** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Champions League > 14th September

Tuesday 14 September 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Benfica v Hapoel Tel Aviv (19:45 BST) 1.4 4.48 8.02 106.22 %
maximize.gif Bursaspor Kulübü v Valencia (19:45 BST) 3.05 3.3 2.4 104.76 %
maximize.gif FC Barcelona v Panathinaikos (19:45 BST) 1.12 7.66 23 106.29 %
maximize.gif FC København v Rubin Kazan (19:45 BST) 2.52 3.25 2.75 106.82 %
maximize.gif FC Twente v Internazionale (19:45 BST) 5 3.6 1.75 104.92 %
maximize.gif Manchester United v Rangers (19:45 BST) 1.2 6 15 106.25 %
maximize.gif Olympique Lyonnais v FC Schalke 04 (19:45 BST) 1.95 3.3 4.06 106.16 %
maximize.gif Werder Bremen v Tottenham Hotspur (19:45 BST) 2.15 3.25 3.42 106.52 %

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September FC Twente are a poor shadow of the side that Steve McClaren led to the Eredivisie last season. They've struggled to adapt to life without the 'Wally' since he departed to Wolfsburg and although Inter Milan are stuttering of late under Rafa Benitez they have more than enough quality and depth in their squad to win in Holland. Benitez is in his element in Europe and I can see them winning this 1-0. Under 2.5 goals is a market i'd be interested in too. Inter Milan @ 1/75 victorchandler

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Lookin at that opening lot of group games im swayed towards Lyon. Its pits them against Schalke, and both sides have had poor starts to their domestic seasons, Schalke with 2 defeats from 2 and Lyon with just 1 win from 4. My reasoning isnt very strong, except Lyon seem to always do well in europe...and i believe they have recently signed a new strike force in Loic Remy and Andre Pier-Gignac, who both have plenty of goals in them. and at 10/11 (bet365) im more than happy to play.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September

Lookin at that opening lot of group games im swayed towards Lyon. Its pits them against Schalke, and both sides have had poor starts to their domestic seasons, Schalke with 2 defeats from 2 and Lyon with just 1 win from 4. My reasoning isnt very strong, except Lyon seem to always do well in europe...and i believe they have recently signed a new strike force in Loic Remy and Andre Pier-Gignac, who both have plenty of goals in them. and at 10/11 (bet365) im more than happy to play.
Well the thing is that both Remy and Gignac signed for Marseille and not Lyon. Lyon, however, made a big signing in Gourcuff, but still both Schalke and Lyon seems to be out of form and under 2.5 is most likely.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September I'm going for a small double Man.Un + Benfica @1.62 bet365 Don't really have to say anything about Man.Un.they are strong at home,always play good in CL and atleast class above Rangers.they will probably beat handicap but after shocking weekend i'll stick with small and simple bets. Benfica are fcuked atm.lost 3 matches in domestic league.but i'm sure Benfica's camp had a word with players,also it's a CL so i think players will be up for a good match after awful start in domestic league.usualy Benfica are very strong at home and i think they can win this one.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September I really like the odds on Both to Score available at around 2.30-2.60 in Man. United - Rangers game. Rangers won al their league games so far and they also conceded 1 goal in 3 out of these 4 games. Man. United was very weak in defense against Everton and with Ferdinand still missing they migh concede here as well. However, the only thing that concerns me is that Man. United won their both home games 3-0 without conceding a goal. Wanted to take Over 2.5 but @ 1.50 it might be risky.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Even though I think that Twente is the easiest opponent for Inter in the group, I don't see Inter will win this one easily and I wouldn't be surpriced with a draw here. Based on previous 6 seasons all Inter's opening game had under 2 goals. 2009/10 Inter 0-0 Barcelona 2008/09 Panathinaikos 0-2 Inter 2007/08 Fenerbahce 1-0 Inter 2006/07 Sporting CP 1-0 Inter 2005/06 Artmedia 0-1 Inter 2006/07 Inter 2-0 Werder. If Inter loses this one their chances of progressing to the next round will be reduced considering that both werder and Spurs are much stronger opponents than Twente. I expect this to be a very even game with most likely scorelines 1-0 for Inter or 1-1 draw. But most likely will not touch this one.

