UEFA Champions League Final > 22nd May

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League Final > 22nd May

Hi guys! Does anyone else find the odds offered for both teams to score @ 2.06 betfair HUGE ?? I realy see value on this, as there are so many goalscorers around that could score at anytime, anyhow! sneijder, milito, etoo, robben, muller, olic....
Not really. Games where both sides score are less common than you think. If you don't take my word for it, have a go at Betfreds ''Goals Galore'' :lol

Re: UEFA Champions League Final > 22nd May Bayern Munich - 1 Corner Handicap @ 2.10 - BET365. I see this as being the bet of the tie. German teams, Bayern included are more prone to using wing play, hence their propensity for winning high amount of corners. Inter average 4.7 corners at home, and 4.9 away, while Bayern average 7.3 corners at home, and 5.5 away. I feel there is a huge difference between these two sides, in terms of ability at winning corners. Bayer have beaten a minus one corner handicap in every match, home and away, in each knockout round so far. Versus Fiorentina, United, and Lyon. Inter lost a minus one corner handicap against Chelsea and Barcelona, home and away. They only beat a plus one corner handicap at home to CSKA Moscow.

Bayern Munich - 1 Corner Handicap @ 2.10 - BET365. I see this as being the bet of the tie. German teams, Bayern included are more prone to using wing play, hence their propensity for winning high amount of corners. Inter average 4.7 corners at home, and 4.9 away, while Bayern average 7.3 corners at home, and 5.5 away. I feel there is a huge difference between these two sides, in terms of ability at winning corners. Bayer have beaten a minus one corner handicap in every match, home and away, in each knockout round so far. Versus Fiorentina, United, and Lyon. Inter lost a minus one corner handicap against Chelsea and Barcelona, home and away. They only beat a plus one corner handicap at home to CSKA Moscow.
Lol. Interesting bet. Gonna see if this is really profitable way to bet...

Bayern Munich - 1 Corner Handicap @ 2.10 - BET365. I see this as being the bet of the tie. German teams, Bayern included are more prone to using wing play, hence their propensity for winning high amount of corners. Inter average 4.7 corners at home, and 4.9 away, while Bayern average 7.3 corners at home, and 5.5 away. I feel there is a huge difference between these two sides, in terms of ability at winning corners. Bayer have beaten a minus one corner handicap in every match, home and away, in each knockout round so far. Versus Fiorentina, United, and Lyon. Inter lost a minus one corner handicap against Chelsea and Barcelona, home and away. They only beat a plus one corner handicap at home to CSKA Moscow.
well, all that statistics goes to toilet when the game start's. and in game's like Final it's very hard to predict corners or smth like that. So probably no bet for me on corners today. And there's no matter home and away averaging corners, because it's a Final! No bet :hope

Makes sense this bet, though Bayern is not that effective trough corners and we should also consider that both wing players Robben and Hamit are playing on the wrong side if it goes for crosses. Robben left foot plays right midfield and Hamit right foot plays left midfield. Though Lahm (right foot) does assist Robben, but in general you can see that Olic and Müller are not thaaat dangerous for crosses. Only when it comes to base-line crosses there will be corners (usually on first post where Olic/Müller try to get the ball in). It will be difficult to get base-line crosses trough against Inter I guess... Hence, the bet still looks good since I do not expect many/any corners for Inter as well :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League Final > 22nd May Value is a very subjective thing and I can understand the view that says Bayern represent it here, but for me getting 11/8 on a Mourinho side in a one-off cup final is pretty tasty. There's a misconception that Jose's sides are always defensive. In fact, he's tended to play an attacking 4-2-3-1 with Inter for most of this season and their most impressive results in the CL have come from attacking displays (both legs against Chelsea and the home leg against Barca). Of course his teams can apply spoiling tactics as well, but to assume they are one-dimensional would be a mistake.

It's too simplistic to say that Bayern are in the final through pure luck, but they certainly haven't looked as impressive as the Italians. The game at Old Trafford showed their strengths and weaknesses - the way they controlled possession when Man U were down to 10 men was impressive, their fighting spirit was clear to see, and the individual brilliance of players like Robben and Olic always makes them a threat. On the negative side, their defending was shambolic at times and they were heading for a hiding before Rooney limped off and Rafael was red-carded. Inter are the sort of team who expose weaknesses and stifle strengths, and I think Van Gaal will have to come up with something very special to outmanoeuvre Mourinho here.

With all that in mind, I'll risk extra time shafting me and take Inter Milan to win @ 2.38 on Betfair.

Value is a very subjective thing and I can understand the view that says Bayern represent it here' date= but for me getting 11/8 on a Mourinho side in a one-off cup final is pretty tasty. There's a misconception that Jose's sides are always defensive. In fact, he's tended to play an attacking 4-2-3-1 with Inter for most of this season and their most impressive results in the CL have come from attacking displays (both legs against Chelsea and the home leg against Barca). Of course his teams can apply spoiling tactics as well, but to assume they are one-dimensional would be a mistake.

