UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August

Porto started the season very well, they won the supercup 2x0 against benfica with a good exibithion. On the past weekend started the league with a away win against Naval, 1x0. In that game Porto was bad in 1st half but in the 2nd half was in total controle and create a lot of chances to score, although only get a goal in a penalty with five minutes to the end. This year the top goal for Porto is get back the league title but also has great expectations in this competition. Porto is a regular presence in Champions League and always getting trough the groups so in Europe League the team hopes at least reach the quarter-finals. And I remember that the last time Porto play Uefa Cup/Europa League (2002/2003) won it. Porto has some absences, Guarin and C. Rodriguez are out after injuries in last game, James Rodriguez is still without the international certificate. Meireles and Fucile are both out and probably they'll leave the club. This year Porto is a stronger team and although they lost Bruno Alves, and Meireles and Fucile are being out to prevent injuries that put in risk a transfer, they get good replacements. And specially on midfield and attack Porto has a lot of quality, not only the starters but everybody. Hulk, Varela, Falcao, Moutinho, Belluschi, Micael, Fernando, Souza, Walter, Castro, Ukra... a lot of options just for 3 places om the midle and more 3 up front. Genk seems very well and improved a lot since last year but of course Porto is the favorite. Porto like to keep the ball with a passing game but is also very strong in transition, know very well when push or slow the game. With teams that play very closed in deffense Porto has some troubles but against teams who play at attack and give space, and Genk seems to be like that, Porto is deadly. As a Porto fan I wont bet but with those odds I dont see much value. Maybe the best is wait for the live and the first minutes to see how the teams face the game.
Excellent info Nuno_SD!! I also reckon it will better to try live-betting. What I can say is that Genk is not a team which defends all the time (also their main defende Joa Carlos is out for this game) so it will be an open game I think.

Hajduk @ 1.95 10bet 10bet will soon realise their mistake and i expect these odds to drop to 1.60-1.65 in few days. This is a historical chance for Hajduk to reach EL group stage and they got one of the easiest opponents(considering that CSKA, Leverkusen and PSG were in the same pot as Unirea). Unirea in a real mess, owner left the club, clubs president also and some players might do the same in the next few days. Hajduk will again be pushed with 30000 fanatic fans from the stands and you could see against Dinamo Bucharest how important that is. Going strong on this one as i can see big value in home win.
I understand why there is talk of a crisis, it appears the players have not been paid for a number of months and they have started the season quite poorly (0-2-2) but the manager and players are still the same as last season..they qualified for the qualifying rounds of the CL and only lost to Zenit 1-0 over two legs who most people considered a total banker last night..Hajduk scraped through to the next round after losing the first leg 3-1 away to Dinamo and while I agree home field advantage is a big one due to the passionate fans I don't think a side with a recent european record as bad as Hajduk's should be considered value at 1.6ish..I would personally take under 2.5 goals taking into account Unirea's good defence and experience from last seasons CL when they did very well..

@ Mahno How did these recent punishments affect Karpaty?
It didn't affect yet.But there is big scandal going on in Ukraine Football Federation.Metalist and karpaty united against Dynamo and Surkis.It will end bad i think,some changes will be made in Ukraine Football for sure.I think it will take long time for clubs to recover and prove anything.But at the moment everything going as planed.Karpaty taking Europa very seriously.As i said i don't think we will win away but we can make galatasaray's life hell at home.

Hi mate, don't have much time will try and do a full write-up tomorrow. Europa League is very important to Celtic. After getting knocked out of CL it is imperative to go through and it would be disastrous to go out for financial and footballing reasons and Celtic will be playing the strongest team available and we could really use a run in this competition to boost our coefficient. I was considering backing Celtic myself but Gary Hooper who looks like he will be our main goalscorer is going to be out for 6 weeks which is a blow. New Swedish centre-half Daniel Majstorovic should go straight into replace Jos Hooiveld who is apparently suspended. We should win this game, we have made some decent signings and have the makings of a decent team once all the new players gel and with our away record we pretty much have to win to have any chance you'd think. The game is also not going to be broadcast on TV in an attempt to get as big a crowd as possible, not sure what standard Utrecht will be, 7th in Eredivisie last season but Celtic can't take any European team lightly these days. We should take a lead to Holland.
Cheers buddy... Got Celtic left to complete ma acca and just thinking what to do.Lay them now or ride my luck...:unsure

