** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Copa Libertadores 28-30/4

Wednesday 28 April 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif San Luis v Estudiantes de La Plata (00:45 BST) 2.66 3.35 2.92 101.69 %
maximize.gif Guadalajara-MEX v Vélez Sársfield (03:00 BST) 2.86 3.3 2.87 100.05 %
maximize.gif Universitario de Deportes v São Paulo FC (23:30 BST) 3.5 3.45 2.22 102.60 %
Thursday 29 April 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Flamengo v SC Corinthians (01:50 BST) 2.1 3.6 3.75 102.06 %
maximize.gif CA Banfield v SC Internacional (01:50 BST) 2.2 3.45 3.55 102.61 %
maximize.gif Cruzeiro EC v Club Nacional (23:00 BST) 1.5 4.5 7.5 102.22 %
Friday 30 April 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Alianza Lima v Universidad de Chile (01:15 BST) 2.46 3.35 3.15 102.25 %
maximize.gif Once Caldas v Club Libertad Asunción (03:30 BST) 1.89 3.5 5 101.48 %

Re: Copa Libertadores 28-30/4 A match that you have to take! Take now before it drops. Gdl Chivas - Velez Sarsfield Original odds was 4 for Sarsfield, morning was at 3.00 and now at 2.86 I think they will drop a little more. In anterior post I explained the situation of Chivas. I will make an abstract, first they send five men to the selection three of they Hernandez, Bautista, Alberto Medina were responsible of 17 of 27 goals, suffice to drop so m Omar Bravo a glory of our football now we know that face personal problems, and the list of injuries covers almost the rest of the players. For the other side Sarsfield located at seven place in the championship of Argentina its taken seriously Libertadores and will send his titular squad to this match. Probable alineation for Guadalajara: Liborio Sánchez, Miguel Ponce, Omar Esparza, Cristian Pérez, Jorge Enríquez, Édgar Mejía, Xavier Báez, Marco Fabián, Édgar Solís, Omar Arellano y Omar Bravo. I hope Omar Bravo and Arellano will be in the alineation, Bravo is not focusing in the matches, Arellano don´t make a goal even if the door is in front of him. The only dangerous man Liborio. Pick: Velez Sarsfield @ 2.86 Bet 365 Stake:10/10 How I say take it before it drops more

Re: Copa Libertadores 28-30/4 The logic goes with your bet. But Chivas youth players tend to grow stronger and deliver very good performances against important teams and in important moments. GK Liborio Sanchez showed that last match against Cruz Azul. I would avoid the match completely, as Chivas has showed they worked very well with youth players and a pleasean suprise for Chivas could happen.

Re: Copa Libertadores 28-30/4 San Luis Didn't play the group stages this edition as they have a wild card from last edition because of the AH1N1 affair. Close their local tournament with 1 defeat in the last 4 matches, with 2 draws and one home victory aganist Gallos Blancos. In those last 4 matches the team scored at least a goal in every one of them. The team have seen an improvement in their game play, but perhaps really late to avoid being the last place of Bicentenario 2010. The team is just focus in this tournament. If something is to recognized to executives of San Luis is to have maintain coach Ignacio Ambriz on his position and the performance of the team in last matches deliver a good image. FW Alfredo Moreno and FW Blas Pérez seem to have find the chemistry between them as they combine for a goal each one from a pass of the other. The team have taken time to assimilate the offensive playing style coach Ignacio Ambriz have wanted to established since his arrival, still as said before, it seems they have finally reached a level, where they can perform as their coach want and obtain a good result. MF Braulio Luna was consider to play with the National Squad but was left out in the important list and is a great benefit for San Luis that will have one of their key players on the field to encounter this match. Suspended: MF Gonzalo Pineda Estudiantes La Plata The leader of their local tournament Clausura, which also ended as the leader of their group with just 1 defeat, comes from winning 1-0 to River Plate and continue in the first position, 1 point above Argentino Juniors and 2 points above Godoy Cruz and Independiente. Due to this short advantage coach Alejandro Sabella decide to leave almost 6 players of the main team in Argentina, to avoid them the trip to Mexico, as they have dispute several matches consecutively. Sevela criticism has been going on for this decision, and will be held until the result of the match, where a draw will be seen as a very good result as they have the confidence of winning the second leg match in home. An 5-3-2 complete defensive scheme is expected, relaying on counterattacking to get something from here. he height of San Luis Potosi (1860 mts above sea level) will be a key for this match as Estudiantes La Plata comes from sea level, and in the second half tiredness could affect them and San Luis should take advantage of that. Left in Argentina: DF Marcos Angeleri DF Leando Desábato MF Juan Sebastian Veron MF Jose Sosa MF Rodrigo Braña FW Mauro Boselli Match And interesting match due to San Luis new playing style more offensive and a defensive Estudiantes La Plata will suffer from their attacks but also find open spaces for their counterattacks. Prediction San Luis is force to take a good result from here, and should take advantage of being in home and the huge number of main team players that Estudiantes left on Argentina. San Luis should propose the game play and look to get a good advantage from FW Alfredo Moreno and Fw Blas Perez. A Handicap of 0 shows very well the expected match, with both teams at a level place, due to the absences of Estudiantes La Plata. San Luis should obtain something positive from here. San Luis 0 AH @1.97 en Pinnacle 7/10