It's too simplistic to say that Bayern are in the final through pure luck, but they certainly haven't looked as impressive as the Italians. The game at Old Trafford showed their strengths and weaknesses - the way they controlled possession when Man U were down to 10 men was impressive, their fighting spirit was clear to see, and the individual brilliance of players like Robben and Olic always makes them a threat. On the negative side, their defending was shambolic at times and they were heading for a hiding before Rooney limped off and Rafael was red-carded. Inter are the sort of team who expose weaknesses and stifle strengths, and I think Van Gaal will have to come up with something very special to outmanoeuvre Mourinho here.

With all that in mind, I'll risk extra time shafting me and take Inter Milan to win @ 2.38 on Betfair.

At least someone who is on Inter knowing both sides of the coin. Bayern players did underline that Inter is not only about defense and that they are very dangerous in offense as well, so I think they are aware of it. Good luck all, getting excited already :loon

Re: UEFA Champions League Final > 22nd May Inter Milan @ 2.34 pinnacle Inter Milan -1.5 @ 4.90 bet365 In cup finals, first thing i look at is the defence, and for me, Inter is a much better side defensively than Bayern. They have only conceded 1 goal in their last 5 Champions League games, and are very hard to break down. They do like to play on the counter and showed in the games against Barcelona that they can be patient, and look for the chance to score the opening goal. Still not enthused about the Bayern defence even though they have not conceded in the last 2 CL games. Think they are prone to getting caught out, and both Man Utd and Fiorentina showed that they can be breached. Even though they scored 8 goals in the 4 games played (home and away games against both teams) they also conceded 8 goals, and it can be argued that Inter not only have a better defence than these two teams, but also a better attack, with the likes of Etoo and Milito, supported by Sneijder, they have goals in them. If Inter score early, this will force Bayern to open up in the chase for the equaliser which will suit the Inter counter attacking game even more so. Can see them scoring a second and defending stoutly to record a win here

Re: UEFA Champions League Final > 22nd May I agree that Inter are favourites, but I think Bayern have great attacking abilties and a strong resolve. Already this campaign they have come back after being down to Juventus and Man Utd, and from an aggregate deficit away to Fiorentina. Thus, the value/interest for me is in the HT/FT market where Inter may well start the best and grab the early goal, but as Bayern settle into the game, they can use their resolve and strong attacking qualities to come back. At least that's what I'm hoping for. Inter/Draw @ 17.5 Inter/Bayern @ 40 Both with Betfair.

Re: UEFA Champions League Final > 22nd May I am getting really excited now. I was going to refrain from betting on this game - but was that really going to happen? The best thing Inter could do tonight is to come out and let the game flow. In an end to end match I would have to fancy Bayerns defence to crack first. In Milito and Et'oo they have two top class strikers that like nothing more than scoring goals - however that may be. To sit back and allow Bayern to pass the ball around is a bad idea. Their defence needs to be pressured and has shown that it is prone to errors. Exactly how Inter line up for this match I am not sure. There are a couple of variations in the system. It can be a 2-3-1 or a 2-1-3. This is not a huge difference of course - the main idea being to get Sneijder free from Bommel and Bastian as much as possible. It occured to me upon Zico writing about Hamit who may well hold the surprising key to this match. If indeed Hamit plays on the left, then welcome Maicon to the stage. He is by far the best right back in modern football. Lahm is perhaps a bit more assured defensively but Maicon is physically great and going forward second to none. This could be his time. I don't think that Hamit will give him any particular worries and if he can get forward without inhabitions then he will be vital. I'd love to see Balotelli get the nod as he does have the magic. As stated Pandev is a lot safer choice to get the game started. He will not do anything reckless and will help out. Mario could perhaps be called upon if needed. This is a big game for all these Inter players to gain the full recognition they deserve. They are seasoned winners that have proven a lot this season. They are fully deserving of the final place. Bayern have done very well this season but I just expect Inter to edge it in the key areas. Their players are just that bit better in my eyes. I'll take Inter to win the match at 2.44 - lightly - Betfair For fun I'll also take: Maicon FGS - 37/1 - Betfair And two scorecasts: Maicon 1-0 Inter - 110/1 Maicon 2-0 Inter - 150/1 Both Bet365

