Tennis - 16-22 August

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August Not sure about Fish vs Roddick. Andy is playing well, and Fish did not look good enough for me because Murray almost won the game, forcing Fish to go to tie even when he was not 100% ok. H2H is 9-2 for Roddick but Mardy won the last meeting in semis in Atlanta. Tight call in my opinion, but Roddick -2,5 @ 1.90 looks ok to try. In Marcos Baghdatis vs Fed, both played really well yesterday, Fed looked confident , even when he was 3-0 up in the second set and Davydenko tied the set but he played really good and won finally won 6-4 breaking to love in the last game. In my opinion if Federer plays as yesterday he should win the match. H2H is 6-1 for Fed, but last meeting in Indian Wells lost in a real tight match. Not happy with handicaps in this match. Maybe, the good offer today is to make a Roddick + Fed @ 2. Anyway, i'll wait for Psycho's opinion :lol By the way, sorry for my english, i try my best.

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August

Not sure about Fish vs Roddick. Andy is playing well, and Fish did not look good enough for me because Murray almost won the game, forcing Fish to go to tie even when he was not 100% ok. H2H is 9-2 for Roddick but Mardy won the last meeting in semis in Atlanta. Tight call in my opinion, but Roddick -2,5 @ 1.90 looks ok to try. In Marcos Baghdatis vs Fed, both played really well yesterday, Fed looked confident , even when he was 3-0 up in the second set and Davydenko tied the set but he played really good and won finally won 6-4 breaking to love in the last game. In my opinion if Federer plays as yesterday he should win the match. H2H is 6-1 for Fed, but last meeting in Indian Wells lost in a real tight match. Not happy with handicaps in this match. Maybe, the good offer today is to make a Roddick + Fed @ 2. Anyway, i'll wait for Psycho's opinion :lol By the way, sorry for my english, i try my best.
Your english is better than mine mate Nice first post GL:ok and :welcome to pl

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August One bet for me on semi-final day. Cincinnati: Marcos Baghdatis vs Roger Federer - Roger Federer -3.5 games @ 1.98 with Pinnacle (6/10) Baghdatis was incredible yesterday against Nadal and put in so much effort to get the win. It was a milestone victory for him, considering that he had never beaten Nadal before. I think that match is going to take a lot out of him, mentally and physically. It's not often that you get guys outside the Top 10 beaten Nadal and Federer in consecutive nights and I think this will be a step too far for Baghdatis. The Cypriot did beat Federer earlier this year on a hard court but I think he's playing a better Federer at the moment. The Swiss leads the overall H2H 6-1 and has purred through his last few matches. I was impressed by the way he swatted aside Davydenko yesterday, who is a similar type of baseline player to Baghdatis. I think motivation is pretty high for Federer - he wants to go into the US Open on the back of a win - and all things considered, he's got more quality and more consistency that Baghdatis. Beating Nadal in three sets takes a lot out of any player and I don't expect Baghdatis to be especially fresh, and he needs to be if he's to hang in there with Federer. Don't expect the Swiss to skittle Baghdatis but a score of 6-4 6-4 would do the trick here and I think that's well in Federer's range. I had the handicaps at -/4 games, so I think there's a bit of value in this. :hope

One bet for me on semi-final day. Cincinnati: Marcos Baghdatis vs Roger Federer - Roger Federer -3.5 games @ 1.98 with Pinnacle (6/10) Baghdatis was incredible yesterday against Nadal and put in so much effort to get the win. It was a milestone victory for him, considering that he had never beaten Nadal before. I think that match is going to take a lot out of him, mentally and physically. It's not often that you get guys outside the Top 10 beaten Nadal and Federer in consecutive nights and I think this will be a step too far for Baghdatis. The Cypriot did beat Federer earlier this year on a hard court but I think he's playing a better Federer at the moment. The Swiss leads the overall H2H 6-1 and has purred through his last few matches. I was impressed by the way he swatted aside Davydenko yesterday, who is a similar type of baseline player to Baghdatis. I think motivation is pretty high for Federer - he wants to go into the US Open on the back of a win - and all things considered, he's got more quality and more consistency that Baghdatis. Beating Nadal in three sets takes a lot out of any player and I don't expect Baghdatis to be especially fresh, and he needs to be if he's to hang in there with Federer. Don't expect the Swiss to skittle Baghdatis but a score of 6-4 6-4 would do the trick here and I think that's well in Federer's range. I had the handicaps at -/4 games, so I think there's a bit of value in this. :hope
Good luck Atko - might as well see you through this week - I'll put my last nights winning and follow you. :hope