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August Preview FC Timisoara – Manchester City Stadium will be sold out! Fans of Timisoara will make a great atmosphere at this game. Everybody in this town expects to see their favorite team playing against the “millionaires”. FC Timisoara is unbeaten so far in this season: one win and three draw in championship and one win and one draw in Europa League. First four games showed us a team that was very poor in defence and very good offensive. Almost every team (including mediocre team from Finland, MyPa). Their strongest part which last year was defensive midfield played so poor and that gave much power to opponent teams. But last two games showed us a different face. At home agains champions CFR Cluj, Timisoara played their best football this season. Yes, there was 2-3 mistakes in defence but team was very strong in that compartment. They gave CFR no chance to win the game and pressured the team from Cluj from the very first minute until the end. No big spaces in defence and a strong offensive power. Last game they played away at Craiova and team showed that they are capable of closing the game. Defence was the main thing that they were focused on. And the result was that Craiova had one single chance the whole game (the goal). May be this will be the tactic to be used against Manchester City tomorrow night. And this is why the over goals bet is out of question before the match begins. But if we see an offensive team of Timisoara like in the first four games then over 2.5 goals will be a must bet with medium stakes. Striker Goga had some problems in last game but he will be able to play. Coach can use 4-5-1 with Magera in midfield and Goga on the wing or 4-3-3 with Axente, Goga and Magera as the three strikers. Right defender could be Contra ex national team player which means that defensive Timisoara will be weak on right side but their attacks will be mostly on right side with ball to Contra. Question is who will play along side with Cisovsky on center of defence as both Mera and Luchin are young and usually make mistakes. Timisoara team is not that inexperienced in european games as team played last years and they also got Sahtior Donetk out of Champions League! Manchester City comes to Timisoara as favorite team. Keeper Hart showed great form in opening round and he was the main reason why Spurs did not scored in that game. Their problem is on left side of defence where Kolarov is injured and also another left defender Wayne Bridge is out injured. Boateng will also miss the game injured. But City has great squad and no doubt replacements will try to give heir best. Coach announced that will make 2-3 changes from game against Spurs. Spurs controlled the game and managed to get only a goalless draw. They missed huge chances to score. City’s defence was not good in that game and midfield was outplayed by Spurs offensive force. Can not make a bet on Timisoara when opponents have players like Tevez, Wright-Phillips, Adebayor or new comer Balotelli. City is favorite in this game but odds are poor. -0.75 line in asians has poor odds also. Last years only teams from England’s best 4 (Chelsea, United, Liverpool and Arsenal) managed to beat romanian teams away from home. Others got maximum a draw not to mentione 5-1 defeat of Everton at Dinamo some years ago. English teams usually play bad in Europe when they are away from home. Check last night result between Young Boys Berna and Tottenham! No doubt which team will qualify but this first game is tricky. Wait 10-15 minutes to watch the game and then place bets on City if is worth it! Game will be played at 21:00 CET and will be hot again there. Referee is romanians “favorite” Florian Meyer so don’t be surprised if out of nowhere City wil have a penalty. Good luck with your bets!