Re: Copa Libertadores 28-30/4 Undoubtly I have taken Velez and not only this also Velez -1, one value, second, some news, Chivas said that they will focuss in one championship, they expected to reinforce Chivas with another players of other teams, but Conmebol suddenly announced that they won't allow reinforcements, this leads Chivas to take players of his basic forces, and what his is obvious in wich tournament they will focus. I said before that Hernandez, Bautista and Alberto Medina were responsible of 17 of a total 27 goals scored for Chivas in all the tournament, after they leave, Chivas don't score in 335 minutes, four matches, is not only the offensive part that have problems; the deffense of Chivas was one of the best in the tournament, but they won't count with Aaron Galindo, Juan Ocampo and Jhonny Magallon, three important baluarts, also Hector Reynoso is sanctioned since the past Libertadores tournament. Velez also loose with Chivas in quarter finals in 2006, that match Velez loose two important men and the score opens by a penalty for Chivas, I don't think they will forget this.

Re: Copa Libertadores 28-30/4

The logic goes with your bet. But Chivas youth players tend to grow stronger and deliver very good performances against important teams and in important moments. GK Liborio Sanchez showed that last match against Cruz Azul. I would avoid the match completely, as Chivas has showed they worked very well with youth players and a pleasean suprise for Chivas could happen.
About San Luis I think there is more value in the draw, but I'll avoid that bet. San Luis will do all they can to take a positive outcome, but don't forget that is the team that is now at the bottom of the table, of course they take a positive result last match against Queretaro 3-0, but although Estudiantes will travel with some young people Its the best team in the argentine championship. I will not understimate this young people. If I could bet on one team I will bet on Estudiantes, but how I say I'll avoid this bet

Re: Copa Libertadores 28-30/4 My opinion, there's a great opportunity in the game Cruzeiro x Nacional. Cruzeiro's playing very good soccer, specially in the Libertadores. At home, are very, very strong ! Cruzeiro was 2nd place in the Libertadores last year, and they really want another shot in 2010. Brazilian team has a great striker, Kleber. Cruzeiro plays this first game at home...probably full crowd, around 70.000 fans. My bet: Cruzeiro wins (1,50) Good Luck !! :hope

My opinion, there's a great opportunity in the game Cruzeiro x Nacional. Cruzeiro's playing very good soccer, specially in the Libertadores. At home, are very, very strong ! Cruzeiro was 2nd place in the Libertadores last year, and they really want another shot in 2010. Brazilian team has a great striker, Kleber. Cruzeiro plays this first game at home...probably full crowd, around 70.000 fans. My bet: Cruzeiro wins (1,50) Good Luck !! :hope
Cruzeiro is not playing a very good football, Cruzeiro is not even playing good football. My main doubt is which Cruzeiro are we going to see thursday. Cruzeiro colletcted a few terrible matches these year. They were outplayed in derby against Atlético, won thanks to two late goals. They only got a draw in Venezuela against pitiful Deportivo Italia. At home they had some serious trouble to beat Colo Colo, just managed to win the match after Colo Colo received two red cards. Cruzeiro played great football only against Velez, at home. If we saw that Cruzeiro on the field, then Nacional will have no chance. But Cruzeiro is having some troubles outside the field. Some players were dismissed after failure in Regional Championship. And part of the press say that there's a division in the group, some of the players support coach Adilson Batista and some of them want him out. The fans are really angry with the coach and if Cruzeiro don't score an early goal, or face some trouble in first half, chances are that the crowd will turn against the team. Besides that Nacional didn't conced a single goal playing away in Libertadores. All that said, I think there's not much value in Cruzeiro @1.50 (don't get me wrong, I repeat, if Cruzeiro play full potential they'll destroy Nacional). But personally I would try something more substantial, like: Cruzeiro to win by one goal @3.60 Under 2.5 @2.05

Re: Copa Libertadores 28-30/4 Thales, You're making a big mistake comparing local matches to Libertadores. As I said before, Cruzeiro's TOP priority this year is the Libertadores. You must not compare how they play the campeonato mineiro with the Libertadores...just a big difference in motivation ! Besides, at home they are, YES, very strong, and have played good soccer ! Or you think it is easy to win a Libertadores game against Velez ? or Colo Colo ? Anyway, respect your opinion, but just dont agree. I think Cruzeiro is saving motivation and soccer quality to this moment, the face off in Libertadores. Good luck bro ! TULENOS, thanks for welcoming me...!!

