** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August

@Muscleman : he did stated something useful' date=' that City can take the game as an easy one! See Spurs game at Young Boys Berna!!![/quote'] What So CitY are gonna Win easy then are they? or are City going to think its a really really Easy game today and then lose?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August Rapid Vienna v Aston Villa - Lay Villa @ 2.72 with Betfair With Agbonlahor, Ashley Young, and Carew missing, I'm not sure where the goals will come from for Villa tonight. The three forwards named in the squad are Heskey, Delfouneso, and Weimann, who have the grand total of 13 Villa goals between them. Downing and Albrighton may supply some extra attacking threat, but it's a very inexperienced squad for an away game in Europe. Vienna look to be on the up after a poor start to their domestic season and they have the extra confidence of knowing they dumped Villa out at this stage last year. They come into the match on a run of 3 consecutive wins and, as far as I can tell, a pretty full squad to chose from. With a draw probably looking like a decent result for Villa, I'm willing to take the plunge and lay them.

Rapid Vienna v Aston Villa - Lay Villa @ 2.72 with Betfair With Agbonlahor, Ashley Young, and Carew missing, I'm not sure where the goals will come from for Villa tonight. The three forwards named in the squad are Heskey, Delfouneso, and Weimann, who have the grand total of 13 Villa goals between them. Downing and Albrighton may supply some extra attacking threat, but it's a very inexperienced squad for an away game in Europe. Vienna look to be on the up after a poor start to their domestic season and they have the extra confidence of knowing they dumped Villa out at this stage last year. They come into the match on a run of 3 consecutive wins and, as far as I can tell, a pretty full squad to chose from. With a draw probably looking like a decent result for Villa, I'm willing to take the plunge and lay them.
Lay Villa... I'm also on this. Can't see Villa getting a Win here. Impossible with the amount of players out.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August For me it's a no bet game, it could go either way.If Timisoara will score an early goal then it will be an interesting match.I'm from Romania, not a Timisoara fan, i'm just presenting some facts that could influence the way the game goes. Also Tevez said at the conference that it's hard to be motivated after the World Cup.It's all about how City will take the game.In my opinion they will take the game easy and underestimate the Romanians, so they could be in for a surprise. There are to many stars in the Citizens team, to many new players and they are simply NOT a team, but simply "stars". At these odds on City, a big NO BET.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August Regarding Steaua - Grasshoppers, some people said that the Romanian players don't have International experience, but in this kind of matches it's also about the past in Europe, the players will be fully motivated. I don't know much about the Swiss team, but I've read that Renella is considered the most dangerous players from the guests. From the Romanian team there are news that Radut will be replaced by Eric Bicfalvi, which is a minus in my opinion because they are different kind of players.Also Bonfim will be replaced by Emeghara of the left side of the defence.To point out how motivated is Emeghara, just say that after the match on Monday he stayed until after midnight at the gym to work on his feet.The players also got their wages after the match, so they can be fully focused on tonight's game.Also former Cottbus player, Anghelov could make his debut tonight for Steaua and he is the most important player that came to the team this summer.His qualities are undeniable, he is very technical player. Tanase has rythim, Stancu was very dangerous Monday night, and Kapetanos is very usefull upfront.When it comes to Euro games, don't look at the games from the Romanian league, because they are totally different. If the stadium will be full, then i see value even on Steaua-1EH at 2.87 (Bet365) 8/10

