** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Best Bet Of The Day 26th July

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 26th July 3.15 Yarmouth No Poppy is trying 7F for the first time and that could be the answer as her pedigree suggests that she needs at least that distance. Not a great draw here however she might be able to get out quickly and race with the pace. Definitely looks overpriced at 12s so I'm going to take her for at least a place to stop my bad run. 0.5Pts E/W 12/1 Bet365

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 26th July 20:55 Uttoxeter I like the chances of Chord and think he's over-priced. Never won over hurdles which is perhaps my biggest concern but was extremely competitive when with Donald McCain, his best runs in Juvenile Novice hurdling company, where he finished second twice. For those runs, was given a pretty harsh mark it has to be said, and whilst not been stuffed out of sight in many of his runs, except those in listed company, he has slowly dropped to a mark of 94, from an opening mark of 127. Only had one run for Simon Earle, and that was a third in an Amatuers riders contest. Interesting he brings Chord here, a course where he has a 30% S/R over the past 5 seasons and when teaming up with Andrew Thornton, they have a 2/2 record of 100%. Price of 15/2 is value I feel. EW @ 7/1 Stan James BOG

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 26th July 2:30 Landucci @ Wolverhampton - Course and distance winner who likes the all weather courses.Unseated the rider LTO but is on the same mark of 65 as last 2 runs,that other run it finished 3rd of 13 at Kempton.Comes from a small stable and the jockey Anthony Freeman usually rides on the jumps but does claim 7lb.Looks like great E/W value @ 16/1. 0.5pt E/W @ 16/1 VCbet

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 26th July

3:45 Yarmouth - Wake Up Call - Back Looks like a horse going the right way does this lad. I napped him lto when he won nicely at this track and it looks like he could be a bit in front of the handicapper. Should be able to follow up here with seemingly only Soviet Secet to beat 1pt win @ 11/8 WilliamHill BOG
sorry for being annoying but how much is your 1pt worth in terms of money?

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 26th July SOCCEROO 2.15 Yarmouth. 1 point win. Needs to find a bit more on what he's been showing, but this race will be easier than last time and that can give him the confidence he needs to go a step further. The trip and ground shouldn't be a concern and I like the fact there should be a decent early pace. Around 20/1 and well worth a pop.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 26th July MAJESTATIC 2.30 Wolverhampton. 1 point win. Lightly raced and open to improvement, and although last time's form isn't good, he was cut up during that race and so capable of much better. The trip and surface wouldn't be a worry and drops to a mark of 63, and so I think he can run a big race at a big price.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 26th July Wolves 3.00: Trade Centre 1pt win @ 14/1 Bet365 BOG If last two runs over longer trip than ideal can be overlooked then the horse was in pretty decent form from higher marks than this. Has won over this trip so return to 7f looks ideal, has won from 7lbs higher than this in the past and in a wide open handicap here has have sound claims from decent draw IMO.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 26th July 625 Utt: 89 Halling Gal, 83 Basford Tara, 82 Riverscape Riverscape is odds on here after two wins in similar company and a fifth last time in a decent race at Sligo, double penalty is the obvious worry but this is a poor race. Washango won after a long lay off but the race was dire and will need to improve again while Basford Tara is capable but not one to trust after downing tools last time. The interesting one is Halling Gal, won very easily on debut and then ran in a class 2 at Cheltenham and not disgraced, next time at Ffos Las ran no sort of race and was heavily eased when beaten, had 3 months off and if back to her best could be a danger to the fav. Bet; 625 Utt: Halling Gal EW (6/1 Bet 365 bog)

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 26th July PIAZZA SAN PIETRO - YARMOUTH 4-45 I cant believe the current price of 7/1 with StanJames about this horse who in my opinion should be around the 3/1 mark. Yes the horse is up in grade but the way it won its last race really impressed me , won by 1/2 a length but bear in mind it found a lot of trouble in the race and i feel is deserved of a 2 and a 1/2 length win due to that. Is now back at its best trip under a very strong jockey in a finish Joe Fanning , is still improving. Has not been out of first 3 in past 7 starts and this race has 8 runners , a perfect e/w race. Im baffled with the price so an e/w bet for me. PIAZZA SAN PIETRO E/W @ 7/1 (STANJAMES) ;)

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 26th July Yarmouth 16:45 - Rough Rock 1pt win @ 11/1 VCBet BOG Loves this C&D. Four of his five wins have came at the track, three at the distance. It could be that the penalty and the step in class is to much for him but he is worth a try at the price.