Preview FC Timisoara – Manchester City Stadium will be sold out! Fans of Timisoara will make a great atmosphere at this game. Everybody in this town expects to see their favorite team playing against the “millionaires”. FC Timisoara is unbeaten so far in this season: one win and three draw in championship and one win and one draw in Europa League. First four games showed us a team that was very poor in defence and very good offensive. Almost every team (including mediocre team from Finland, MyPa). Their strongest part which last year was defensive midfield played so poor and that gave much power to opponent teams. But last two games showed us a different face. At home agains champions CFR Cluj, Timisoara played their best football this season. Yes, there was 2-3 mistakes in defence but team was very strong in that compartment. They gave CFR no chance to win the game and pressured the team from Cluj from the very first minute until the end. No big spaces in defence and a strong offensive power. Last game they played away at Craiova and team showed that they are capable of closing the game. Defence was the main thing that they were focused on. And the result was that Craiova had one single chance the whole game (the goal). May be this will be the tactic to be used against Manchester City tomorrow night. And this is why the over goals bet is out of question before the match begins. But if we see an offensive team of Timisoara like in the first four games then over 2.5 goals will be a must bet with medium stakes. Striker Goga had some problems in last game but he will be able to play. Coach can use 4-5-1 with Magera in midfield and Goga on the wing or 4-3-3 with Axente, Goga and Magera as the three strikers. Right defender could be Contra ex national team player which means that defensive Timisoara will be weak on right side but their attacks will be mostly on right side with ball to Contra. Question is who will play along side with Cisovsky on center of defence as both Mera and Luchin are young and usually make mistakes. Timisoara team is not that inexperienced in european games as team played last years and they also got Sahtior Donetk out of Champions League! Manchester City comes to Timisoara as favorite team. Keeper Hart showed great form in opening round and he was the main reason why Spurs did not scored in that game. Their problem is on left side of defence where Kolarov is injured and also another left defender Wayne Bridge is out injured. Boateng will also miss the game injured. But City has great squad and no doubt replacements will try to give heir best. Coach announced that will make 2-3 changes from game against Spurs. Spurs controlled the game and managed to get only a goalless draw. They missed huge chances to score. City’s defence was not good in that game and midfield was outplayed by Spurs offensive force. Can not make a bet on Timisoara when opponents have players like Tevez, Wright-Phillips, Adebayor or new comer Balotelli. City is favorite in this game but odds are poor. -0.75 line in asians has poor odds also. Last years only teams from England’s best 4 (Chelsea, United, Liverpool and Arsenal) managed to beat romanian teams away from home. Others got maximum a draw not to mentione 5-1 defeat of Everton at Dinamo some years ago. English teams usually play bad in Europe when they are away from home. Check last night result between Young Boys Berna and Tottenham! No doubt which team will qualify but this first game is tricky. Wait 10-15 minutes to watch the game and then place bets on City if is worth it! Game will be played at 21:00 CET and will be hot again there. Referee is romanians “favorite” Florian Meyer so don’t be surprised if out of nowhere City wil have a penalty. Good luck with your bets!
Nice preview, interesting to read about Timisoara as an attacking team! A lot must have changed from last year! :tongue2 I realise you state you are not sure how the game will be played and it might be safer to go in-play..I would certainly be tempted to go on the unders as I dont think City are yet going to be gelling as an attacking force and it is not Mancini's style to go attack teams, it will be largely a possession game for the first half hour I would imagine, he won't be playing a full first choice XI either but difficult to know who he will play or drop..under 2.5 is available at evens (various) at the mo, as City's price and the overs (unsurprisingly) falls the nearer we get to the game, wouldnt be confident enough to bet on this game but that is the way I would go..

Besiktas 2-0 HJK FT The home side controlled the game totally, as expected. And after the 1-0 goal they pretty much played it like it was a friendly; very slow pace just controlling the game. Still unlucky to not hit the over 2.5 goals mark as HJK had two great chances also. One breakaway and one umm.. *half*breakway. Both times the striker froze totally though and no real danger for Besiktas side. Also HJK should have had a penalty as a Besiktas player tackled a HJK player from behind in the box and the ball was nowhere near at that point. The referee pussied out and pointed that Besiktas player infact hit the ball :lol Bad bet anyways, totally overestimated Besiktas' offense: they didnt really push for many goals tonight :\
:) HJK played only on own half and didnt even think of passing, only long balls. no technique, nothing. IF Bobo didnt hit the post on 16'th min. this could easily be over 2.5 goals. Away match will be much more easier than this. I can see that we can easily score 2 or more in Helsinki.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August HastGill1, except last game Timisoara was very offensive this season, new coach brought a new conception for the team. Check stats and see how many goals they scored last season ;) compared to other teams from Romania. I think they are in top 3!

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August Hi everyone, Been away on business for a while over the summer so not been able to post at all on here for a few months, but it's good to be back and I'm raring to make some profits this season. My first bet of the season comes tomorrow night in the Europa League.. Celtic V Utrecht - Celtic win @ 1.76 (Betfair) Having been a Celtic fan all my life, I can understand just how important qualification for the Europa League has now become for our club, it saddens me to say it, but at the moment we are a Europa League standard of team. Gone are the days where we can be hopeful of making it into the last 16 of the Champions league, we'd be doing well to qualify for the group stages these days. This has left us in the position where we MUST make qualification and progression in Europes second tear competition a priority. New manager Neil Lennon has already tasted European football as a player, he will now be desperate to experience European football as a manager, he will want to experience the undescribable atmosphere within Celtic Park on a European night from the touchline as opposed to being on the pitch. In my opinion, if anyone can get some of these players, who lets face it were failures last year, up for a game, then Neil is the man. He has a vision about the team and how he wants the team to play, he has brought in 8 new signings over the summer, that has to have strengthened the side, although with Gary Hooper missing through injury he is missing one of his more influencial siginings. However, he still has guys such as Joe Ledley, Efrain Juarez, Shaun Maloney, Scott Brown, Marc Fortune, Geiorios Samaras - all players capable of stepping it up on a night like this and really taking it to the Dutch side. I have to admit, I am not the most clued up on our opposition tomorrow night, but from what I have read and heard from some of my Dutch colleagues they seem nothing more than an average Dutch side whom Celtic should take care of on home turf. If we want to progress in this competition I feel we need to take a home win to Holland next week. Parkhead should be relatively full tomorrow night as there is no radio or TV coverage of the game, so lets hope the atmosphere can reach the players and drive them on to a comfortable win. I feel this new look Celtic side should out class an average Dutch side here and am more than happy to put a reasonable sized bet on.. Celtic win @ 1.76 (Betfair) Goodluck everyone :ok:hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August PSG Vs Maccabi Tel Aviv Maccabi are about to park the bus against the French tomorrow. This won't change even in case of a quick Saint Germain goal. Maccabi Tel Aviv: Strauber; Ziv, Kapiloto, Pavicevic, Strul, Gafni; Baning, Sidibe, Medunjanin, Yitzhaki; Atar Maccabi doesn't have much pretence, and will play an underdog. This practicaly is a new team (Pavicevic arrived on Monday) but Maccabi is traditionally a focused, disciplined team. There's a genuine class difference between the teams, but a low score is not out of the question.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August Rapid - Aston Villa Aston Villa did really well against West Ham and if I am correct hey had like 10 corners in the first half. Also I checked stats for last season and Aston Villa matches at home had on average 12.8 corners, and away matches had on average 13.4 corners. Over 12 Corners @ 3.50 (3 units) William hill