Lookin at that opening lot of group games im swayed towards Lyon. Its pits them against Schalke, and both sides have had poor starts to their domestic seasons, Schalke with 2 defeats from 2 and Lyon with just 1 win from 4. My reasoning isnt very strong, except Lyon seem to always do well in europe...and i believe they have recently signed a new strike force in Loic Remy and Andre Pier-Gignac, who both have plenty of goals in them. and at 10/11 (bet365) im more than happy to play.
Lyon @home will be too strong for Schalke. I will follow you on this bet its now [email protected] @betsson

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September :D Hi, Im knew to the Footie Forum, mostly I do Rugby but I like european games as home teams always give value.I have a few picks I have made for this week and Im unlikely to change them however you always have at least 2 shocks in the opening night so I will look to avoid those by playing them on overs and unders. Im always scared to play unders unless if Im certain of a draw result, what do you guys think of under 2.5 for the following games FC København v Rubin Kazan FC Twente v Internazionale Olympique Lyonnais v FC Schalke 04 Bursaspor vs Valencia CFR cluj vs Basel Bayern vs Roma The way I work out my unders is i first look at the potential of a draw, then I work out the match up between the respective teams and how they would approach the encounter, for this reason I wont bet on new entrants like Shakhtar and partizan belgrade as u never know what to expect however I like the Cluj Basel game as I have watched these two teams closely in the qualifiers.

I haven’t bothered to take the Barcelona, arsenal and Man united games on the asian handicap as I can only get -2 which I feel is too high, same applies to Real Madrid and AC Milan although Im certain they will all win.

I have since decided to paly Arsenal, Barcelona and man united on the over 2.5 rather than the asian handicap.

My high value draw no bets are Bursaspor and Werder Bremen.

My straight draw picks are FC København v Rubin Kazan

FC Twente v Internazionale, CFR cluj vs Basel, Bayern vs Roma

Reasoning will come later but those are my feelers, lots of opportunities for under 2.5 and the odds are great:ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September I'm on Italian side vs. Twente this midweek. Pricing them at 1.95 SBO or Unibet, cause me really greedy on this -0.5. I don't get this huge odds movement in such a big market that CL is. Inter has far better guys upfront and I don't expect too many problems to break Twente's defense.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September I think that Man Utd HT/FT is a good value bet at 1.72 (Bwin). Rangers are awful at Champions League level, and Utd ought to breeze past them at Old Trafford. Considering that the bet is as short as 1.44 elsewhere, 1.72 is decent value for a quick start from the home side. I'll be backing the above, as well as having a small saver on Draw-Utd @ 4.5 (Ladbrokes). Mustafa; I'd be amazed if Rangers score at Old Trafford.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September I think that Inter will do well against Twente.I mean,that's the same squad that won treble last year.I know that departence of Mourinho is a big loss,but Rafa is an expert for CL matches.And Twente just isn't good enough to stop them.Inter defence is a real wall,and Snajder-Milito-Eto-Pandev is too much for almost any defence in Europe.I see scoreline 0-1 or 0-2.Inter win at 1.75 is a great price.Also,a Under 2.5 should be considerated ;) And about Lyon-Schalke...i see Over 2.5 all over this one.Schalke (as most German teams) has really strong attack,including Raul,Huntellar,Edu and Farfan,while their best defender is Metzelder?At the other side,it's a similiar story.Up frout Gourcuff,Delgado,Lisandro,Pjanic,Gomis,Bastos,while their defence is shaky,even in League 1.And Chissokho and Cris are missing,i guess. So,if you ask me Twente-Inter 2 + Lyon-Schalke Over 2.5

I really like the odds on Both to Score available at around 2.30-2.60 in Man. United - Rangers game. Rangers won al their league games so far and they also conceded 1 goal in 3 out of these 4 games. .
I'm sorry but how can u compare scotish league to EPL?man.un always play like fcuk in CL at home.i think rangers have no chance at all and they will be happy not to concede alot...