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August Three for me today. Roger Federer to bt. Marcos Baghdatis -3.5 (1.98 at Pinnacle) 7/10 Baghdatis with a huge confidence boost but surely tired after a tough match with Nadal and I cannot see him beating two great players in two days, especially when Federer is certainly rested and in a good form. One break for Federer in each set will do and the bet is achievable even in a three-setter. Good odds on this one, H2H record is good = I have to take it. Andy Roddick to bt. Mardy Fish -2 (1.95 at Pinnacle) 6/10 The problem with Fish is that he has played way too many tough matches in hot conditions lately. And against tough opponents. I think that he may run out of steam here today in another day match. Roddick is the one with added motivation here - he wants back to top 10 and this is a huge opportunity. He has the better groundstrokes here in my opinion and he should come through. Victoria Azarenka to bt. Vera Zvonareva -2.5 (1.80 at Pinnacle) 6/10 Azarenka is in great form and had no real problems getting into this stage of the tournament, while Zvonareva had some. Azarenka has already cleared this line twice against Zvonareva this year and I can't see her not doing it for the third time. If Zvonareva is dropping sets to Cibulkova+injured Clijsters and losing to someone like Vandeweghe, she will have a lot of problems with Azarenka. Regarding US Open, Murray is a slight favourite for me and I can see myself picking Berdych, Nalbandian, Roddick or Fish E/W. Definitely not Nadal though.

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August Sport Tennis Event Andy Roddick v Mardy Fish Selection Andy Roddick -4.5 games Strength 10/10 Date 21/08/2010 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.75 Reasoning Looks a tough spot for Fish. He's playing great, but had a really tough match in the heat yesterday against Murray and had doubles later in the day. He's fitter than he ever has been, but still might be jaded. Even if he is 100%, Roddick is still a favourite, so I'll take him. Roddick also might be under rated. He's struggled for a few months and come out saying that he's had a mild case of mono. Now that it's been diagnosed and I assumer properly treated, he's played some good stuff this week. Tight win against Soderling and really in control against Djokovic, his confidence should be up. I feel like taking a risk on this game, so take the alternative handicap from Paddy Power and see how it goes. Sport Tennis Event Svetlana Kuznetsova v Caroline Wozniacki Selection Svetlana Kuznetsova Strength 10/10 Date 21/08/2010 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 2.00 Reasoning Interesting match, and I like Kuznetsova in it. Neither have shown top form this season, with Kuznetsova having a bigger slump. But this summer on the hard courts it seems to be coming back. She's hitting much better, still has problems closing out matches but it is improving. Wozniacki has the opposite game style and sometimes seems to be average, sometimes very good. I expect both to step up here and recognise the threat from the other player.

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August Mardy Fish +2 games AH vs Andy Roddick. 2.03 @ Pinnacle (5/10) I think has got very good chance here. He's playing best tennis of his life and why not beat Roddick again? He did it few weeks ago in Atlanta. Roddick has been playing great, too but has his bad moments in every match and if Fish can take his chances he'll be good. Mardy has been serving very well and should get to tie-breaks at least. In case of couple tie-breaks loss we get a refund on +2 games handicap. I wouldn't rate Roddick as such a big fave here.

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August this match as with 90% of tennis matches was unbettable, roddick was too short to back given fish's form , and mardy was'nt value enough at 5/4 given head to head i really think the real value in mens tennis comes from in running and backing the top players once they go a break or set down, odds change too drastically with one break and players like nadal etc always fight, we as punters need to be super selective with betting tennis matches ass most are priced in a way that the bookie has a gigantic edge, wait in running and u have a chance for a solid edge

i really think the real value in mens tennis comes from in running and backing the top players once they go a break or set down, odds change too drastically with one break and players like nadal etc always fight, we as punters need to be super selective with betting tennis matches ass most are priced in a way that the bookie has a gigantic edge, wait in running and u have a chance for a solid edge
Interesting opinion there. I, however, would tend to disagree with the fact that tennis is always priced right, because it simply isn't. Both in-play and before-play bets can be profitable (in-play a little bit more in my opinion). But bookies certainly do not set all lines right. This I would defend pretty strongly.

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August Lol. That was one very silly match from Roddick's perspective. Fish into Masters final. Who would have thought that would happen ever again after his loss of form at the start of the year? Well done Mardy! :ok So unfortunate to lose the first set after being obviously better player before the rain break. Roddick should have closed it out @ 5-3 in the 2nd set, it has to be said.

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August Federer too good for poor Baggy today. The lack of the first serve let him down big time today. Can't see Fish having much of a chance in the final, to be perfectly honest. One close set maybe, but not more than that.