For me it's a no bet game, it could go either way.If Timisoara will score an early goal then it will be an interesting match.I'm from Romania, not a Timisoara fan, i'm just presenting some facts that could influence the way the game goes. Also Tevez said at the conference that it's hard to be motivated after the World Cup.It's all about how City will take the game.In my opinion they will take the game easy and underestimate the Romanians, so they could be in for a surprise. There are to many stars in the Citizens team, to many new players and they are simply NOT a team, but simply "stars". At these odds on City, a big NO BET.
Personally I think that City have alot of new players in the squad that are fighting for positions wiht last years recruits. So I don't think its a case of the City players mind set as coming over for a kick about. They have to Perform and hit the ground running as that's what will be expected of them. City will or should have a Very good side out tonight I would imagine as they don't have any average players anymore. I understand what your saying but don't think City will be taking this Easy. City have Liverpool at the weekend, so maybe the manager might not demand too much here tonight but I would imagine with the squad they have, players will be fighting for places and they will be looking to impress.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August Debrecen - FC Litex Lovech - 1 @ 2.20 Litex travel to Hungary without their key players Doka Madureira - midfielder, Bodurov and Nikolov - c. defenders and sold their captain and best player Ivelin Popov to Blackburn today. Players seem quite unconfident, saying there is a second game in Lovech, which is not a good sign. Home win for me.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August Sibir vs PSV Two teams in complete opposite patches of form. PSV have won their two opening games of the season, scoring a massive 9 in the process, after a great pre-season. Sibir on the other hand have lost their last 4 games, and only got to this stage on away goals. This is a decent PSV team, the likes of Afellay, Engelaar, Lens, Salcido etc. are top players and far too good for the russians who play their 5 in match in 17 days. PSV -1 @ 7/4 - 3.5pts PSV win @ 8/15 - 5pts

Rapid Wien v Aston Villa Can't believe the odds on this game for Wien, another case of English bookies over-rating foreign teams I think! This is a repeat of the game last year, at the same stage, where Wien beat Villa at home, 1-0. First off, Villa have a host of absent players. The obvious one is Milner who has left for Man City, whilst Richard Dunne is suspended and John Carew, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Carlos Cuellar and James Collins are injured and Stiliyan Petrov, Luke Young and Ashley Young are rested. That leaves them very light both attacking and defensively, missing lots of key players. Wien are not a bad side and have been in decent form, winning their last 4 games. They have a strong home record, losing only 3 times in their last 30 home games, and although the Austrian league is not the strongest, it's still a fairly decent level. I think the bookies have got this massively wrong and it's one of my strongest bets so far this season (now watch this lose :lol) Rapid Wien win @ 15/8 - 8pts - StanJames
Totally agree, have placed my biggest wager on Vienna DNB 2.1 (Boyle), but also have the Vienna straight win..the Villa fans are a bit pissed off about the squad going over there considering they have paid upwards of £250 to get there and back..pray to God that Heskey starts! Going to be a popular betting game today I think..

Sibir vs PSV Two teams in complete opposite patches of form. PSV have won their two opening games of the season, scoring a massive 9 in the process, after a great pre-season. Sibir on the other hand have lost their last 4 games, and only got to this stage on away goals. This is a decent PSV team, the likes of Afellay, Engelaar, Lens, Salcido etc. are top players and far too good for the russians who play their 5 in match in 17 days. PSV -1 @ 7/4 - 3.5pts PSV win @ 8/15 - 5pts
Salcido and Afellay are still in Holland. Probably watching it on TV mate..

