best bet of the day - Sat 12th June

2.05 York The race that opens the card is a race for lady apprentices, in races like this they sometimes ride them poorly, so ANTIGUA SUNRISE makes some appeal as her jockey has recently made it into the winners enclosure. The filly won at Pontefract recently and the form of her last run has been boosted through the winner. 14/1 Bet 365, 1 pt win

Re: best bet of the day - Sat 12th June Same selection as above for me, too, as it happens! My reasoning, however, is somewhat different: Is the only BF in the race and recently this has been proving popular in apprentice race winners. Last ran 7 days ago, so equal quickest race turnaround with Mull Of Dubai. Take a look in my thread on the ATR systems board for more BF selections, today :ok

Re: best bet of the day - Sat 12th June 15:15 York Tim Easterby has been in cracking form lately and he saddles up Midnight Martini in this race. This horse has had a string of great form and progressed really well in 2009 as a 2 year old by notching up a hat-trick at the tail end of the season. Those wins came at Carlisle over 5 furlongs, Thirsk over 5 furlongs (off a mark of 77) and then finally completing the hat-trick over this course and distance off a mark of 84. She ended the season with a very nice 2nd in a group 3 race at Ascot over 6 furlongs. Two runs this season have not been too bad either, was 2nd at Ripon over 6 furlongs on her reappearance off a mark of 92 and then 2nd LTO at this course over 5 furlongs off a mark of 94. Runs off 95 today which is 11lbs higher than her last win but she is entitled to win off this mark, especially since she is still progressing. 8 runs to date and hasn't been unplaced since her 3rd run which was the first time she got her head in front. This is not an easy race by any means and a lot of these have very strong form so the winner could come from one of many. Win Midnight Martini @ 12/1 (ToteSport - BOG)

Re: best bet of the day - Sat 12th June Jewelled 5.35 Bath - 17/2 William Hill (BOG) Course and distance winner, won a class 5 race here 20 days ago and looked to have won with something in hand that day. Raced off 66 then and upped 4lbs to 70 today, has placed off this rating before but never won off it. Was 1st time visored last time out and seemed to have worked wonders on the horses concentration, will be hoping it has same effect today. Seb Sanders takes the ride, he has 13 winners from the last 14 days and a 22% strike rate and he was also on board last time out. I expected to see about 3-1/4-1 for this horse so think this price is too big. No problems with ground or trip, won over 1m on firm last time out, strong possibility of a win today and 17/2 is a gift.

Re: best bet of the day - Sat 12th June 340 Hexham : Patriot (9/1 SJ) Cant see why this is as big as 9/1, only 7 runners so will go for the win bet. Been knocking at the door in novice races and not disgraced, finally won last time over C/D and has run ok in the soft before. He was heavily backed last time and has showed improved form since stepping up in trip. On a fair mark and may have more to offer. The opposition are all pretty exposed and a couple of the fancied ones hve been going over further. On a poor jumping card this will do for me.

Re: best bet of the day - Sat 12th June 2.55 Sandown Crown choice has continued to run well since winning on polytrack 3 starts ago at kempton off a mark of 91, rated 88 on turf and ran out a good enough 3rd last time out at newmarket, the chance of getting more cover and going round a bend again should all be in his favour! The other interest has to be coasting, who was nothing but impressive when winning on first start for 1007 days at Newmarket, still very lightly raced and clearly going the right way up 6lb looks fair and Moore rides today and could be hard to be if as progressive as first thought! 1pt win Coasting 9/2 hills

Re: best bet of the day - Sat 12th June BH, please don't panic when you see this!! It's not a typo and yes I am napping a non-favourite (might be the 1st time this year!!) 1:45 Sandown - Nazreef - Back Ok, so it's rare that my nap is a non-favourite, but I think this one has a huge chance. He won at this Class 3 lto (same class today) and was value for a fair bit further as he got lonely out in front and didn't totally focus when hit the front. The favourite has to be feared but I don't ever remember a 7+ month absence being a positive sign. If he is right he'll be bang there, but he may well just need the run before going on to bigger and better things. Beachfire being 2nd fave is based on connections alon as his form doesn't justify it. Nazreef's form is on sand so the surface is the only questionable area, but if he translates his form he has a massive chance at a relatively huge price 1pt win @ 7/2 Bet365 BOG

Re: best bet of the day - Sat 12th June SIBERIAN TIGER 2.05 York. 0.5 points each way. I like the look of this one today, despite it being a ladies race (sorry girls, but you know what I mean). Most recent flat form is poor, but has recently been over hurdles and shown form that's good enough to suggest he can go well if showing his best flat form, which going by recently, he could well do. The trip and ground's not a concern and with getting in off a mark of 95, it's all in place for a big run. Emily Jones decent enough in this type of race, so at decent odds too, it'll do for me. I'll take the 16/1 with Skybet, if you don't mind Sir Graham.