3:45 Yarmouth - Wake Up Call - Back Looks like a horse going the right way does this lad. I napped him lto when he won nicely at this track and it looks like he could be a bit in front of the handicapper. Should be able to follow up here with seemingly only Soviet Secet to beat 1pt win @ 11/8 WilliamHill BOG
Very well done sir... :clap

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 26th July 4.45 Yarmouth - Imprimis Tagula - 5/1 PP Still lightly raced on turf and has been running well so far this year. Won well 2 starts ago over this trip at Hamilton and is only 4lb higher than that. Ran on Saturday over 7f finishing midfield, has always been better over 6f so return to this trip should help. Has ran well before when being turned out quickly after a previous run and has won on good to firm ground before. Piazza San Pietro main danger.

PIAZZA SAN PIETRO - YARMOUTH 4-45 I cant believe the current price of 7/1 with StanJames about this horse who in my opinion should be around the 3/1 mark. Yes the horse is up in grade but the way it won its last race really impressed me , won by 1/2 a length but bear in mind it found a lot of trouble in the race and i feel is deserved of a 2 and a 1/2 length win due to that. Is now back at its best trip under a very strong jockey in a finish Joe Fanning , is still improving. Has not been out of first 3 in past 7 starts and this race has 8 runners , a perfect e/w race. Im baffled with the price so an e/w bet for me. PIAZZA SAN PIETRO E/W @ 7/1 (STANJAMES) ;)
Good start! :ok

MAJESTATIC 2.30 Wolverhampton. 1 point win. Lightly raced and open to improvement' date= and although last time's form isn't good, he was cut up during that race and so capable of much better. The trip and surface wouldn't be a worry and drops to a mark of 63, and so I think he can run a big race at a big price.
That's not annoying, it's a good question. This thread is part of a competition where we get 1pt per day for 1 bet. So 1pt equates to no set monetary value. In terms of real life I would stake according to how much I fancied the horse. I try to post my write ups in a way that convey how confident I am but it doesn't always come across. I hope that answers part of the question. How come you ask?

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 26th July Galway 8-35 Charlie swan's gelding has only had the 2 runs so far and should be fitter for today's race, he was a beaten fav last time out but still ran a good race coming home 5th, Nina carberry was in the plate 1st time out and again came home 5th, she stay's loyal for today and she should be in with a chance of running a place for trainer Charile Swan. 8-35 Galway - Nordic Hawk -0.5 e/w bet.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 26th July 7.40 Windsor LUCKY LEIGH - Mick Channon has had winner recently to suggest the fine is okay to follow. The horse brought up the field at Yarm last time out but prior to that had gone close off this sort mark. Has won off higher at Lingfield in the past so think she could be weighted to run a big race for the Cat. 20/1 Coral, 1 pt win.

That's not annoying' date=' it's a good question. This thread is part of a competition where we get 1pt per day for 1 bet. So 1pt equates to no set monetary value. In terms of real life I would stake according to how much I fancied the horse. I try to post my write ups in a way that convey how confident I am but it doesn't always come across. I hope that answers part of the question. How come you ask?[/quote'] Sorry quoted wrong post

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 26th July 740 Windsor - Freddies girl 0.5pts ew @ sp With the fav there to be shot at carrying burden of top weight decided to go for this selection. Hasn't been disgraced in recent starts on all-weather in or around this mark so has every chance tonight.Going shouldn't be a problem as raced on it as a 2yo,slight concern is it hasn't raced on it since making handicap debut. Familiar jockey on board and looks good ew value considering the field doesn't look that strong.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 26th July 8:05 Galway - Notalossonya - 1pt @ 9/1 (VC - BOG) Beat a couple of decent sorts last time out on handicap debut, looks to have the potential to do better and may be in with a shout here. Lorden on board and he gave a great ride last time out and a 3lb rise in the weights looks fair. Could be in with a decent shout at around 12/1+

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 26th July Cheers Aidy and a fine start for yourself PIAZZA SAN PIETRO - YARMOUTH 4-45 I cant believe the current price of 7/1 with StanJames about this horse who in my opinion should be around the 3/1 mark. Yes the horse is up in grade but the way it won its last race really impressed me , won by 1/2 a length but bear in mind it found a lot of trouble in the race and i feel is deserved of a 2 and a 1/2 length win due to that. Is now back at its best trip under a very strong jockey in a finish Joe Fanning , is still improving. Has not been out of first 3 in past 7 starts and this race has 8 runners , a perfect e/w race. Im baffled with the price so an e/w bet for me. PIAZZA SAN PIETRO E/W @ 7/1 (StanJames) ;)