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August Dundee utd v AEK Athens - AEK 0 AH @ 1.7 Labrokes Think AEK look well over priced currently @ 2.46 on Betfair, but i'm still treading very carefully with it being so early in the season so will go with the safer asian line. Tannadice will be rocking tonight, but that will not faze AEK and as the game progresses i fancy they will silence the home crowd. The fact of the matter is, that the Greek team are in a different class from Utd. Technically superior, they keep and move the ball around very well and i can see them really frustrating the home team tonight, creating plenty of chances in the process. AEK's vast recent european experience compared Utd's will also be a factor. This will be Houston's first experience managing in Europe, and whilst they will be very determined and certainly won't make it easy for the Greeks, the class of the away team will be good enough to get a positive result tonight.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August Rapid Vienna v Aston Villa - Rapid Vienna DNB @2.1 888sport 10/10 Rapid Vienna @ 2.88 Betfair 5/10 Just saw the Villa squad and couldn't get on this quick enough. Villa got a very good result at the weekend but the recent upheaval in their talisman James Milner leaving and Martin O'Neill could hit home tonight. They have a very large injury list to key defenders such as Cuellar, Collins and Richard Dunne. Up front their options are limited to players like Heskey with Agbonlahor and Carew injured while Ashley Young and experienced Stilian Petrov and Luke Young have all been rested. It doesn't bode well for the Villains and has been pointed out this was a side that knocked Villa out over 2 legs last year so are no mugs. I saw them against Celtic last season and they were a decent side, they went 3-0 up against us early on in Vienna before we came back to level 3-3 in a crazy game but by that time both teams were out. They are a decent side with a good home record and the price looks excellent against an inexperienced Villa side- just look what happened to Spurs the other night and that was an experienced side. 11/10 DNB looks a cracking bet here.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August ok im going to shoot myself in the foot and back sibar on the AH + 1.0 @ 1.9 on betfair. my reason are trips to russia are not nice for any side, and they also play on an artificial pitch, it took spurz 45 to get used to..and hopefully sibar can keep it tight and psv will take a draw.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August possible line-ups for tonight at the match between Steaua and Grasshoppers : 12. Tătăruşanu - 3. Ifeany Emeghara, 4. Abrudan, 23. Geraldo, 14. Latovlevici - 5. D. Stoica, 26. Bicfalvi - 8. Răduţ, 28. B. Stancu, 10. Cr. Tănase - 9. Kapetanos (4-2-3-1) 1. Konig - 3. Menezes, 4. Vallori, 6. Smiljanici, 2. Voser - 35. Salatici - 9. Lang, 28. Toko, 15. Cabanas, 31. Zuber - 11. Rennella this is a very good line-up for Steaua, D.Stoica is very usefull also in atack, Tanase is good with both feet and has creativity; B.Stancu scored 2 goals Monday night against Victoria Branesti.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August SIBIR - PSV Well, here I am after a long summer break.To be honest, I've been studying this match for almost 3 hours, reading official web sites, press conferences itc. Conclusion? There is something fishy going on here. First of all: THE ODD'S !!! Unless betting is turned in some twisted universe while I was gone during the break or bookie's are challenging us to take ''the gift''...I have in my local's [email protected], and for hcp(1:0) [email protected], and those odd's are telling us something. There is no way you can compare the last team of Russian premier along with Dutch and give odd's like that. After all, Sibir is last in their national competition, without win for a few round's (last round lost 4:2 VS Nalchik) and for the Dutchman's...well they just started their national competition and they ragged over their opponent's, scoring 9 goal's in 2 matche's which is excellent for their form. So this is 0:1 for Dutches. I have read that Affelay, Salcido and another guy stayed at home to watch the match on TV..funny...so they should be wekakened, cause if you miss 3 player's of 11 it is a blow no matter what, cause they are not playing VS kindergarden. From my point of wiew it is 1:1 at this level. Long trip to the end of the world and time zone....I love this one...Dutches are man of flesh and blood and they are not alien's, OK they won't die but it should put some question's over their performance, also we have artificial turf here, could that help the Russians...maybe...maybe not, but taking it all together I would say that's at least 1,5:1 for Russians now. Big number law...I really like that one...Russian's didn't beat anyone for some time...well..I think that this is great opportunity, they do know that their chances are low, but ball is round and everything can happen, there should be fan's to support them. Taking all this into count my bet will be: SIBIR-PSV [email protected] SIBIR-PSV HT/FT 1/[email protected] SIBIR-PSV CS 1:[email protected] 10 E stake on each bet.............GL to all of ya...smile.gif