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Quite a few banker-looking bets on Tuesday but the prices are poor, so its hard to see any value bets. Might do a treble of Benfica, Barcelona, and Man Utd. I don't see any problems for those sides. I know Benfica haven't started their league season well, but they're a classy outfit and have a strong home record in this comp. Barcelona will want to bounce back after a shock home defeat, and Pana will suffer the backlash. Man Utd looked like comfortable winners away to Everton until a crazy last 2 minutes but that's all the more resaon for them to be focussed on the CL match. They have an awesome record at Old Trafford and I'm afraid the gulf in class is too much for Rangers. It's not impossible that the SPL side could score, but the problem is that they will likely be parking the bus.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September In my experience, which probably means fcuk all to most :lol The worst thing you can do on CL night is throw all the short priced favourites into an accumulator looking for "easy" money, using reasoning such as, 'team X should have too much for team Y'. I'll be looking at some of the positive handicap prices myself nearer the event.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Inter is at 1.98 atm (Betfair) and thats a good odds in my opinion. Rafa has shown his best results in Europe matches and with a quite tricky group 6 points against Twente is necesary. Inter has only Stankovic and Motta out due to injuries.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September HT/FT Double: Man Utd/Man Utd & Barcelona/Barcelona. A pretty obvious one this but one I think worth putting on to double your money. United have scored in the 1st half in all their league games so far (and apart from Everton last Saturday led at half-time.) Scholes, Nani and Berbatov look in good form and Ferguson will want to put down a marker not only for group rivals in 1st group game but also to instill confidence and impetus before facing Liverpool on Sunday. I don't think Rangers will be disgraced, but I do think it will be a comfortable night for United. Barca will want to apologise in front of their own fans for defeat to Hercules. A quality team with a point to prove often means a stuffing for sods who have to face them next. Also, Greek teams tend to perform poorly away from home and though I know this double may not scream out as mega value, I'm happy to plump on what is effectively a double or quits job as it pays just over evens with Paddypower.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September why would everone fancy Inter away at those odds?based on CL group stage matches every home team usualy play very strong.Twente is not a bad side after all.Inter under Rafa didn't convince yet.was watching last 2 games and was not imperessed at all.i think rafa lost his plot year ago and don't think he will be good at inter or any other team,not yet anyway.I think Twente +0.5AH @1.97 looks better then away win.BTW Inter didn't play well last season in group stage too.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September FC Copenhagen v Rubin Kazan under 2.5 @1.6 Rubin surprised everyone last season and if they would have easier group i'm sure they would go futher then group stage.they don't concede many goals and have solid defence.last 6 away matches they ended under 2.5 goals.they not so strong away so will probably try to play on counters.Copenhagen just passed rosenborg on their way to CL but Rubin willl be much harder for them.Don't think they will score alot,more then likely this game will end 0-0,1-1,or 1-0 to any side.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Twente - Inter Bet365 offers draw/Inter @ 4.50. My local offers de same at 4.95. Dat's i-man bet for tomorrow. Stake 3/10. Twente's main objective is de Dutch League. Dis way dey kyan compete next year in European Leagues. In front of dem are di CHAMPIONS of Europe. Everyone of them is more dan able fe score, e.g. defender Lucio last match, or di other defender Samuel so many times. Point is, da people i-dren from Inter kyan resolve dis ya match, and that cyaan be said for Twente. Small amount of coil, anyway.

Twente - Inter Bet365 offers draw/Inter @ 4.50. My local offers de same at 4.95. Dat's i-man bet for tomorrow. Stake 3/10. Twente's main objective is de Dutch League. Dis way dey kyan compete next year in European Leagues. In front of dem are di CHAMPIONS of Europe. Everyone of them is more dan able fe score, e.g. defender Lucio last match, or di other defender Samuel so many times. Point is, da people i-dren from Inter kyan resolve dis ya match, and that cyaan be said for Twente. Small amount of coil, anyway.
Jamaican, is there any way you can start writing your posts in written English please :ok

HT/FT Double: Man Utd/Man Utd & Barcelona/Barcelona. A pretty obvious one this but one I think worth putting on to double your money. United have scored in the 1st half in all their league games so far (and apart from Everton last Saturday led at half-time.) Scholes, Nani and Berbatov look in good form and Ferguson will want to put down a marker not only for group rivals in 1st group game but also to instill confidence and impetus before facing Liverpool on Sunday. I don't think Rangers will be disgraced, but I do think it will be a comfortable night for United. Barca will want to apologise in front of their own fans for defeat to Hercules. A quality team with a point to prove often means a stuffing for sods who have to face them next. Also, Greek teams tend to perform poorly away from home and though I know this double may not scream out as mega value, I'm happy to plump on what is effectively a double or quits job as it pays just over evens with Paddypower.
I like the look of that....Can see us really going at Rangers in the early stages and we could punish from the wings....Barcelona may have struggled against Hercules but I expect an Improved performence against Panathinaikos who are no mugs but Barcelona with Villa, Messi and Pedro look way too good to not put a few past them!