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August About the match between Hajduk and Unirea, the players from Unirea are very motivated to get a good result, even though they have dificulties with the money.Sorin Frunza, one of the best players from the team declared today in the newspapers that they are better then Dinamo, which Hajduk beat 3-0 at their own stadium.It fact a fact with the money not paid even with Zenit, and the russians were almost knocked out of the competition.So don't underestimate the romanian team.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August Sabir v PSV Not many opinions regarding this match I see. Odds on PSV are down to as low as 1.66 now. Sabir are bottom of the Russian Prem League and are struggling so far this season whereas PSV have made a good start to the season with 2 wins from 2 games. Sabir only got into Europe through a good Cup run and getting to the Russian Cup Final where they were beaten by Zenit.. PSV have been training at Spartaks ground which is an Artificial Surface, so possibly Sabir could play on an Artificial surface? PSV have to adjust to a 5 hour time difference and a long journey over to Russia. PSV are favorites by a long distance but is a Victory certain or worth backing at 1.66? Personally I'm going to LAY PSV at this price, they can afford to Lose this game even and still qualify at Home most probably. This is a huge moment for Sabir and I can't see them rolling over easily just because their league position is poor. It's not easy for teams to travel away and get wins so early in the Season so I'm going to LAY the Dutch on this occasion. Dutch Squad that Travelled Isaksson, Cássio Ramos, Zoet, Marcelo, Maza, Vukovic, Berg, Toivonen, Engelaar, Lens, Koevermans, Amrabat, Hutchinson, Pieters, Wuytens, Ojo, Labyad, Manolev, Bakkal, Reis. Balázs Dzsudzsák, Ibrahim Afellay and Carlos Salcido did not board the plane LAY [email protected] Betfair....

