** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

UEFA Champions League > 14th September

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September

I have had a bet on both teams scoring at 1.64 (betfair) for a number of reasons. Firstly neither of these are smart, experienced european playing sides, there is a different mentality when playing other sides in Europe and I personally don't think we will see a cagey encounter, not for the full 90 anway, Bremen have more experience in europe sure but have never set the world alight in the CL and are unlikely to be comfortable seeing out the game if they go ahead..Redknapp has said he will not be as naive as he was in the Young Boys away match and may play a 4-5-1 with Crouch, they will play 2 up in the home leg but not away, this doesn't overly concern me as they will still have numerous attacking threats on the pitch in Bale, Lennon, Crouch, Modric (for at least some of the game). Don't underestimate Crouch I consider him an excellent player and if he is on song (with the likely support he will receive from the usual Spurs empathasis on wide play) I can certainly see him causing problems, it will be important he receives quick support from other players though. Spurs are an offensive team anyway if Redknapp talks about a more controlled style of play this will still be generally more attacking than we will see from a lot of away sides in this round, I'm confident if they go a goal down we will certainly see them push forward rather than sit back waiting for the opportunity to counter..I didn't watch all of Werder's game at the weekend but they looked pretty good Arnautovic played well and looks like he will be a key player for Bremen, Marin looked good too, Palacios will have his hands full dealing with him and certainly the overall midfield battle will be key as to who wins the game, the game will prob start quite congested in this area due to the formations both are likely to employ. Bremen's defensive problems have been well documented but they gained an unexpected cleen sheet against Bayern with a patched up back line which is going to continue for this game, I am surprised Silvestre found another top club after his Arsenal days he was exposed virtually every time he played for them and was their worst defender, we can't judge him too much on the past though and he appears to have had a good start at Bremen his lack of pace should be a concern though..King was rested at the weekend for Spurs and while he certainly improves the defence when he is there I think his influence is often overstated and Bremen's quick skilfull attacking midfielders (Marin, Wesley, Hunt) could make him suffer if they are running at him and making him turn quickly, Gallas alongside him is certainly experienced by has had little football lately and I would have similar concerns about him if players are running at him, Redknapp may select Kaboul though who would be a better selection imo, Assou-Ekotto is a player who can be great like he was against Man City or utterly terrible like he was against Young Boys.. Ultimately I think this is a match that will be won and lost in the midfield, most of the key players for both teams play there and Redknapp has signalled his respect for Bremen's capabilities by lining up a 5 man midfield, I think Bremen will get the edge there as I don't think Palacios and Huddlestone are equipped to deal with the threat of Bremen's attacking players, but I also see Tottenham scoring as imo they have quality attacking players that Bremen are not going to be able to keep out with their general defensive frailties, med-large stake for me. Tottenham v Bremen Both to Score 1.64
Came in easily enough but it was a pretty safe bet so not looking for any praise. There was always going to be a short priced favourite that screwed up, thought it would be Benfica myself but proved to be Utd, sure we all had fears after seeing the teamsheet.. Not overly surprised Barca stuffed them, well done to the handicap and overs backers..

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jase did you see Barca's opening match???. Barca were awesome and to say they are poor is nonsense' date=' they will bounce back tonight. Barca rested some key players at the weekend and team was out of sorts and tired from midweek travels. I expect Barca to come our firing tonight and can see them running out 3-0 winners maybe more.[/quote'] 5-1 I rest my case :beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer

Tuesday 14.09.10 Lyon-Schalke 04 In this first match of Group B will face two teams that have not started well their respective leagues. Lyon in French league, has 5 points after 5 match, while Schalke04 in the German championship, is 0 points after 3 match. The French team last season had a strong line of defense consists of 4Reivellere-Cris-Boumsong-Cissokho, where only ex-Juventus player was sometimes replaced by Bodmer and young Lovren or Toulalan back on line defense. This year 's Boumsong was transferred to Panathinaikos and Bodmer at PSG, while Dynamo Kiev came Diakhaté. For tonight's match Cris is disqualified and Cissokho is out through injury. In midfield and attack in the only changes were the transfer of Govou and arrivals of Gourcouff and Briand. This year 's However Ederson, Kallstrom and Bastos have not yet been able to give their contribution in full swing for several problems that have seen them out of training the owner. For the match against Schalke04 should be confirmed Toulalan and Makoun central midfield, central striker Lisandro Lopez with behind the trio of Briand, Gourcouff and Bastos. Schalke04 summer has some 'revolutionized the team finished second in the Bundesliga in 2009/10, giving the defenders Rafinha, Westermann. Bordon and Zambrano, replaced by Uchida, Metzelder, Sarpei and Plestan. For the match against Lyon Metzelder is out for injury, and the fourth line of defense should be composed of new Sarpei and Plestan (latter 's so far played only one competitive match since being acquired in late August) most Howedes and Moritz. Front of the defense alongside Jones should act as defensive Matip to try to give more strength to department backlog. Front as a lone striker Huntelaar should act, the 'Dutch AC Milan to replace the top-scorer Kuranyi, act behind which Farfan , Rakitic and new signing Raul, a veteran of the Champions League. Impression is that this is a match, open to any result, even if there is to say that the French in the Champions League have a' great tradition, but the defense is not guaranteed, tried and tested and very reliable, and is certainly the heavy 'absence of Cris. What gives me more confidence is the offensive unit of the two bands that in a race that must 'be redemption for both after negative start to the season, could find the goal against two defenses unreliable and full of novelty. Both teams to score, stakes 8/10, odds 1.90, bet365
Unfortunately I lost my bet when Howedes was ejected in the first half ... Schalke 04 in this time can not afford to play 10 against an opponent of international importance such as the Lyon ... Too bad because until the two teams There were 11 against 11 Lloris made two outstanding saves and has saved its doors, proving that the Germans were able to play ...Sorry...

