** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Champions League > 14th September

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Manchester Utd. vs Glasgow Rangers Rangers will park the bus at Old Trafford but they don't have enough quality to hold United offensive for long time and once the hosts open the score netting other goals should be easier. Pick: Manchester Utd. -2.00 Bursaspor vs Valencia I am breaking a rule of mine which says don't bet on teams you don't know well but I think Bursaspor deserve a chance. The fact they won the championship last season means something and they have also started well new season with 4 wins out of 4. Valencia sold their aces in the summer, both Silva and Villa left. I am really interested to see how they will perform this season, the start is good but major doubt are away from home matches in Europe. Pick: Bursaspor 0.00

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September

Jase did you see Barca's opening match???. Barca were awesome and to say they are poor is nonsense' date=' [b']they will bounce back tonight. Barca rested some key players at the weekend and team was out of sorts and tired from midweek travels. I expect Barca to come our firing tonight and can see them running out 3-0 winners maybe more.
:lol you must be a very rich man, if you have that amount of foreseeability......

:lol you must be a very rich man' date=' if you have that amount of foreseeability......[/quote'] I think his points valid, they looked very good opening day..obviously very bad at the weekend but I can't see them putting on two bad performances in a row going on the past 3 years..wouldn't fancy playing them on much of a handicap as the early group games rarely have big wins and Panathinaikos are unlikely to end up as whipping boys a two goal victory would be my guess, but as we've seen before an early Barca goal and it could open up.. Taken a small interest on Inter 2.42 (betfair).

:lol you must be a very rich man' date=' if you have that amount of foreseeability......[/quote'] I actually agree with the lad Jase, not often you see Barcelona put in two under par performances in a row. They will want to bounce back with a comfortable and convincing performance tonight in front of the same fans that witnessed thier extremely unusual below par performance on Saturday evening. I am going to look into their corner handicap, but I'd appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction about accessing stat's for Barcelona's corners ration at the Camp Nou.? My main bet tonight though.. Manchester United V Rangers - Manchester United -4.5 corners AH @ 1.825 (Bet365) Really like the look of this bet for obvious reasons. Rangers will go to the Theatre of Dreams tonight with the mentality of the less goals they concede the better the result. I really cannot see Walter Smith letting his team venture forward to often, he will set up with the infamous 4-5-1 formation which suited them so well in the Uefa Cup a couple of seasons ago, but which was found out big time a step up in level at the Champions League group stages last season. This Rangers team, will look to frustrate Rooney and co, so I can see a couple of corners being conceded even before United score. However, if United get an early goal, as I say I cannot see Rangers taking to many risks even if they are one down and the form of the game, IMO, will follow the same path of United attacking the Rangers goal and either scoring or racking up the corners. I cannot see the Gers winning too many corners whilst United with be battering the Gers defence all night and are bound to rack up a few. For this reasons, United on the -4 AH corner count @ 1.825 will be my main line for this evening. Goodluck everyone :ok:hope

Can someone tell me why Inter have been drifting so much? I wasn't going to touch them at 1.75 but at 2.4 I will be tempted.
It is tempting price to be honest but I don't think going against such a big market movement is a smart choice. Stay away from this one if you didn't make a bet yet. :ok

:lol you must be a very rich man' date=' if you have that amount of foreseeability......[/quote'] Not a case of seeing into the future more a sense of what to expect after a poor performance at home in the domestic league. Barca normally come with all guns blazing when they have been poor in the previous match and score a few in the process. Sorry you felt my comments were funny but saying that Barca have started poorly is misplaced at this moment in time given their opening performance. You never know, they may draw tonight and lose away to A. Madrid at the weekend and then we can maybe start thinking about dishing out poor start comments.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Just trying to find some value in the Champions League is difficult. I think this though is a likely treble and would pay around 13/1 at Betfred. FC Copenhagen 8/5 Werder Bremen Evens Valencia 8/5 Main reasoning behind this bet is that all the opponents have limited if no Champions League experience.

Just trying to find some value in the Champions League is difficult. I think this though is a likely treble and would pay around 13/1 at Betfred. FC Copenhagen 8/5 Werder Bremen Evens Valencia 8/5 Main reasoning behind this bet is that all the opponents have limited if no Champions League experience.
:welcome to PL. Just one thing. Last year Rubin with no CL experience beat Barcelona, who were reigning champions at that time.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Inter may not be in form atm, but 2.50 away to an Eredivisie side is worth it. Tonight's lineup: Julio Cesar, Zanetti, Lucio, Samuel, Maicon, Marica, Cambiasso, Eto, Sneijder, Pandev, Milito. Same squad that starred in last seasons CL save Marica. With difficult away fixtures at Spurs and Bremen I would expect Inter to come out and take it to Twente. Inter have drawn poor teams before in Serie A and CL but 2.50 is insane.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Inter up to 2.5 @ Bet365. Decided to put that in a double with ManU -4.5 corners. Singles: Bursaspor DNB - Bursaspor seems strong on paper and it's alway hard to visit a turkish team. Valencia are not as strong as last year and they are much stronger at home. Lost 1 league game last season at home but 8 away. Twente - Inter under 2.5 - I can see Twente laying back and trying to keep Inter down and rely on counters. Inter have not been scoring much this season so far and Rafa is always careful on away ground so i can see this happening.