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August Sibir-PSV Pick: Over 2.5 Goals at 2.05 @ StanJames First of all let me say; i am going against the public here. Most of the opinions on the internet is that PSV is going to win in a low scoring match. I cannot disagree with a PSV win, though the odds does not represent value anymore on that. However, the over in this game, is totally underrated. SIBIR As i wrote in an earlier pick against Sibir, i have to point it out again; Sibir is not good enough for neither the Russian Premier League or the Europa League. They did not even deserve to be in this round, as they were totally outplayed by Apollon. But enough talk about that. Sibir approaches this match very professionally. They prioritize Europa League just as much as they prioritize the domestic league. In this game the russians have absolutely nothing to lose. This matchup with PSV is going to be a big party and adventure for the whole city, as this is the game of their lives. Therefore Sibir is going to do everything to win and make a good impression of their team. Sibir is the over team of the russian league, scoring 23 goals and allowing 39 goals in 17 games. They might well have sold their topscorer Medvedev to Rubin Kazan, however, he only scored 6 of the 23 goals. To replace him they bought promising polish attacker Bartlomiej Grzelak from Legia, where he has scored 13 goals in 54 games. Decent replacement, however, you cannot compare him to Medvedev. For todays game they have attacker Alexandr Antipenko missing, however, as he isn´t scoring that many goals it would not really affect our over bet. Furthermore, midfielder Ivan Nagibin is out too. Sibir is a team, that has the abilities to score against good oponents too. This season they have scoret 2 goals against Nalchik, 2 goals against Tomsk, 2 goals against Lokomotiv, 3 against Spartak and 2 against Dinamo. Furthermore, they have scoret 4 against Krylya, and in the cup 3 against Alanya, 5 against Avangard and 3 against Luch. There is definately goals in that team. As much as they score, they conceed even more. Their defense is terrible. Especially when chasing leads! Just in the last 5 minutes of last weekends game against Spartak Nalchik, Nalchik could have scoret 4 goals in the last 5 minutes, but settled with one. They have allowed a total of 39 goals so far in the season. Even though they have bought 3 new defenders; Adessoye Oyewole, Steeve-Joseph Reinette og David Kvirkvelia, they have not adapted to the team yet. And in my opinion the only one with the qualities to the Russian Premier League is David Kvirkvelia so far. I cannot imagine this defends hold their ground against anybody. PSV Yes, coach Fred Rutten has spoked that a good result is main priority in this game, but, when is the result not main priority? PSV takes this game very seriously, and have had a scout sent to Russia to watch Sibir´s last game against Spartak Nalchik. For this game PSV is travelling without important midfielders Balasz Dzudszak and Ibrahim Afellay, which will not help our over bet, because the players are capable of scoring goals for the team, and both scored last weekend. PSV is also missing defender Carlos Salcido and attacker Stefan Nijland, however, none of them has played a competitive match so far this season. Despite of these missings, the team has so much attacking power, that i can´t imagine them not scoring a couple of goals against this Sibir defense. They have players like Marcus Berg(22 goals in Eresdivisie in 2008/2009), Ola Toivonen(5 goals so far in 2 matches this season), Danny Koevermans(11 goals last season in Eresdivisie), Jeremain Lens(12 goals last season in Eresdivisie), Otman Bakkal(11 goals last season in Eresdivisie), young brazilian talent Jonathan Reis and Nordin Amrabat, who is going to take over for Afellay this game. Plenty of offensive power in this team. Take in mind that PSV allowed 29 goals in 34 games last season, in a league with a lot of mediocre opponents, and that Sibir has been capable of scoring lots of goals against some of the big shots in the Russian league, i believe Sibir can manage to score a goal or two themselves in this game. CONCLUSION There are at least as many things speaking in favor of a over in this game, as there is speaking in favor of an under. PSV is a goal machine, who also conceeds a decent amount of goals, while Sibir´s defense is terrible. Combined with Sibir´s ability to score lots of goals too, i find anything above 1.90 for an over value.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August FC Timişoara Manchester City Man City is much better team and that's obvious. They can put only reserve players for this match and we still will be watching stars like Balotelli, Adebayor, Given, Lescott or Ireland. Then only real departure is left defence, because Kolarov, Bridge and Boateng are unavailable. Sure, Manchester City started bad in Premier League - but Spurs at home were always difficult for them and we all should remember that this was a goalless draw against 4th Premiership's team from last season. Today Manchester City will play against 5th team of Romania League from last season. I really see big difference between 4th team of Premier League and 5th team from Romania so I don't panic, because of poor performance against Spurs. I agree that Man City could be not so determined, but it's only 11 days to close the transfer market. Some players will be sold or will go on loan, some wants to stay at the club, so every match is good chance to show their skills. On the other hand home team is not the same who won against Shaktar Doneck in last season, so important players left the club. They had average start in this seasons 1-3-0. In last round of qualification they won against Finnish MyPa away from home, but got only 3:3 on home ground. So if they allowed MyPa to score three times I hope that Man City could also score some goals and will win by two goal margin or more.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August Banega like your pick :ok Sibir Novosibirsk - PSV Eindhoven over 2.5 @ 2.05 TAB Noticed that the odds are falling in some places for the over as well as an outirght PSV win. The visitors should win this game but the odds do not have much value about them. They have started the season in very good form where they beat Heerenveen 3-1 on the road and then demolishing De Graafschap 6-0 at home. Sibir has struggled in the top flight and have been conceding goals. However in this competition they did score at home (1-0 win) against Apollon Limassol and then lost 2-1 to them on the road. They have nothing to lose here as they are not expected to progress but they face a quality side here. Would not be surprised if PSV send it over themselves, but there is some likelihood that Sibir may be able to nick a goal if PSV underestimate them and their thoughts are centred about the weekend game with AZ Alkmaar

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August I am from Romania and sincerely hope that Timisoara will at least get a draw in this match.First of all it's all about how the coach Petrovic will motivate his players, not to be afraid of attacking the "big team" of Manchester City.As many people said before, at least for now they didn't prove anything, despite spending a lot of money on players. Another factor would be the fans, and the stadium will be full, so the players will give 200% to make a good result and who knows , to beat the Citizens.In my opinion, even though Mancini is a good coach, they have to many "stars" in the team.But they don't act as one, and as you also know teams and sometimes players win football matches.The ball is round and everything can happen. The Romanians where also amazed by the things that City wanted.They will take the game very easy i am sure, and i have a feeling tonight is Timisoara's night. Yes, MyPa scored 3 times, but those where mistakes and remember that Timisoara equalised in the last seconds of the match, deserved.

