** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Snooker: World Championships 2010

Re: Snooker: World Championships 2010 I would have had Higgins @ 1.50 to beat Davis at 7-9, maybe even 1.40. To see him at 1.65 Betfair is just too big. This is where the pressure really kicks in and I just cannot see Davis completing the job at 9-7. If he had got to 10-6, then he would have had a great shout, but I feel Higgy is almost a cert to beat him now. I'm delighted to get 1.65 and I fully expect to be collecting. :ok

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Snooker: World Championships 2010 Both my 2nd round bets are looking good. 11 50+s in the Robertson/Gould match so if Robertson can win a couple of frames that should come in and Dott leaves 7-1 after the 1st session. I'm going with one more tomorrow. 4pts A.Carter (-3.5 frames) to beat J.Perry 11/10 Sportingbet As I said when I took Holt on the handicap the other night, Joe Perry barely did a thing in the 1st session of that match but led 7-2 at half time. He only managed 4 50+ breaks in that match with a highest break of 64 and there wasn't a single frame that Michael Holt failed to score in which goes to show that the Nottingham player had chances. To be fair, Carter only had 4 50 breaks as well but he had a stack of 40+ breaks and won frames to nil. Perry would probably have been out had he been playing anyone with any real quality. Carter's ruthless when he gets going though. Perry hasn't had a good season and he hasn't won many matches. Maybe his 1st round win will give him a boost but he'll need to really up his game to match Carter who has had a decent enough season. I just think over the distance Ali will be too strong for Perry and I expect Carter to win this for the loss of no more than 9 frames.

Re: Snooker: World Championships 2010 2 for me tomorrow.... A.Carter (-3.5 frames) to beat J.Perry, 4pts @ 11/10 SportingBet I've got to agree with pretty much everything Kev put in his post above. Joe Perry isn't in that great nick and is really beginning to struggle when he plays a top player. He played one of worst players I know in Michael Holt and didn't look at all comfortable and, over this longer format and against a better player, I expect it will be tougher. Let's remember that the Captain is now provisionally 3 in the world, likes it here at the Crucible and wasn't really extended in beating the very decent Jamie Cope in round 1. That was a potential banana skin and he negotiated it with ease, never hitting top form. He will kick on now and punish Perry. No surprise to see this being the biggest win of the 2nd round but I'll play a little safer and stick to the -3.5 frames handicap. J.Perry to hit 0 centuries vs A.Carter, 4pts @ 4/5 Ladbrokes After all I've said above, I think it makes this a super bet. Add to the fact that Perry hit a top break of just 64 in Round 1 and has hit just 1 century all season, I think 4/5 is a big price. Even his 50+ prowess is limited, ranking 53rd on those stats with a 50 every 4.5 frames. If Carter plays to form, this could be over with early doors and that will also limited the ton potential. Joe Perry is a player that likes to just 'do enough' and is more likely to win those scrappy frames, in more than 1 visit. Admittedly, he's capable enough but the price is just enough to get me involved in a match I can't see him winning.

Re: Snooker: World Championships 2010 Williams v O'Sullivan - over 3.5 hundred breaks @ 2.14 on Betfair. Going back to the century breaks for this one, as I can't find any value on O'Sullivan in the outright market. It's a rare feeling for me, but I really do fancy Ronnie to up his game for this one. He knows Williams is a dangerous opponent (as opposed to Liang, where it seemed Ronnie just knew he would prevail no matter how many liberties he took) and he has to start taking things seriously now. He knocked in 2 centuries in his patchy first round display and I fancy to him to at least go one better here, especially if he's fired up for this game. Williams isn't a prolific century break maker - mainly because he tends to showboat once a frame is won - but he's well capable of chipping in with the odd one, and that may well be all that's required to bring this bet in.

Re: Snooker: World Championships 2010 Brilliant,brilliant match. Even though it was the wrong result for me, fair play to Davis for his amazing performance. I have to say I was cheering him on at the end.

S.Davis to hit 1 century' date= 1pt @ 6/1 Ladbrokes J.Higgins to hit 2 centuries, 2pt @ 11/4 Ladbrokes
Happy with those 2 bets, and did I need them? Now at -2.15pts but looking like losing 5 more with the overs in the Gould match.

Re: Snooker: World Championships 2010

N.Robertson vs M.Gould' date= over 22.5 frames, 5pts @ 8/11 Bet365
Can't believe that bet is in, with Robbo winning the first 5 frames of the session. Now into a positive for the tournament of +1.49pts, clawing it back from double figure deficit. Well done also to Western Skies & Kev on the 50's and Ani on the centuries in the other match:clap:clap

Re: Snooker: World Championships 2010 5pts Ali Carter -3.5 frames to beat Joe Perry at 11/10 with BlueSquare I too think this is good value and personally would have had it around the 10/11 mark. Perry's first round victory score of 10-4 looks far more convincing than it actually was. 5 of those 14 frames ended with a difference of 13 points or less and Perry got 4 of them, which shows how many chances both players were giving their opponent. Perry isn't known for his heavy scoring and when up against the top guys is often found out. Carter on the other hand has improved massively over the last couple of years. Jamie Cope was far from on form in the last round so Carter only had to really do the simple stuff well and i expect Carter to come out firing here after a fairly light workout to get himself going and settled. I think a 13-9 scoreline or better is well within his capabilities.