SIBIR - PSV Well, here I am after a long summer break.To be honest, I've been studying this match for almost 3 hours, reading official web sites, press conferences itc. Conclusion? There is something fishy going on here. First of all: THE ODD'S !!! Unless betting is turned in some twisted universe while I was gone during the break or bookie's are challenging us to take ''the gift''...I have in my local's [email protected], and for hcp(1:0) [email protected], and those odd's are telling us something. There is no way you can compare the last team of Russian premier along with Dutch and give odd's like that. After all, Sibir is last in their national competition, without win for a few round's (last round lost 4:2 VS Nalchik) and for the Dutchman's...well they just started their national competition and they ragged over their opponent's, scoring 9 goal's in 2 matche's which is excellent for their form. So this is 0:1 for Dutches. I have read that Affelay, Salcido and another guy stayed at home to watch the match on TV..funny...so they should be wekakened, cause if you miss 3 player's of 11 it is a blow no matter what, cause they are not playing VS kindergarden. From my point of wiew it is 1:1 at this level. Long trip to the end of the world and time zone....I love this one...Dutches are man of flesh and blood and they are not alien's, OK they won't die but it should put some question's over their performance, also we have artificial turf here, could that help the Russians...maybe...maybe not, but taking it all together I would say that's at least 1,5:1 for Russians now. Big number law...I really like that one...Russian's didn't beat anyone for some time...well..I think that this is great opportunity, they do know that their chances are low, but ball is round and everything can happen, there should be fan's to support them. Taking all this into count my bet will be: SIBIR-PSV [email protected] SIBIR-PSV HT/FT 1/[email protected] SIBIR-PSV CS 1:[email protected] 10 E stake on each bet.............GL to all of ya...smile.gif
It's all good analysing but the most important point you missed is that Sibir sold their captain Medvedev to Rubin. He was their top scorer last year as well as this year. Sure there are other guys who can score as well but just think of the guys for PSV who are going to start instead of Affelay and Salcido. They'll perhaps play with more motivation than either of the two superstars combined. There's a gulf of class between the two sides and I'm happy to take the Dutch on a straight win. Sorry mate but I just don't agree with the time difference. These are professional footballers who keep their bodies in pristine conditions so time isn't a big factor for me. It could well be a bookie trap but I'm happy to gamble here! :tongue2

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August Fenerbahçe will be without Emre, Stoch, Dia. These are 3 important players who plays in the first 11. Niang is ready but i dont know if he is in starting 11. Fenerbahçe is not ready and lack of attack power. Fenerbahçe beat Antalyaspor in the league game but Antalya is very weak so do not consider this. Paok at home is very strong with their supporters. They get 2 defeat and 15 wins in 17 league matches last year. No doubt that stadium will be full. PAOK wins @2.35 5/10 betsson Under 2.5. goals @ 1.72 6/10 betsson correct score 1-0 @6.25 2/10 betsson

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August @ Sibir-PSV match Yes they are playing at artificial grass. Somebody wrote that it was raining, that could be bad for the over bet, i didnt not take that in to consideration unfortunately. However, the over bet should still be value. The game starts in 5 minutes. Lets get some goals :clap

It's all good analysing but the most important point you missed is that Sibir sold their captain Medvedev to Rubin. He was their top scorer last year as well as this year. Sure there are other guys who can score as well but just think of the guys for PSV who are going to start instead of Affelay and Salcido. They'll perhaps play with more motivation than either of the two superstars combined. There's a gulf of class between the two sides and I'm happy to take the Dutch on a straight win. Sorry mate but I just don't agree with the time difference. These are professional footballers who keep their bodies in pristine conditions so time isn't a big factor for me. It could well be a bookie trap but I'm happy to gamble here! :tongue2
I always say that different opinion's are good for betting, I did not questioned quality gap between them, cause it is obvious, but it is 90 minutes of play that will show who is better in this match, so as 90 minutes in Eindhoven, and I forgot match VS AZ this weekend....I think PSV won't push so much....even a loss by one goal won't be the end of the world for them, knowing what are they capable to do them in Eindhoven....

