** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis - 5-11 July

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 5-11 July

Schnyder to beat Hercog @ 9/10 (Stan James:5/10)
WIN......Hercog really should hve won this but as I wrote yesterday she can beat herself in these matches.....she's lost a few 3 setters against good players when she was in the ascendancy. Anyway, no complaints from me.....girl has talent and a good future on this surface no doubt. Well played Psycho.....:)....great day for you!

Re: Tennis - 5-11 July Here's what I've got for today's WTA matches... Gisela Dulko +4.5 (Asian Handicap) against Aravane Rezai. 1.89 @ Pinnacle (10/10) My first idea was to try have a crack at Dulko win but then I saw handicap offer. Decent stuff offered. Like I said before I tend not to go against players who how saved match points at any stage of the tournament and Dulko is the case this week in Bastad. I thing she actually has got great shot at winning the title because her game has all that is needed to win. Rezai of course has got huge power but on the other hand she usually makes tons of unforced errors and that has been the case this week as well. Although she won 6-3, 6-3 against Safarova it was not a straight forward win as someone might think. Dulko has beaten Rezai both times they played and should be able to cover at least this 4.5 games handicap! Agnes Szavay to beat Alexandra Dulgheru. 2.20 @VCBet (7/10) Szavay is a defending champion here and playing at home. You couldn't ask for more, really... She is yet to drop a set and despite some poor moments has come through her matches and will be fresher for this semifinal as she played just 16 games yesterday beating Cornet by 6-3, 6-1. Dulgheru who on paper is just a little bit better player has played couple three setters in previous rounds and will be exhausted. She looked dead after losing first set yesterday but survived tough match against Sevastova coming back from 2-5 in the third set. Not sure she will have enough left in the tank to last this match, especially in very hot conditions. There might be a retirement as well, although Dulgheru is not a quitter you just never know... Szavay win for me here! Patty Schnyder -3.5 (Asian Handicap) against Zuzana Ondraskova. 1.80 @ Pinnacle (10/10) We could see the repeat of the last year's final in a Szavay - Schnyder rematch. Schnyder should be able to advance to the final without any problems. Ondraskova has played 6 matches already this week comparing to just 3 of Pattay. Besides Ondraskova had very demanding 3 hour match against Garrigues and surely will be very tired. Shcnyder will wear her down with her smart tennis and this match looks like a no contest to me.

Re: Tennis - 5-11 July Agnes Szavay @ 2.00 Expekt Have to go against one of my favourite players here. Szavay as a home player should be a favourite and especially because of what he showed so far. Didn't expect Dulgheru to struggle that much in last few rounds and it looks like she's out of fuel. In normal conditions, on clay, my pick would always be Romanian girl but this time i think she won't make it. Btw this will be their first h2h meeting.

Re: Tennis - 5-11 July Youzhny / 1.86 / Betfair This match will probably decide who will advance cause Davy will hardly lose to Schwank after yesterdays embarassement against Bandy. Nalbandian was, and still is, one of my favourite players. You can't deny his talent but he's not dedicated to tennis anymore and some occassional flashes are his limit. He plays rarely, don't really know why they picked his to play for Argentina but he won Davydenko in day one. Still, Davy is also a player who lacks match practice and who's not 100% in the game. I always considered Youzhny as a solid indoors player, he has his limits but those limits are high enough for beating Nalbandian today. Plus, don't forget that crowd will give him a push in important moments, so Youzhny should take this. GL. :hope

Re: Tennis - 5-11 July :hopecouldnt agree more with your selection Corinthian, Nalbandian is my favourite player hes the only guy 2 beat federer and nadal twice in one year, he was a star, but injuries have ruined him and youzhny should account for him on 1 of his preferred surface

Re: Tennis - 5-11 July It doesn't look very promising... anyway what do you think guys about Rochus vs. Fish tonight? Rochus hasn't lost a set yet and H2H is 1:1 so why is Fish such a big favourite here? Nevertheless I think over 21.5/22.5 is nice deal since both their matches were very tight. The last one won Rochus 6:7, 7:6, 7:6. :hope