** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Eurovision Song Contest 2010 betting

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Eurovision Song Constest 2010 betting Simply, absolutely, cannot see past an Azerbaijan victory here. Eastern European country, strong song, decent live performance. Don't really understand what the fuss is about the German entrant. Surely the odds are based on it's domestic chart performance because to me it is just a very bland song. Safura has pretty good vocals which should see it do solidly in the jury votes whilst the Eastern European support should see it to victory. Azerbaijan were 8th in their debut two years ago and third last year with a so-so song. This is their best entry yet and they are a big big chance. I've been on for a while at close to maximum stakes.

Re: Eurovision Song Constest 2010 betting

I saw in their daily e-mail' date=' oddschecker were tipping Croatia each way @ 28/1... Any thoughts anyone?[/quote'] Maybe over the odds but not sure it will win (but then, I think Azerbaijan has this wrapped up). It's a nice song, kind of slow, sung by hot chicks (Femminem). It should be noted Femminem represented Bosnia in 2005 and came 14th. The mitigating factor for me is it is not in English. Since 1989, only Serbia has won with a non-english song, and that song was much stronger than this one and had more going for it politically IMO. This is the Croatian song:

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

For those interested, this is the Azerbaijan entry (Safura - "Drip Drop")

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2010 betting If the eurovision should be Gayvision , no doubt Serbia win! If it should be MissSong - Azerbaijan must win! If it is EUROVISION - the strong voices and best songs deserve the most points and that is Norway, Albania, Croatia, Sweden, Romania

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2010 betting

I can't see past Azerbaijan this year either & have lumped on accordingly. Cyprus as a very outside eachway selection, 200/1 can be found.
Sorry but Azerbaijan tries to buy the victory.... thats sad : / Zero points for that .... The Song is okay but i hate it that they think with a bit of money they can win this thing. Swedish Songwriter... American coreograph .... Multicultural Backroundsingers .... Italian dress ... there is no Azerbaijan... only plastic :( The favourites to win this year are truly false and fades away in live performances. After the biggest favourite comes Germany with the artist Lena landmine who can't sing very well. Nothing spectacular about her live. Then comes Israel who is the third ranked by bookies and Harel Skaat can sing his song Milim live good enough to get a top 10 pos, but I don't think he wins. Denmark = awful! No quality in the singers and sucks live! Norway = Won last year and dont win this year. Sweden = Can win but probably wont. Armenia = This artist and her Apricot stone is a typical top 10 but no winner. Belgium = To boring to win. He and his guitar is rather boring even if he sings good. Greece = No big deal. Heard better songs from greece. Croatia = Three ladies with nice voices but just don't feel like a winner. Turkey = This rip of from System of a down won't work if they want to win. Iceland = Fact is that Hera Bjork has some nice vocals but her country can't afford to host a eurovision so probably wont win. Serbia = No Gayvision please move on! Albania = Juliana Pasha as a big outsider defenitely! Romania = I don't see this as top 4 but at least among 15 best. Portugal = Disney influenced song could do but this is hard to see as a winner. Belarus = Come on? Butterfly wings and Robert Wells on the piano? WTF!? Belarus is just flirting with europe with coreography and a famous swedish piano player. Ukraine = Sorry but the super women era of Ukraine is over! France = :puke UK = :puke:puke Lithuania = WTF? Not even in final! Slovenia = No final even for this one! I skip remaining 3.

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2010 betting Couple of other bets, both with Betfair: Norway Top 10 @ 1.96 Tangen has a pretty strong voice and the song is a nice ballad with big vocal moments. It's not really a winning contender this year but with the Nordic vote to count on and a fairly solid song I think this will finish in the top 10 at least 60-70% of the time. Romania Top 10 @ 5.3 It's an ok song, the live performance and vocals don't really seem to come across as strongly as they could. In fact, if they were able to achieve this, I'd even have said this song has a chance (as much as anyone could have a chance against an entrant as strong as Azerbaijan). Also going for this one is that it is an upbeat, fast tempo song in a field filled with ballads. This will help the song standout and I believe that it's uniqueness can see if slot into the top 10, much in the same way that Lithuania came top 10 a few years ago with "We Are the Winners (of Eurovision)", which failed to live up to it's name but still placed 6th. Main bet is on Azerbaijan to win though, and it's the only one that really matters :hope

