** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Aintree 10th April (Grand National)

Re: Aintree 10th April (Grand National) Grand National JOE LIVELY 100/1 CORAL E/W Has been poor this term but you shouldn't write this horse off he's well capable on his day. Trainer and jockey combine well. Could go well at a massive price. Anti Post MON MOME E/W 33/I ~Available at 14's now IRISH RAPORT E/W 40/1~ Available now at 33's HELLO BUD E/W 50/1~Available now at 33's FLINTOFF E/W100/1~ Available now at 66's Thats me finished no more bets in the national

Re: Aintree 10th April (Grand National) :beerhi guys ,much is being made of mon mommes credentials to be the next red rum i.e make the race his and win the race again , so i'm tipping up the other horse with great national credentials comply or die his c+d form is exceptional and d.pipes horses hav been performing with credit all season , this is one game hoss ,COMPLY OR DIE to win national and become the new 'rummy' :clap

Re: Aintree 10th April (Grand National) 14:50 - Khyber Kim @ 5/2 SJ (bog) Ran another cracker in the Champion Hurdle, three solid runs in a row which is something this horse wasn't known for, he is becoming a little more trustworthy now and showing full ability. Was 6L better than Zaynar in the champion but there are doubts over this 2m 4f trip for him, after his showing over C&D last season. If the trip suits, I think he wins, was so impressed with that quick turn of foot three starts ago.

Re: Aintree 10th April (Grand National) 4.15 Aintree Hello Bud - won Scottish National and only 7 lb higher here. Will appreciate drying ground and ran well at start of season when third to Gallant Nuit at Cheltenham. Trainer won this race with Earth Summit and Bindaree prev. 40/1 Bet 365. My Will - third in this race last season when sent off 8/1 and his ability to complete the track cannot be undestimated here as he is running off a competitive mark this time too. 40/1 Bet 365 Dream Alliance - winning/placing in one of the Ire, Scot and Welsh Nationals can often be a key pointer to Aintree. This one won the Welsh National earlier in the season. Would prob prefer heavy ground but jumps and stays, if he completes, has a chance. 40/1 Bet 365

Re: Aintree 10th April (Grand National) 3.45 MA YAHAB 20/1 E/W ALDERBURN E/W 18/1 Both with fair e/w chances. MY is very consisitant and deserves to pick a race like this up trainer and jock have high hopes in the big one. Alderburn is back on last winning mark and should put up a show in this. 5.00 EUROPEAN DREAM 33/1E/W~ARCTIC WINGS 22/1 E/W ED Can get revenge on Napour when not far behind here in October ground may have been a little bit soft last few time so should go well here in the good ground. AW has done me a few favours and despite the rise in weight has e/w chances for red hot trainer and jock. 5.30 RUPERT LAMB 14/1/AMUSE ME12/1 Both with top stable and both been bought by their owners after impressive debuts. A win bet on each. ! Some prices are not that hot i would expect some to be higher when the full markets are formed

Re: Aintree 10th April (Grand National) So short on time so apologies now for writeups 1.45 Aintree Hard to see past Peddlers Cross unbeaten over hurdles and continued that rich vein of form at Cheltenham in the grade 1 Neptune hurdle most of these having had recent runs hopefully theyre all about the same level of fitness so class should show. 1pt win peddlers cross 11/10 bet365 2.15 Aintree Green Belt Elite is a lively outside in this field having progressed nicely over fences this season and usually a sound jumper and only concern is best form has come with plenty of cut in the ground which is unlikely today. 0.5pt e/w Green Belt Elite 12/1 pp 2.50 Aintree Khyber kim has had a fantastic year Twiston has clearly got to the bottom of this quirky character and although potentially unproven in this step up in trip I see no reason for him to come on more as he has clearly done every race thus far this year. 1pt win khyber kim 5/2 pp 3.25 Aintree Seven is my number looks a big price at 12/1 ran out a solid 2nd at festival off a 2lb higher mark and is likely to apreciate the faster ground here today and should be bang there 0.5pt e/w seven is my number 12/1 bet365 4.15 Aintre (the national) The Package 10/1- Has impresssed with finishing efforts lately and was left with far too much todo at cheltenham but looks well handicapped if over that run Tricky Trickster 16/1- Bought with this race in mind and although had a mixed season was far from pushed about in any race yet only to go on and win the Aon after denman fell Big Fella Thanks 17/2- Looks right back to his best last time out and Ruby hoping he has made right decision Palypso De Creek 80/1- Perhaps a slightly more hopeful than cert bet but again has been trained with this in mind from day one after hitting british soil and proved he could cope with these fences in autumn be interesting to see how he gets on in a big field All e/w with VCbet with freefall (return stake if runner falls, brought down, slips, unseats rider)