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Agree with the above posts on Man U. If anyone saw the game against Everton they were up 3 - 1 then conceded 2 injury time goals in the space of a minute. One of them ofcourse being a Cahill header (how cliche :eyes) My points are: 1. Everton at Goodison are much stronger than Rangers at Old Trafford. 2. Rooney was rested and is primed to rip someones net apart. 3. The manner in which they lost to the toffees would have caused Fergie to spray them in the dressing rooms till their hairstlyes cahnged. Expect a big reaction (ie. Rangers find themselves in the wrong place at the worst time). Also a quick note on Barca. Against Hercules on the weekend Pep rested about 4 players for this clash. But of the most importance were Xavi and Dani Alves who control the flow of the game and "make" goals. Thats what I put it down to and it should be back to Biz for them. And I stood to make a big profit on a weekend multi except I had Barca - Hercules over 2.5 as my last leg. when Hercules scored in 1st half I thought money was already in the bank. But to see Bojan twice fail to tap in square balls which were pracitcally touching the line just killed me :puke

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September I've got £10 on Man United/Rangers on any unquoted (Betfair) at 3.85 ... very comfortable bet that. Man U will score at least 1, most likely 2-3 .. so if I feel the need to lay I shall. The £10 on any unquoted is a good investment strategy! :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Tuesday 14.09.10 Lyon-Schalke 04 In this first match of Group B will face two teams that have not started well their respective leagues. Lyon in French league, has 5 points after 5 match, while Schalke04 in the German championship, is 0 points after 3 match. The French team last season had a strong line of defense consists of 4Reivellere-Cris-Boumsong-Cissokho, where only ex-Juventus player was sometimes replaced by Bodmer and young Lovren or Toulalan back on line defense. This year 's Boumsong was transferred to Panathinaikos and Bodmer at PSG, while Dynamo Kiev came Diakhaté. For tonight's match Cris is disqualified and Cissokho is out through injury. In midfield and attack in the only changes were the transfer of Govou and arrivals of Gourcouff and Briand. This year 's However Ederson, Kallstrom and Bastos have not yet been able to give their contribution in full swing for several problems that have seen them out of training the owner. For the match against Schalke04 should be confirmed Toulalan and Makoun central midfield, central striker Lisandro Lopez with behind the trio of Briand, Gourcouff and Bastos. Schalke04 summer has some 'revolutionized the team finished second in the Bundesliga in 2009/10, giving the defenders Rafinha, Westermann. Bordon and Zambrano, replaced by Uchida, Metzelder, Sarpei and Plestan. For the match against Lyon Metzelder is out for injury, and the fourth line of defense should be composed of new Sarpei and Plestan (latter 's so far played only one competitive match since being acquired in late August) most Howedes and Moritz. Front of the defense alongside Jones should act as defensive Matip to try to give more strength to department backlog. Front as a lone striker Huntelaar should act, the 'Dutch AC Milan to replace the top-scorer Kuranyi, act behind which Farfan , Rakitic and new signing Raul, a veteran of the Champions League. Impression is that this is a match, open to any result, even if there is to say that the French in the Champions League have a' great tradition, but the defense is not guaranteed, tried and tested and very reliable, and is certainly the heavy 'absence of Cris. What gives me more confidence is the offensive unit of the two bands that in a race that must 'be redemption for both after negative start to the season, could find the goal against two defenses unreliable and full of novelty. Both teams to score, stakes 8/10, odds 1.90, bet365

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September hey guys, ill be doing a double chance multi tommorow...not too keen on picking winners will be risking a high amount Lyon or draw 1.22 Lyon is a good home team in european fixtures and i find that schalke do not travel well..a draw would be a fantastic result for them Manchester United or Rangers 1.11 its one or the other, i hope its the other lol...dont think it will be a boring game Inter Milan or draw 1.17 Inter are a much stronger team and rafa is a cl specialist i think atleast a point and most likely a low scoring game Valencia or draw 1.37 this one is the hard one for me...i will be considering it whilst i research more stats and news as i dont know much about both at the moment...i would appreciate if anyone would share there views about this fixture. combined odds 2.17 with tab sportsbet australia cheers and GL everyone :hope

Agree with the above posts on Man U. If anyone saw the game against Everton they were up 3 - 1 then conceded 2 injury time goals in the space of a minute. One of them ofcourse being a Cahill header (how cliche :eyes) My points are: 1. Everton at Goodison are much stronger than Rangers at Old Trafford. 2. Rooney was rested and is primed to rip someones net apart. 3. The manner in which they lost to the toffees would have caused Fergie to spray them in the dressing rooms till their hairstlyes cahnged. Expect a big reaction (ie. Rangers find themselves in the wrong place at the worst time).
I agree with your points and think Man. United will score some goals here. The fact that they won 2 home games 3-0 this season the same scoreline would not surprise me. Rooney did not play against Everton and might score some goals here. Rooney to Score a Hat-trick @ 11.00 William Hill