Couple of other bets, both with Betfair: Norway Top 10 @ 1.96 Tangen has a pretty strong voice and the song is a nice ballad with big vocal moments. It's not really a winning contender this year but with the Nordic vote to count on and a fairly solid song I think this will finish in the top 10 at least 60-70% of the time. Romania Top 10 @ 5.3 It's an ok song, the live performance and vocals don't really seem to come across as strongly as they could. In fact, if they were able to achieve this, I'd even have said this song has a chance (as much as anyone could have a chance against an entrant as strong as Azerbaijan). Also going for this one is that it is an upbeat, fast tempo song in a field filled with ballads. This will help the song standout and I believe that it's uniqueness can see if slot into the top 10, much in the same way that Lithuania came top 10 a few years ago with "We Are the Winners (of Eurovision)", which failed to live up to it's name but still placed 6th. Main bet is on Azerbaijan to win though, and it's the only one that really matters :hope
Azerbaijan is useless so I don't know whatever you and the bookies see in that song that makes it a winner. Poor live and no good coreography makes it only worse.

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2010 betting Azerbaijan having major problems at rehearsals today with the singer struggling to get down stage prop stairs...one of the dancers now has to help,,,,and run from front to back of stage is terrifying her in huge heels and it's showing in her vocals that she's nervous.....monitor playbacks seems to be saying she dont sound too good. Maybe better odds on an E/W any other with potential for big win if she does mess up. I'm on Israel for top 4 finish at 2-1 but I'd maybe try someone like Armenia or even Ireland for an upset.

Azerbaijan having major problems at rehearsals today with the singer struggling to get down stage prop stairs...one of the dancers now has to help,,,,and run from front to back of stage is terrifying her in huge heels and it's showing in her vocals that she's nervous.....monitor playbacks seems to be saying she dont sound too good. Maybe better odds on an E/W any other with potential for big win if she does mess up. I'm on Israel for top 4 finish at 2-1 but I'd maybe try someone like Armenia or even Ireland for an upset.
And this is something new? Tell me something I did'nt already know! This singer Safura sucks and this year is'nt gonna be any friendly voting and the best song and singer wins and I tell you it aint gonna be Azerbaijan or Germany!

And this is something new? Tell me something I did'nt already know! This singer Safura sucks and this year is'nt gonna be any friendly voting and the best song and singer wins and I tell you it aint gonna be Azerbaijan or Germany!
When has Eurovision ever been about the best song and singer winning? :unsure Yes, there is the 50% jury vote, but political voting will still hold the power. They came 3rd last year with what was an average song. This year's entry is much better and I still have a great deal of trouble seeing past it. Maybe last rehearsal was really bad but if Safura's performance is the same as the 2nd rehearsal then I think she will be fine. For me, this is basically Dimar Bilan a couple of years later with a different soviet country and a hot chick. (They even have some similarity when they get down on their knees to bring the song home). I couldn't see past Russia that day and I can't really see past Azerbaijan here (but will be happy with one exception)... Romania. Despite my belief that Azerbaijan will win I don't feel that the odds available presently represent the best value of the contest -- that is now a Romanian Top 10 finish. The song is very different to most entries and the live performance is very visual, with a bit of a unique, well, I don't really know what you call it, but it reminded of the yodelling bit in the middle of Julie & Lutwig from a few years ago (which IIRC also finished top 10 for Latvia). Anyway, the visual performance + upbeat tempo + novelty of this song I think makes for a great top 10 bet, and at odds of 200+ on Betfair, probably worth a sneaky little win bet too. Romanian Rehearsal
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2010 betting Made a bet for Lithuania to win Eurovision at 201 in WIllHill. Reasons - good looking leader singer and guys with energy. They worked real hard and they are very fun inside and outside scene. BBC chose them one of few to make interview with and they actually made interesting and show press conferenses. They was very active in singing/having fun in the streets and intresting places in lots of europe countries. They have some things to remember from their performance and I think it's a strong one. One of the weakness is strong group with bad start position. Nevertheless I think they should make it and with their charisma are worth to take these kind of odds to win the outright. I'm sure they will make top ten as well

Didn't realise that the Cypriot entry is actually British :lol http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment_and_arts/10164423.stm Oh and Mr Red Impact - for all your negativity..... WHO do you think will win? You've named so many, but not an actual winner.
yeah, very good song from cyprus this year, i extremely like it, eurovision is something else however, is a competition of balkans-eastern europeans, cyprus doesnt have any relation with that areas- thnx god of cource :tongue2- but for this competition, i dont see who is gonna vote for this quality ballada no problem, i dont care for eurovision cheers