Re: Aintree 10th April (Grand National) 16:15 Aintree - The Grand National Three selections for me: State Of Play - The Evan Williams trained horse finished 4th in last years National and although well beaten, at leats he completed the course. Form over the Grand National fences is a huge positive. Is also a previous course winner as well which shows further that he handles the track despite that race not being over the national fences. He gets in off a mark 5lbs lower than last years race here today which could be key to his chances. Character Building - This will be the horses first run at Aintree so this is a bit of an unknown for him track and fence-wise. Is a solid jumper though and is yet to fall so fingers crossed he can put in a solid round today. Not sure how he will cope with the trip as well having won as far as 26 furlongs although he has placed over 33 furlongs at Cheltenham which shows he can cope with a test of stamina. Does tend to run in the rear as well so it will be an even bigger test of stamina from the back but I guess for all these unknown factors there is only one way to find out if he will cope with them. Dream Alliance - This horse won the Welsh Grand National back in December 2009, a race in which Mon Mome placed in back in 2007 and as we all know he won the Grand National last year. The Wesl National is the furthest trip Dream Alliance has run over but that was a true stamina test in heavy going so I'm taking it that he will relish this test of stamina today having never previously run in this race. 1pt win State Of Play @ 16/1 1pt win Character Building @ 20/1 1pt win Dream Alliance @ 40/1 All bets with Ladbrokes (BOG)

Re: Aintree 10th April (Grand National) 15:25 Aintree I feel Ma Yahab ran a very creditable race at Chelteham when finishing 4th in a class 3 handicap LTO. This was in Heavy going and he has been dropped 1lb for that effort. Whether that has taken a lot out of him will remain to be seen. Steps up into a Listed event for only the 2nd time in his career today but he ran a very good race in 3rd in his only run at Listed level to date (January 2008 - Skybet Chase) off a mark of 126. Is only 2lbs higher for today's race and I feel he has progressed well since then winning once and placing 4 times. 0.5pts E/W Ma Yahab @ 16/1 (>Paddy Power - BOG)

Re: Aintree 10th April (Grand National) 13:45 - Vino Griego @ 18/1 VCBet (bog, e/w) Well seen off in the Surpreme LTO at Cheltenham but I think the step up to 2m 4 could see an improved run, ground conditions are fine and stable doing ok with their runners. 14:15 - Osana (win) @ 4/1 Totesport Ran a blinder in the Arkle LTO when finishing 3rd, the horse has run consistently all season, come here with a huge chance. 15:25 - Ma Yahab @ 20/1 SJ (bog, e/w) Gone close at this level with no success but has the potential to win a race of this quality, trip and ground should be fine.

Re: Aintree 10th April (Grand National) 2:50 Aintree With all Twister's runners that have doubled up at Chelters and Aintree in such poor form. Celestial Halo has often run poorly at Aintree after Cheltenham / second time out after a break. Conversely Henderson is in terrific form, so it must be Zaynar @ 13/8 with Fred Done. 10/1 Quwetwo is the saver.

Re: Aintree 10th April (Grand National) I like tataniano in the 2.15 Found out on soft ground on his last defeat and was pulled out of the Grand Annual at the Festival for ground reasons. It will be much more to his liking here and was looking progressive and a leading player for the Arkle prior to that soft ground defeat at Newbury Tataniano @ 5/1 bet365

Re: Aintree 10th April (Grand National) 1:45 Aintree: Bygones of Brid 1pt e/w 10/1 Stan James Bygones of Brid did not run at Cheltenham but has been putting up some very useful performances at some of the lesser tacks. And he can claim a Grade 2 win at Kelso. The form of that race looks decent and with Graham Lee aboard could run a big race.

Re: Aintree 10th April (Grand National) Bygones Of Brid 1.45 Aintree 9-1 Stan James (EW) Distance winner, grade 2 winner and a lot to like about its last performance when winning that Grade 2 race. Pulled hard but still had enough left in the tank to beat its rivals and surge clear to win by 9 lengths. Won over 18f and 20f, weakened over 24f, this trip should be ideal. Slight concern is the ground, needs cut and ground is currently good, good to soft in places. Peddlers Cross might end up looking like a steal at Evens but that will only be known after the race with hindsight and I'd prefer to take 9-1 on this horse. The race pays 3 places and I only see 5 horses with any chance of taking this contest so a 3 in 5 chance is good for me. If Peddlers Cross is as good as Jason Maguire says then we're only playing for place money but we'll see.

