The Jockey Thread

Re: The Jockey Thread If you wanted to see 2 completely contrasting rides then compare AP's ride on Synchronised with the tender handling of Bellvano by Paul Carberry in the last race. He was told to hold onto it as long as possible and face getting slated for being too cocky on it, ride it like its a piece of work was mentioned in interviews afterwards. It was travelling well but reportedly finds little when shoved along and would probably not have got a response had it been ridden like Synchronised was. Both winners, both completely different rides.

Re: The Jockey Thread Thought Martin Lane gave the Absent Mare far too much to do. Was a definite eyecatcher today in the 17:20 after "running home with a wet sail" as the commentator put it, but was far too late to even get near the winner having got first run.

Re: The Jockey Thread

I am always one to criticise him' date=' but that was one of the rides of the year.[/quote'] It's interesting (to me anyway lol). Such fine fine margins - we've both commented on what a good ride it was, but he could've timed it a split second differently and lost by a nose, and people'd be saying he fecked it up

It's interesting (to me anyway lol). Such fine fine margins - we've both commented on what a good ride it was' date=' but he could've timed it a split second differently and lost by a nose, and people'd be saying he fecked it up[/quote'] Yes, it is typical Spencer though, no suck thing as a normal good ride, its hero or villain with him... Hero today , villain tomorrow probably.

Re: The Jockey Thread Hilarious! George Gorman missed the last fence in the 5.00 at Newbury and it looked like as he didn't realize the mistake. He even punched in the air after crossing the line as he was obviously very happy with his performance. Brilliant! Ride of the year! :lol But super ride by Paul Hanagan on Prohibition in the last at Lingfield. Great so see him pumped with confidence. Waited patiently for the gap and then steered home his mount. Very, very good ride.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: The Jockey Thread No critics regarding a specific ride but if I see Robert L. Butler I always wonder who (and why) gives him rides? I mean he looks so weak in the finish, similar to a female 7lb apprentice who has the first ride ever. :lol

Anyone see the ride Amy Ryan gave shifting gold at Southwell in the 3.40. Out the back pushing away all the way round, never gave up, penny dropped in the final furlong for the horse, got up in the last few strides. Peach!
I agree Charlie. Also worth mentioning Lucy Alexander on Fred Bojangles, some very capable lady rider's out there at the moment.

Very true' date=' interesting to see how the lady team, led by Hayley Turner, do in that shergar cup thingy.[/quote'] I had Hayley backed today on Abi Scarlet, i sometimes do criticise her, but there is no getting away from the fact she rides a heck of a lot of winners on the AW.... Amy Ryan is very good, Lucy Alexander, even that Miss C Walton, looking at her she is very capable... It is great to see... Speaking of which............ Where the hell is Kirsty Milkshake these days? And Cathy Gannon?

I had Hayley backed today on Abi Scarlet, i sometimes do criticise her, but there is no getting away from the fact she rides a heck of a lot of winners on the AW.... Amy Ryan is very good, Lucy Alexander, even that Miss C Walton, looking at her she is very capable... It is great to see... Speaking of which............ Where the hell is Kirsty Milkshake these days? And Cathy Gannon?
I thought the milkshake got banned along with the others that were banned a while back. Didn't she get about 2 years?

I had Hayley backed today on Abi Scarlet, i sometimes do criticise her, but there is no getting away from the fact she rides a heck of a lot of winners on the AW.... Amy Ryan is very good, Lucy Alexander, even that Miss C Walton, looking at her she is very capable... It is great to see... Speaking of which............ Where the hell is Kirsty Milkshake these days? And Cathy Gannon?
Yes, 2 year ban for Milkshake. Gannon has just returned after breaking leg: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/mar/23/cath-gannon-returns-broken-leg

Sarcasm i gather? Lol
Not at all . I enjoy watching top class jockeys as well as the ones at the bottom of the ladder. Infact sometimes I have a bigger smile on my face when I see the Anne Stokells ,Marc Halford's , Saleem Golam's etc have winners. She is obviously not a top jockey or even one worth following from a punting point of view. However I do applaud her persistence in the sport and it gives hope to the ordinary man in the street that they can achieve what they strive for with determination.