Re: best bet of the day - Sat 12th June 6:30 Leicester - Amitola - 1pt @ 9/2 (Boylesports - BOG) Hammered rivals on debut over 6f winning by 6 lengths, Went into a listed event next time out and performed respectively coming 5th of 12 and only 4.5 lengths away from the winner, Lots of room for improvement and this race looks winnable off this mark if handling the drop to 5f. Shaped as if 5f would suit last time. Half brother to the useful Damika who won a few weeks ago in a similar event to this. Very well bred and has one of my favorite sprint jockeys on board, Philip Makin. Trained by my favorite trainer also, And hopefully The Barron will have this fellow well tuned up for this after a 225 day break, It's the only horse David Barron is sending to Leicester so hopefully he sees it as an ideal chance to get a win in a decent race under his belt. He's the least exposed out of this lot, Has room for lots of potential and if handling the drop in trip I think he has a decent chance. Monsieur Joe is the main danger for me, Well drawn and was unlucky last time when becoming unbalanced coming down the hill at Newmarket but he's a bit high in the weights for me so I'll side with Amitola to beat him.

Re: best bet of the day - Sat 12th June bollin ruth 230 hex. 1 pt win. i like the 3rd run back from a layoff angle, and although not shown much lately, i think better can be seen today. the trip and grounds not a problem and she gets in off a mark of 97 which suggests she can go close if finding something like her best. at around 10s would be a good value bet.

Re: best bet of the day - Sat 12th June one single bet from my flat list is a horse i noted at Ascot when going close over 2m. I felt the horses best trip could be 1m 6f and they run it today in the ladies race over 1m 4f, however as its a ladies event, the drop in trip doesnt worry me so i think it should be up there again York 2.05 Bow to no one 10/1 >Bet365 1pt win

Re: best bet of the day - Sat 12th June BULLWHIP 2.55 Sandown. 1 point win. Needs to up his game a little, but entitled to improve and would be the most unexposed runner in the race. No surprise if he makes up into Listed or Group class, and so with getting into this first handicap off a mark of 96, he could well go and exploit it. The trip and ground look suitable enough and at around the 10/1 mark would be appealing.

Re: best bet of the day - Sat 12th June Ling 7.20 - Moscow Osnik - EW at 20/1 BOG with Bet365 Bit of an in and out performer this one, but he does tend to run ok here at lingfield Won his maiden here over 12 furlongs but has appeared to struggle a bit over 11/12 furlongs recently, often fading in the finish I think the return to 10 furlongs in a big field might suit him, hopefully there'll be a decent pace on and his stamina will tell in the final furlong Yard in decent nick accoring to the RP RTF% figs

Re: best bet of the day - Sat 12th June LIMERICK 19:10 (LIMERICK G.A.A. HANDICAP (47-60)) Horse Name: Cinnin Oir (IRE) Notes: Dundalk (A.W.), 26 Mar 2010 6f Handicap (47-70) (3YO only) Winner �5,865 - 14 run - Draw Advantage: Low Standard My Note Saw this horse being backed in the market before the off at big odds and then in the last furlong off the race i saw it travelling fast at speed in the last 100yds but was blocked from a proper run by another horse when it got past it the other horse the winner had already won the race but this horse finished an unlucky 2nd A drop in grade should suit and at 0.5 EW

Re: best bet of the day - Sat 12th June

LIMERICK 19:10 (LIMERICK G.A.A. HANDICAP (47-60)) Horse Name: Cinnin Oir (IRE) Notes: Dundalk (A.W.), 26 Mar 2010 6f Handicap (47-70) (3YO only) Winner �5,865 - 14 run - Draw Advantage: Low Standard My Note Saw this horse being backed in the market before the off at big odds and then in the last furlong off the race i saw it travelling fast at speed in the last 100yds but was blocked from a proper run by another horse when it got past it the other horse the winner had already won the race but this horse finished an unlucky 2nd A drop in grade should suit and at 0.5 EW
9/1 Winner :nana:nana