Sibir-PSV Pick: Over 2.5 Goals at 2.05 @ StanJames First of all let me say; i am going against the public here. Most of the opinions on the internet is that PSV is going to win in a low scoring match. I cannot disagree with a PSV win, though the odds does not represent value anymore on that. However, the over in this game, is totally underrated. SIBIR As i wrote in an earlier pick against Sibir, i have to point it out again; Sibir is not good enough for neither the Russian Premier League or the Europa League. They did not even deserve to be in this round, as they were totally outplayed by Apollon. But enough talk about that. Sibir approaches this match very professionally. They prioritize Europa League just as much as they prioritize the domestic league. In this game the russians have absolutely nothing to lose. This matchup with PSV is going to be a big party and adventure for the whole city, as this is the game of their lives. Therefore Sibir is going to do everything to win and make a good impression of their team. Sibir is the over team of the russian league, scoring 23 goals and allowing 39 goals in 17 games. They might well have sold their topscorer Medvedev to Rubin Kazan, however, he only scored 6 of the 23 goals. To replace him they bought promising polish attacker Bartlomiej Grzelak from Legia, where he has scored 13 goals in 54 games. Decent replacement, however, you cannot compare him to Medvedev. For todays game they have attacker Alexandr Antipenko missing, however, as he isn´t scoring that many goals it would not really affect our over bet. Furthermore, midfielder Ivan Nagibin is out too. Sibir is a team, that has the abilities to score against good oponents too. This season they have scoret 2 goals against Nalchik, 2 goals against Tomsk, 2 goals against Lokomotiv, 3 against Spartak and 2 against Dinamo. Furthermore, they have scoret 4 against Krylya, and in the cup 3 against Alanya, 5 against Avangard and 3 against Luch. There is definately goals in that team. As much as they score, they conceed even more. Their defense is terrible. Especially when chasing leads! Just in the last 5 minutes of last weekends game against Spartak Nalchik, Nalchik could have scoret 4 goals in the last 5 minutes, but settled with one. They have allowed a total of 39 goals so far in the season. Even though they have bought 3 new defenders; Adessoye Oyewole, Steeve-Joseph Reinette og David Kvirkvelia, they have not adapted to the team yet. And in my opinion the only one with the qualities to the Russian Premier League is David Kvirkvelia so far. I cannot imagine this defends hold their ground against anybody. PSV Yes, coach Fred Rutten has spoked that a good result is main priority in this game, but, when is the result not main priority? PSV takes this game very seriously, and have had a scout sent to Russia to watch Sibir´s last game against Spartak Nalchik. For this game PSV is travelling without important midfielders Balasz Dzudszak and Ibrahim Afellay, which will not help our over bet, because the players are capable of scoring goals for the team, and both scored last weekend. PSV is also missing defender Carlos Salcido and attacker Stefan Nijland, however, none of them has played a competitive match so far this season. Despite of these missings, the team has so much attacking power, that i can´t imagine them not scoring a couple of goals against this Sibir defense. They have players like Marcus Berg(22 goals in Eresdivisie in 2008/2009), Ola Toivonen(5 goals so far in 2 matches this season), Danny Koevermans(11 goals last season in Eresdivisie), Jeremain Lens(12 goals last season in Eresdivisie), Otman Bakkal(11 goals last season in Eresdivisie), young brazilian talent Jonathan Reis and Nordin Amrabat, who is going to take over for Afellay this game. Plenty of offensive power in this team. Take in mind that PSV allowed 29 goals in 34 games last season, in a league with a lot of mediocre opponents, and that Sibir has been capable of scoring lots of goals against some of the big shots in the Russian league, i believe Sibir can manage to score a goal or two themselves in this game. CONCLUSION There are at least as many things speaking in favor of a over in this game, as there is speaking in favor of an under. PSV is a goal machine, who also conceeds a decent amount of goals, while Sibir´s defense is terrible. Combined with Sibir´s ability to score lots of goals too, i find anything above 1.90 for an over value.
Could you confirm whether Sabir play on a Plastic pitch or not? I think this could have an big effect on PSV