Re: Copa Libertadores 28-30/4 I think Cruzeiro is rather a great team, and know in depth the ways of the Liberatadores, have good players and play in their stadium with the crowd and hit the opponents. The fact of the Cruzeiro have side eliminated before the finals of the mining will not affect the performance of the team for tomorrow, will only further motivate the players to try to make the best possible outcome in the game tomorrow, because they know that Nacional is a good team and play in Uruguay without a head is not good business. Cruzeiro hand -1 @2:30 SportingBet Cruzeiro +1.5 gols @1.55 SportingBet

I think Cruzeiro is rather a great team' date= and know in depth the ways of the Liberatadores, have good players and play in their stadium with the crowd and hit the opponents. The fact of the Cruzeiro have side eliminated before the finals of the mining will not affect the performance of the team for tomorrow, will only further motivate the players to try to make the best possible outcome in the game tomorrow, because they know that Nacional is a good team and play in Uruguay without a head is not good business. Cruzeiro hand -1 @2:30 SportingBet Cruzeiro +1.5 gols @1.55 SportingBet
agree. :ok

Re: Copa Libertadores 28-30/4 Chivas Guadalajara 3-0 Velez Sarsfield The return of DF Hector Reynoso and the great performance of FW Omar Bravo provide a great result for Chivas Guadalajara. The return leg will bring and interesting match, great work of GK Liborio Sanchez.

Thales, You're making a big mistake comparing local matches to Libertadores. As I said before, Cruzeiro's TOP priority this year is the Libertadores. You must not compare how they play the campeonato mineiro with the Libertadores...just a big difference in motivation ! Besides, at home they are, YES, very strong, and have played good soccer ! Or you think it is easy to win a Libertadores game against Velez ? or Colo Colo ? Anyway, respect your opinion, but just dont agree. I think Cruzeiro is saving motivation and soccer quality to this moment, the face off in Libertadores. Good luck bro ! TULENOS, thanks for welcoming me...!!
I never compared Libertadores and Mineiro. All my examples were of big matches, a local derby and 3 matches of Libertadores. I live in Belo Horizonte and I watch most of Cruzeiro's matches. I'm an Atlético fan, last year I was really afraid that Cruzeiro could win Libertadores, even in early stages, this year I'm sure they're not title material. And, like I said, they're not playing good football, just to give you an exemple, last year they trashed Universidad de Chile home and away, this year they struggled against Colo Colo in both matches. I believe Cruzeiro will win the match, just saying that the odd is not quite fair. I wouldn't take Cruzeiro under 1.70.

My opinion, there's a great opportunity in the game Cruzeiro x Nacional. Cruzeiro's playing very good soccer, specially in the Libertadores. At home, are very, very strong ! Cruzeiro was 2nd place in the Libertadores last year, and they really want another shot in 2010. Brazilian team has a great striker, Kleber. Cruzeiro plays this first game at home...probably full crowd, around 70.000 fans. My bet: Cruzeiro wins (1,50) Good Luck !! :hope
Nice picks, you and Joaquim. Cruzeiro managed to find an early goal and controled the match after that with class and determination. Didn't bet myself, but glad you guys could make some money. Just wanna add that the purpose of the forum is not to fight or argue about who's the best punter, but get infos and enlighment about the games. Again, well done.

Re: Copa Libertadores 28-30/4 Thales, Thanks for your comments...agree with you, we're here to help each other ! This Cruzeiro game I was pretty confident. Add to it that I dont think Nacional is that good of a team, on away games. Did you watch them play...On the next game in Uruguay, I wouldnt be surprised if the game ends on a 22 men fight...ehehehehe By the way, have any picks for next weeks Libertadores ?? At a first glance, I like Sao Paulo, Nacional Uru (at home they are tough, at Parque Central), and, unfurtunetly for my Flamengo, Corinthians wins at home. Thales, um abraço amigo !

Re: Copa Libertadores 28-30/4 http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0 height=18 width=18 classid=clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000> The aim of the forum is not really to generate fights, but I see the forum as well as the object to know the best punter, but as a place where we can evolve our information and we can have more chances of making winning bets and consequently Increase our balance.