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 19th August CELTIC V.S. UTRECHT - CELTIC -0.75 @ 1.90 ladbrokes Quite a straight forward game for me. Its a champions league team v.s. a europa league team for me. Besides, its at Celtic's home ground. With their superior home advantage, i think this should be an easy Celtic win. 1-0 or 2-0 for me. LIVERPOOL V.S. TRABZONSPOR - LIVERPOOL -1.75 @ 2.00 ladbrokes Liverpool has a big match this coming monday against Man City. I can see Liverpool trying to end this game before half time, probably to the tune of 2-0. Dont be surprised to see Torres featured tonight, to test his fitness level. CSKA MOSCOW V.S. ANORTHOSIS - CSKA MOSCOW -1.5 @ 1.875 ladbrokes Good news for CSKA Moscow, most of their stars are staying for at least a season. On the other corner, Anorthosis's defence has been horrible. I will think a scoreline of 2-0 or 3-0 be showing up at the end of this match.

Oh crap..from the BBC.. 'Meanwhile, Rangers target Nikica Jelavic has been omitted from the Rapid Vienna squad ahead of the Europa League clash with Aston Villa' Big blow for us..:(
Yes, this is news that has just came in a few hours ago. Hours before the big game. He has now turnt his back on Rapid. His agent must have told him of an offer.

Rapid Vienna v Aston Villa - Rapid Vienna DNB @2.1 888sport 10/10 Rapid Vienna @ 2.88 Betfair 5/10 Just saw the Villa squad and couldn't get on this quick enough. Villa got a very good result at the weekend but the recent upheaval in their talisman James Milner leaving and Martin O'Neill could hit home tonight. They have a very large injury list to key defenders such as Cuellar, Collins and Richard Dunne. Up front their options are limited to players like Heskey with Agbonlahor and Carew injured while Ashley Young and experienced Stilian Petrov and Luke Young have all been rested. It doesn't bode well for the Villains and has been pointed out this was a side that knocked Villa out over 2 legs last year so are no mugs. I saw them against Celtic last season and they were a decent side, they went 3-0 up against us early on in Vienna before we came back to level 3-3 in a crazy game but by that time both teams were out. They are a decent side with a good home record and the price looks excellent against an inexperienced Villa side- just look what happened to Spurs the other night and that was an experienced side. 11/10 DNB looks a cracking bet here.
Rapid's main striker Jelavic has withdrawn from the squad with a transfer away form the club imminent. He was their main man in Europe last season so he'll be a big loss.