Re: UEFA Champions League Final > 22nd May Bayern v Inter I have followed both sides here throughout the season, and I can honestly say that Inter are certainly the better side here on paper. Tactically I feel it will be a close contest as both Managers are Top Class, but Inter are playing the better football and have been the most consistant all season, and have shown that they are a side in the TOP class bracket now in Europe with players like, Eto, Lucio, Sneijder, Miljto, Maicon and Cesar in Goal, They really have a Top side here, and it's no suprise to me that they got this far. This side has gelled through the years and Mourinho has come in and tightened them up and made them even stronger. This Inter side can compete with the Man Utd's and the Chelsea's and Barca's because of their incredible defence. On the other hand there is no way BAyern are up there in that league with those Clubs just yet, Bayern have come together well under Van gal, and Robben and Ribery are their best players by far. Ribs won't be playing as he's banned, and that will be a Serious blow to Bayern. Bayern are good going forward, but i think INTER can handle anything Bayern throws at them, and score up the other end and Blow Bayern out. Man Utd Destroyed Bayern and showed the difference in class between the sides, only a red card gave Bayern a chance. Apart From Man UTd, Bayern have had a relatively Easy run to the Final. Maybe Bayern could hold onto a draw but I can't see them BEATING this INTER side over 90 minutes unless a RED card is shown. I think many Germans, and Bayern lovers will be betting on Bayern tonight pushing the INTER price up hopefully.. So i'm going to go for INTER WIN @ 2.48 5/10 stakes LAY BAYERN inplay if Bayern Score first goal.. Mourinho in Madrid, at the Bernabeu.. Last Inter game maybe and takes over the Real madrid Job next month. It's like a fairy tale isn't it.? Lets hope the refereeing is upto scratch, cos if it is, Inter should run out winnners within 90mins..

Re: UEFA Champions League Final > 22nd May I'm still thinking about it but so far these take my fancy: Bayern @ 23/10 Over 2.5 at 11/8 Robben 1st goalscorer at 8/1 Robben to score from outside the box at 6/1

I'm still thinking about it but so far these take my fancy: Bayern @ 23/10 Over 2.5 at 11/8 Robben 1st goalscorer at 8/1 Robben to score from outside the box at 6/1
Any reasoning for those picks mate? Otherwise, this should really be posted in the Weekend Bets thread. :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League Final > 22nd May It's really been discussed to death mate already so to be honest I didn't have much to add to the already excellent analysis. Apologies though, I know the rules. :ok

Inter is a much better side defensively than Bayern. They have only conceded 1 goal in their last 5 Champions League games,
sure about that i could have sworn barca scored in the home and away legs of the semi ;)

Value is a very subjective thing and I can understand the view that says Bayern represent it here' date= but for me getting 11/8 on a Mourinho side in a one-off cup final is pretty tasty. There's a misconception that Jose's sides are always defensive. In fact, he's tended to play an attacking 4-2-3-1 with Inter for most of this season and their most impressive results in the CL have come from attacking displays (both legs against Chelsea and the home leg against Barca). Of course his teams can apply spoiling tactics as well, but to assume they are one-dimensional would be a mistake.

Good post that. The only thing stopping me punting it, is the German mentality, which is'nt a urban myth. It's true, that Mourinho can pyche opposition teams out, before a ball is kicked, but i doubt Bayern's players will be fazed. Bred into them early.. the inferiority complex is never a negative on their part. Could 'have their name on it' also, with a few vital decisions going their way getting to the final. Watch Olic against Lucio for the supreme example of belief tonight. It'll probably kick off, with lucio liking to dish it out, but becoming a wreck whenever he's challenged back, and olic won't give him a minutes peace. Have to say though, jose has worked wonders at Inter. Their display at chelsea was perfection personified, in how to play away leg football. A powerful outfit both physically and mentally. Webb will have to be on his toes tonight, but the final is traditionally a low card occasion. The last 3 final have had 4 yellows exactly. In fact, only 30 yellows for the last 10 finals, and just the one going over 45 points ( Lehmann red 4 years back) Had an 'English' bet earlier in the week, for the game, which'll be a winner or loser inside 10 minutes or so. First english side to get a mention with paddy.. Man Utd 9/4, chelsea 3/1. Dutched returns a tad below 4/5. Munchen and Inter both going for the treble should ensure a mention of Man Utd at some point, whilst Mourinho/chelsea are are often mentioned in passing. Had a saver on Blackpool @ a huge 12/1. Very good chance they'll be mentioned given the financial windfall expected for them. The match has to be underway, so any pre-match chatter does'nt count.

