World Cup Fantasy Football

Afternoon guys, Just seeing if there is a general interest for this on the PL.. If I were to set up a private Punters Lounge league for a World Cup fantasy football competition....how many would be interested? I know it's only over a short period of time and therefore not as challenging as the Premier League one, but still thought it could generate a bit of excitment and some fun? If I get a good response then I'll set up a league within the next day or two....it will be free to enter. Cheers Scotlandspunter :cheers:cheers

Re: World Cup Fantasy Football Good stuff lads, Hopefully get a few more interested members and I'll get it up and running soon.... Steve, interesting idea which I would certainly be willing to look into, afterall makes it a bit more competitive if there is a wee cash prize on offer....only problem would be sorting out the payment methods etc? Would also have to check with the legality of the PL running such an even with a cash prize on offer, Paul might be able to advise us on that if he gets a chance..but certainly worth considering if it is doable :ok

Re: World Cup Fantasy Football

Steve, interesting idea which I would certainly be willing to look into, afterall makes it a bit more competitive if there is a wee cash prize on offer....only problem would be sorting out the payment methods etc? Would also have to check with the legality of the PL running such an even with a cash prize on offer, Paul might be able to advise us on that if he gets a chance..but certainly worth considering if it is doable :ok
Don't they deal with similar arrangements over in the Poker forum? Might be worth speaking with one of the mods over there?

Re: World Cup Fantasy Football Well up for this and the i'll happily throw a ten spot or whatever into the prizepool if it can be arranged. Good stuff SP, just don't let it take up too much of your time that your colleagues at work aren't getting their tea on time :ok

Re: World Cup Fantasy Football Good stuff guys, Got enough of us to give this a go then, anyone else who wants to join is welcome aswell up until the start of the tournament. I've looked around breifly and think the 'Sky Sports Fantasy Football' (http://worldfantasyfootball.skysports.com/Article.aspx?id=501) is probably our best bet. Basic rules include: Team Selection

• Pick 11 players using either a 4-3-3, 4-4-2 or 5-3-2 formation.
  • There is no budget.
  • In the Group Stages you can pick two players per nation.
  • The number of players you can select per nation increases during the tournament
Transfers
  • Before the tournament begins you can make unlimited changes.
  • Once the tournament has started you can make a total of 30 transfers.
  • You are restricted to 15 transfers in each Game Period.

Points Scoring

• All players score points for goals and assists.
  • Goalkeepers and defenders earn points for clean sheets, but lose points for goals conceded.
  • The game has been split into two Game Periods.
  • There are also points available for the Man of the Match, but players will lose points if they get booked or sent off.
  • Points are worth double in the knockout stages

Game Period one - Group Stages Game Period Two - Knock Out Stages Points -

All Players:
Anytime Appearance+1Awarded for being involved in the match.
Goal+4
Assist+3
Man of the Match+3Awarded to the Skysports.com Man of the Match. This may differ from the televised Man of the Match.
Yellow card-1
Red card-2Includes -1 for a yellow card.
Goalkeepers/Defenders Only:
Defensive Game Played+1Awarded for playing 45 mins or more, in addition to the Anytime Appearance point.
Goalkeeper/Defender Clean Sheet +4Must play 75 mins, inc. 1 pt for 45 min appearance.
Goalkeeper/Defender Goal Against -1
In the knockout stages points, both positive and negative, are doubled and will be given if matches go into extra time.
Knockout StagePoints Details
All Players:
Anytime Appearance+2Awarded for being involved in the match.
Goal+8
Assist+6
Man of the Match+6Awarded to the Skysports.com Man of the Match. This may differ from the televised Man of the Match.
Yellow card-2
Red card-4Includes -2 for a yellow card.
Goalkeepers/Defenders Only:
Defensive Game Played+2Awarded for playing 45 mins or more, in addition to the Anytime Appearance point.
Goalkeeper/Defender Clean Sheet +6Must play 75 mins, inc. 2 pt for 45 min appearance.
Goalkeeper/Defender Goal Against -2
The points your players earn make up your cumulative team points total. Every manager's team competes on the Fantasy League leaderboard with first place awarded to the team with the most points at the end of the World Cup. Oh and TTB, the coffee run is always on time in our office :beer

Re: World Cup Fantasy Football Ok guys, Looks like we have a bit of interest in this, so I have gone ahead and set up our league - Punters Lounge WC League. As for the idea about a prize fund, I am still working on that at the moment so I am not sure whether we will have a cash prize or whether it will just be for pride and fun.. If you want to join either way, then PM me and I'll pass on the code you need to join the league.. The link to sign up is http://worldfantasyfootball.skysports.com/Index.aspx Happy managing :ok:beer

• 2 weeks later...

Re: World Cup Fantasy Football

Could someone not sticky this so it gets more attention?
Hi guys, Sorry not been pushing this that much recently, had a load of work to do etc.. We have still got time to add alot more guys interested in this to the PL league, it will be a good laugh and alot of pride at stake :lol

• 2 weeks later...