continue for this game, I am surprised Silvestre found another top club after his Arsenal days he was exposed virtually every time he played for them and was their worst defender, we can't judge him too much on the past though and he appears to have had a good start at Bremen his lack of pace should be a concern though..King was rested at the weekend for Spurs and while he certainly improves the defence when he is there I think his influence is often overstated and Bremen's quick skilfull attacking midfielders (Marin, Wesley, Hunt) could make him suffer if they are running at him and making him turn quickly, Gallas alongside him is certainly experienced by has had little football lately and I would have similar concerns about him if players are running at him, Redknapp may select Kaboul though who would be a better selection imo, Assou-Ekotto is a player who can be great like he was against Man City or utterly terrible like he was against Young Boys.. Ultimately I think this is a match that will be won and lost in the midfield, most of the key players for both teams play there and Redknapp has signalled his respect for Bremen's capabilities by lining up a 5 man midfield, I think Bremen will get the edge there as I don't think Palacios and Huddlestone are equipped to deal with the threat of Bremen's attacking players, but I also see Tottenham scoring as imo they have quality attacking players that Bremen are not going to be able to keep out with their general defensive frailties, med-large stake for me. Tottenham v Bremen Both to Score 1.64

Tottenham/Tottenham 7.5 Betfair - 0.5/10! I can't call the Tottenham match, it looks like an absolute money pit. I've backed Spurs to win both halves on massive odds and tiny stakes just because I don't think there are any insights to be had here and this is a possibility. Betfair are giving huge odds on this compared to Bet365's 5.00. Tottenham don't have Defoe, Dawson or Modric but they coped most of last season without Modric so I don't know if that will be an issue. Just shove Huddlestone in the hole and rely on him for creativity with Kranjcar on the left. Familiar setup. Crouch, Pav and Gudjohnson know what they're doing in front of goal so I don't think Spurs are without goalscorers. Spurs are an attacking side but I'm sure they will set up defensively for at least the first half and try and catch 'em on the counter using Lennon. Bit of route 1 football maybe! The danger with this bet is that either side will score and Tottenham will go defensive.
Gudjohnsen no longer plays for Spurs

I've got £10 on Man United/Rangers on any unquoted (Betfair) at 3.85 ... very comfortable bet that. Man U will score at least 1, most likely 2-3 .. so if I feel the need to lay I shall. The £10 on any unquoted is a good investment strategy! :ok
Alternatively, if you expect United to score 4+ and Rangers not to score, you can get 4.4 for United -3.5 with Bet365. I wouldn't rule out 5, which may be necessary given the United defence at present. Though, having now said that I am having difficulty envisaging Lafferty waving his shirt above his head.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Long time since I last posted, but think I may have found a little value to be had in the Barca game.. Goal to be scored before the 36th minute @ 1.83 In their games so far this season the first goal has been scored in: 21st minute vs Sevilla 13th minute vs Sevilla 2nd minute vs Santander 26th minute vs Hercules Having watched the Barca game I personally feel that Barca simply ran out of ideas and just look tired.. I know it's no excuse but the players had just got back after a thumping from Argentina. They are simply better than Panathinaikos and they owe their fans a decent performance, so I expect them to come out all guns blazing and play their normal good attacking football and score before the 26th minute. GL to all ;)

Sport Football (Champions League)
Event Lyon - Schalke 04
Selection Over 2.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 14/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price SBOBet @ 2.25
Reasoning A bit of a contradicting bet as both teams have struggled domestically and goals have not come in numbers for either side. Still its two teams with a lot of qualities. Spec on attack you can find players like Gourcuff, B.Gomis, Briand and Lisandro for the home side and Rakitic, Huntelaar, Farfan and CL legend Raul on the other. factors behind this bet beside the wealth of attacking talent are the fact that both sides struggle defensively so far and Lyon will miss Cris and Cissokho tonight and their backline is very different fromt he one last year with new, young and uncoherent players. Also both teams see this as a chance of turning the season (I know its just been a few games) and get a good result to build on. Lyon are desperate for a win which was evident after the weekend game and Schalke have the attackers to expolit the oppositions weakened defense.