Re: Copa Libertadores 28-30/4 Velez Sarsfield- Chivas Guadalajara This time Velez Sarsfield will win, I'm not sure if they will qualify, in the last match against Guadalajara titular Sarsfield were overscored by a new team of Guadalajara, this took by a surprise too many, one of the reasons this happen is not the long travel of Argentina to Mexico who last 8 hours, but the dimensions of the field, in sudamerica are 10 metters shorter of widht, this allows Guadalajara to play by the lateral bands and took by surprise Velez who plays better attacking the center of the rival side. Guadalajara have a great opportunity now to concentrate in only one tournament and is preferable that this be Libertadores. Although I don't see this boys winning in Argentina, last outcome Chivas was 4-2 loosing with Morelia settling the things for Guadalajara. Gareca for this match very probably will count with his best men Santiago Silva. And the best, they say (Velez) that is not a score difficult to overcome Velez Sarsfield vs Chivas Wednesday 5 May 2010 01:50 BST Pick:Velez Sarsfield @ 1.45 Willhill Stake:8/10 Velez Sarsfield -1 @2.2 Bet365 Stake: 4/10 Estudiantes vs San Luis. Estudiantes have without doubt their pass to 1/4 finals of Libertadores, how I say ever is complicate the travel to Mexico for all who lives in Sudamerica, and viceversa, how its to acustom to play in the fields of the rival (talking of sudamerican teams and mexican teams) 10 metters of field widht (more or less) do advantage to the local team. Estudiantes will play with titular team, this because the players of Estudiantes say that the thight score of 1-2 against Chacarita they feel was due to not play midweek. For the other side Estudiantes play with substitutes the game against San Luis and won. This time with titulars and in their field they can overscore San Luis, mainly by the declarations of the players that they want to play, I believe that they will not play to draw San Luis. Estudiantes vs San Luis Pick:Estudiantes @ 1.4 Whill Stake:8/10 Estudiantes -1@ 2.05 Stake:4/10 Estudiantes [email protected] Sporting Bet Stake:2/10

Thales, Thanks for your comments...agree with you, we're here to help each other ! This Cruzeiro game I was pretty confident. Add to it that I dont think Nacional is that good of a team, on away games. Did you watch them play...On the next game in Uruguay, I wouldnt be surprised if the game ends on a 22 men fight...ehehehehe By the way, have any picks for next weeks Libertadores ?? At a first glance, I like Sao Paulo, Nacional Uru (at home they are tough, at Parque Central), and, unfurtunetly for my Flamengo, Corinthians wins at home. Thales, um abraço amigo !
Sorry, just saw your comment today. São Paulo, for me, have the same problem of Cruzeiro this year, lack in consistency. I put São Paulo in a combo with Derry and Barça -1, 'cause I didn't wanna touch them in the handicap, specialy against a team with 5 draws in the competition. Cruzeiro's game is no bet for me. If I was going to bet I'd probably take a draw. I'll study Corinthians x Flamengo tonight. I think the bet depends exclusively of wich eleven Mano is going put out on the pitch. I see good chances for Flamengo against a slower Corinthians, with Danilo in midfield. But the scenario gets pretty ugly if Mano starts the game with Jorge Henrique and Dentinho. The fact is that Corinthians don't get a victory against Flamengo since 2005, in that period they played 7 games, 1 draw and 6 victorys for Flamengo. Tonight I'm gonna take a bet with very small stake. Velez to win by a 2 goal difference @4.50 Velez will be out for blood today. The crowded stadium and the revenge feeling are going to be too much for Chivas. But I also know that's much easier to make 3 goals when you don't have to then when you have to. Specially 'cause Chivas will be all behind ball line today. I think Velez will score a goal in first half and the second when Chivas relax, after 85th minute. I think it's the typical game that the team almost get to next stage, but the crowd recongnize the effort and applaud the team after the match.

Re: Copa Libertadores 28-30/4 Sao Paolo - Universitiario Sao Paolo @ 1.30 @ Bet365 You've heard the phrase never left second gear well Sao Paolo never really left first gear let alone second in the first leg of this game. Universitiario's big chance in this tie was to get a lead from their home leg and try and defend that in Brazil. But in truth Sao Paolo coped with Universitiario very well and if anything Sao Paolo looked more likely to score on the counter-attack. They'd have been happy to take a draw from the away leg and that was obvious with the way they played the game. Back at home you'd fully expect Sao Paolo to take the game to Universitiario, they are very strong at home and won all three games in the group stage of this competition. For thoose reasons I can't see past a Sao Paolo win here, even if it the odds are a little on the short side.