Sibir Novosibirsk - PSV Eindhoven over 2.5 @ 2.05 TAB
BATE Borisov - Maritimo over 2.5 @ 2.19 pinnacle Borisov are in the qualifying round for the Europa League after getting knocked out of the Champions League qualifiers. They generally play well at home and will be expected to put up a good performance against Maritimo who in their 4 games so far in the EL qualifiers have scored at least 2 goals in each game and conceded at least once. They have not only scored at least twice in the away games of these qualifiers but also in their previous two friendlies that they played on the road, so they are team that can score, but also one that does concede too. Like the look of goals in this game CSKA Moscow - Anorthosis Famagusta over 2.5 @ 1.80 Tab Big class difference here with CSKA much the better side as the likes of Love and Tosic here should be able to score on a Anorthosis defence that allowed 2 goals against an ordinary Sibenik. CSKA will be helped by the fact that the visitors do like to play an expansive game and will attack as they have shown that they can score in theor previous qualifying games. Like them to score here as CSKA have allowed a goal in 2 of their last 3 home games in the Russian League while the home team should be able to score at least 2 goals on Anorthosis Paris St Germain - Maccabi Tel Aviv over 2.5 @ 1.96 pinnacle PSG started their French campaign with a good 3-1 win at home to St Etienne and they had scored in each of their previous 4 friendlies at home. They are likely to be too strong for Maccabi Tel Aviv but there are good odds for the over considering that the away side did lose both of their away games in the previous Europa League qualifiers 2-1 to Olympiacos and Mogren Budva, while they also scored against both teams in the return leg at home. So they can score and would not be surprised they do so here as the French are likely to underestimate them, given the difference in talent between the two sides and they have a game against Bordaux on the weekend Rapid Vienna - Aston Villa over 2.5 @ 1.96 pinnacle Villa are going into this game with a number of players out. Dunne is suspended while Carew, Agbonlahor, Cuellar and Collins are injured. Also Petrov, Luke Young and Ashley Young are rested as they visit Newcastle on the weekend so they are going to face a huge challenge here. Still they have some talented youngsters and Rapid have been allowing goals in the previous qualifying games and in their home games in the Austrian Bundesliga. However with a sell out crowd the home fans will be looking for a win here once again just like last year. Though they won 1-0 last year, expect the home team to be more adventurous given that they know that Villa will strengthen their side for the return leg and they will need to take advantage of this in this first leg. Can see both teams scoring and with either side getting the third to send it over Slovan Bratislava - Stuttgart over 2.5 @ 1.84 pinnacle Both sides scored and conceded in both legs of the previous round of the Europa League qualifiers and believe it will continue here again. Slovan Bratislava have been scoring goals in their domestic league while Stuttgart have been scoring but alarmingly conceding quite a few goals in their friendlies, and with players like Boulahrouz in defence then it is no wonder that is the case. Cacau and Pogrebnyak are good players up front for Stuttgart so can see both teams scoring here, while Slovan Bratislava will then look to score at least another goal to tkae that into the return leg Steaua Bucharest - Zurich Grasshoppers over 2.5 @ 2.01 Steaua Bucharest have scored and conceded in each of their 4 games in the Romanian league with both home games going over. Grasshoppers have scored in 4 of their 5 games in the Swiss League but have conceded in every one of them, with their last 2 away games going over. With neither side able to keep clean sheets, but have been finding the back of the net, then not only does it look for both teams to score, but also that each team is likely to also score again PAOK Salonica - Fenerbahce over 2.5 @ 2.20 Like PAOK chances of scoring here as they had a 3-3 draw at home with Ajax and drew 1-1 away to them in the first leg of the Champions League qualifiers. Even more so if impressive Uruguayan defender Lugano is out, who may be transferred to an Italian club. Fenerbahce too can score as they drew 2-2 away to Young Boys in the Champions League qualifiers. Plenty of rivalry between these two sides given their Greek and Turkish background so expect both sides to go out for the win and take an advantage into the second leg, as like both sides to score in this game Getafe - Apoel Nicosia over 2.5 @ 2.01 pinnacle Getafe has been scoring in their friendlies as they prepare for the start to their dometic season but worrying for them is the amount of goals they have conceded, as they have allowed goals in their last 5 friendlies. And while they are a better side than Apoel, they cannot underestimate them who have scored 3 goals in 3 of the 4 previous Europa League qualifiers so they can score goals. Can see the trend continue of both teams scoring goals to lead to the over coming in Liverpool - Trabzonspor under 2.5 @ 2.18 pinnacle Liverpool were very solid defensively in their 1-1 draw with Arsenal on the weekend and doubt that the visitors will score on them at Anfield. They beat Rabotnicki Skopje 2-0 in each of the legs as the defence was rarely threatened. More than likely Trabzonspor will come with a defensive attitude as they have been very solid at the back in their preseason friendlies as well as in their opening game in the Turkish league that they won 2-0. Liverpool will probably not play Torres or some of their other players with the game against Man City likely to be much more on their mind. Can see this being a low scoring game Sturm Graz - Juventus under 2.5 @ 1.85 pinnacle Juventus are still preparing for their Serie A season to start so they will continue their preparation and look not to concede here. They did not concede in both legs against Shamrock Rovers and believe they will have the same mentality going into this game. Sturm Graz beat Dinamo Tbilisi 2-0 at home and drew 1-1 away while also going under in both of their home games in the Austrian Bundesliga. They kept a clean sheet in one of these game while getting shut out in the other. Juventus will be happy to take a point into the second leg so doubt that they will go all out to get a goal, focusing more on not conceding while Graz will also look to ensure that they do not concede as it will be difficult to break down this Juventus defence

Rapid's main striker Jelavic has withdrawn from the squad with a transfer away form the club imminent. He was their main man in Europe last season so he'll be a big loss.
Yeah saw this on a Celtic forum about half an hour after I placed my bet, ah well he is a good player but maybe his head would have been elsewhere. Still fancy Rapid