Re: Snooker: World Championships 2010 I've taken (This morning, so don't know if odds still available) A.Carter -4.5 frames v J.Perry - 4pts - 7/4 - Skybet . I'm no expert but if 3 good tippers on here all go with reasonable strength bets that he'll win by at least 3.5 frames, ie 13-9 or better... i'll take the 7/4 instead of 11/10 that its by 1 more frame, ie 13-8 or better. Brave or stupid? only time will tell. :hope

Re: Snooker: World Championships 2010 Cracking comeback today by Robertson to edge out Gould. I bloody knew he'd win a session 7-1 or 8-1:lol 2 matches today of great entertainment and more to come with Williams/Ronnie looking poised and 2 potential classics to kick off tomorrow:nana

Re: Snooker: World Championships 2010 Huge sigh of relief from me as Robbo pulled off the impossible to keep my quarter 1 bet alive and bring in the 50 breaks bet. :notworthy Not sure if I'll get involved tomorrow yet, as my 2 outrights are both playing. Might have a dabble on the 50s/100s market, but undecided at the moment. Well done Russ - good to see you back in profit and good luck to all the Carter handicap backers. :ok

Re: Snooker: World Championships 2010 Changed my mind and I'll have a little nibble on this - Selby v Hendry - over 14.5 fifty breaks @ 1.86 on Betfair. Selby knocked in 8 breaks over 50 - including 2 centuries - in his very impressive 1st round win over Ken Doherty. Hendry had a much tougher time of it against Zhang, but still managed 6 half-centuries, including 3 in the last 3 frames from 7-9 down. Both these guys are heavy scorers and, although I expect Selby to win this, I don't expect him to have it all his own way and I think Hendry can run him close enough to make this line a clear winner.

Re: Snooker: World Championships 2010 2 bets for me today... D.Junhui vs S.Murphy, over 15.5 50+ breaks, 5pts @ Evs SportingBet Both these players are top, top break builders and I've taken a risk and gone for over 15.5 rather than the over 14.5 in search of the better price. In the 20 frames they won in Round 1, a total of 14 50+ breaks were hit. If they maintain that form, then 14 would mean a scoreline of 13-7. This will almost certainly be closer, it has every chance of a final frame decider, whilst both will need to step up their game too. Looking at their season stats, both have a break rate of around 2.5. If they can show that form, then 20 frames would be enough to home this one. The line might look high but stats don't lie and I think this is a terrific bet. M.Selby (-3.5 frames) to beat S.Hendry, 4pts @ 9/10 SportingBet I think SportingBet have their price out of line here. We are Evs for -4.5 in lots of other places so this looks a steal. Mark Selby is a brilliant player who is one of the best break builders in the game. He's a great match player and is excellent in the longer format. In the first round, he disposed of Ken Doherty with the minimum of fuss, 10-4, including 2 tons and 11 breaks over 40. Hendry, meanwhile, struggled against little known Anda Zhang, creeping through 10-9 fighting back from 9-7 down. There's no chance Selby will let him back so easily so Hendry must step up markedly on his Round 1 performance. It will be no walkover but, if Selby starts well, then 13-9 is well within reach for the Jester from Leicester.

Re: Snooker: World Championships 2010 Taking one today. Stephen Hendry looks overpriced to me but I'll wait and see where we stand at the close of play before deciding where to get involved there. 3pts S.Murphy to beat D.Junhui 13/8 Sportingbet Ding Junhui hasn't really achieved the results his amazing talent suggests he should've at the Crucible in his career so far. That's something we can't throw at Shaun Murphy who won the title in 2005 and was runner up last year and a semi finalist in 2007. Murphy was very impressive in the opening session of his match against Gerard Greene in the last round. In the 8 frames he won in that session he scored very highly with 6 50 breaks, a century and a 46. Greene came back at him in the 2nd session but that's no bad thing. We know what we're going to get with Ding. Give him a sight of a pot and he'll take it and score heavily. His safety play has improved this year too but I go back to what I said at the start and that his results here haven't been great. It could just be because of stamina or length of matches. Murphy hit the ball as sweet as a nut against Greene and he's clearly playing very well. A Murphy playing like this shouldn't really be such an underdog against anyone and so at a big price in what isn't far away from a pick em match, I'll take the former world champion to prevail here.