Re: Copa Libertadores 28-30/4 I didn't see the match of Sao Paulo, but what happen? yes they win, but in penalties, and I don't think Universitario is a superb team, if I see a good odd against Sao Paulo I will considerate to take it, because the outcomes say that they strugled a lot and they risk very much to determinate the winner in penalties when they have all the opportunities to make a difference in home. I hope Velez overcome the handicap, 1-0 Velez :hope

Re: Copa Libertadores 28-30/4 Today was a good day, Velez covers the handicap at the last minute but they do it!!:ok I don't know what happens with this team of Guadalajara, last match bad and I expect that this was the same, what will happen with they in 1/4 finals?

Tonight I'm gonna take a bet with very small stake. Velez to win by a 2 goal difference @4.50 Velez will be out for blood today. The crowded stadium and the revenge feeling are going to be too much for Chivas. But I also know that's much easier to make 3 goals when you don't have to then when you have to. Specially 'cause Chivas will be all behind ball line today. I think Velez will score a goal in first half and the second when Chivas relax, after 85th minute. I think it's the typical game that the team almost get to next stage, but the crowd recongnize the effort and applaud the team after the match.
Wow, you really called it. Nice job

I didn't see the match of Sao Paulo' date= but what happen? yes they win, but in penalties, and I don't think Universitario is a superb team, if I see a good odd against Sao Paulo I will considerate to take it, because the outcomes say that they strugled a lot and they risk very much to determinate the winner in penalties when they have all the opportunities to make a difference in home. I hope Velez overcome the handicap, 1-0 Velez :hope
Ricardo Gomes (São Paulo's coach) didn't understood the nature of the game. It was obvious that São Paulo were going to creat quite a few opportunities to score. He needed a guy just to push the ball into the net, basicaly a striker. But he chose to play with two second strikers, Fernandinho (terrible match) and Dagoberto, they are fast but too short and skinny. He needed someone strong inside the area. The point is that Washington, the man to do this job, is very similar to Bendtner, it'll takes five or six chances to score a goal, eventualy 45 minutes aren't gonna be good enough. Ricardo Gomes shoul've played with all of them, in a 4-3-3 formation against the worst attack of all 16 teams left, that was the right call.

Re: Copa Libertadores 28-30/4 Estudiantes x San Luis Favoritism Estudiantes is very similar to the favoritism that was yesterday São Paulo, the difference is that the Estudiantes won playing out 1-0 with the reserve team, now receives the San Luis with his team owner, and could even tie the game to advance competition. The São Paulo to follow the competition without the penalties needed a victory simply because tied 0-0 in the first leg in Peru The University of Peru, is technically much less than the San Luis from Mexico, which makes me equal the cronyism that has Estudiantes today regarding the favoritism that São Paulo had yesterday. The week has produced some unexpected results, which has made me reveal about betting those markets where the favoritism of one team is very large, theoretically putting $ 100 in Estudiantes today is after the game to have $ 130 in your account, but not what has happened Sunday morning and return today to hold a stake of this quotation is 3 for a lost bet wins, that is too high. Still think Estudiantes hardly comes out of this match without a vitó[email protected] , [email protected] must end and goal difference of two goals or be [email protected] But just as I thought this game yesterday at the Sao Paulo who deserved bets until the last. Mexican teams present themselves sometimes so ridiculous the way surpriendente sometimes, even when unattached. Estudiantes @1.30 SportingBet :unsure Estudiantes + 1.5 goals @1.45 SportingBet:unsure Estudiantes HT @1.70 SportingBet:hope Estudiantes Hand - 1 @1.90 SportingBet:hope

Re: Copa Libertadores 28-30/4 Mano Menezes didn't want to antecipate wich eleven he's going to put on the pitch today against Flamengo, so, without that information, it's a no bet game for me. But I'd like to share some toughts anyway. Most of the press believes that he'll start the game with the same formation that won Copa do Brasil last year 4-2-3-1. The number 3 of that formation stands for 3 attacking midfielders, one in each side of the field (Dentinho and Jorge Henrique) and one centralized, Douglas was the centralized one last year, now would be Danilo, but Danilo don't play as well in the middle as he does in the left side. Flamengo is going to play in a 3-5-2 formation, and I'm afraid that Ronaldo might disappear between those 3 defenders. If Flamengo get a clean sheet tonight, they're trough, and Mano know that Corinthians can't suffer a goal tonight, otherwise Corinthians will have to score 3 to get to next round. Bottom line, without Mano's starting eleven and looking at that scenario (two teams that can't suffer goals) I'd be tempted to take under 2.5 @2.00. But it's an early tought and I'm gonna wait till the last minute to place my bet.