:welcome to PL. Just one thing. Last year Rubin with no CL experience beat Barcelona' date=' who were reigning champions at that time.[/quote'] Good point though can lightening strike twice and if it can what about the 22/1 been offered by V Chandler on Panathinaikos to win against a Barcelona team coming off a 2-0 home weekend loss agains Hercules.

Inter may not be in form atm, but 2.50 away to an Eredivisie side is worth it. Tonight's lineup: Julio Cesar, Zanetti, Lucio, Samuel, Maicon, Marica, Cambiasso, Eto, Sneijder, Pandev, Milito. Same squad that starred in last seasons CL save Marica. With difficult away fixtures at Spurs and Bremen I would expect Inter to come out and take it to Twente. Inter have drawn poor teams before in Serie A and CL but 2.50 is insane.
Agreed, no idea what is behind the crazy odds drift but a full strength Inter, European Champions, have got to be taken at 2.50. Rafa may have made some iffy signings at Liverpool but he was/is an excellent tactician who priotised Europe.

Good point though can lightening strike twice and if it can what about the 22/1 been offered by V Chandler on Panathinaikos to win against a Barcelona team coming off a 2-0 home weekend loss agains Hercules.
This is very unlikely since Panathinaikos are experienced team in Europe. As I mentioned earlier I will expect surprise from Bursasspor this time against Man. United.

Agreed' date=' no idea what is behind the crazy odds drift but a full strength Inter, European Champions, have got to be taken at 2.50. Rafa may have made some iffy signings at Liverpool but he was/is an excellent tactician who priotised Europe.[/quote'] Totally agree and I am in. Inter @ 2.20 Ladbrokes

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14th September Inter Milan at 2.40 (Bet 365) Crazy crazy odds for the champions. Rafa has experience in doing well in Europe and although Inter have started poorly, they are the defending champions and I reckon they can definitely win this game against a dutch side. The odds are just too attractive. Even though defending champions have that knack of performing below expectations on their return game. Bursaspor -0 at 1.875 (Bet 365) Turkish side with a good track record of winning with the odd goal at home. In addition, Valencia have problems, so I expect Bursaspor to beat them or at least draw. While I initially wanted to back Barcelona and Man U, I find the odds too small. Especially with Man U fielding a second team and the Barca team's players having to play in 3 games in the last 7 days. I expect them to win, but don't see the value.

I like much that has been written about the Bursaspor Valencia game' date=' so I will take the [b']AH - 0 Bursaspor @ evens with them on Betfair. Spurs and Bremen I believe to be two fairly matched teams who like to play open expansive football. Despite Redknapp claiming he will NOT play 4-4-2, to counter Bremen's diamond formation in the middle; they have enough to trouble Bremen who are missing their 1st choice defender Metersacker; Bale is in good form down the left, Modric might even be fit to play and Crouch, Keane and Pav all have european pedigree. Bremen lost their most creative threat in Ozil though still scored home and away vs Sampdoria. In their respective leagues this season, Bremen have gone over 2.5 in 2 out of 3 games. Spurs have gone over 2.5 in 1 out of 4. In CL qualifiers both teams went over in home and away legs. Over 2.5 @ 4/5 I am willing to bet on. A 1.5 AH for Hapoel @ 4/5 vs Benfica also appeals. Benfica have lost in the league 2-1 3 times out of 4 and have only won once. Hapoel have their key striker Shecter back in the team after hamstring injury. I think they will score at least 1 in what should be a fairly open game, both teams are better attacking then defending (all of Benfica league games over 2.5) so I will go over 2.5 goals @ 8/11 too. Last 7 European home games for Benfica and 20 goals have been scored. GL all :hope
:@ Lost loads of money that I won yesterday from Huth anytime scorer. Only result where I would have lost with Hapoel Benfica was a 2-0 to Benfica and guess what it was :puke Don't really know what happened to Bursaspor but I shouldn't have bet on them as I know very little about and leave my trust to what sound like good bets on here :\

Don't really know what happened to Bursaspor but I shouldn't have bet on them as I know very little about and leave my trust to what sound like good bets on here :\
1- Wrong first 11 by the manager 2- Wrong substitutions 3- Inexperienced players 4- Lucky and also magnificent goals by Valencia I did not bet on this match but to be honest I am shocked by the mistakes of Bursa manager. Cause actually I think he is a great manager overall.

Ferguson really screwed that one up. This is the champions league, not the carling cup. He disrespected his opponents and he paid for it. Looked a terrible injury to Valencia, horrible to see. Hope he gets well soon.
Spot on. I had to check the fixtures to make sure it wasn't Macclesfield they were playing in the Carling Cup. I didn't get a chance to post earlier but had I done, I would have recommended the -1.75 available. Not good enough for Ferguson to bullshit about a great performance by Rangers..it was obvious that he was going easy on Rangers and that is not fair on fans or punters. Chelsea would have played full strength squad and been out of sight after half an hour. Then started the subs. After the game is safe. Not before it. Shocking injury to Valencia which definitely influenced the tempo and mood of players. He will be missed. That evens about Chelsea for the EPL in Betfair is looking even better now.