You'll lose a lot of money if you think there won't still be political/friendly voting....there are still songs which many of the 'fans' like such as Belgium which just can't win because of political voting. (hope that doesn't come back to bite me on the arse:lol) The Germans just don't have enough friends either Azerbaijan Armenia and Turkey all seem to benefit from friendly votes....if Safura nails what has been rated by all those watching the qualifying as a contending song she might be hard to beat....I'm willing to take the chance......just as I did not backing Bilan from the start 2 years ago when I preferred Sweden I think. Get yourself a spreadsheet with historical political voting and you should be able to see points in the voting order where the likely winner will falter..... for 3 or 4 in a row then you can get a reasoable price on the live betting (usually win only by this time) I identified a point about 9 votes in Bilan year where Greece had several traditionally good votes early and the bulk of ex soviet not through to grab 5/2 (which I think was the same as the off price) as Greece took an early lead but it was clear Russia was the challenge and my Sweden bet was going down the pan.

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2010 betting Call me sad, but I've just watched the 2nd semi-final..... was shocked Sweden have got knocked out, as I actually liked their effort & thought theirs was better than Ukraine & Denmark..... but apart from them, all the suspects have gone through. Georgia I liked, added to Germany, Albania. I still can't see a fault with Azerbaijan, & I still think Cyprus have a fantastic entry.

Azerbaijan is useless so I don't know whatever you and the bookies see in that song that makes it a winner. Poor live and no good coreography makes it only worse.
Sounds OK live to me, this was tonight:
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">
I'd rather listen to her than you anyway. :lol and the person behind the choreography was also responsible for Beyonce's Single Ladies video.

this year is'nt gonna be any friendly voting !
If it is EUROVISION - the strong voices and best songs deserve the most points and that is Norway, Albania, Croatia, Sweden, Romania
Friendly/Unfriendly voting just done for your home country Red Impact ....not surprised by Croatia though as it was just awful

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2010 betting I backed Ireland for a top 4 spot at 14.5 at the start of April reasons being yer woman that singing for them has won it before she comes across well and is well liked and on the whole the Irish are well received and can pick up votes from all countries and they have won it many times. They had been backed into 6.00 for a top 4 spot but are drifting back out. What happened the night Fleet was she crap. Apparently she has been struggling with her voice:\

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2010 betting Sounded OK to me Ted....in fact re-running them and assuming crowd noise wasn't altered during the coverage I'd say she got the best response of the night from the audience. Big 2 Azerbaijan & Armenia good response too.....Israel my top 4 bet Hmmm good response but not to the same level as these 3. (has 2nd last spot in show though which is good - 15 times the winning song has been performed within the last three songs and a recently as Dima Bilan's win from the last spot in '08 ...another solo bloke) Off to take a little of Ireland 6-1 top4 and 20-1 E/W edited to say still not a bad bet but see later post for my final decision Update Azerbaijan draws number 1 spot opening the show - 26 years since anyone in the first 3 won the contest :eek when Sweden won with Diggi-loo diggi-ley (Yes that far back)

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2010 betting 1: AZERBAIJAN out to 5/2 ... 11/4 at bet365 now 2: SPAIN 3: NORWAY 4: MOLDOVA 5: CYPRUS 6: BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA 7: BELGIUM 8: SERBIA 9: BELARUS 10: IRELAND 20 still available 11: GREECE 12: U.K. cert for bottom spot 13: GEORGIA 14: TURKEY 15: ALBANIA 16: ICELAND 17: UKRAINE 18: FRANCE 19: ROMANIA 20: RUSSIA 21: ARMENIA in to 11/2 and falling fast - bugger me 8's at Paddy's! 22: GERMANY in to 3's ??? wtf I guess on draw position...still don't see where the votes will come from 23: PORTUGAL 24: ISRAEL 25: DENMARK Corking draw for Armenia after a dire Russia effort (no matter what the Estonian Jury 12pts think:\) Right I'm happy that winner will come from Azerbaijan, Armenia, Israel or Ireland. I've already got my top 4 Israel and I'm happy that stands a chance. Given all the updated info there's 2 factors deciding my big pre contest plunge One is draw order and the second is the fact that the Jury 1/2 of the scores were decided on the final rehearsal ans news filtering out suggests negatives for both Israel and favourites Azerbaijan. With this in mind I've just gotta go for ARMENIA at 8-1 .....just a stonking E/W bet to nothing with a decent return on a very possible win....honestly grab it quick. (update - hold my hands up here - have this piece wrong as clearly the jury's couldn't decide until tonights rehearsal with all participating countries....Azerbaijan were better than they have been so don't let that inflluence you) Standing by my prediction if looking for bigger odds outsider then Ireland and Greece would be your 2

Friendly/Unfriendly voting just done for your home country Red Impact ....not surprised by Croatia though as it was just awful
It's a semifinal. The final is not gonna be Azerbaijan or Germany. I'm happy Croatia and Sweden went out so I don't have to listen to those again on saturday. I'm not a fan of my own country in eurovision. We don't have any bigger support for our own song this year as many think we should have sent one of two others called Timoteij or Salem Al Fakir. Just saying ;) AND THE WINNER IS ALBANIA! The best artist of eurovision 2010 Juliana Pasha!