sure about that i could have sworn barca scored in the home and away legs of the semi ;)
DOn't forget Inter had 10 men in the 2nd leg of the Barca tie. They have a SOLID as f?ck defence mate and still only conceeded one. Inter are Up there with the best teams in Europe right now, thats why they are there.. Bayern are there for different reasons.. They had an easy run, and abit of luck..Won't be easy for Bayern to get through Inter tonight, and if Bayern do get through, they will probably conceed 3 in the process.. Inter are a notch up from this BAyern side in ability, Don't be fooled by Bayern, they have OVER achieved so far and had their luck along the way. I woudn't be suprised if we see a high scoring game with 2 or 3 goals in this match and most of em will be scored by the INTER.. I'm a Neutral Fan here, but I'm taking sides tonight as I feel this Inter Side is a Step up in quality compared to Bayern and odds ofover 2.50 are fantastic. I know its a final but usually the BEST side wins barring RED CARDS and bad decisions.... The odds are very very good tonight on INTER, as I rate their chances of winning this match alot higher than the bookies have them at. The Value has to be surely on INTER looking at who they have played and beaten so far in this Tournement compared to who Bayern have beaten. There's no way Bayern would have got past Chelsea and BArca. They got past Man Utd, but that was pure luck. Unless Inter get another RED in this game, BAyern are going down..

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Inter Milan v Bayern Munich
Selection Lay Bayern Munich (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 22/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.35 (Lay)
Reasoning A lot of talk about this game, of course, but in the end I'm going with my gut feeling. I really like Mourinho, and I see him picking up the trophy tonight. I don't see Inter losing in 90 minutes, if they do I think it would take extra time and penalties. Both very good sides who have probably been underestimated in this tournament, and both with great managers. I think a lot in this match will depend on how Inter set out, and because of that I like them with this control. Should be good to match, I'll be cheering on Inter and can't see them losing in normal time.

Re: UEFA Champions League Final > 22nd May Chivu to be booked @ 13/10 paddy. Missed out on the 9/5 awaiting team confirmation. Decent enough price for a player who'll give you a good run for your money. A walking yellow both domestically and in europe, with 4 from 6 matches( 2 sub app's) Up against the tricky and fragile Robben whets the appetite.

Good post that. The only thing stopping me punting it, is the German mentality, which is'nt a urban myth. It's true, that Mourinho can pyche opposition teams out, before a ball is kicked, but i doubt Bayern's players will be fazed. Bred into them early.. the inferiority complex is never a negative on their part. Could 'have their name on it' also, with a few vital decisions going their way getting to the final. Watch Olic against Lucio for the supreme example of belief tonight. It'll probably kick off, with lucio liking to dish it out, but becoming a wreck whenever he's challenged back, and olic won't give him a minutes peace. Have to say though, jose has worked wonders at Inter. Their display at chelsea was perfection personified, in how to play away leg football. A powerful outfit both physically and mentally. Webb will have to be on his toes tonight, but the final is traditionally a low card occasion. The last 3 final have had 4 yellows exactly. In fact, only 30 yellows for the last 10 finals, and just the one going over 45 points ( Lehmann red 4 years back) Had an 'English' bet earlier in the week, for the game, which'll be a winner or loser inside 10 minutes or so. First english side to get a mention with paddy.. Man Utd 9/4, chelsea 3/1. Dutched returns a tad below 4/5. Munchen and Inter both going for the treble should ensure a mention of Man Utd at some point, whilst Mourinho/chelsea are are often mentioned in passing. Had a saver on Blackpool @ a huge 12/1. Very good chance they'll be mentioned given the financial windfall expected for them. The match has to be underway, so any pre-match chatter does'nt count.
Get in !! Chelsea it was :cow

Chivu to be booked @ 13/10 paddy. Missed out on the 9/5 awaiting team confirmation. Decent enough price for a player who'll give you a good run for your money. A walking yellow both domestically and in europe' date=' with 4 from 6 matches( 2 sub app's) Up against the tricky and fragile Robben whets the appetite.[/quote'] Job done ! :cow I'm off out. This football is dire.....

Re: UEFA Champions League Final > 22nd May Inter just taking the Mick here. Letting Bayern play their offensive game, and countering agianst a poor Bayern defense. Inter haven't even had to play football yet and they are leading 1-0.. If Inter actually played football, I think this contest would be over by now.. Maybe they won't need to and will just defend and counter all 2nd half aswell.. lol. I have layed Inter off for a good profit now hoping Bayern get a goal back, then go in again on Inter to win at a bigger price.. :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League Final > 22nd May Oh jesus. We saw what happened when they try to play football. 2 vs 4 situation and Inter supporters shivering. After that situation they did adapt their tactic instantly (first 5 minutes in Bayern half, then total different display). Bad positioning by Badstuber/Demicheles and a goal, hence I am still optimistic Chivu gonna have some more problems.

Add to my earlier thoughts and say I'll be laying Bayern @ 1.38 or so' date= for big stakes. Not the kind of odds to entice smaller-stakes punters, but I wouldn't discourage anyone from taking Inter to win the trophy @ 1.57 (Various). Both sides are in great form, but I think if Inter nullify the threat of Robben, which I think they will, Bayern'll struggle, and I think ''I Nerazzurri'' can nick it 1 or 2-0.
Pretty comfortable, overall. Very impressed with Milito.