** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD - Sat 3rd July

2.35 Sandown Opus Maximus comes here in good form after his win at Chester last week and Charlie Cool has been rejuvenated of late and comes here in seach of the fourtimer. Acrostic attempts to win the race for successive seasons and Greyfriarschorista has chances again raced in handicaps after a decent Ascot performance last time out. It looks a really competitive race overall, but I'd be surprised if ORATORY could not improve beyond his present mark under Richard Hannon. He was only narrowly touched off at York on his latest start and shapes as if this step back in trip should suit. Eyecatching booking of Jonny Murtagh, could go well. 9/1 Ladbrokes, 1 pt win.

Re: BBOTD - Sat 3rd July 325 Haydock: Fiery Lad EW (20/1 SJ, VC bog) Very competative handicap and a bit of a chance taken on Fiery Lad, won well at Epsom and then watched him closely next time at Ascot where he got no run at all and Fallon didnt try to improve his position once in the open. May get a more sympathetic ride today from JP and think he has every chance of staying this extra distance and getting in the frame.

Re: BBOTD - Sat 3rd July 8.25 CARLISLE STEVIE GEE 16/1 0.5 E/W WH Wow what a big price for a horse that has an outstanding chance in this IMO. Very well handicaped at present. Needs to have a few of runs back from a spell under it to show best form so its runs in may & june will have done the world of good. CD winner here off 80 on this ground. Really fancy this horse to go very close at what looks a massive e/w price tat won't last.

Re: BBOTD - Sat 3rd July 16:35 Edge Closer Not won since Aug 08 but still is 7 from 23. Nowhere in last 2 runs in handicaps. In a conditions stakes class 2 today usually with class 1 Group and Listed company. Acts on going ideal distance and Hughes back on top. 1pt win 6/1

Re: BBOTD - Sat 3rd July 5.45 Haydock Ninth house must have a strong chance taking on several of his younger counterparts, he was extremely unlucky last time out when getting short of room when looking for a run and finished very strongly. Clearly in the right mood at the moment like most of Ruth Carr's runners, still handicapped to go well having won off this mark last season and off a 6lb higher mark on AW, Ahearn replaces an apprentice perhaps to do a slightly better job in the finish maybe! 1pt win ninth house 3/1 vcbet

Re: BBOTD - Sat 3rd July 4:00 haydock - Bated Breath - back Has won both career starts thus far and looks to be on a steep upward curve. Has much more potential than any of these based on all known form and should be able to take this prize nicely on his way through the racing ranks. 10/11 looks a really fair price and he should take the world of beating here 1pt win @ 10/11 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD - Sat 3rd July Almiqdaad Haydock - 3:25 Michael Jarvis trained 4yo gelding. Change of jockey this time with O'Shea in the saddle this time, although he rode him to 2nd place at Ripon in April (2 races ago). Never attempted this distance before but my faith lies in the trainer. Is the only BF taking part :ok

Re: BBOTD - Sat 3rd July Now I've done the yankee, I'll put one up on here too. I l;ike the chances of Second to Nun each-way in the 5.20 at Leicester. 3 ok runs for this new yard and I think he's probably ready to strike now. 16/1 at sportingbet looks a bit big.

Re: BBOTD - Sat 3rd July Sandown 2.00 - Triple Aspect - win at 5/2 BOG with Stan James Goes well here, is the only CD winner in the field and was narrowly pipped in this race last year. There's a couple of speedy types in the field who might just set it up for a late runner. The selection, apart from winning over this CD, gets 6F fair enough, so should be running on at the finish Has the rail draw so might have to come round the field...........I can see this being a bunch finish as i also quite fancy Reignier at big odds to be pouncing from the rear Could be a nail biter............:loon

Re: BBOTD - Sat 3rd July

Sandown 2.00 - Triple Aspect - win at 5/2 BOG with Stan James Goes well here, is the only CD winner in the field and was narrowly pipped in this race last year. There's a couple of speedy types in the field who might just set it up for a late runner. The selection, apart from winning over this CD, gets 6F fair enough, so should be running on at the finish Has the rail draw so might have to come round the field...........I can see this being a bunch finish as i also quite fancy Reignier at big odds to be pouncing from the rear Could be a nail biter............:loon
Was just looking at this race and agree Reignier looks a big price. Has a bit to find on the ratings but has decent form in group 2/3/listed, similar to the others really

Re: BBOTD - Sat 3rd July 3:00 Leicester: Tut 1pt win 100/30 Paddy Power The field has cut up, however Tut looks worth an interest after putting up possibly a career best last time at Pontefract. A reproduction of that effort in similar conditions with Andrew Elliott again taking the ride should see her go close. While Tut has to take on her elders today as opposed to last time, this race is restricted to fillies and mares. Trainer John Weymes has had a winner a second and a third from four runners in the past couple of days so his current form looks good. Tut may have a little more scope for improvement than some of her more exposed rivals.

Re: BBOTD - Sat 3rd July hamish mcgonagall 200 san. 1 pt win. beaten fair and square by the fav last time, but i think today can be plenty different at this track and if ryan moore can get the pace he wants. trip and going ok and i think we will go very close.

Re: BBOTD - Sat 3rd July AL MUHEER 2.35 Sandown. 0.5 points each way. At around 33/1 would be value in my eyes, as although very inconcistent, he does have the ability to go well and does drop to a mark of 101 for this. The trip and ground aren't a concern and I think the race will be run to suit him. Very open on all known bare form and weights combined, so with us at a very tempting 33s and above, I'll have some of it. I'll take the 33/1 from Ladbrokes please Sir BH.

Re: BBOTD - Sat 3rd July Nottingham 19.40 On the piste 1 pt W Will Hill 34.00 Do not start very well the season. As two years old scored 3 wins on 5 furlongs. The question is when the animal will be back on form. Showed some promises in previous race. Loves g/f ground and is very nicely handycaped (now raiting 57, while last winning one was 60 . )

Re: BBOTD - Sat 3rd July Bubbelas 8.55 Carlisle - 7/1 Betfred and Ladbrokes, both BOG Does not have the best record but was a half decent 4th off a rating of 68 and now races off 57. Hinted at some slight ability last time out at Pontefract, will probably want upping in trip soon and interesting to see if they choose to use hold up tactics again tonight as they have not been very successful last few races but the 4th was when it led. Seems to go ok on gd-fm ground and only 3 yr old so may improve a bit over time. (Not the most confident of bets, BBOTD would have been Bated Breath but I forgot to post it up, well done with that one Wizzkid, I mentioned it the other night in the Epsom thread, way too good for handicap company)