After he won at Haydock in January, Jason said he was the best horse he had ever ridden. I had to phone him on the way home and check that's what he said. - Donal McCain Jnr

Re: Aintree 10th April (Grand National) 3:25 Aintree: Carlitos 2pts win 17/2 Stan James & Sa Suffit 1pt win 16/1 Extrabet Carlitos looks to be getting the hang of this game and if he continues his upward curve he could go close. Only three previous outings over the larger obstacles for Carlitos and he won at Newbury and his second at Ludlow looks a decent effort. The third that day Song Sung Blue ran respectably behind Burton Port here yesterday. Sa Suffit has improved as the season has gone on and every chance he can do so again over this trip. His wins at Kelso and Wetherby in February and March are very respectable and as a young horse there could be more improvement. Jockey and trainer combined for a winner earlier in the week.

Re: Aintree 10th April (Grand National) Bergo/Bedlam Boy 2.15 Aintree Bergo has run 3 times over fences and won each race convincingly, the winning margins being 17l, 13l and 18l. They were always avoiding Cheltenham and this was the plan as they wanted faster ground and it is good ground today. Had won two class 4 novice hurdles before going over fences, those victories by 5l and 18l. This could be an exciting horse when on ground that suits and McCoy takes the ride. Bedlam Boy was being touted as a possible Arkle hope, then they decided they'd avoid Cheltenham and come here instead. 3 wins and a 2nd from 4 races over fences and has the fantastic Graeme Lee on board. Has won really easily in style, races prominently. Was 3rd here in a listed hurdle last year on good ground, might have preferred it slighltly softer today but still with a chance at a double figure price. Bergo 13/2 Bet365, Bedlam Boy 12/1 Stan James

Re: Aintree 10th April (Grand National) Only the 2 getting my cash today and both are in the same race, i have never been a fan of horses running at Cheltenham and then being sent over to perform at Aintree, for me it should be one or the other, its hard for a horse to be wound up for both mettings. Today am going LARGE on 2 horses that have missed Cheltenham and come to Aintree fresh and one we have not seen the best of yet, Noel Meade has always said he thinks alot of '''MUIRHEAD'''and he feels he has a big race in him, hes never really had his ground to show his true colours until today, hes a spring horse and we might just get to see the true muirhead on the ground hes been crying out for. Yes there is some very good animals in this 2-50 Grade 1 race ''But'' not many go on from Cheltenham and win at Aintree, IMO you need a fresh horse, ''Just look at ''what a friend'' beating a tired horse Imperial commander, ok Big Bucks won at Cheltenham then here at Aintree ''BUT'' he never won with as much ease as cheltenham. There is only one other fresh horse in this race and it for me is a real danger but its such a good price i will be backing this one aswell, the DANGER comes from QUEWETWO, its already beat Zaynar in ''that race'' Zaynar being 1/14 that day, people will then say Zaynar is better today at the weights, ''YES'' but he also ran at Cheltenham 3 weeks ago and got beat, Quewetwo comes here just like Muirhead ''FRESH'' for me the 2 have it between them. Aintree 2-50 MUIRHEAD & QUEWETWO both e/w bets.

Re: Aintree 10th April (Grand National) SLEEPY HOLLOW 1.45 Aintree. 1 point win. Ran out at Cheltenham, and probably wouldn't have beaten Peddlers Cross anyway, but I think this race and track will suit much better and on that basis there's not much between them. Trip and going not a concern and so at around 16/1 would be worth a bet.

Re: Aintree 10th April (Grand National) DOM D'ORGEVAL 3.25 Aintree. 1 point win. Can be a bit moody, but should be firing today on this track and over this trip. Weighted to go well in my opinion and the race should be run at a pace that suits. Should be staying on very well when it matters.

Re: Aintree 10th April (Grand National) Grand National - To complete the race This bet is just for horses to finish the race, they can finish 150 lengths behind the winner but aslong as they complete the race. Pretty simple, I'm taking horses that have a good completion rate in their races, not sure how this will fare as its the first time ive looked at a market like this. 1pt level stake. Joe Lively @ 2/1 Sportingbet Vic Venturi @ 1/1 Sportingbet Tricky Trickster @ 1/1 Sportingbet My Will @ 5/4 Sportingbet Backstage @ 5/4 Sportingbet Character Buliding @ 5/4 Sportingbet Ellerslie George @ 5/2 Sportingbet Ollie Magern @ 3/1 Sportingbet The Package @ 10/11 Sportingbet

Re: Aintree 10th April (Grand National) As an each way bet, you could do a lot worse the Ollie Magern at 200/1 bet365 (first 5 paid). Ran a good race in the WH Chase last time, staying on well and is looking well treated on his best form, which was a long time ago admittedly. 200/1 is a joke price.

Re: Aintree 10th April (Grand National) Comply to die is the one that will haunt me if it wins. It is a past winner and also second last year Murphy chose above The Package Pipe has got the National bug his dad clearly had. Its weight of 11st 5lb just keeps it in the trends also the only reason i kept it out of the trends was that its only raced twice this season ! Going to have a small saver now.