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2010 betting Azerbaijan = Overrated song, no idea why it is favorite, she can't sing, lyrics are silly and music is basic... maybe that's about it. After semi 2 the odds got higher based on the position. Israel is a lot better but he's singing in Hebrew but if Serbia could win on their language maybe same can happen now.

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2010 betting I'm a big fan and follower of Eurovison for a pretty long time, 20 years or more... After listening the songs, I feel like sharing my opinions ; First of all, I believe Germany with Lena is great, she even gives me the vibes of Lilly Allen but she will have a big competition with Sofia from Georgia and Eva from Armenia... Eva and Sofia are great singers and I believe both will be in the top spots... - I usually like Greece in this competition, (cant forget Elena with My Number One) but this year, I don't see them in first 5 because it may sound weird but I actually think Greece and Serbia will neutralize each other...2 very cliche songs , one from Balkans - Serbia and one from Mediterranean - Greece... One of them tries to use Goran Bregovic and Shantal way of singing, the other using the cliche dancing and instrument to take attention... When there are two countries like that, I believe we can see that votes being divided at the end of the voting... - Big fav. Azerbaijan turns out to be a nice song but only after listening them 3 times but still I'll be expecting them in first 5... - Turkey's destiny will be decided that nigh imo with the live performance but since rock-ish music and the song is eye-catching, I can hope for first 5 if not first 3... Here is why ; 1) Its a song which you like when you listen at least twice. 2) Its the only rock-ish like song in the competition. 3) Even it's not the best, the dresses, show, music and the performance is eye catching especially among lots of slow songs... 4) Its actually the only real "Group" and "Group Music" 5) Melodically ear-catching and liked the ups and downs. 6) Obvious political voting reasons The reasons above makes me believe that Top 5 is very possible if not Top 3... - France seems to be a nice candidate for top spots as well... - From the first phase of this competition, Iceland, Belgium and Albania are the ones I would consider for any bet... - What I wonder is if the movement in the votes will be in choosing a slow song or a exploding more rthym-ish song.. This si important since I believe we have to divide our predictions in to 2 : Songs from Israel, Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan are all good looking slow songs while songs from Romania,Germany, Turkey and France looks like exploding songs.. Romania and Israel may surprise us with their finishing positions better than expected... Especially beware of Romania ! Well, we'll see that night wont we ? smile.gif To conclude, I believe that Germany, Armenia, Georgia, Turkey are good candidates for top places... So, here are my bets ; Armenia To Win The Competition @4.33 3/10 - Sportingbet Turkey To Win The Competition @10.00 2/10 - Sportingbet Georgia "To Finish In Top 10" @2.10 4/10 - Pinnacle Iceland "To Finish In Top 10" @1.87 7/10 Pinnacle Romania "To Finish In Top 10" @1.92 9/10 - Pinnacle Top Scandinavian Country - Iceland @2.75 5/10 Sportingbet Germany Finishing Position "1-3" @2.00 4/10 Sportingbet Germany Finishing Position "4-6" @4.00 4/10 Sportingbet Turkey Finishing Position "1-5" @2.20 7/10 Sportingbet Germany to beat Israel @1.56 7/10 Pinnacle Turkey to beat Greece @1.46 9/10 Pinnacle Romania to beat Georgia @1.66 7/10 Pinnacle Romania to beat Serbia @1.61 6/10 Pinnacle Good Luck All :)

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2010 betting As I said previously make yourself up a spreadsheet with traditionally good scoring countries and you'll find a nice flat spot to back the winner in running. Be prepared to react to the nights events even if it means admitting you got it wrong and you can come out nicely ahead. I did this with my uncertainty in backing a first solo male in donks to win when Bilan won in '08 preferring Carolina of Sweden but it became quite clear early on she was bombing out. Voting order for you if you haven't got it Ireland Germany, Serbia, Albania, Turkey, Croatia, Poland, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Finland, Slovenia, Estonia, Russia, Portugal, Azerbaijan, Greece, Iceland, Denmark, France, Spain, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Latvia, Malta, Norway, Cyprus, Lithuania, Belarus, Switzerland, Belgium, United Kingdom, The Netherlands Israel, FYR Macedonia Moldova, Georgia, Sweden Armenia