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Fergie's an asshole for doing what he did tonight. I can imagine many punters got burned tonight like myself. But to be fair we should have looked ahead to the fixtures and seen that the big Liverpool weekend game would have been his No. 1 priority and that Rangers would have been an obstacle in midweek and nothing m,ore than a formality because they play in SPL. Well he undwerestimated an got f$#%ed Up yours Sir Alex

Werder- Tottenham = over(1.70) bet365 stake 5 / 10 The first match of Group A Champions League match between Tottenham and Werder two teams are not playing very well in their respective leagues. Werder comes to this game with some defections due to injuries as Naldo, Pizarro, Mertesacker. Tottenham has problems of training accidents as Defoe, Gomes, Modric Dawson questioned. The situation at home Werder is more critical because they can not count on their two good central defenders in this department have always had problems. In Tottenham Modric missed the creativity being questioned so in the end I think both teams play to win. :hope:hope:hope
Profit :cow:nana:cow:nana:cow

Dont overrate the defensive injuries too match (Naldo,Mertesacker). Silvestre is quite experienced and Pasanen as center back does his job well too. Bremen only faces problems against fast playing side, you must let them run to create the big space for attacks. Tottenham with VdV and Crouch doesnt look like the fastest options in offense. Prödl is quite good in heading, so he and Pasanen will take care of Crouch most of the time. I had a tendency to the over as well, but in my opinion it is way to short here. :ok
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0 height=18 width=18 classid=clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000> I chose to play over Werder since a team that scores a lot and suffered a lot of goals. Then for the absences and the fact that Tottenham is a very good team with good offensive line. ;)

Fc.Copenhagen-Rubin=under (1.60) bet365 stake 5 / 10 First match of Group D of the Champions League. FC Copenhagen are a good team with very solid defense and a good midfield. The home team has included new signings as Bolaños, Grønkjær. The Danish coach has liked the game a TTime Rubin did a great defense and counterattack. Rubin Kazan, Russian champion in 2008 and 2009, the year 2009/2010 was in the group stage of Champions League is currently second in the championship. It sold its stars as the Argentine Alejandro Dominguez (Valencia), Semak and Bujárov to Zenit St Petersburg. Rubin in recent weeks to buy some players like the Nigerian Martins (Wolfsburg), Brazil's Carlos Eduardo (Hoffenheim) and defender unionized (Genoa). Possible configurations: Copenhagen: Wiland; Pospěch, Ottesen, Antonsson, Wendt, Vingaard or Bolaños, Claudemir, Kvist, Grønkjær, Santin, N'Doye. Rubin Kazan Ryzhikov, Ansaldi, Navas, Orekhov, Kuzmin; Gorbánets, Noboa, Natkho, Kasáev, Carlos Eduardo and Kornilenko. At the end because for me it is a balanced game play under. :hope:hope:hope
Profit :cow:nana:cheers:nana:cow

Long time since I last posted, but think I may have found a little value to be had in the Barca game.. Goal to be scored before the 36th minute @ 1.83 In their games so far this season the first goal has been scored in: 21st minute vs Sevilla 13th minute vs Sevilla 2nd minute vs Santander 26th minute vs Hercules Having watched the Barca game I personally feel that Barca simply ran out of ideas and just look tired.. I know it's no excuse but the players had just got back after a thumping from Argentina. They are simply better than Panathinaikos and they owe their fans a decent performance, so I expect them to come out all guns blazing and play their normal good attacking football and score before the 26th minute. GL to all ;)
Nice 1 :cheers As for the Man Utd backers whinging about team selection :lol A bit naive plunging on before the lineups are announced ain't it ?

Youve never backed a selection before the lineups announced greenhoff?
Not a Manchester United team on the -2, that has a manger, who has proven on numerous occasions before a mega league fixture, to show his priority. If i remember rightly, the hindsight:cryoccured last season from early punters, when Rooney and 4 or 5 others were left out of a CL game, prior to Liverpool away. Yeah, that was brutal too. Think it happened before the Chelsea fixture too. Strong enough side 'on paper' last night. Lets face it..the majority of punters would back any Utd side last night, as long as Rooney played.. Shame on Mr Ferguson for not pandering to the bettors of the world.

Must have missed your post expressing that opinion from you before the event.
'Dry yer eyes mate' Did'nt wager the game, so why the hell would i post anything about the game. Just replying to several unprofessional posts, blaming everyone but themselves for a losing bet. 'appy punting if you're going back in tonight.