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August I deffinitely feel there is value in Rapid Vienna. The Rapid squad is fit and healthy. Thye have great news in keeping hold of Jelavic who has said himself is fully focused on this game. They will miss Soma - Defender but this is nothing new. Looking at Aston Villa on the other hand they a missing Crucial players. Milner - Sold Dunne - Suspended Carew - Injured Agbonlahor - Injured Collins - Injured Cuellar - Injured Petrov -Rested A Young - Rested L Young - Rested A number of youngster have been included in the travelling squad. Rapid Vienna score alot have home. They are very strong. Celtic fans may remember them from scoring 3 against them after just 19 minutes. For me I bet - Rapid Vienna over 1.5 goals - 6/4

Sabir v PSV Not many opinions regarding this match I see. Odds on PSV are down to as low as 1.66 now. Sabir are bottom of the Russian Prem League and are struggling so far this season whereas PSV have made a good start to the season with 2 wins from 2 games. Sabir only got into Europe through a good Cup run and getting to the Russian Cup Final where they were beaten by Zenit.. PSV have been training at Spartaks ground which is an Artificial Surface, so possibly Sabir could play on an Artificial surface? PSV have to adjust to a 5 hour time difference and a long journey over to Russia. PSV are favorites by a long distance but is a Victory certain or worth backing at 1.66? Personally I'm going to LAY PSV at this price, they can afford to Lose this game even and still qualify at Home most probably. This is a huge moment for Sabir and I can't see them rolling over easily just because their league position is poor. It's not easy for teams to travel away and get wins so early in the Season so I'm going to LAY the Dutch on this occasion. Dutch Squad that Travelled Isaksson, Cássio Ramos, Zoet, Marcelo, Maza, Vukovic, Berg, Toivonen, Engelaar, Lens, Koevermans, Amrabat, Hutchinson, Pieters, Wuytens, Ojo, Labyad, Manolev, Bakkal, Reis. Balázs Dzsudzsák, Ibrahim Afellay and Carlos Salcido did not board the plane LAY [email protected] Betfair....
Firstly, it is Sibir. And, yes it is a artificial surface. PSV have been training at the Spartak Stadium. Which is Sibir's ground.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August Preview Steaua Bucuresti – Grasshopper Zurich [url=http://romanianbet.com/2010/08/18/preview-steaua-bucuresti-grasshopper-zurich/#respond] If old coach would have still be on this team then -0.5 on Steaua was to be taken medium high stakes. But now will have again to wait for live. Steaua changed the coach and new one people said is more offensive. He changed the line up, played with two strikers and got one defensive midfield out. They’ve won 2-1 against new comer Branesti. Steaua played poor football and their chance in that game was the poor defensive midfielder of Branesti and the fact that on wings Branesti lacks players to make good defensive play. With previous coach this game should have been end 3 or 4-0! Rumour is that Angelov will have a chance to play and offensive minded Radut will be out of line up. This means Steaua will change to 4-2-3-1 with starlet Stancu playing behind the only striker Kapetanos. Every change is bad for Steaua before and important game like this one. Years ago when romanian teams met a swiss team generally the romanians were better. Now swiss fotball progressed and can not see big differences. Still Steaua is undefeated so far in championship. Also Steaua conceded in every game despite having a better defence than last years. Fans refused to take part at last game and instead of 25000 fans were only 5-6000 and stadium looked empty. If Steaua plays bad and have 25000 fans to cheer and their opponent is medium to low they always win. They will miss only long time injured Szekely. Pitch is bad these days in Ghencea. Grasshopper is poor in domestic league so far winning just one game out of 5. Usually they play poor in Europe in away games. Their tactic is 4-1-4-1 which means that will try to balance the game by having more players in midfield. Coach Ciriaco Sforza already watched Steaua, thing that can not be said about romanian coach. No big names in swiss team and this means no one to watch. Steaua will start the game by putting pressure on the opponent and if swiss defence will stay solid then will have their chances to reach a good result. Grassopper will come to defend and will try the counter attack. Pitch is pretty bad and this tactic may not be good if they want to score. Problems with swiss teams is their defence and Steaua has the power to score in this game. 1-0 or 2-0 is good and over 2.5 goals can be hard to achieve. Game will be played at 19:45 CET and will be very hot in Bucharest at that hour! Referee is Jonas Eriksson from Sweden and north countries always gave romanian teams bad referees. Good luck with your bets!

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August PSV inspected the artificial turf pitch at the Spartak Stadium in Novosibirsk during a 90-minute training session on Wednesday night. Media representatives were allowed to attend the first fifteen minutes of the session before PSV continued training behind closed doors. The artificial turf pitch at the Spartak Stadium is in good condition. The stadium will be filled with capacity, so tomorrow night’s attendance is expected to be 12, 5000. PSV passed the Jabulani ball, the official ball of the FIFA World Cup 2010 in South Africa, around in training, as it will be used as the match ball for Thursday. At the end of the training session, it started to rain as dark clouds gathered over Novosibirsk. This is a news artical above.