Just the one for me for now. 7pts Mark Allen To Win 3rd Quarter 5/2 William Hill Saw this a week or so ago and thought it was good value. Allen has been provided with, on paper, the easiest quarter of the championship in terms of the players he could meet on the way to a possible semi-final. I really rate the Irishman and dont think it will be long before he wins one of the big tournaments. His long potting can be devastatingly brilliant when he is on top form whilst he can also follow up those good starting shots by weighing in heavily with his break building. This time last year he beat O'Sullivan and then Ryan Day on his way to the semi's where he lost to the eventual winner John Higgins and this time he has avoided the major players who are coming into form at the right time. The biggest danger to this bet could be Stephen Maguire who, although officially the world number 2, i am not too sure about when it comes to winning games as the favourite. Allen beat Maguire in the China open not so long ago so will be confident should they meet. Tom Ford can be a good player on his day but it remains to be seen whether he can be consistent enough against the better players over this longer format so the first round draw could have been a lot worse. The others in the part of the draw, such as Ebdon and Day, can also beat the best when on form but the former has been nowhere near his best over the last couple of years and the latter is a bit of an enigma in my opinion with nobody quite sure which Ryan Day will turn up. I would have put Allen as favourite for this bet if i was making the book, so im quite happy to take the 5/2 available.
Allen faces Dott on Tuesday and should he win, this bet will come in. Curious to know peoples thoughts on securing profit and laying him/backing Dott or leaving it?

Re: Snooker: World Championships 2010 One more for me. Was going to back Hendry at what is still a big price but I'll stick with the total frames market. 4pts M.Selby vs S.Hendry - Over 22.5 frames 5/6 Bet365 After the 1st session this match is very nicely poised at 4-4. Both have played some decent stuff with Hendry scoring well and Selby battling hard to win the last two frames of the opening session. These two are both great players. Both score heavily and both have decent enough safety games. I don't think there will be much between them right through this game. Both are playing good solid snooker and at the minute are cancelling each other out. Tomorrow morning's session is big but I can see that being shared and if that is the case someone would need to win tomorrow night 5-1 at worst to fail to bring this bet in. I don't see it happening. Even if it's 9-7 either way heading into tomorrow night I still think both can reach 10 so I'm happy to be on the overs here.

Allen faces Dott on Tuesday and should he win' date=' this bet will come in. Curious to know peoples thoughts on securing profit and laying him/backing Dott or leaving it?[/quote'] I've burnt my fingers on many golfers, 2 or 3 with 3 digit odds, leading going into the final round and not laying them :wall personally this is a different kettle of fish... This is a head to head... 50/50 at worst... Only from what I've seen Allen is playing some top, top stuff. It's never wrong to lock in profit or take profit at any time. But if it was me, on this occasion... I'd fancy Allen to bring it home.

Re: Snooker: World Championships 2010 M.Selby v S.Hendry - 5pts LAY S.Hendry @ 3.60 Betfair/BACK M.Selby @ 1.39 Hendry is playing alot better at present but I don't think that will be enough to see off Mark, he would of been disappointed to of let a 4-2 leads slip especially with Selby needing snookers in the 7th. I think that gives Selby the upper hand coming into the 2nd session this morning, also what I like about Selby is that he'll grind out victories when needed, plenty of times I've seen him grind out the last frame, both players are scoring fairly well with a 50+ break in every frame, Hendry is to inconsistent for me now so I think the lay price looks nice after 4 frames each. R.O'Sullivan v M.Williams - 3pts LAY M.Williams @ 2.66 Betfair/ BACK R.O'Sullivan @ 1.60 I've been impressed with Ronnie's long game so far and this was something that was missing in his game for a while, now he is finding them pots and sets himself nicely in amongst the balls, he also showed good fight last night at 8-6 down to come back to 8 a piece with breaks of 66 & 72, sometimes that session would of finished 10-6. I expect this to be close but you know with O'Sullivan that if he is finding them long pots he can rack up three or four frames in 45 minutes play no problem, I don't like opposing Williams because his playing good snooker I just feel O'Sullivan wants this one so a small lay of Mark Williams.

Allen faces Dott on Tuesday and should he win' date=' this bet will come in. Curious to know peoples thoughts on securing profit and laying him/backing Dott or leaving it?[/quote'] Fancy Dott could cause an upset here, must be very high on confidence coming through qualifying & won he's two matches here quite comfortably against 2 world class players. Also will be extra motivated becuase if Dott wins the match he'll be back in the worlds top 16. 10-5 against Ebdon & 13-6 against Maguire is two high class performances in my book :ok 1PT e/w Graeme Dott to win World Championship 18/1 Betfred (1/2 1/3)

no they cant. just dont do any more bets/deposits, and open another new account elsewhere. f uck them mate, fuk all the bookies!!! better odds elsewhere than boyles anyway, i closed my account, theyre shit
using an odds comparison site, I end up placing about 5-10% of my bets with boyles at best odds.... If they've paid surely that's there mistake? They can't take money back without authorisation can they?

2 for me tomorrow.... J.Perry to hit 0 centuries vs A.Carter, 4pts @ 4/5 Ladbrokes
Allister Carter (Eng) 13-11 Joe Perry (Eng) 92-4 (88), 29-68 (50), 0-63 (50), 69-36, 0-85 (56), 72-0 (72), 60-29, 44-71, 79-29 (61), 71-28, 113-0 (100), 66-45, 0-70, 69-42, 10-85, 72-1, 9-63 (62), 2-78 (56), 23-78, 17-71 (63), 0-68 (55), 108-0 (104), 82-24 (82), 72-47 Great bet :ok, Joe Perry didnt get past the 85 mark throughout. :beer