Rapid - Aston Villa Aston Villa did really well against West Ham and if I am correct hey had like 10 corners in the first half. Also I checked stats for last season and Aston Villa matches at home had on average 12.8 corners, and away matches had on average 13.4 corners. Over 12 Corners @ 3.50 (3 units) William hill
Yeah Villa have always been a big corner team, but this isn't the PL and the 1st leg of a EL tie which may easily result in a rather cagey encounter. Villa will also have a virtual reserve team out which imo will be a big negative to this bets chances. Six of the players that started for Villa on Saturday will not play any part tonight, with the most important being the wide players Milner and Ashley young missing out. Agbonlahor still being injured is also a negative with his pace running the channels and getting in behind defences, and in this match last season they were only 5 corners. Not having a go at the bet in any way mate, just pointing out a few things that you may not not have been aware of, and whilst my original thinking was that this game may yield plenty of corners, villa's squad news has lessened my enthusiasm somewhat Still to look at the home side however, but i doubt i will be laying 9 or less unless i can get around evs to lay. Gl with your bet :ok

I am from Romania and sincerely hope that Timisoara will at least get a draw in this match.First of all it's all about how the coach Petrovic will motivate his players, not to be afraid of attacking the "big team" of Manchester City.As many people said before, at least for now they didn't prove anything, despite spending a lot of money on players. Another factor would be the fans, and the stadium will be full, so the players will give 200% to make a good result and who knows , to beat the Citizens.In my opinion, even though Mancini is a good coach, they have to many "stars" in the team.But they don't act as one, and as you also know teams and sometimes players win football matches.The ball is round and everything can happen. The Romanians where also amazed by the things that City wanted.They will take the game very easy i am sure, and i have a feeling tonight is Timisoara's night. Yes, MyPa scored 3 times, but those where mistakes and remember that Timisoara equalised in the last seconds of the match, deserved.
It's really good that people give information about teams like Timorasoa Uneria, Sherriff Tirospal and other Eastern European unknowns, but i don't think we should make them the main discussion point in the Europa Thread or have FANS posting about their hopes for their team getting a result. There are other games on also from a betting perspective that could provide better betting opportunities, this forum is about making money essentially not about Fans wanting their teams to win. I was kind of attacked yesterday after writing a post in the Champions league thread for going against Sheriff tirospol. Some fan got upset because I backed Basel.. It really pisses me off when most of us are making constructive unbias predictions, and a Fan comes on and starts having a go or tells us how great their Teams chances are of causing an Upset without staking money down. I hope your team does well ENGLISH FAN but if your not prepared to stick money where your mouth is then there's no point posting.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August Rapid Wien v Aston Villa Can't believe the odds on this game for Wien, another case of English bookies over-rating foreign teams I think! This is a repeat of the game last year, at the same stage, where Wien beat Villa at home, 1-0. First off, Villa have a host of absent players. The obvious one is Milner who has left for Man City, whilst Richard Dunne is suspended and John Carew, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Carlos Cuellar and James Collins are injured and Stiliyan Petrov, Luke Young and Ashley Young are rested. That leaves them very light both attacking and defensively, missing lots of key players. Wien are not a bad side and have been in decent form, winning their last 4 games. They have a strong home record, losing only 3 times in their last 30 home games, and although the Austrian league is not the strongest, it's still a fairly decent level. I think the bookies have got this massively wrong and it's one of my strongest bets so far this season (now watch this lose :lol) Rapid Wien win @ 15/8 - 8pts - StanJames

Yeah Villa have always been a big corner team, but this isn't the PL and the 1st leg of a EL tie which may easily result in a rather cagey encounter. Villa will also have a virtual reserve team out which imo will be a big negative to this bets chances. Six of the players that started for Villa on Saturday will not play any part tonight, with the most important being the wide players Milner and Ashley young missing out. Agbonlahor still being injured is also a negative with his pace running the channels and getting in behind defences, and in this match last season they were only 5 corners. Not having a go at the bet in any way mate, just pointing out a few things that you may not not have been aware of, and whilst my original thinking was that this game may yield plenty of corners, villa's squad news has lessened my enthusiasm somewhat Still to look at the home side however, but i doubt i will be laying 9 or less unless i can get around evs to lay. Gl with your bet :ok
Thanks for the info. Next time I will not hurry with my selections.